Is anyone else having problems logging into PSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabamus

Banned
I get error 80710A06 and of course sony is VERY fucking helpful with their error page for it. (Read: not helpful at all)

Anyone else having issues logging in?

yeah, seriously, what the fuck?
I thought I had just installed a game wrong like the error page said, but this is widespread?
fuck ING HELL!

same here what is going on here? looks like I will need to contact Van Dam and Dennis Rodman again to handle this!

You're not alone: http://kotaku.com/#!5794265/is-the-entire-playstation-network-down

You also get this image on the PSN website when logging in:
tPgUN.png

I wasn't having any trouble logging on (about an hour before the first post in this thread) but when I went to the PSN Store it just said "the operation to automatically add funds to your wallet failed" (or something like that) and then went back to the XMB. WTF!?

I'll just assume that was all part of the same issue...

Maybe Sony is combating the 'hackers' again? You go, Sony
yeah, you go and join Sega in the realm of dead hardware manufacturers you price gouging copy cat pieces of crap
!

I have a question, was anybody else playing The Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 when the got disconnected or had the Adding Funds error? I picked up BTMF from PSN today because it said it was free. maybe this was and/or caused some sort of glitch?

Here's something that I find really odd. Even though I can't connect to PSN, I can still download title updates for games.

[quote name='KingBroly']Here's something that I find really odd. Even though I can't connect to PSN, I can still download title updates for games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went to download the photo gallery app and found it weird that it still downloaded even though I couldn't login to PSN.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe Sony is combating the 'hackers' again? You go, Sony
yeah, you go and join Sega in the realm of dead hardware manufacturers you price gouging copy cat pieces of crap
![/QUOTE]

Seriously dude, price-gouging? Because selling a console for a $200+ LOSS is gouging.
Moron

EDIT: PSN is still down. So long as it's back up sometime today, no worries.

If I had to guess what's wrong, it's probably got something to do with Portal 2. I'm not blaming anyone, but it just seems a bit coincidental.

I've come to the conclusion that I need 2 consoles now. Preferably an Xbox360. I just need a backup for these 24 hour maintenance sessions Sony has been doing lately. Or when I can't connect at all due to shit P2P hosted gaming sessions.

It seems like Sony has been needing these maintenance days more and more lately. I wonder what the issue is.

I've been having an issue where it won't automatically log me in, which has been going on for the past week or so now. Even then, it's hit or miss when I manually do it. Updates and everything else still work, so I can't complain too much, but still.

[quote name='007']I've been having an issue where it won't automatically log me in, which has been going on for the past week or so now. Even then, it's hit or miss when I manually do it. Updates and everything else still work, so I can't complain too much, but still.[/QUOTE]

Mine won't log me in automatically either. But when I do it manually, it's works fine.

Either Anon is still hacking Sony's servers or they're doing some major upgrade (or downgrade... who knows?).

Got DC last night right before joining my friends for AC:B session. I just wish that you didnt have to log in to PSN to stream Netflix (or do you?).

[quote name='nakanenui']Got DC last night right before joining my friends for AC:B session. I just wish that you didnt have to log in to PSN to stream Netflix (or do you?).[/QUOTE]

It says you need to, but if you try logging in when prompted and then press O when if fails, it should still boot up. I'm watching Netflix as we speak (on my PS3).

[quote name='Vinny']Mine won't log me in automatically either. But when I do it manually, it's works fine.

Either Anon is still hacking Sony's servers or they're doing some major upgrade (or downgrade... who knows?).[/QUOTE]

Same here! Irritating as all hell!

I had no problem 'till around 1 am when the mic sound from my friend in Portal 2 cut out. Couldn't hear a damn thing from him and we were on a pretty...puzzling...puzzle.

Also, the PSN store funds issue when I tried to see what was new in the store.

[quote name='jaydepps']The maintenance should be till 10 PM EST tonight according to G4.[/QUOTE]
That's good if it's true.
Though right now, I'm seriously considering getting a 360 because of all the downtime PSN has lately. I'd rather not pay for multiplayer, but hey, what can ya do?

What a terrible week for that long of a maintenance. Once of the biggest release weeks around and they do this AFTER the games come out.

[quote name='Oaxan']That's good if it's true.
Though right now, I'm seriously considering getting a 360 because of all the downtime PSN has lately. I'd rather not pay for multiplayer, but hey, what can ya do?[/QUOTE]

You could always ::gasp:: play single player until it comes back online. Getting a 360 solely on a few downtimes seems like a waste of money IMO. Out of the past 3+ years of using PSN, I have one experienced one period where I could not connect, which is incredible for a free service.

The recent PSN outages have been caused by Anon, and likely due to the recent switch to SNEA. I dobut we will see any more problems in the near future.

Though right now, I'm seriously considering getting a 360 because of all the downtime PSN has lately. I'd rather not pay for multiplayer, but hey, what can ya do?[/QUOTE]
But then there was a time xbox live was down for several days for a ton of people with no word from microsoft as to why

For those who care:
While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

For further information, please refer to updates on PlayStation.com our @PlayStationEU twitter feed.
If I had to guess, I'd say Steam isn't playing nice with PSN since the outage is worldwide. Completely rules out hardware failure or DDoS attacks at that magnitude. It could be sabotage from M$ given the free Live weekend, though. ;)

I was trying to buy MvC2 at around 10pm last night on PSN since it was on sale. When I tried to buy it, it kept saying that an error has occurred. My guess was because it was automatically adding funds to my wallet, which didn't have enough money to buy it. I tried a bunch of times, to no avail. So I tried to add funds manually from my credit card, but it still kept saying an error occurred adding funds to my wallet. I tried to exit the playstation store and sign back in, but I had the same problems. Tried exiting the store a second time, but this time an error message kept popping up saying that it failed to add funds to my wallet. I couldn't access Account Management either.

I never got booted off of PSN, so I just played Portal 2 singleplayer. Saw the articles about this on Kotaku at about 11pm, with some people having the same problems about the PS store saying there was an error adding funds. I can't help but think that my constant clicking and retrying to buy MvC2 helped break PSN lol :whistle2:#

[quote name='SynGamer']Seriously dude, price-gouging? Because selling a console for a $200+ LOSS is gouging.
Moron

EDIT: PSN is still down. So long as it's back up sometime today, no worries.[/QUOTE]
Take a look at where Sony is in regards to console sales. Albeit since the drop to $300 they have made up some ground, but they went from first last gen(although I still say a portion of those sales were rebuys of PS2's to replace DRE ones:booty:) to LAST this gen.

Why? Because no one except for the hardest of hardcore technophile geeks wanted to pay $500-600 for a fuckin' gaming console. There's a reason the Wii was #1 in sales for so long and it wasn't 'teh waggle'. It was because they actually took into account that people have limited money to spend on entertainment and they tried to give folks a better value that stretched their dollar further instead of some mega media box. In prior gens the hardware manufacturers took baby steps when going from the current gen to the next gen. But apparently Sony got cocky and figured everyone would buy into their system that was priced 100% higher than their last one because it was the shiny shiny and did 'omg HD'.

But hey, all of the people with money to burn(or maxed out credit cards) that have some huge HDtv's now had something they could play on their tv to impress the friends they don't have.;)
It's called SINGLE PLAYER and it's what many of us did a gen or two ago to entertain ourselves. Either that or we went over our real life friends' houses and played games in.....the same room.:shock:

But anymore many devs put in a meager 4-6 hour single player experience and then spend the next 2-5 years tweaking the multiplayer or adding reams of DLC to the store to nickel and dime their customers for a more in depth sp experience, since that's become accepted as the norm by many the devs keep getting away with it.

[quote name='Saint Noir']What a terrible week for that long of a maintenance. Once of the biggest release weeks around and they do this AFTER the games come out.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why they need the upgrade, for Portal 2? I mean, PSN now has to keep track of Steamworks too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

It's called SINGLE PLAYER and it's what many of us did a gen or two ago to entertain ourselves. Either that or we went over our real life friends' houses and played games in.....the same room.:shock:

But anymore many devs put in a meager 4-6 hour single player experience and then spend the next 2-5 years tweaking the multiplayer or adding reams of DLC to the store to nickel and dime their customers for a more in depth sp experience, since that's become accepted as the norm by many the devs keep getting away with it.[/QUOTE]

Basically hit the nail on the head. I hate the fact that 9/10 times you buy a game now and you have an update as you start it up. Its like they are saying Oh shit we wanted to get this out to you on time but you can spend an extra 10-20min downloading our update so it doesn't freeze. This gen has really been pissing me off with having to update everything. I liked when I could buy a cartridge and play it without loading shit or updating.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Take a look at where Sony is in regards to console sales. Albeit since the drop to $300 they have made up some ground, but they went from first last gen(although I still say a portion of those sales were rebuys of PS2's to replace DRE ones:booty:) to LAST this gen.

Why? Because no one except for the hardest of hardcore technophile geeks wanted to pay $500-600 for a fuckin' gaming console. There's a reason the Wii was #1 in sales for so long and it wasn't 'teh waggle'. It was because they actually took into account that people have limited money to spend on entertainment and they tried to give folks a better value that stretched their dollar further instead of some mega media box. In prior gens the hardware manufacturers took baby steps when going from the current gen to the next gen. But apparently Sony got cocky and figured everyone would buy into their system that was priced 100% higher than their last one because it was the shiny shiny and did 'omg HD'.

But hey, all of the people with money to burn(or maxed out credit cards) that have some huge HDtv's now had something they could play on their tv to impress the friends they don't have.;)[/QUOTE]

You do know the difference between price-gouging and cost of materials, right? Since we all know how much of a flake you are, I'll break down the truth for you;

The PS3, when it launched in 2006, was sold at a loss of roughly $300. So while Sony was charging us $499, they were losing $300. The Wii, which also launched in 2006, was sold at a profit of roughly $55. So Nintendo was actually overcharging gamer's 22%...

And for the record, here's the official definition of price-gouging:
Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair.

You may be too cheap to buy into HD, but try not to spew non-sense next time. It makes you look like an ass. ;)

Based on Twitter here are the latest tweets regarding Error 80710A06. This error code 80710A06 just appeared for about 45 minutes ago and still PSN is not accessible as of now. You can visit PS3′s official webpage for more information regarding the unannounced maintenance.
We will update you regarding PSN error code 80710A06 and what time PSN will get back to work again.
UPDATE: The Europe blog has this to report instead:
As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable. Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service.
Our engineers are continuing to work to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers’ continued support.
UPDATE 2:
While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

Was about to play some Black Ops but I guess I'll wait until the weekend. Makes me actually want to start playing Red Dead Redemption...

[quote name='bjstucker']Basically hit the nail on the head. I hate the fact that 9/10 times you buy a game now and you have an update as you start it up. Its like they are saying Oh shit we wanted to get this out to you on time but you can spend an extra 10-20min downloading our update so it doesn't freeze. This gen has really been pissing me off with having to update everything. I liked when I could buy a cartridge and play it without loading shit or updating.[/QUOTE]

You do realize you can play the game without updating right? It's really in your best interest to update. As far as the "not ready, but push it anyway" ordeal, its not the people that make the actual game's fault. It's the number crunchers that want to see some of their investment come back ASAP.

[quote name='SynGamer']You do know the difference between price-gouging and cost of materials, right? Since we all know how much of a flake you are, I'll break down the truth for you;

The PS3, when it launched in 2006, was sold at a loss of roughly $300. So while Sony was charging us $499, they were losing $300. The Wii, which also launched in 2006, was sold at a profit of roughly $55. So Nintendo was actually overcharging gamer's 22%...[/quote]
And who exactly told Sony to put in so much junk that they were losing such an amount? Was the gaming community as a whole screaming for some super machine? You know, they do exist, they're called PC's. Load up one with the top of the line specs you want for your gaming experience and just give me an affordable gaming console that plays games. PERIOD. I don't use the web browser, don't care to load up pics(or music or movies) and don't want to use it to play any movies of any kind. So get rid of all that shit and give me the Sony equivalent of the 360 Core system where I can bring my own HDD and whatever else I want my system to have and do so for a reasonable price.
You may be too cheap to buy into HD, but try not to spew non-sense next time. It makes you look like an ass. ;)
I did buy into HD or did you miss the "omg I got into HD now with a 21" monitor" thread I made?:D As for being an ass, I've been told I'm a douchebag by numerous people on here. Do I care what other people on the internet(cuz this is serious biz you know) think of me? Not really. People will think what they want to think, as you have proven yourself by responding to my opinion(definition of opinion ) as if it were a personal affront to you.

Don't take shit so seriously, life is too short to die of a coronary from being mad that someone's opinion of (insert company/person/etc/ name here) differs from your own.

tl;dr version: I think Sony fucked themselves this gen and gamers spoke with their wallets. Hopefully they'll have learned a lesson and will not make the same mistake next gen. My opinion(s) are my opinions. If they're 'wrong' to you, then let's just agree to disagree and ignore each other from here on out because no matter what either of us say we're NOT going to sway the other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back