iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
got touch KO. while people will say 2.99 is not a good price, for what you get, it's worth it IMHO.

it's simple and that's all it needs to be honest, even if it's easy.

the price is going to go up eventually o grab it now if you want it cheaper.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Ugh...I couldn't stand it...deleted it after one play. I guess I wanted it to be similar to Pyoro from the WarioWare game, but it just seemed so complex for what it was.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did the same thing.

Wow can't believe MiniGore isn't out yet, The App Approval Process is getting ridiculously longer and longer. Getting Updates out and approved quickly is key to how well an App Does and how it will rise in the App Rankings. Apple is pretty disappointing and they should be more on top of this stuff since they receive 30% of the profits of each and EVERY app.

Also anybody interested in Simulation games like Sims 3 should check out Last Day of Work's Virtual Village 1 & 2 and Virtual Families, they play while ur not in the game as well!

I swung by the one Best Buy near me today, since it's getting close to the end of the month here, and grabbed a few more Rolando codes to trade. Looking for some Pepsi/Rock Band song codes...PM me.

I think I'll avoid RE4 until I hear some reviews. I don't think it'll be worth the $8 when I could play a much better version (RE4: Wii Edition) at home. Still, I can't help but be impressed that Capcom even ported the entire RE4 game over to the iPhone. Very cool.

One thing I think Capcom could consider doing is packaging up Mercinaries mode as a separate, and less expensive app. As it stands now, you have to complete RE4 to unlock Mercinaries mode, which (I predict), will mean a lot of people never get to play it as, I bet, a lot of people will find it too hard to finish the mobile game.

On another note, I just watched some more gameplay of MiniGore. That game looks really cool, I can't wait for it. It looks significantly more simple than iDracula, but as it's titled "Episode 1," I hope they'll flesh it out in the future to be a more feature rich game as they drum up excitement for HardGore. I'll be looking for both.

i played the re4 app a lot last night and i have to say that it's definitely worth the price at 7.99, especially if you enjoyed degeneration for 6.99. the controls aren't that bad, but even with TWELVE control scheme setups, they couldn't give me one i actually wanted, but i make do with the standard setup. unfortunately, i wouldn't exactly call it a complete port of re4 either...lots of static dialog to push the game along, and it's cut up into level select chapters. but even so, it's pretty fucking cool to play scenes from re4 on the iphone.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']apparently either this week or next week Konami is slicing the price of all its games such as MGS Touch, Silent Scope, Silent Hill, etc. up to 60% off.

I hear that MGS Touch will prob be in the $2-$3 range.[/QUOTE]

Any more word on this? I've been watching for it, but so far nothing . . .

Only info that I've been able to find was this:
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=427
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/konami-holding-iphone-game-sale
which appears to have been last week, apparently only in the UK app store.

(really hoping for a good deal on Silent Hill . . . )

[quote name='SCR5']Hi all, I am very curious what you guys feel are the "must have" games that you simply cannot put down because they are so awesomely addicting. I'd post this in another thread or forum but I can't find a section for iPhone games...

My personal take of Must Have's:
1. Hero of Sparta $0.99
2. Knights Onrush $0.99
3. Tiger Woods Golf $4.99
4. Tap Tap Revenge 2 $0.00
5. WildWest Pinball $0.00

(I did not like Zenonia at all.)[/QUOTE]

Dang, just got an Iphone and saw Zenonia was highly rated, top seller in the RPG department, and half-price. Really that bad?

[quote name='paddlefoot']Dang, just got an Iphone and saw Zenonia was highly rated, top seller in the RPG department, and half-price. Really that bad?[/QUOTE]

Luckily for you - there's a Zenonia Lite (free) version which will let you try it out. I think it's up there as one of the top RPGs on the iPhone, but truthfully that isn't saying a whole lot. In terms of RPG there are very few "fantasy" choices: Zenonia, Underworld, The Quest, Inotia. There are lite versions for all of those, I believe. Do play it for 2-3 hours before you decide to buy. Inotia in particular requires heavy heavy grinding...

[quote name='SCR5']Luckily for you - there's a Zenonia Lite (free) version which will let you try it out. I think it's up there as one of the top RPGs on the iPhone, but truthfully that isn't saying a whole lot. In terms of RPG there are very few "fantasy" choices: Zenonia, Underworld, The Quest, Inotia. There are lite versions for all of those, I believe. Do play it for 2-3 hours before you decide to buy. Inotia in particular requires heavy heavy grinding...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read the Inotia review and it sounded like a Diablo game without the story telling. Not sure how others feel, but Diablo II especially separated itself with the story telling, both the main story and sub-quests. Not interested in grinding and collecting crap if there is no overall point to it, whether it be story progression or multi-player show 'n' tell.

Thanks for letting me know about the lite versions. I always tend to forget about them. Games are so cheap that I normally just spend the money rather than testing it. But test driving an RPG does indeed seem to be the way to go. Also, does it just unlock the game and you keep your progress from the lite version?

[quote name='paddlefoot']Yeah, I read the Inotia review and it sounded like a Diablo game without the story telling. Not sure how others feel, but Diablo II especially separated itself with the story telling, both the main story and sub-quests. Not interested in grinding and collecting crap if there is no overall point to it, whether it be story progression or multi-player show 'n' tell.

Thanks for letting me know about the lite versions. I always tend to forget about them. Games are so cheap that I normally just spend the money rather than testing it. But test driving an RPG does indeed seem to be the way to go. Also, does it just unlock the game and you keep your progress from the lite version?[/QUOTE]
That I don't know. I've always started over. I can tell you the closest thing in my experience to Diablo is Underworlds. Inotia is a "little" similar. The key difference is: Underworlds is short (

[quote name='Codemaster']My Brute is on sale for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

I actually spotted that one too... and... for some reason, the hundreds of reviews on My Brute all begging to add them as the master of your dojo just turned me off from installing this game. Maybe its like Army Codes from Kingdoms Live? But for 0.99 I probably don't want to find out. Kingdoms Live & iMobsters were free, after all. No offense but seriously read those reviews before running away screaming. Someone tell me it's not that bad. Please :)

And oh, for a free game that is hilariously fun... Kids vs. Zombies. I was skeptical until I ran through the tutorial. It's fun. Oh and, it's free for a limited time I guess!

Chillingo has Jules Verne's Return to Mysterious Island and Knights Onrush on sale for $.99 right now.

Can anyone vouch for mysterious island?

[quote name='SCR5']In terms of RPG there are very few "fantasy" choices: Zenonia, Underworld, The Quest, Inotia.[/QUOTE]

I personally think that Vay is still the best RPG out for the iPhone right now. It's very old-school (it's a port of a Sega CD game), and unlike most of the others it's turn-based, but I really prefer that, particularly on the iPhone's interface. It's the only actual RPG that I've played all the way through on the iPhone.

[quote name='DtotheP']Chillingo has Jules Verne's Return to Mysterious Island and Knights Onrush on sale for $.99 right now.

Can anyone vouch for mysterious island?[/QUOTE]

I've got it, but actually haven't played it yet. I do know that late last week they put out a huge update that I think added more robust voice and music in the game and some other stuff.

Adventure games are still few and far between on the system, so I'm trying to support them, especially at these prices.

[quote name='nodoctors']Space Invaders Infinite Gene is out and it is BAD ASS. take a look at it here before immediately jamming the buy button

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323665063&mt=8[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that did nothing for me.

Now if you wanna hype somebody up for this game you should have sent them in this direction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShO9rtyIX-0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku%2Ecom%2F5324433%2Fspace%2Dinvaders%2Dreimagined%2Dfor%2Diphone&feature=player_embedded Got me so hyped I actually upgraded to the 3.0 firmware and I'm about to download the game now.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene looks interesting, but watching the video... I'm not really sure it would be any fun. Shots that go out to the side and then up from your ship? How are you suppose to aim that? I'm still interested in trying it, but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.

FYI, they also released Taito Space Invaders, classic version, unfortunately also for the same price.

[quote name='arcane93']I personally think that Vay is still the best RPG out for the iPhone right now. It's very old-school (it's a port of a Sega CD game), and unlike most of the others it's turn-based, but I really prefer that, particularly on the iPhone's interface. It's the only actual RPG that I've played all the way through on the iPhone.[/QUOTE]

I got partway through Vay, but had to do a clean reload of my old iPod touch, and have never been able to bring myself to go through everything I'd already done before, again. I don't know. It was fine for the time it was released, being the only RPG on the platform, but really it isn't that great of a game. Pretty dull, really. Also it's annoying that they changed the name of almost everything, just enough to make it a pain to use a guide. Maybe someone has produced a new guide since I last looked at it, with the iPhone names. I just don't get why they changed the names at all. What was the point?

[quote name='crunchewy']Space Invaders Infinity Gene looks interesting, but watching the video... I'm not really sure it would be any fun. Shots that go out to the side and then up from your ship? How are you suppose to aim that? I'm still interested in trying it, but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.

FYI, they also released Taito Space Invaders, classic version, unfortunately also for the same price.[/QUOTE]

it's worth it. you can evolve your ship and the game has infinite replay value due the the game variations and the use of your music to build levels.

I want it but have to see how poor I am at the moment.

also alot on sale...

as stated before, Star Hogs is .99

My Brute is .99
Radial 50 .99
Top Gun .99
Slot Racers .99

all mostly great deals.

tempted to get my brute.

[quote name='crunchewy']Space Invaders Infinity Gene looks interesting, but watching the video... I'm not really sure it would be any fun. Shots that go out to the side and then up from your ship? How are you suppose to aim that? I'm still interested in trying it, but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.

FYI, they also released Taito Space Invaders, classic version, unfortunately also for the same price.[/QUOTE]

I bought Infinity Gene, and it's really good. The weapon you're talking about is a heatseeking missile, so it triggers automatically and you don't have to aim. All weapons fire automatically by default, and you just move around. It's an excellent game; I can't really vouch for any sale component, making this a particularly non-CAG post, but I still think it's well worth full retail. :p

[quote name='jcp42877']not on sale but... Resident Evil 4 is out :)[/QUOTE]

Is it even the whole game? And who out there wanted to play RE:4 on the iPhone? I'd rather get a new experience altogether or nothing at all. iPhone is unique and should be treated as such. Which leads me to...

Omg Space Invaders IG is so sweet! I bought it right after seeing the video and it is tight. $5 is a fine price for it. It seems to be as hefty as Extreme and that came out at $20 so just think about it.

One very neat thing about levels generated by music is that they are always the same. So if you play 'Crazy Train' one day and you play 'Crazy Train' again another day it will be the same. Which is cool, because your favorite song might kill you and you might want revenge.

I will note though that I got some low memory message pop up when playing but it didn't break the game so I don't know what that is about.

[quote name='BigDicPlumaChik']lol i have been looking at this thread and downloading the free apps for weeks :) i just got my new iPhone 3gs white 32 gig today!! :D[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I bought Peggle a week or two before I got my iPhone, when it was on sale for 99 cents. Always good to plan ahead!

Do we have a non-game iphone thread? Anyway, I downloaded "billminder," "notifyme FREE," "occasions," "awesome note," "evernote," "zenbe lists," "balance," and "keeper FREE" and I felt that I'm all set with productivity apps. Awesome apps!!!! Don't go without it.

btw, geo defense is awesome, i like it way better than star defense. if you're only allowed to get two tower defense games - get geo defense and knights on rush! similar goals but different executions.

288395.png
Bike or Die 2 has dropped from $6.99 to $.99 for 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back