iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='awp']On Twitter, Touch Arcade says they're having DNS problems, not sure if they also own App Shopper because it's strange that they're both down (at least they are for me).[/QUOTE]
The feed on TA is from AppShopper, I don't believe they are related business-wise, but the new apps page is a service they get from AppShopper

In the interest of also being helpful: links for Zombie City Pro and Spartacus

[quote name='Vegan']Twilight initiated the opening of a vampire floodgate. It's pretty saturated lately if you've been paying attention.[/QUOTE]

yeah twilight really kicked the door in for some lame vampires. my favorite vampire for some time has been Radu from subspecies because he's just so decrepit and sloppy and completely contrary to an anne rice, or even bela lugosi, type of vampire. incidentally, i was on youtube the other day and some chick re-edited stills from subspecies to a soundtrack of "apologize" by one republic and totally made the series seem like a lame vampire love story.

on an unrelated note that is more pertinent to the focus of this thread, quizarium is pretty damn fun. it's like those trivia games they have in bars except when no one knows the answer, everyone just starts shooting off joke answers.

Ok so I know this is not deal related but there is not really another thread with a bunch of users of these games anywhere so I apologize.

Does anyone else get issues with the Plus+ network at all? For example right now if I click on the Plus+ icon at the top of a game, my friends list is gone and my avatar picture does not show up. Also, depending on what game I launch the Plus+ tools from it says that I have a different score.

I know I am connected online since everything else if working, including OpenFeint.

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='awp']On Twitter, Touch Arcade says they're having DNS problems, not sure if they also own App Shopper because it's strange that they're both down (at least they are for me).[/QUOTE]They are both run by the same guy. So if one is having connectivity trouble, the other likely will as well.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Anybody else a big fan of Castle Frenzy? For 0.99, that's got to be one of (if not THE) best castle defense games!!![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I really dig Castle Frenzy. I like it better than Knights Onrush, which I also have, because I can never seem to implement the upgrades as easily in Knights.

azkend, one of the best puzzlers in the app store is on sale for 2.99 from 4.99...

also here's a promo code for 1 person to get homerun battle 3d(one of my all time personal fav's) for free, please post if u use it: EFPN6H4P33XA

[quote name='Malik112099']I picked up Pandamania yesterday and it is a very good bow defense game. Enjoying it a lot.

http://appshopper.com/games/pandamania-legend-of-the-fu-manchu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dakoja0eLU[/QUOTE]
PandaMania is awesome. I'm currently stuck on the first Big Boss enemy (Level 10?). I've only gotten as far as 80% completion before my maxed-out tower falls. The most effective thing seems to be the fire arrow, but if anyone has gotten past this level with a different strategy please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just keep raining flames until I manage to wear him down. . .

[quote name='caltab']azkend, one of the best puzzlers in the app store is on sale for 2.99 from 4.99...

also here's a promo code for 1 person to get homerun battle 3d(one of my all time personal fav's) for free, please post if u use it: EFPN6H4P33XA[/QUOTE]

Redeemed, thanks a ton for the code. Can't wait to play the game.

Dimsdale - I keep upgrading the regular and volley arrows. When you have the volley arrows equipped and hold it for 4 seconds it's like a mini pandamania. Works great for me. Killed the boss my first try.

[quote name='Malik112099']Dimsdale - I keep upgrading the regular and volley arrows. When you have the volley arrows equipped and hold it for 4 seconds it's like a mini pandamania. Works great for me. Killed the boss my first try.[/QUOTE]
Excellent! Thanks for the tip. I'll sell my other upgrades and upgrade the regular and volley arrows instead. I tried the mini volley, but the non-upgraded arrows just bounce off the boss.

Off topic, but after updating to 3.1.3, has anyones volume slider stopped working for their music? The side buttons still work, but the slider bar is busted.

[quote name='seanr1221']Off topic, but after updating to 3.1.3, has anyones volume slider stopped working for their music? The side buttons still work, but the slider bar is busted.[/QUOTE]

This happens to mine every so often. It'll glitch and I'm forced to reset my iPod. Not gonna lie, it pisses me off they haven't fixed this yet. It's acually done this on my 3rd gen like the past 3 updates. Oh well

[quote name='seanr1221']Off topic, but after updating to 3.1.3, has anyones volume slider stopped working for their music? The side buttons still work, but the slider bar is busted.[/QUOTE]

I've got this issue on my 3gs as well, though I hadn't really noticed it being tied to the update. At first I thought it was the new case I bought maybe putting pressure on the side buttons, but I took the case off and the problem was still there. Seems only to affect the volume slider at the bottom of the ipod player; the volume slider in other apps still work ok, and if you double hit the home button to bring up the mini ipod control screen, that volume slider works.

[quote name='Malik112099']Dimsdale - you can't hit the boss. You have to shoot the sheep he's riding.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. I try to aim for the soft spots on the sheep (it seems to have some armored areas, too). That's why I was using the fire arrows. I thought the flames would do the most damage but that's obviously not the case. A stronger multi-volley in the right spot should drop the little sucker, yes? I'll give it a shot (pun intended) during lunch this afternoon. Thanks again for the feedback, Malik.

The Ice Monster (level 30 i think) on Pandamania is giving me problems.....i have fully upgraded arrows and 5 volley arrows so I am gonna go back through every level and get enough money to max out the volley and fire....this game is really good

[quote name='Malik112099']The Ice Monster (level 30 i think) on Pandamania is giving me problems.....i have fully upgraded arrows and 5 volley arrows so I am gonna go back through every level and get enough money to max out the volley and fire....this game is really good[/QUOTE]
Yikes, you're on Level 30 and you just got this game two days ago?! You stud.

GUYS, just so you know... I finally bought me an iPod touch!!! :]

Got myself a 32GB 3rd Gen for $217 shipped. What a deal!!! Now I can finally put these 256 apps to use. ^_^

Congrats Fire_thief! Enjoy. You won't be able to quit playing with it for a while. Ha ha. I mean you'll be enjoying that thing a lot. I mean. You'll play with it so much your think your going blind. Um. Nevermind. Have fun man! Ha.

Likwid is a complete rip off of Auditorium. It's so similar I don't see how someone doesn't get sued over it. I would be pi$$ed If I was electronic arts.

[quote name='arcane93']You know what's even more awesome? Telling us what the links you post actually go to.[/QUOTE]
His link was to the 'A Snake' game that someone linked to in an earlier post. It is free, not so sure about the awesome part lol :D

Quizarium is starting to piss me off. I know it's developed by non-native English speakers, but so many answers are mispelled. Plus those new fullscreen ads that pop up mid-game are ridiculous.

[quote name='107proof']Likwid is a complete rip off of Auditorium. It's so similar I don't see how someone doesn't get sued over it. I would be pi$$ed If I was electronic arts.[/QUOTE]

Still would have liked to check this out, but apparently it will only run on 3G iPhones and iPod Touches. The graphics looked nice but with the kind of gameplay we're talking about I really don't see why it won't run on 2Gs. The description says it requires the 3.0+ OS which I have. Never mentions to have the latest models. But it errors out when trying to load to my phone saying it won't run on my model. This isn't Gears of War or something.

[quote name='awp']Still would have liked to check this out, but apparently it will only run on 3G iPhones and iPod Touches. The graphics looked nice but with the kind of gameplay we're talking about I really don't see why it won't run on 2Gs. The description says it requires the 3.0+ OS which I have. Never mentions to have the latest models. But it errors out when trying to load to my phone saying it won't run on my model. This isn't Gears of War or something.[/QUOTE]
I just got a new 3rd Gen 32gb Touch today and it does not install.

This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to gift applications to someone? It seems its only possible with music/videos, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

[quote name='zeb06']I just got a new 3rd Gen 32gb Touch today and it does not install.[/QUOTE]

Strange. They must not want anyone to play the game!

[quote name='107proof']Congrats Fire_thief! Enjoy. You won't be able to quit playing with it for a while. Ha ha. I mean you'll be enjoying that thing a lot. I mean. You'll play with it so much your think your going blind. Um. Nevermind. Have fun man! Ha.[/QUOTE]

W00p W00p! =]

[quote name='awp']Still would have liked to check this out, but apparently it will only run on 3G iPhones and iPod Touches. The graphics looked nice but with the kind of gameplay we're talking about I really don't see why it won't run on 2Gs. The description says it requires the 3.0+ OS which I have. Never mentions to have the latest models. But it errors out when trying to load to my phone saying it won't run on my model. This isn't Gears of War or something.[/QUOTE]

The requirements sidebar only includes iPhone. It is fairly odd that it isn't iPod Touch compatible as well. Nothing in the description leaps out at me as something that should limit it to iPhone...

Looks like a reskin of Auditorium with an aim toward songs versus musical compositions, I'd give it a shot, but I don't have an iPhone.
I downloaded anyways and maybe a future update will patch in iPod support.

bread's done
Back