It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry belated Xmas everyone! Hope you all got plenty of gaming gifts!

[quote name='Josh5890']Merry Christmas Chicago CAGs! Too bad it wasn't a white Christmas.[/QUOTE]
It was here in Wrigleyville! :)

Happy Holidays!

Slightly late notice but if anyone is in the market for a CRT/older TV Goodwill is having a crazy sale:

All TVs, any size = 99¢ 12/26-1/2!

I picked up a nice CRT for my bedroom and a 60 inch DLP at Goodwill not too long ago so you might be able to find something good!

[quote name='Gameboy415']Happy Holidays!

Slightly late notice but if anyone is in the market for a CRT/older TV Goodwill is having a crazy sale:

All TVs, any size = 99¢ 12/26-1/2!

I picked up a nice CRT for my bedroom and a 60 inch DLP at Goodwill not too long ago so you might be able to find something good![/QUOTE]

Might have to look into that. Moving into a new place in a few weeks, and could use a new TV for my older systems.

I'd just be happy you made a couple hundred off the thing, considering hardware prices usually plunge, especially those without any special paint jobs. I can't believe they're marked up that high, that's insane. Is it cause everyone hates the new diet slim, or what? I can see the backwards compatible fats selling at a premium, even with the death rate, but not these things. What gives?

Best Western hotels even have their own reward program for those who plan to stay there consistently. Besides, it is water-proof too. This stunning island really packs a punch when it comes to finding a holiday destination that offers everything you could ever want, all in superb quality and class.The beaches of Jamaica are clean and vast, so you wont feel crowded or pushed for space. Melbourne street tram ran three generations, from the most classic of classic cars to the most advanced "bullet" space vehicle, the tinkle of music constitutes a unique urban music all over the world. Travelers can book an entire bus to have their group accommodated in their Key West tours for a discount. in case you overestimate the space you need, you'll not receive a refund, and find that space is wasted in case you book a bigger van than you need. For instance, if you are traveling to Bali to golf, then focus more your golf plans. The southern part of Lanzarote is dominated with magnificent volcanoes, formed by 18th century old eruptions. There are auctions in your area regularly. Nude recreation is one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry.However, if you prefer heading over to a place where numerous British bars are to be found, 'The Square' is the place to be and is found at the junction of Avda Mallorca and c/Gerona. Information on this helpful program can be found by visiting the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)'s online website. The top 7 the explanation why you should buy travel insurance coverage are listed below:1. For enjoying the various attractive places o

Anyone know a spot in the city that still has copies of the Amazing Spiderman #700 in stock?

[quote name='Blackout']Anyone know a spot in the city that still has copies of the Amazing Spiderman #700 in stock?[/QUOTE]

Dunno about physical print, but the HD version on Comixology ain't bad. $7.99 plus tax is a bit steep, though.

I check this thread every once in a while. Just wondering if anyone is in the North Shore Area of Chicagoland, maybe we can play some games or something. I stay in Glenview but work downtown pretty close to the Chicago theater. Kind of bummed I didnt get to see the Zelda Orchestra thing.

[quote name='dpac']Dunno about physical print, but the HD version on Comixology ain't bad. $7.99 plus tax is a bit steep, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for the print version. I haven't gotten into the digital comics yet. Thanks for the tip though. Might end up downloading it if I can't find a copy.

Sorry for no link, but I got an email from groupon for an all day pass to Gameworks for $20(from $45). Says its available for 3 days, if anyone is interested.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Sorry for no link, but I got an email from groupon for an all day pass to Gameworks for $20(from $45). Says its available for 3 days, if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to go for a while, its been years since I've gone. Way back when we used to skip class and go play... fond memories of my youth.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Sorry for no link, but I got an email from groupon for an all day pass to Gameworks for $20(from $45). Says its available for 3 days, if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Saw an e-mail for it, so here's an affiliate-less link:

www.groupon.com/deals/game-works-chicago-1

Looks like you've got until the end of Wednesday night (or while "limited" supplies last) to get in on this. I'll probably pass myself.

[quote name='Blackout']Anyone know a spot in the city that still has copies of the Amazing Spiderman #700 in stock?[/QUOTE]

I called Aw Yeah Comics in Skokie and he said they ran out but there's a second print coming in a week or two. I asked him what's the difference, and said it's a different character.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I called Aw Yeah Comics in Skokie and he said they ran out but there's a second print coming in a week or two. I asked him what's the difference, and said it's a different character.[/QUOTE]

Most people only want the 1st print.

I still have a download code for the God of War games on PS3. I also have a sealed copy of Armored Core 5 and Ninja Gaiden 3 for the 360. Make a cash offer on these. I need some extra money and I'm open to decent offers.

Blockbuster at Irving Park and Kilpatrick is closing. Wondered how it has taken this long, but it is still sad.

I love how the sign out front says "Store closing. This location only!". Uh, this is the last location left in the city!

PS- the games are at 20% off.

[quote name='shieryda']Blockbuster at Irving Park and Kilpatrick is closing. Wondered how it has taken this long, but it is still sad.

I love how the sign out front says "Store closing. This location only!". Uh, this is the last location left in the city!

PS- the games are at 20% off.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I had no idea there were any left. I just noticed the one at Village Crossing in Niles (Wal*Mart) was replaced.

So that dude who got poisoned after winning the lottery and claiming his prize? Dude bought his ticket at my old neighborhood 7-11 gas station on Western and Pratt. Did a double-take when I saw a news story about it on a British web site.

[quote name='dfg']Damn, I had no idea there were any left. I just noticed the one at Village Crossing in Niles (Wal*Mart) was replaced.

So that dude who got poisoned after winning the lottery and claiming his prize? Dude bought his ticket at my old neighborhood 7-11 gas station on Western and Pratt. Did a double-take when I saw a news story about it on a British web site.[/QUOTE]

And they just figured it out how he really died now. It is a messed up story. Mid 40's with no health problems and he dies right after picking up the check? Someone hasn't been doing their homework.

Galloping Ghost is holding a video game swap meet on feb 2. Regular arcade admission lets you scope out the merch, held in their private gaming rooms, and bring your own stuff to sell/trade. Plus you get to stay and game all day on the floor. 3 different time frames throughout the day in case you can only show during a certain time. I'd like to think we originated this at their place. ;)

[quote name='mrosnwo']Galloping Ghost is holding a video game swap meet on feb 2. Regular arcade admission lets you scope out the merch, held in their private gaming rooms, and bring your own stuff to sell/trade. Plus you get to stay and game all day on the floor. 3 different time frames throughout the day in case you can only show during a certain time. I'd like to think we originated this at their place. ;)[/QUOTE]

That sounds interesting. You are right we probably gave them the idea. :)

[quote name='mrosnwo']Galloping Ghost is holding a video game swap meet on feb 2. Regular arcade admission lets you scope out the merch, held in their private gaming rooms, and bring your own stuff to sell/trade. Plus you get to stay and game all day on the floor. 3 different time frames throughout the day in case you can only show during a certain time. I'd like to think we originated this at their place. ;)[/QUOTE]

Verrrry interesting...I'd be down for a CAGdown again.

This sounds pretty cool. I bet us CAGs have a lot of crap we could sell there. Any of you guys going to go?

The timing's actually pretty perfect. My wife and I just moved to an apartment and I don't have room for all my games. I can just bring them to the Ghost.

I am going to try to make it out...I'll probably be buying for the most part.

If anyone (weaponx2099) has any HC guides, I am normally interested if they are cheap.

I do have some PSN $10 codes and PS+ 1yr membership cards if anyone is interested in buying (or possibly trading for) them. I would like close to their retail value.

Should we call it a meetup? It hasn't been 2 years yet. :lol:

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I'm looking to trade Modern Warfare 3 for Street Fighter IV, if anyone has it. Damn platinums![/QUOTE]

Are you looking for Super Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter IV?

Also what system?

[quote name='slowdive21']I am going to try to make it out...I'll probably be buying for the most part.

If anyone (weaponx2099) has any HC guides, I am normally interested if they are cheap.

I do have some PSN $10 codes and PS+ 1yr membership cards if anyone is interested in buying (or possibly trading for) them. I would like close to their retail value.

Should we call it a meetup? It hasn't been 2 years yet. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah we should. It would be perfect for us since they probably did rip the idea from us CAGs. :lol:

Hey all, looking to trade some of my blu-rays for any current-gen games I might be interested in. Anyone want to trade? Send me your lists. I live in Lake Zurich, happy to drive to meet up or whatever.

For further reference, I trade as OhDamaso on bluray.com, Jaylisjayp on highdefdigest.com and my ebay username is greenriver.

Thanks for looking.

All blu-rays are open in great condition with original case and artwork unless otherwise noted. Sorry, no slipcovers.

Kiss of the Dragon
28 Days Later
Withnail and I (UK Region free version)
The Departed
3:10 to Yuma
The Forbidden Kingdom
Planet Earth (4-disc set, no outer box)
Pearl Harbor
Independence Day
Cop Land (Canadian release)
Triangle
Under Siege
Doomsday
Remember the Titans
The Best of Soundstage
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Good Will Hunting (Canadian release)
The New World
Death Race 2
Armageddon (sealed)
Tommy Boy
Shoot 'Em Up
Waterworld
The Terminator
Terminator 3
Dumb And Dumber
Way of the Gun
Major League
Friday
Office Space
King of New York
Freddy vs. Jason
Donnie Brasco
Purple Rain
Groundhog Day
Cloverfield
Dawn of the Dead Remake (sealed)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete
Crimson Tide
Wanted
The Universe Season 1
The Universe Season 2
The Universe Season 4 (sealed)

Yeah, I got an e-mail yesterday, saying that the Old Orchard Best Buy will be closing by February 3. The e-mail also said select merchandise is already 30% off. I'm waiting for 20% to 30% off video games, before I go up to Old Orchard...

That's one of the newer ones too... I can't think of any retailer that carries video games now in that area, what with the GameStop closing a few years back. Digital ho!

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah we should. It would be perfect for us since they probably did rip the idea from us CAGs. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I should be off from work that weekend, I might could make it again.

Any Chicago CAGs up for hooking another CAG up?

I'm looking for an extra preorder for the Post-Pandemic edition of the Last of Us for PS3? I was going to go to my local Gamestop today but it looks like they've sold out. I've got an extra copy of the Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite which is also sold out available for barter or I can provide straight up cash money.

I am actually excited for the game and statue and have no desire to flip, life just got in the way this week.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Why is the Best Buy in Old Orchard closing but not the ones on Touhy and Howard? Those stores were worst[/QUOTE]

Maybe all that construction around Golf & Skokie Blvd. killed it, but I find myself going to the Howard & Touhy locations a lot more, mostly dictated purely by distance. Considering Best Buy's need to cut costs, I wouldn't be surprised that the store more desperate to please (managers are under a lot of pressure to reach their goals) also couldn't meet its numbers from corporate. More will likely close in the coming years, though I wonder if the bloodletting will stem somewhat if e-tailers are forced to charge tax in IL.

Update: On a related note, I noticed this used sale on Sleeping Dogs for the PS3 with @Gamer coupon...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337103

Anyone have an extra $10-off-preowned-$29.99+ coupon from @Gamer he can spare this week? I'd like to get this game for a friend (immediately after buying it for myself, following a PS3 play-through, with the $10 PC deal going on now)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the thing at the Ghost this weekend still happening? I can still make it out this weekend, with some games I need to part with. Plus an improvised meet-up would be fun.

bread's done
Back