It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll check back into this thread after a year and say what's up! Hopefully I'll stick around this time, I bookmarked the page. Go Bulls, Hawks, Sox, Bears and CM Punk.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Guess I'll check back into this thread after a year and say what's up! Hopefully I'll stick around this time, I bookmarked the page. Go Bulls, Hawks, Sox, Bears and CM Punk.[/QUOTE]

Wassup stranger!!

Go Chicago teams!!!

Looking to sell off my game collection, I'll be posting details shortly. I just have too much stuff, and looking to pick up a little money. I'll be selling things very cheap. Looking for local pick up before I go to other venues.

Everything is in near mint condition or better, with booklet, case, etc unless otherwise stated:

PS3 (If you want a lot of games I'll give a small discount, but honestly I feel like these are priced to sell)
Killzone 2 (Greatest Hits) (sealed) $4
3d Dot Game Hero (sealed) $8 interest by ryosnk
Yakuza 3 (sealed) $10 Held for Blackout
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction (Greatest Hits) $5
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time (Greatest Hits) $5
Heavy Rain (Sealed) (Greatest Hits) $12
God of War III $8
Final Fantasy XIII (sealed) $10
Katamari Forever $10
The Eye of Judgement (sealed) $2 interest by ryosnk
Eternal Sonata (sealed) $10
Burnout Paradise $5
MLB The Show 08 $2
Street Fighter IV $5
Metal Gear 4 $6
Fight Night Round 4 $5
Gran Turismo Prologue $4
All Pro Footbal 2k8 $2
Virtual Tennis $3
Little Big Planet $4
Soul Calibur IV (sealed) $5
LAIR (sealed) (Canadian version) (Case damaged slightly) $4
Valkyria Chronicles $7

Xbox 360
Halo 3 $6
Battlefield Bad Company (sealed) $2
Brutal Legend $3
Enslaved $4 Held for ZerotypeX
The Club (sealed) $4
Castlevania Lords of Shadow $8
Child of Eden $5
Forza 4 $6 Held for ZerotypeX
Rayman Origins $8
Bionic Commando (sealed) $4
Crackdown $4
Forza 3 $4
Disneyland Adventures (Kinect game) $10
Madden 2006 $1
Tony Hawk's Project 8 $1 Held for Blackout

Wii
Mushroom Men $5
Resident Evil 4 $6
No More Heroes $7
Boom Blox $8
Mad World $6
deBlob $5
Geometry Wars Galxies $4
The House of the Dead Overkill $8
The House of the Dead 2&3 $8
BlastWorks $4

PS2
Yakuza $8
Yakuza 2 (sealed) $15 Held for Blackout
Shadow of the Colossus (Greatest Hits) (I would call this one good condition, the manual has a little wear and the disc has a little scuff) $8
God of War (Greatest Hits) $3
God of War II (Greatest Hits) $4 (two disc set)
Final Fantasy x-2 (sealed) $7

Xbox
ESPN NFL 2k5 $1
Madden 2004 $1
NHL 2k3 $1
ESPN NBA 2k4 $1
NHL 2k6 $1
ESPN NBA 2k5 $1
ESPN NHL 2k5 $1
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions (Platinum Hits) $2
Metal Gear Solid 2 $4
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 $2 Held for Blackout
Project Gatam Racing (Platinum Hits) $2
Blinx The Time Sweeper $3
Mech Assault $3 Held for Blackout
Mech Assault 2 $3 Held for Blackout
Midtown Madness 3 $4
Project Gatham Racing 2 $4
Gunvalkyrie $5

[quote name='52club']Looking to sell off my game collection, I'll be posting details shortly. I just have too much stuff, and looking to pick up a little money. I'll be selling things very cheap. Looking for local pick up before I go to other venues.

Everything is in near mint condition or better, with booklet, case, etc unless otherwise stated:

PS3 ($125 takes all 25 games)
3d Dot Game Hero (sealed) $8
God of War Collection (Greatest Hits) (sealed) (Includes GOW and GOW II) $5
Yakuza 3 (sealed) $10
God of War III $8
Katamari Forever $10
The Eye of Judgement (sealed) $2
Burnout Paradise $5
MLB The Show 08 $2
Street Fighter IV $5
Metal Gear 4 $6
Fight Night Round 4 $5
Gran Turismo Prologue $4
All Pro Footbal 2k8 $2
Virtual Tennis $3
Little Big Planet $4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (sealed) (greatest hits) $6
Valkyria Chronicles $7

Coming Soon Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS2 titles
A little later will be my systems.[/QUOTE]

By where are you located by? I'm interested in 3d dot hero and eye of judgment (is it a complete set?)

Hey guys, long time no see.

This year my wife wants a Gamecube for christmas and she wants me to get her Warioware Microgame Party, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Melee. (These were games that we used to play together on the cube back in the day)

Anyone have any of these for sale? I would hate to have to resort to Ebay.

[quote name='52club']Looking to sell off my game collection, I'll be posting details shortly. I just have too much stuff, and looking to pick up a little money. I'll be selling things very cheap. Looking for local pick up before I go to other venues.

PS3 ($125 takes all 25 games)
3d Dot Game Hero (sealed) $8
God of War Collection (Greatest Hits) (sealed) (Includes GOW and GOW II) $5
Yakuza 3 (sealed) $10
God of War III $8
Katamari Forever $10
The Eye of Judgement (sealed) $2
Burnout Paradise $5
MLB The Show 08 $2
Street Fighter IV $5
Metal Gear 4 $6
Fight Night Round 4 $5
Gran Turismo Prologue $4
All Pro Footbal 2k8 $2
Virtual Tennis $3
Little Big Planet $4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (sealed) (greatest hits) $6
Valkyria Chronicles $7

Coming Soon Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS2 titles
A little later will be my systems.[/QUOTE]

I'm very interested in God of War Collection (Greatest Hits) (sealed) (Includes GOW and GOW II) $5 and in Ninja Gaiden Sigma (sealed) (greatest hits) $6.

[quote name='CAG 79']Hey guys, long time no see.

This year my wife wants a Gamecube for christmas and she wants me to get her Warioware Microgame Party, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Melee. (These were games that we used to play together on the cube back in the day)

Anyone have any of these for sale? I would hate to have to resort to Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I can help with the GC, I have a black one. I have a copy of Mario Kart DD, but it's disc only.

Responded via PM to those posting concerning the games for sale. Also updated post with xbox 360 and Wii titles.

Original xbox titles coming shortly.

Anybody here going to the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary (Distant Worlds) concert this coming Friday? I'm actually selling some spare, entry-level tickets :) Price is $40. That's almost $20 cheaper than the Ticketmaster prices. PM if interested :D

Blackout the last PM I got from you was on Sunday. I checked my inbox, and it isn't full. So I'm not sure if you were talking about the one from yesterday or if you sent another.

Listing is up to date with any holds/interest.

[quote name='52club']Blackout the last PM I got from you was on Sunday. I checked my inbox, and it isn't full. So I'm not sure if you were talking about the one from yesterday or if you sent another.

Listing is up to date with any holds/interest.[/QUOTE]

No that's the one. Saw you updated the list with the other games I was interested in. Thanks!

[quote name='newtype06']Anybody here going to the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary (Distant Worlds) concert this coming Friday? I'm actually selling some spare, entry-level tickets :) Price is $40. That's almost $20 cheaper than the Ticketmaster prices. PM if interested :D[/QUOTE]

Bumping this... and I'm now selling it for $35. That's almost 50% off from the Ticketmaster price :)

I have a PS3 download code for God of War Origins and Ghost of Sparta. Looking to sell it for $10.

[quote name='newtype06']Bumping this... and I'm now selling it for $35. That's almost 50% off from the Ticketmaster price :)[/QUOTE]

I would be interested but already have tickets.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Did anyone with u-verse get knocked off for a couple hours?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, happened yesterday afternoon to me, too. Apparently they had a network outage in Illinois, which is what I was told after finally connecting with a customer-service rep.

A day without Internet... now that'd be scary!

Merry Christmas Fellow CHI-CAGS - First time posting here. I bought 2 THQ Humble Bundles for Steam. So these don't get lurked PM me if you want a code.

>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 x Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

2 x Saints Row: The Third

2 x Titan Quest

2 x Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC

[quote name='bigsick']I would be interested but already have tickets.[/QUOTE]

I see. Would you possibly know anyone who's interested tho? Just wondering ^_^;

[quote name='dpac']Yeah, happened yesterday afternoon to me, too. Apparently they had a network outage in Illinois, which is what I was told after finally connecting with a customer-service rep.

A day without Internet... now that'd be scary![/QUOTE]

I don't have Internet at my new place yet. I've been holding out waiting for comcast to send me a 19.99/month deal or something. So far they sent several deals including $10 cable, but I only want Internet.

In the meantime, I go to the library for a hour and then to my parents house to use their connection. :lol:

I bought a HTC one V for $50 over BF and was hoping I could pick up free wifi, but no luck.

AT&T only sent me one mailer (in Spanish), but I could tell it was 14.99/month with existing landline phone service (which, I don't have).

^ And from Comcast, at most you're gonna get a price that's good for 6 months. America lags far behind the rest of the industrialized world in both healthcare affordability and ISP price

[quote name='dfg']^ And from Comcast, at most you're gonna get a price that's good for 6 months. America lags far behind the rest of the industrialized world in both healthcare affordability and ISP price[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think 19.99 for 6 months will be the best 'deal' I can get. bummer

Was hoping to lose my AT&T land line, especially if I can keep just the U-Verse Internet I've already got for a great price. A little scared of losing my connection due to any bureaucratic snafu when decoupling voice from data (to transfer the old landline number to a cell phone), but it's something I should probably take care of.

Any related experiences or advice would of course be appreciated. :whistle2:D

Ditch U-Verse, go to Comcast and don't look back. You won't regret it. It's so worth the extra money.

I've been with Comcast for a promotional period in the past, but if I can get low enough rates from U-Verse, I wouldn't mind sticking with them. Comcast isn't the worst alternative, however. (Would that be RCN?)

We ditched our home phone w/ AT&T years ago, and kept just the DSL. Price was okay, and I couldn't complain about speeds. In 2009 moved out here to Mt. Prospect and no high speed DSL available in our area, so we went with Comcast internet only. Almost twice as expensive and I know the speed is a lot better but I never really noticed a huge difference. Good thing in the last few years is no usage caps per month right now.

Man the Final Fantasy concert last night was a blast. It is quite moving to got to listen to Susan singing Answer and Eye on me in person, specially I am a player of FFXIV. God the merchandise line was hell long and most of the good stuff like the anniversary chocobo plush and mug are long gone half way. Thanks the god that they sell the same chocobo on amazon for a bit cheaper lol. No news of the mugs yet.

PS3 (If you want a lot of games I'll give a small discount, but honestly I feel like these are priced to sell)
3d Dot Game Hero (sealed) $8 interest by ryosnk
Yakuza 3 (sealed) $10
God of War III $8
Katamari Forever $10
The Eye of Judgement (sealed) $2 interest by ryosnk
Burnout Paradise $5
MLB The Show 08 $2
Street Fighter IV $5
Metal Gear 4 $6
Fight Night Round 4 $5
Gran Turismo Prologue $4
All Pro Footbal 2k8 $2
Virtual Tennis $3
Little Big Planet $4
Valkyria Chronicles $7

Xbox 360
Halo 3 $6
Battlefield Bad Company (sealed) $2
Brutal Legend $3
Enslaved $4 Held for ZerotypeX
The Club (sealed) $4
Castlevania Lords of Shadow $8
Child of Eden $5
Forza 4 $6 Held for ZerotypeX
Rayman Origins $8
Bionic Commando (sealed) $4
Crackdown $4
Forza 3 $4
Disneyland Adventures (Kinect game) $10
Madden 2006 $1
Tony Hawk's Project 8 $1

Wii
Mushroom Men $5
Resident Evil 4 $6
No More Heroes $7
Boom Blox $8
Mad World $6
deBlob $5
Geometry Wars Galxies $4
The House of the Dead Overkill $8
The House of the Dead 2&3 $8
BlastWorks $4

PS2
Yakuza $8
Yakuza 2 (sealed) $15
Shadow of the Colossus (Greatest Hits) (I would call this one good condition, the manual has a little wear and the disc has a little scuff) $8
God of War (Greatest Hits) $3
God of War II (Greatest Hits) $4 (two disc set)
Final Fantasy x-2 (sealed) $7

Xbox
ESPN NFL 2k5 $1
Madden 2004 $1
NHL 2k3 $1
ESPN NBA 2k4 $1
NHL 2k6 $1
ESPN NBA 2k5 $1
ESPN NHL 2k5 $1
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions (Platinum Hits) $2
Metal Gear Solid 2 $4
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 $2
Project Gatam Racing (Platinum Hits) $2
Blinx The Time Sweeper $3
Mech Assault $3
Mech Assault 2 $3
Midtown Madness 3 $4
Project Gatham Racing 2 $4
Gunvalkyrie $5[/QUOTE]

Going to take these to other forums on Friday, speak now or they might be gone soon.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Man the Final Fantasy concert last night was a blast. It is quite moving to got to listen to Susan singing Answer and Eye on me in person, specially I am a player of FFXIV. God the merchandise line was hell long and most of the good stuff like the anniversary chocobo plush and mug are long gone half way. Thanks the god that they sell the same chocobo on amazon for a bit cheaper lol. No news of the mugs yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got to meet nobuo afterwards too. Checked that one off my bucket list.

[quote name='Blackout']I have a PS3 download code for God of War Origins and Ghost of Sparta. Looking to sell it for $10.[/QUOTE]

Still have this for sale.

bread's done
Back