iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need 3.0 to d/l Facebook app?Also,I'm about to buy a new Macbook and it'll come with a free iPod Touch but does it come with version 3.0?Thanks.

[quote name='snakelda']Do I need 3.0 to d/l Facebook app?Also,I'm about to buy a new Macbook and it'll come with a free iPod Touch but does it come with version 3.0?Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll need 3.0. My iPod Touch that is brand new didn't have 3.0. I sent you a PM regarding how to get 3.0, since I don't know if the forum rules allow me to post the steps publicly...

You don't need to pay for 3.0 if you're using a Touch. Nothing really that special. It's great if you are using an iPhone but then again it's a free D/L, versus 9.99 if you're using a Touch.

3.0 may not be necessary for a Touch, but a lot of apps/games are starting to require it so without 3.0, you may have to sit out on certain stuff. And I expect that trend to continue in the future.

[quote name='snakelda']Do I need 3.0 to d/l Facebook app?Also,I'm about to buy a new Macbook and it'll come with a free iPod Touch but does it come with version 3.0?Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The new facebook app requires you to have the 3.0 iphone FW.

I just played both Alive 4-ever and iDracula on my jailbroken iPod Touch. I didn't like iDracula so much, but the missions for Alive 4-ever seemed to make it more fun.

Anyways, I think I'll spend the 99 cents and get the game.

[quote name='tenchim86']The new iPod Touch should only come with 2.0 on it. 3.0 is available online for free you look hard enough (hint hint).[/QUOTE]

the man speaks the truth. If you already know how to jailbreak your touch getting 3.0 for free will be no problem.

Now keeping your old data might be a problem but there are ways for backing that stuff up.

Backing up your data isn't a problem if you are upgrading to 3.0 or jailbreaking. You just need to restore from your itunes backup after you're done.

Not a game but MovieFlick which is a Netflix Manager is on sale for a dollar. I thought it was well worth a dollar. It allows you to browse, add and remove from queue instand and regular, and it has a lot of nice little features.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Not a game but MovieFlick which is a Netflix Manager is on sale for a dollar. I thought it was well worth a dollar. It allows you to browse, add and remove from queue instand and regular, and it has a lot of nice little features.[/QUOTE]

Flixster does all of that for free plus a whole lot more. It's probably the only movie app anyone needs.

[quote name='Felder71']Flixster does all of that for free plus a whole lot more. It's probably the only movie app anyone needs.[/QUOTE]

I tried flixter but I liked MovieFlick better and though it was wortha buck. wouldn't pay more than that though.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I tried flixter but I liked MovieFlick better and though it was wortha buck. wouldn't pay more than that though.[/QUOTE]

How is the stability of MovieFlick? I've been using iPhlix, and it's great when it works, but it crashes way too often.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Mini Taxi is FREE for the next 24 hours. It's a top-view Crazy Taxi. Good luck!
http://appshopper.com/link/mini-taxi[/QUOTE]

Just downloaded it, looks decent. Thanks!

[quote name='Felder71']Flixster does all of that for free plus a whole lot more. It's probably the only movie app anyone needs.[/QUOTE]

PhoneFlicks is all I've ever used. Managing my Netflix queue isn't exactly a very involved/critical task, so when I found a free one that did the trick, I stopped looking. I've used it maybe twice in 2 months.

EDIT: I have never used Flixster, my bad. I have PhoneFlicks.

[quote name='Felder71']I wonder if you guys and I are talking about the same app. Flixster 3.0 with Netflix support was just released a few days ago. I think maybe the app itself is called Movies. I might have gotten it wrong. But it also does movie tickets, previews, links to Facebook stuff, etc.

http://www.flixster.com/t?r=http://...NavHeaderIPhonePromoClick&platform=FLX&v=true[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the others, but I was confused. I use 'PhoneFlicks'. Its decent. Does what I need it to.

Just picked up the free 'mini taxi', thanks! I also picked up 'Dropship' for free and it is a SWEET game once you figure out what's going on.

I am just browsing through and found 'Boxed In' which is listed as free for a limited time.

Meh @ surveys, this is usually a cash farming process for someone.
cagus.smile.jpg

@RelentlessRolento: Did you actually get $10 for this or is this just a ploy for people to take the survey. Also, how long did it take them to e-mail it to you?

[quote name='tenchim86']@RelentlessRolento: Did you actually get $10 for this or is this just a ploy for people to take the survey. Also, how long did it take them to e-mail it to you?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this as well.

[quote name='tenchim86']@RelentlessRolento: Did you actually get $10 for this or is this just a ploy for people to take the survey. Also, how long did it take them to e-mail it to you?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see if I get it but based off of GAF it sounds legit.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have yet to see if I get it but based off of GAF it sounds legit.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for giving us all the heads up!

I will post if/when I get it.

Dragon Portals is on sale for 1.99, and is definitely worth a look if you like puzzlers. I bought it the other day at full price (4.99) and I think it was worth that.

[quote name='cycophuk']Did the survey last night. Never got anything back from the site. No $10 GC. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

yup, still nothing this morning.

I took it early yesterday and haven't seen anything, we will see though! I think if it does I will get Worms and my fiance wants me to buy Scrabble.

[quote name='kapkorn']I took it early yesterday and haven't seen anything, we will see though! I think if it does I will get Worms and my fiance wants me to buy Scrabble.[/QUOTE]

I'll use it as a "free" upgrade to 3.0. I'm tired of being told I can't download certain apps cause I haven't upgraded, but I don't want to pay 10 bucks to do so. This will be an easy justification.

[quote name='cycophuk']I'll use it as a "free" upgrade to 3.0. I'm tired of being told I can't download certain apps cause I haven't upgraded, but I don't want to pay 10 bucks to do so. This will be an easy justification.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I am gonna do.

As a huge fan of the dual stick shooters (ie: iDracula and Minigore), I can say, I'm very impressed with Alive 4ever from the first five minutes or so I played it.

The graphics are great. The blood splattering is quite cool and the sound effects compliment it well. I must say that I don't like the nearly 90 degree top-down angle, but that I'm sure I could get used to. I think it'd look better at about 60-70 degrees since that's about the angle I "look" into the iPod. Oh well, that's a minor gripe.

I can tell that this game is going to be a good experience all the way through.

I'm still waiting, but sometimes promos take time to get to you. dont be surprised if you see an itunes card show up in your inbox a month from now. They never even said how long it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back