Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dimsdale']The hack 'n slash brawler, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, is back on sale for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/spartacus-blood-and-sand/id346761958?mt=8).

"Step into the arena. Hear the deafening roar of the crowd. Prepare to FIGHT! The Roman legions have disgraced you and the path to avenge them is soaked with blood and brutality! Prevail over your opponents in gruesome battles, and discover that the sword carves justice with a blade of retribution. Horrific tooth-and-nail fights ending in shocking carnage will quench your thirst for bloodshed. Finish your opponents with humiliating decapitations leaving them on the sand as a feast for circling vultures. You are the ultimate gladiator. You are Spartacus.

Based on the Starz Original TV series “Spartacus: Blood and Sand,” this 3D fighting game allows players to engage in intense combat as our Thracian hero fights for survival and freedom. Vie to become the top gladiator of Capua, compete in head-to-head multiplayer battles via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, or customize your fighting experience in the challenge and survival modes.

A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, Im a big fan of the show and didnt want to fork the 5 bucks or so on it. HOORAY FOR MORE FIGHTERS!!! Im loving this! I just wish there was a 2d fighter on this thing. The 3D ones use up alot of battery life.

So far it is an alright game, Im happy with it, but its not as solid as bruce lee. but it has FATALITIES haha. Definitely worth the price of FREE.

No problem, I'll come back brah.

I got that Spartacus fighter app thingy. It's decent, I would never pay for it though.

Hoping for some good sales soon.

[quote name='cusoman']Man, this thread moves along like molasses without the drama factor![/QUOTE]

There hasn't been that many deals to move it along.

NanoMechs

683907.png

Destroy, Jump and Fly in this fast-action online game. Lots of weapons and lots of action!

NanoMechs is a high speed, multiplayer online game. Real-time multiplayer battles. Gameplay can be compared to popular 3D shooters like Halo and Unreal, except with gorgeous 2D graphics designed just for the iPhone and iPod Touch!

You pilot a NanoMech. NanoMechs are bio-mechanical militaristic mobile suits, developed to protect their nanoscopic world from impending doom.

★TESTIMONIALS★
"one of the best online fighting games on the App Store" - Touchaholics.com

"NanoMechs is by far the best online experience I've ever had on the iPhone and Ipod Touch platforms. Lag is never an issue" - Ryan Dale

★Features★
•Real-Time 8 Player ONLINE BATTLES.
•4 Weapons (to blow up your friends)
•6 Awesome levels to master
•4 NanoMechs to choose from and more on the way!
•Death Match and Time-Attack Game Modes
•Fast White-Knuckle Shooter Excitement!
•Super Smooth Graphics (30-40 Hertz refresh rates)!

NanoMechs delivers a type action never seen before on this platform! Are you ready to blast your friends in this high-speed online multiplayer shooter? Connect over the Internet for a new and unprecedented mobile gaming experience.

*NOTICE* Experience may change during online play, especially over 3G. Recommended that you connect to a wifi network for best online experience.

http://appshopper.com/games/nanomechs

[quote name='Dimsdale']The puzzle platformer Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs is currently on sale for .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ice-age-dawn-of-the-dinosaurs/id338101467?mt=8). This title was authored by the same group who did Toki Tori and it's published by Chillingo (of Minigore and iDracula fame, among many others).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, was looking for a sale on this game for a while. Love puzzle platform games, and I heard this one was pretty decent for a movie tie-in. Will try it tomorrow during my daily metro commute.

Pocket Warfare (This has pretty good reviews)

** 대한민국 선거를 기념해서 1데이 프리 이벤트 진행합니다. 선거권이 있는 대한민국 국민께서는
선거에 참여하셔서 살기좋은 대한민국이 되는데 힘을 보태주세요. 감사합니다.*
In commemoration of local election in Korea, we are offering one day free event today.
For those koreans who have suffrage, pelase participate the election and help our
country to become better place to live. Thank you.

[synopsis]

Guard the last tower from dark force!
One day, gate of dimension was suddenly open, and dark force beyond dimension started attacking the world.
6 towers of 7 defending towers were already destroyed by dark force for 6 days.
If last tower is destroyed, there are no more places to live and be protected from dark force.
To protect last tower, humans and elves who have protected seven towers gathered.

[Features]

Mode of achieving goals and mode for supporting unlimitedly
6 various maps
100 persons VS large scaled battle of 100 more persons
Supplying various soldiers like swordsmen, archers and churchmen and defending towers with three strategies
Various ways of playing games by level-up

http://appshopper.com/games/pocket-warfare

Also...

Pocket Siege (another one with good reviews. Also FREE!!)

In commemoration of local election in Korea, we are offering one day free event today.
For those koreans who have suffrage, pelase participate the election and help our
country to become better place to live. Thank you.

Brand new game that will capture your mind and you will capture your iPhone and iPod Touch and won’t ever let go!
Pocket Siege is different than any other “boring” siege warfare.
You can not only enjoy the game, but also many other challenges and you can access to the community via “Open Feint”.
Victory can be achieved by effectively defending the Turret.

-How to play
-
1. The goal of this game is to defend one’s tower while destroying other’s tower.
2. Player’s and enemies unit is produced every 30 seconds.
If you leave the units, they can’t attack effectively, therefore the basic strategy is to save player’s units and destroying enemy’s units.
3. To become stronger than enemy, one must upgrade one’s units.
Once the unit’s level reaches 30, their “Class” changes which makes the unit stronger.
4. Attack when the time is right.
Before the attack, produce more Switch Units, and you can switch them into Attacker units when you are attacking.

-Features-

1. Very detailed strategic game play can be performed with many units with unique roles.
2. 39 Challenges and 12 hidden secret challenges.
3. Support “Open Feint”
4. Supports 1 : 1 user challenges using Bluetooth.
5. Supports English and Korean.
6. Supports different ranking systems using Open Feint: Unit Kill, High Score, and Match Won.

Challenge yourself to become the number 1 in each ranking system.
http://appshopper.com/games/pocket-siege

Terrorist Zombies
ON SALE NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME!! $0.99

197547.png

-Not designed for the iPhone 3G-

Terrorist Zombies is an action packed 3rd person zombie survival game. Unlike the many other zombie games, there is no limit to how many zombies will attack you at once. Not to mention there are plenty of incredible explosions from grenades, artillery, and even air strikes. Oh, we almost forgot to mention Adrenaline mode, it’s a form of bullet time, and it’s awesome.

Visit TerroristZombies.com for a trailer and more.

The better you get, the more zombies the game throws at you. Don’t worry though; you have all kinds of weaponry to defend yourself.

-12 Weapons(+a laser pointer):
1)M9 Beretta
2)Colt .45
3)Desert Eagle
4)M4
5)M1 Garand
6)Thompson
7)Sawed off Shotgun
8)AK47
9)MG42
10)Grenade Launcher
11)Mini-Gun
12)Laser Chainsaw

http://appshopper.com/games/terrorist-zombies

I agree, when I click on my updates to see which of my apps have new content, I get giddy in my pants when I see some of my favs on there.

Has anybody else had the problem where it tells you the Credit Card security code is invalid when it is correct? Now I can't download anything :/

[quote name='Myka']Has anybody else had the problem where it tells you the Credit Card security code is invalid when it is correct? Now I can't download anything :/[/QUOTE]

no, I guess you could always buy the itune's cards

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I agree, when I click on my updates to see which of my apps have new content, I get giddy in my pants when I see some of my favs on there.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You seriously get an erection from updates? You really should get a hobby or something...maybe ask the nice checkout girl at Wal-mart out?

Haha.

The new update on Tilt To Live had a notation of implemented 3D Feature so not realizing it was a joke, I tried my two of 3D glasses, one that's for anaglyph images and one that uses circular polarization. I even did magic-eye when I was playing the game.
I feel stupid. :lol:

Does this game usually contain jokes like this on update notes?

Boowie! Dropped to free!

The strong warrior is here!
A shoot'em up in 2D with deeply polished graphics where you fight dozens of simultaneous enemies.

Be the one!

In this adventure, the player controls Boowie, the warrior of Weezies people, the only one of its kind to be able to defeat hordes of Darkness enemies: The Boozas. Boowie has evolved and acquired his extraordinary strength after awkwardly swallowed a Booza, becoming the hero overpowered of his people.

http://appshopper.com/games/boowie-the-strong-warrior

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Haha.

The new update on Tilt To Live had a notation of implemented 3D Feature so not realizing it was a joke, I tried my two of 3D glasses, one that's for anaglyph images and one that uses circular polarization. I even did magic-eye when I was playing the game.
I feel stupid. :lol:

Does this game usually contain jokes like this on update notes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there were a lot of jokes in the updates and the developers obviously dont take themselves seriously. The 3D joke was to cross your eyes for the 3D effect which would be Stereoscopy and not require glasses. Also, did you assume they meant what they said to James Cameron!? ;)

Did you try to play the game on your toaster!?

The "odd" updates:

- You can now play tilt to live on your toaster. (finally!)
- You can cross your eyes and play tilt to live in 3D mode. (James Cameron eat your heart out)
- No longer spawns hell demons devouring your family and dog after dying in first 5 seconds of Code Red (sorry about that one!)

[quote name='seanr1221']I think I asked before but...

Where is a place to buy cheap accessories? I wouldn't mind a dock for my phone (and a case).[/QUOTE]

http://www.dealextreme.com/
http://www.meritline.com/
http://www.monoprice.com/

... to mention a few. Although I wouldn't go with something cheap to protect your iphone. My gf's iphone only has a silicone case and it's been dropped a couple times and a couple of the corners of the iphone are cracked now, the black plastic part. I got a deal on an Incipio SILICRYLIC, it's a 2 part case. It's a silicone core with a hard plastic over the back and the corners. Which would have kept the corners from cracking on her's. I'm sure there's cheaper ones like this but here's the link to give you an idea.

http://www.myincipio.com/product/IP...S---Black-Clear-with-Smoke-Acrylic-Shell.html

[quote name='seanr1221']I think I asked before but...

Where is a place to buy cheap accessories? I wouldn't mind a dock for my phone (and a case).[/QUOTE]

Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross are all unexpected places for iPhone accessories if you don't want to wait for shipping.

[quote name='Malik112099']Hector: Badge of Carnage Ep1 is pretty much awesome. Am loving it thus far and highly recommend everyone give it a try.

http://appshopper.com/games/hector-badge-of-carnage-ep1
[/QUOTE]

As a big Sam & Max and Monkey Island fan, I'd like to thank you for letting me know about this game.

In case anyone's curious, it's $3.99...but it looks like a stellar game. Definitely gonna have to get off my "99-cents only" horse and buy it.

Be wary of offbrand accessories though. Most recently a monoprice charger for my iPhone sometimes causes my iPhone's touchscreen to go insane and it thinks I'm tapping somewhere I'm not and I can't tap at all in some places. Disconnect the charger and all is well. Other times it doesn't have this effect, but I've had it long enough now to know that it is because of this specific, offbrand charger.

I downloaded Lilracerz before lunch and have played it a bit now. In the third series. It's 99 cents and so far is definitely worth it. Good, classic top-down racing. Good graphics too. Perhaps a bit easy in the early going, but it's getting more difficult. It also has Crystal integration for achievements and leaderboards. Speaking of which, I'm "crunc" on Crystal.

http://appshopper.com/games/lilracerz

The developer apparently is promising updates including multiplayer, but right now it's purely single player. I wouldn't bank on a multiplayer update, though. Promises are promises. Hopefully they come through, but don't buy it because of a promised feature.

PAC-Sam is FREE! :) Not really able to add links since I'm on my phone, so if anyone would like to, please feel free.

Looks like it would be fun if you enjoy galaga/PAC-man.

(and, since this is my first time posting here, but a long time lurker of this thread, thanks for all the great deals on the phone games!)

Babo Crash HD
Universal

348182.png

* In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Babo Crash is Free for TODAY (June 3, '10) only. *

"Bejeweled on Steroids!" - AppModo
"Absolute must download" - 94% - Gamers' Temple
"Visual ballet of gem destruction" - 4/5 - Touch Gen
"Fun, addictive...should not be looked over" - 4/5 - Apple.ism
"Editors Choice Award" - 9/10 - BuyMeAnIPhone.com
"If you like Bejeweled...you'll probably ditch it for this one... it's that good." - 8/10 - Destructoid
"Great twist on the Match-3 gameplay" - 3/4 - Slide to Play
"Surprising and addictive...hard to put down" - Beatweek
"Handily the best [match-3 game] native to iPad" - The APPera
"Adds excitement back into the genre" - Touch Arcade
"Kick a*s" "Bejeweled on acid" - iGameRadio
"Loads of fun" - AppShouter
"Not your Grandma's Match 3 Game!" - Crazy Mike's Apps
"Graphics are awesome...great departure from the ordinary" - 148apps.com
"Grab it" - TouchMyApps.com
"A very refreshing match three experience...a bargain for only $1" - Appolicious
"The gameplay is the hammer! Absolutely perfect!" - Apfelbiss

http://appshopper.com/games/babo-crash

Shark Tale dropped to FREE!!
681398.png

Did you always want to feel like a superhero and save the world?

The game “Shark Tale” affords you such opportunity – save rare fishes of the aquatic fauna from extinction.

In order to do this you need gather fish eggs into the chains alike in colour, not less than two at length, to make them burst and thereby free the juvenile fishes.

The longer the line of eggs is, the more points you get and the more fishes you free.

Game features:

- Captivating gameplay requiring logics and attentiveness;

- Two different game modes: Logic and Arcade;

- Nice graphics and effects;

- Good background music;

- Score table.

http://appshopper.com/games/shark-tale

Is Demon Hunter: Lonely Journey the free version of Demon Hunter: Fight or Die, also currently free, or is it a separate game? I can't tell from the description.

Anyone with a 3G try "The Package"? TA said that it's a great physics puzzler for the 3GS as well as the App Store info. Wondering how it runs on a 3G before purchasing.

I HIGHLY recommend the hector game. I have already spend about 2 hours playing and it feels I have already gotten my $$'s worth. In my opinion it kinda has the art style of the Penny Arcade episodes :D

[quote name='Malik112099']For people that have Mega Jump:

Tilt the device completely sideways while playing and watch what happens[/QUOTE]

Dude... O_O

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Perfect Dark XBLA features “Spartan” and “Duty Calls,” control scheme. Considering the 360’s fanbase, it shouldn’t be difficult to decipher what each control scheme references.[/QUOTE]

What does "Spartan" reference?

[quote name='crunchewy']Be wary of offbrand accessories though. Most recently a monoprice charger for my iPhone sometimes causes my iPhone's touchscreen to go insane and it thinks I'm tapping somewhere I'm not and I can't tap at all in some places. Disconnect the charger and all is well. Other times it doesn't have this effect, but I've had it long enough now to know that it is because of this specific, offbrand charger.[/QUOTE]

not trying to go more off topic but i agree. i have the same charger from monoprice and the same problem with the screen while charging. i've had it for about six months now and there doesn't seem to be any long term consequences, i just try to not use my iphone while its charging - good thing is that it only cost around $3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back