iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']Is Terminator Salvation worth 99 cents? The reviews are praising the hell out of it. O_O[/QUOTE]

Its supposed to be the best in its Genre. I bought a soda for 1.25 this morning and that's gone now.....

[quote name='DtotheP']Yeah autostitch is amazing, glad I could help. Btw iphoneography.com is a great resource you should check out. That's where I first heard about that app.

IM+ is on sale for $2.99 down from $9.99. I've never seen it this low. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on that one.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at IM+. Do you know if its easy to set up the email access?

iBlast Moki's art style is not the greatest thing ever but the gameplay is fun. I'm only in the beginning worlds but it could get very fun if there's a crazy amount of bombs to play with.

[quote name='Malik112099']anyone download skies of glory yet? I hope the online plays well[/QUOTE]

I did. Played a round with a friend on lunch today. The controls are insanely difficult once you're starting out. It played nicely though. I did get a disclaimer about online being free for a limited time though. Not sure what that meant.

[quote name='mkernan']If anybody picks up the 99-cent 'Implode!' or any other IUGO Mobile game, my VIP referral code is 18237. I'll enter somebody else's if somebody enters mine. Apparently there's some extra mode in Implode! that's only available through this VIP referral system.[/QUOTE]

The 'extra' mode is just a sort of bonus, that gives you 10 of each bomb type in the level as well as 'never fail'. Even if you hit buildings etc. you don't lose. Only catch, is that since it is a cheat (aptly names the 'Sandbox Cheat'), highscores do not save while the cheat is active. If you dont' already have 10 points, I believe one successful referral is all you need to unlock it and start blowing stuff up just for the hell of it!

It's pretty fun, and some of the levels can be quite challenging to get those coveted A+ scores.

Ok - I know this is a bit off topic - but...

I want a decent sketching/drawing/painting app. I've seen brushes and colors and a variety of others but being the cheapass I don't want to pay 4.99! Anybody have any suggestions for free ones that are decent? Or opinions on what is THE best one?

N.O.V.A & Avatar both look like they could be amazing if they go on sale ... both a tad on the pricey side at the moment, but both look like quality Gameloft titles that will be worth watching.

[quote name='etcrane']N.O.V.A & Avatar both look like they could be amazing if they go on sale ... both a tad on the pricey side at the moment, but both look like quality Gameloft titles that will be worth watching.[/QUOTE]

Terminator Salvation

[quote name='Casteor']Terminator Salvation[/QUOTE]

N.O.V.A has online multiplayer and looks like Halo though! I know everyone keeps raving about Terminator but I dunno, wasn't a huge fan of the latest film. Much better than 3 but still didn't hold a candle to 2. I'm sure the game is fun, but I'm much more interested in the Avatar world than the Terminator Salvation world.

[quote name='etcrane']N.O.V.A has online multiplayer and looks like Halo though! I know everyone keeps raving about Terminator but I dunno, wasn't a huge fan of the latest film. Much better than 3 but still didn't hold a candle to 2. I'm sure the game is fun, but I'm much more interested in the Avatar world than the Terminator Salvation world.[/QUOTE]

Don't have to be a fan... just appreciate the game mechanics for an itouch/iphone game.

$7 for NOVA... too much!

[quote name='bordjon']Ok - I know this is a bit off topic - but...

I want a decent sketching/drawing/painting app. I've seen brushes and colors and a variety of others but being the cheapass I don't want to pay 4.99! Anybody have any suggestions for free ones that are decent? Or opinions on what is THE best one?[/QUOTE]
My wife really likes this one:
http://appshopper.com/entertainment/asian-painting

Picking up Arachnadoodle

Saw the video on toucharcade and it really does look like a cross between Spider and Peggle which is a totally strange blend of awesome.

[youtube]A4SIgh6Ph_k&[/youtube]

Cabby is today's Appvent game:

http://appventcalendar.com/cabby/

Holiday Smash is a featured free game too:

http://appventcalendar.com/holiday-smash

And BitFlip appears to still be free today, too.

http://appventcalendar.com/bitflip

[quote name='bordjon']I want a decent sketching/drawing/painting app. I've seen brushes and colors and a variety of others but being the cheapass I don't want to pay 4.99! Anybody have any suggestions for free ones that are decent? Or opinions on what is THE best one?[/QUOTE]

I bought Sketchbook Mobile for $2.99 (normally $4.99) a few days ago. I'd been waiting for Brushes to go on sale, but this one caught my eye instead. I have no idea what I'm doing and just wanted to have something to goof around with. It has really high reviews and its made by Autodesk, which I figured was a company with a pretty good reputation (they make AutoCAD). I've only used it once or twice so far, but from what I can tell, its pretty rad.

Its still on sale too:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sketchbook-mobile/id327375467?mt=8

[quote name='hollowfreak']@bordjon

SketchBook MobileX is free. I can't really compare it to much as I've never tried any of the others but it does work quite well. It also has the ability to work with layers but in the end I find drawing absolutely horrible on the iPhone.

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/sketchbook-mobilex[/QUOTE]

great
smile.gif
thx for the link...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly repeats for the EA sale today: Spore Origins, Sudoku, Snood, Auditorium, Mystery Mania, Anytime Pool, Zombies & Me. Connect 4 seems to be the new one. All are .99.

Tons of new freebies on appshopper.com, too. Air Cadets, Chuck the Ball, Ms Chuck the Ball, Nukeball, FAST, Frootrees, and Holiday Bowl Classic are among the offerings.

Implode is pretty great. Definitely worth 99 cents. Also I entered your VIP code mkernan. Please enter mine: 7174

Also I'll enter anyone elses who adds mine. Just PM me with your code.

[quote name='crunchewy']Implode is pretty great. Definitely worth 99 cents. Also I entered your VIP code mkernan. Please enter mine: 7174

Also I'll enter anyone elses who adds mine. Just PM me with your code.[/QUOTE]

I tried to enter more than one referral, but it's greyed out and says:
You have already set your referral
Referral can only be set once per game.

So I don't think you can add more people, at least for Implode! anyways.
For what it's worth, still looking for someone to add me for Implode!. 18370.

If someone knows a way to add more, let me know and I'll add more people.

[quote name='crunchewy']Implode is pretty great. Definitely worth 99 cents. Also I entered your VIP code mkernan. Please enter mine: 7174

Also I'll enter anyone elses who adds mine. Just PM me with your code.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LuisRM']I tried to enter more than one referral, but it's greyed out and says:
You have already set your referral
Referral can only be set once per game.

So I don't think you can add more people, at least for Implode! anyways.
For what it's worth, still looking for someone to add me for Implode!. 18370.

If someone knows a way to add more, let me know and I'll add more people.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should have gone back and edited my post, but I already entered somebody else's referral code. Each IUGO Mobile game only lets you enter one referral code. Sorry.

[quote name='blue ocarina']Picking up Arachnadoodle

Saw the video on toucharcade and it really does look like a cross between Spider and Peggle which is a totally strange blend of awesome.

[/QUOTE]

...and it's only .99 cents. Guys. Buy this.

NOVA is awesome. The framerate is really good for all the shit going on on screen...very impressed. AVATAR also plays well. Gameloft is really kicking ass and taking names.

Count me as another who's running Avatar on a 1st gen ipod touch. It's working great. There's no troubles. I can't speak for NOVA, but everything else that gameloft has put out runs great on my machine.

Saw the price of Command and Conquer dropped to $4.99 and EA added multiplayer via Wi-Fi/BlueTooth. Anyone have the update and could they recommend it at $4.99 instead of it's original $9.99? Or is it one of those that will be better to wait until $2 ish?

The international version of Need For Speed Shift is out. $14!??! I think that is a bit steep for an iphone game....makes me wonder if apple still has plans for the higher end/quality app store that was suppossed to come out with premium apps at higher prices...

t12562u193.jpg

[quote name='Malik112099']The international version of Need For Speed Shift is out. $14!??! I think that is a bit steep for an iphone game....makes me wonder if apple still has plans for the higher end/quality app store that was suppossed to come out with premium apps at higher prices...
[/QUOTE]

just searched for it and its 9.99 now. still quite high for iphone app if you ask me. I'll wait for a 1.99 or 0.99 sale ;)

Pac Man CE is 99 cents
Touch KO is 99 cents
Defender Chronicles is 99 cents
iDracula is 99 Cents
Hybrid Eternal Whisper is 99 Cents
Both Mysterious Island games are 99 cents
Baseball Superstars 2010 is 2.99

Thanks for the heads up on Pac-man CE ...$0.99 is the only price I'd pay since you have to buy "DLC" in order to make it a complete game.

EA is still running the same apps from yesterday at .99 (Spore Origins, Snood, Anytime Pool, Auditorium, etc.). Didn't notice any new additions for today. Oh well. My iTouch is already overflowing as it is. Picked up the Terminator Salvation shooter last night. Pretty good (especially for .99). Might go ahead and get MGS for .99, too.

I'm downloading F.A.S.T. - thanks for the heads up. Only one problem: it's off the end of the pages. I'm having a hard time deciding what to take off. This would be easier to decide if taking an app of your iPhone didn't result in losing all your progress the next time you put it back on. Some games save your data on a server, but many don't. Well, eventually I'll be done with some games and can move F.A.S.T. (and whatever other freebies I download from here on out) back on-screen.

EDIT: Also downloaded all the appventcalendar games for today. I just remembered that I can somewhat get around the apps limit problem because I can stlll get to this off the end games by searching for them. Just have to remember their names....

Pac Man - CE is an absolute steal at the .99 price point. I paid the $3 for it during that sale and don't regret it at all. I am an 80's child and Ms. Pac Man/Pac Man were all time favorites in the arcade. Even today I have a hard time walking passed a Ms. Pac Man machine without popping in some quarters. I can easily say this is my favorite iPhone game. It works very well for the form factor; being a great pick up and go game. Great for 5 minutes here and there. The only complaint I have is in regard to the size of the screen, I am hoping they add the ability to stretch the screen a bit.

For the people who have issue with "In game purchase" and the boycott of the product this is not a demo product you're buying. The amount of content is well worth the $3 I paid and, again, a steal at .99. Don't blame namco, blame the pirates. In game purchases are going to be a common theme in 2010. Apple's piracy prevention is non existent. One developer claimed an 80% piracy rate of their last game. Here is the link to the joystiq article:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/26/developer-claims-80-percent-piracy-rate-for-latest-iphone-releas/

If developers aren't making any money off of their releases, we will see a real decline in quality on the device. If in game purchases are allow for the platform to continue to grow and as a result bring better games to the device, I am for it.

iDracula *looks* kickass. I went ahead and bit for .99. Curse these great sales! I have so many apps I've run outta pages. . .gotta try to remember everything I've downloaded so I can search for it later.

Defender Chronicles for 99cents is an absolute must if you don't have it. That game constantly has updates and is has literally tens of hours of gameplay.

On a side note, can you "gift" someone an iphone game? Much like you can with the Wii?

bread's done
Back