iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ace1233']anyone know a good deal on a ipod touch or cheapest place to get one??[/QUOTE]

I know Costco has them for pretty cheap, 32GB was like $369 I think. If you're looking for an 8 or 16 gig Im pretty sure Target is still doing a deal where you get a gift card with the purchase.

Id just wait though, Apple is probably going unveil Ipod Touch 3rd gen in September.

[quote name='Malik112099']been addicted to Luxor lately[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know that it's already out. I just added it to my Bargain Bin wish list for push notification. I'll wait 'til it hits 0.99 :D

EDIT: Zero Puzzle is now FREE.

Zero - Number Puzzle Game. Its an addictive number puzzle where Each touch on the number causes itself and its neigbouring number to decrement by 1. If any of these numbers is 0 - it will change into a 3. The objective of the game is to set all the numbers to 0, with least number of touches.

[quote name='Jswanko']I know Costco has them for pretty cheap, 32GB was like $369 I think. If you're looking for an 8 or 16 gig Im pretty sure Target is still doing a deal where you get a gift card with the purchase.

Id just wait though, Apple is probably going unveil Ipod Touch 3rd gen in September.[/QUOTE]

yea your right, I should wait for 3rd gen, thanks dude

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know that it's already out. I just added it to my Bargain Bin wish list for push notification. I'll wait 'til it hits 0.99 :D

EDIT: Zero Puzzle is now FREE.[/QUOTE]
Guess I need a super dumb setting because I can't even figure out the first level on real dumb.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Guess I need a super dumb setting because I can't even figure out the first level on real dumb.[/QUOTE]

got it in 3 clicks :lol: each touch on the number causes itself and its nearby numbers to decrease by 1. think of it as cross ----> +

the number on the middle affects the number on its top, bottom, left, and right.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']alphabetic is free this weekend. i have yet to download it but it looks nice and polished.[/QUOTE]

Good game...wife and I love it

ya'll need to add Orbital to your list of games to download. It is very addictive and has great visuals

[quote name='hollowfreak']Simon the Sorcerer dropped for $4.99 to $1.99, I've never played it so I can't vouch for it though.[/QUOTE]

Neat. :)

For those type of adventure games, I highly recommend Return to Mysterious Island. It's around the same price point, and is just real polished (voice acting, mechanics, etc.). :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']alphabetic is free this weekend. i have yet to download it but it looks nice and polished.[/QUOTE]i downloaded it the other nite and played it. pretty fun

Thanks for the heads-up on MEVO & The Grooveriders. Awesome platforming-style music game! My wife has been playing it for 3 days and enjoyed it.

[quote name='blue ocarina']Prey Invasion on sale for $0.99[/QUOTE]A lot of games are on sale for $0.99, people...

If you're going to mention a particular sale, please, leave your impressions on the game to help others make a decision on whether or not to buy it. This would be most helpful...

[quote name='blue ocarina']Prey Invasion on sale for $0.99[/QUOTE]

Linking to the app store FTW.

[quote name='iowaholdem']A lot of games are on sale for $0.99, people...

If you're going to mention a particular sale, please, leave your impressions on the game to help others make a decision on whether or not to buy it. This would be most helpful...[/QUOTE]

Maybe he didn't buy it, but wanted to share the deal with others. You can always read the 100+ reviews.

We don't need new rules after 106 pages; I think we're doing pretty well thanks. People shouldn't have to bend over backwards to justify whether or not someone else spends $.99.

So it is bending over backwards adding some fucking details? I never heard of most of this stuff. You can at least state what type of game it is. What is so hard in posting something like

Civ Rev is now $.99. looks like a great city builder.

I mean even if you haven't played the game there must be reason you took the time to post about.

True, but the point of CAG is deal postings. The $0.99 price line is only temporary for most items, so time is of the essence. If your unsure if you will like it, there usually is a ton of reviews on the app's page or just asking in here will get you an answer.

I estimate I spend $5 a week on $0.99 app's blindly because they are cheap. Not saying you need to, but for the price point I know I'll entertain myself much more then buying a Starbucks coffee will.

I don't want to start crap so I'm not going to go back and forth but the app store already contains reviews if anyone's unsure. But it just seems like people are getting really picky about formatting and stuff and sometimes it feels like you have to jump through hoops just to contribute to our little community. Plus I use the mobile site about 99% of the time so all those formatting options (linking, colors, icons etc.) aren't available to me.

PS Adrenaline & Block-Off are free right now.

[quote name='DtotheP']PS Adrenaline & Block-Off are free right now.[/QUOTE]

Block-Off gets points for having 'Ivana Tinkle' and 'Ben Dover' in the high score list in the screenshots. LOL.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']So it is bending over backwards adding some fucking details? I never heard of most of this stuff. You can at least state what type of game it is. What is so hard in posting something like

Civ Rev is now $.99. looks like a great city builder.

I mean even if you haven't played the game there must be reason you took the time to post about.[/QUOTE]

Civ is 4.99.

I apologize for the inconvenience a lack of impressions caused anyone, I did not actually purchase, but since it was a semi-high profile shooter that I have heard good (and some bad) things about (which is about par for the course for every iDevice shooter as far as I can tell) I determined it was worth posting, yet all I can tell you about Prey is exactly what you can find by clicking through to the app store description and reviews. I can hardly imagine that anyone here would prefer every sale post to become a copy/paste from appshopper...

I can't speak for everyone but at least for me, most sales I can not make a recommendation on because I tend to wait for the sales myself. If time permits and the sale is something I was personally interested in enough to buy, I try to find the time to at least skim the game in question as soon as possible and edit in brief impressions from actual game experience.

to the above poster, that threw me for a loop for a second too, but I'm pretty sure that was just an example of what he wants to see. Although I wouldn't say Civ Rev is a city builder at all.

Inkvaders just recently came out at 50% off for 99 cents.

Really fun so far. Similar to Zombieville USA, except you are a spaceman (with a jetpack). You go from left to right killing aliens and upgrading your weapons.

BTW, I used this site to link to the app.

http://www.linktoapp.com/

EDIT: I have played the game for about 30 minutes now, and I am loving it. Definitely worth the 99 cents. Very polished game, looks great, and the onscreen controls are very responsive.

iMech is on sale for 99 cents as an introductory price. Scored an 8.5 on ign and supposedly has a decent multiplayer component. I bit and I'll report back to let you guys know how it plays

[quote name='JazzFlight']Rise of Lost Empires and Castle of Magic are finally down in price. $2.99 each.

Heard good reviews and I always wanted to pick them both up.[/QUOTE]
AGGGGG, now they're $.99 apiece. Damn, sorry if I caused anyone (including myself...) to buy them at the 2.99 price.

Obviously, if you haven't gotten them yet, BUY NOW!

I'll check them out.
99 cents is my price point. There's enough good stuff at free or .99, I don't need to pay any more than that, and most titles will drop to .99 at least once. I won't kick myself too much if I buy at 99 and it goes from .99 to free for a weekend.

[quote name='JazzFlight']AGGGGG, now they're $.99 apiece. Damn, sorry if I caused anyone (including myself...) to buy them at the 2.99 price.

Obviously, if you haven't gotten them yet, BUY NOW![/QUOTE]

Rise of Lost Empires is back up to $2.99 already. :bomb: Castle of Magic is still $0.99 though.

Edit: Huh. And now Rise of Lost Empires is showing up at $0.99 again. WTF, Apple?

Football U is free for now. It's 44 megs! So far it's pretty decent and looks pretty good for the type of game. For free, I would say check it out.

[quote name='arcane93']Rise of Lost Empires is back up to $2.99 already. :bomb: Castle of Magic is still $0.99 though.

Edit: Huh. And now Rise of Lost Empires is showing up at $0.99 again. WTF, Apple?[/QUOTE]

Shows $0.99 for me in iTunes.

[quote name='arcane93']Rise of Lost Empires is back up to $2.99 already. :bomb: Castle of Magic is still $0.99 though.

Edit: Huh. And now Rise of Lost Empires is showing up at $0.99 again. WTF, Apple?[/QUOTE]Rise of Lost Empires shows $0.99 for me, too.

Can anyone post impressions on Rise of Lost Empires? It's made by Gameloft, so immediately I file it into the category of "quality games," so I wonder if it'd be worth my dollar. Any input would be appreciated.

A follow up on Moto X Mayhem, I'm loving this game. It took about 3 days to really get used to the controls, but I've got them down now and am loving playing through the game. At only 7 levels, the game can be completed in (around) 2 minutes. My top time (having completed the game twice), is 2:13.38 which puts me at 140673 place. So, if you're the competitive high score seeking type, this game will have a lot of legs. Definitely worth the $1 if you're in to physics racers.

[quote name='Malik112099']Alive 4-Ever just came out for $.99[/QUOTE]

I just picked it up earlier and I really like it. The gameplay is very similar to idracula but there are missions so it doesn't seem really repetitive albeit I've only played it for about 30 minutes. The sorta rpg elements are interesting too. Definitely worth $1.

Okay, so it's not a game, and not a deal, but Facebook 3.0 for iPhone is now available. The App Store currently still shows 2.5 but redownload it and you'll see it's the 3.0 version.

[quote name='Felder71']Okay, so it's not a game, and not a deal, but Facebook 3.0 for iPhone is now available. The App Store currently still shows 2.5 but redownload it and you'll see it's the 3.0 version.[/QUOTE]
Confirmed. Just showed up in the updates section for me.

[quote name='Felder71']Okay, so it's not a game, and not a deal, but Facebook 3.0 for iPhone is now available. The App Store currently still shows 2.5 but redownload it and you'll see it's the 3.0 version.[/QUOTE]

got it.....facebook isnt showing up under the notifications area in settings....please tell me this version supports push.....

[quote name='Malik112099']Alive 4-Ever just came out for $.99[/QUOTE]

If you want a fun zombie shooter kinda like the idracula game, get this.

Also note, it's only 99 cents for like a week, then it'll be a 1.99 for another week i think, then it's going to full price (which i'm not really sure what that is).

Nucleus, Squared and Twistlink are all free right now. They're all puzzle games. I haven't gotten to play them yet but twistlink has the most polish and the highest reviews.

I picked up Asphalt:4, Hero of Sparta, and iMech today for $.99 each. I dunno if those are the normal prices, but they are all good games. Hero of Sparta is especially awesome.

My school just gave free 8gig iPod Touches to all of it's new nursing students (So stay in school :p). I was getting ready to buy a PSP, but after playing some of these games, I don't think I'll be doing that now... I'm super surprised at the touch's gaming power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back