It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am calling some Targets and they are giving out general numbers. The one by me is 8+ and tickets handed out at 7:15. They said strong police prescense and lights everywhere. :twoguns:I am going to call before they close tomorrow to see if anyone is there and if not, I will get their early Friday morning before school.

BTW I talked to the manager.

If you guys could help out with the list of CCs, that would be great for everyone.

I'm out from the Schaumberg list. It's gonna be hell trying to get one there. EVERYONE and there brother is gonna be there, and I have an exam tomorrow I can't miss. Also, scoped out the downtown Target....already 5 people in line as of 3:00 PM today.

I just got back from the two Schaumburg Targets - Woodfield and West Schaumburg. It looked like over 10 campers at each. Inside the Woodfield Target I heard the employees say there was already 6 PS3s in the back, with possibly a few more arriving tomorrow. So if anyone was trying for a Schaumburg Target wait - looks like all the PS3s are already gone. I will probably check out how Circuit City and Best Buy look when I go out later tonight.

I stopped by the CC in Downers Grove tonight. There were already 4 guys camping there. I didn't bother asking how many units they're expecting in.

Well, Ive been calling a lot of local Walmarts. Each are getting 6! Thats it. everyone that is picking up the phone is stating, sorry, too late.

Yup, ditto on the 6 per Wal-Mart news. Just checked with the one in Northlake, IL. They have six guaranteed, but will give out vouchers to the next four people in line. There's already 15 people waiting at the Northlake location. My guess is if you don't have a pre-order and don't have time to camp then you're SOL.

Sony is going to lose the console war this generation and lose it HARD if they can't supply enough units into the next year. Combine their crazy ass price with the quality of games being released on the 360 and I'll be switching allegiance very shortly. I don't expect to see a PS3 sitting in my media cabinet for at least two years. Bad Sony, no cookie!

I gave up on the PS3, didn't have much interest in it at all (except for eBay profits)

What I'm worried about is the Wii... due to work and other circumstances I am not camping out, so earliest I can get to a store is 8am Sunday (unless my wife gets lucky at midnight at the Rolling Meadows Meijer's, but even then she just plans to get there @11:45pm).
Anyone else in the same boat? I'm just thinking of going to the Schaumberg TRU at 8am and see if I can get lucky there, then hit Wal-Mart on the way home.

As far as I know, each Wal-Mart is guaranteeing 10 people will be able to get PS3's by the end of the second shipment. What they told me is that they'll have 6 systems on hand, and will give out vouchers to the next 4 people and call them when the next shipment comes in. I guess it's better than nothing, but only 6 per store...ouch!

I didn't get to start camping any earlier then today at 10am due to having a test (damn priorities). Anyways, does anyone know a place doing a raffle or a late night line up, since that is now my only chance to get a launch PS3. I've been calling around in the northern suburbs, but most places are using lines.

[quote name='purduealum91']Mzbagel, maybe we can play together, lol. hey, by the way, how do you get that Shaqfu symbol?[/QUOTE]

just say fuck

Drove around for 4 or 5 hours. Figured every unit was accounted for so I gave up.

I was in line at the Downers Grove best Buy for almost 2 hours. Moved on when the manager came out to tell us how many they were expecting

Wow...people are crazy. Someone should have called the cops to bust all those kids breaking curfew ;) So did anyone get lucky? I was tempted to hit Wal-Mart this morning but after talking to the stores yesterday I got pretty pissed and gave up. One store had no line but "all the units are spoken for". WTF does that mean?

Villa Park Wal-Mart = Just say no!

Came home. Waited for alleged bundles to go up online. Gave up on that.

PlayAsia's getting my money. Better than shelling out to some hoarder on eBay.

Well, I'm back from camping out at the Bedford Park CC (near Ford City mall).
I started waiting around 7:30 PM on wednesday. I went with a friend and my brother. They had 16 of the 60 gig systems and they were all taken by 9 PM wednesday. There was a break-in over night at around 2:30 AM this morning and one of the store managers and an employee got arrested. Safe to assume they were going for the PS3's but the cops didn't say what they were trying to steal. They were taken away in cop cars empty handed.

It was painfully cold waiting those two nights and I am never as prepared as I think I'm going to be. I had a portable heater that uses D batteries and small propane bottles so that really helped. They wouldn't allow tents any bigger than the kiddie tents. I had to take mine down and ended up using a tarp over some lawn chairs.

This morning I passed out the 40 off 200 coupons to some cool people I met in line and to my surprise, it actually worked. It was about 607 total after coupon. I didn't pick up any games but I will likely get Resistance and possibly Ridge Racer later tonight.

Sucks that we have to go through this kind of experience just to get a system.

Finally, I was able to get one of gamestop's 20GB bundles this evening. Even though I didnt wait outside, I felt like I got hit by a truck today. Kept getting screwed left and right.. samsclub, costco, kbtoys,...

[quote name='ryosnk']Does any toy r us store still have any xbox live kits for $12?[/quote]

You must be refering to a 3 month kit, yes? not familiar with that.

I just bought 1 year card for $35. just do a price search, on-line. the code is e-mailed, so no shipping.

SamuraiGG, I'm hitting Target in Warrenville over lunch. If I see one I'll let you know. Maybe I'll find a PS3 while I'm at it. What was I going to buy again...oh yeah, Christmas Lights... :)

Called the Target in Tinley Park and they haven't had any in since last Sunday, and the lady didn't know anything about the next shipment.

No luck at the Target in Warrenville. They had signs posted up that they're sold out until next shipment which may not be until after Jan 1st.

[quote name='chicagoz']I hate cleaning off the car after it snowed a couple inches :([/QUOTE]

That why I take the bus sometimes because where I work the street plowers always trap my car with more snow. Also, welcome to cag and to the chicago thread.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Hi, I am fro Chicago area as well. For pst week and a half been trying to fidn a wii but no luck so far. Any sighting of them in Chicago area?[/QUOTE]

Found one at Target today.

[quote name='SamuraiGG']Hey folks, I'm living in the southwest suburbs and looking for a Wii. If any of you guys see new shipments let me know![/QUOTE]

Well If live near courtyside. Target have 12 of them about 30 mins ago.

[quote name='mzbagel']No luck at the Target in Warrenville. They had signs posted up that they're sold out until next shipment which may not be until after Jan 1st.[/QUOTE]

These knuckleheads at the store dont know much I would never depend on them. One dumba$$ at Target said the next shipment of Wii would not come until March. Like the people from Nintendo and Sony called him and told him that. It must be March because Target got some in and Gamestop got the PS3 in stock. They have them up until 8 pm last night.

The Fry's out in Downers Grove has plenty of PS3 memory card adapters if anyone is looking for one.

Has anyone found a Chicagoland Wal-Mart that carries HD-DVDs? I live down the street from the North/Grand Av location and been to the Touhy location and didn't see any at either one... :cry:

[quote name='ryosnk'] Also, welcome to cag and to the chicago thread.[/quote]

Thanks!

Hey Guys, I dont know if anyone is interested...but I pre-ordered a PS3 at gamestop. I picked it up, and its been sitting on my table ever since. I just don't have any time to play it between all the 360 games and work. I thought maybe one of my people here would want a shot at it before I just ebay it.

[quote name='darkrage']Hey Guys, I dont know if anyone is interested...but I pre-ordered a PS3 at gamestop. I picked it up, and its been sitting on my table ever since. I just don't have any time to play it between all the 360 games and work. I thought maybe one of my people here would want a shot at it before I just ebay it.[/QUOTE]

Which verison is it? What price were you thinking about?

Folks, my brother in law just let me know that he was able to snag a PS3. He bought it on a whim and isn't sure if he'll keep it. It's a 20GB version. If anyone is interested, he might be willing to sell it with local pickup. PM me if you're interested and I can keep you posted on whether he'll be selling and give more details.

Any wii updates for Chicago?

I tried EB/GS yesterday, but folks were already in line for systems before the store(s) opened.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Which verison is it? What price were you thinking about?[/QUOTE]

Its the 60 gig. Iv really been debating letting it go since I got it. I should be really jazzed to have it, but Iv already been spending an insane amount of time with my xbox, and Im not sure its good for me to have another system around.

I was thinking between 900-1000. Where do you live in Chi? we could meet up.

[quote name='darkrage']Its the 60 gig. Iv really been debating letting it go since I got it. I should be really jazzed to have it, but Iv already been spending an insane amount of time with my xbox, and Im not sure its good for me to have another system around.

I was thinking between 900-1000. Where do you live in Chi? we could meet up.[/QUOTE]

Way outa my price range. :cry:
I suggest ebay it now before the holidays are over. Just pick up another one when the stores restock, there really isn't much to play on the ps3 right now.

I also have been hitting my GoW hard lately hard to put that sucker down.
We should have a Chicago match-up.

bread's done
Back