It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typeRJ']EDIT: oh and is anyone gonna go to the BB on Clark/Diversey? months ago i saw DW5: XL (PS2) there for like 19.99. can someone confirm if it's still there or around that price? don't wanna pay $26.99 used from gamestop.[/QUOTE]
I think I might stop by there tomorrow; I'll see what I can do/confirm.

Any of you fellow Illinoisans know where I could pick up a copy of Earthbound for SNES? Any good Mom & Pop stores in Chicago worth checking at? I really would like to finish this game since my copy was yard saled a long time by my loving family lol.

[quote name='typeRJ']EDIT: oh and is anyone gonna go to the BB on Clark/Diversey? months ago i saw DW5: XL (PS2) there for like 19.99. can someone confirm if it's still there or around that price? don't wanna pay $26.99 used from gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Stopped by early this afternoon and checked out the PS2 shelves. They had three copies of DW5: XL for their stickered price of $19.99 -- as well as four copies of DW4, with three priced at $4.99 and another placed further to the right with a more expensive frontlane-esque sticker (either $9.99 or $14.99, I believe). I didn't take any to a register to get a price check, but those are the prices that were written on the games' stickers as of Wednesday afternoon.

[quote name='dpac']Stopped by early this afternoon and checked out the PS2 shelves. They had three copies of DW5: XL for their stickered price of $19.99 -- as well as four copies of DW4, with three priced at $4.99 and another placed further to the right with a more expensive frontlane-esque sticker (either $9.99 or $14.99, I believe). I didn't take any to a register to get a price check, but those are the prices that were written on the games' stickers as of Wednesday afternoon.[/quote]

sweeet. thanks mann. i'll probably stop by today after work. i gotta hit graham crackers to pick up 5 weeks worth of comics...wish i'd stop buying comics and just focus on games.

[quote name='typeRJ']sweeet. thanks mann. i'll probably stop by today after work. i gotta hit graham crackers to pick up 5 weeks worth of comics...wish i'd stop buying comics and just focus on games.[/quote]

The one on clark?

[quote name='chicagoz']Maybe it's a movie that takes place in the "ghetto" :)

But I'd like to know, also.[/quote]

I used to live at Drake and Altgeld. Which is one block from Central Park and one block from Fullerton. Totally not the ghetto.

On another note, has anyone seen any Wavebird controllers in stores recently? I'm looking for another for Super Smash Bros Brawl.

[quote name='dpac']Stopped by early this afternoon and checked out the PS2 shelves. They had three copies of DW5: XL for their stickered price of $19.99 -- as well as four copies of DW4, with three priced at $4.99... [/quote]

thanks again, dpac. stopped by thursday night and picked up DW5:XL. but i couldn't find DW4. i already have it but it'd be nice to have a copy that doesn't look like it's been through hell (bro's fault...he was like 13). i checked all the game aisles and both front lane game racks...didn't see it. where did you see them?

[quote name='c!ty']On another note, has anyone seen any Wavebird controllers in stores recently? I'm looking for another for Super Smash Bros Brawl.[/quote]

i don't know but it's really tough to find now that SSBB came out. i've looked at a lot of places. so far, didn't see them at any kmarts, sears, circuit city or best buy stores.

i thought gamestop would be my best bet. probably been to 4 gamestops in the past week and haven't seen anything either. and i don't know if gamestop.com can help out at all. the website puts all wireless gamecube controllers under one SKU, wavebirds and 3rd party ones.

good luck hunting. i'll let you know if i find something...going to a crapload of stores today to fill the holes in my PS2 and Xbox collection.

I was thinking we should finally set a date for a meet up were we can trade, hang out, and maybe play some arcade games. If anyone is interested post here and maybe we can set up a date, time, and location.

any chicago CAGS with a costco membership? the costco on clybourn has wii budget titles, and I'm interested in picking up Sonic and Secret Rings for $10.99 I've got a sam's club membership, so I have no need for a costco one...anyone willing to help me out??

[quote name='themightypencil']any chicago CAGS with a costco membership? the costco on clybourn has wii budget titles, and I'm interested in picking up Sonic and Secret Rings for $10.99 I've got a sam's club membership, so I have no need for a costco one...anyone willing to help me out??[/QUOTE]

Costco membership is fully refundable - If you don't find someone to buy the games, you can always get a membership, get what you need and cancel in a few weeks. As long as you aren't abusing the system by doing this several times a year, should be no problem.

Johnny...you're right, i could do that..but thats alot of hassle for one $10 game...thats why I'm trying to find someone to do this...but if worse comes to worse, that is an option...thanks!

anyone wanna help me out?

Hey, i'm originally a Northwest CAG, but i'm in town visiting my girlfriend's family. Any good game places i should check out while i'm here? i saw two on the first post, but a bit too lazy to search the rest of this 90 page thread.
btw, i saw a Hollywood video closing down on Howard & Clark.

[quote name='sandrokstar']Hey, i'm originally a Northwest CAG, but i'm in town visiting my girlfriend's family. Any good game places i should check out while i'm here? i saw two on the first post, but a bit too lazy to search the rest of this 90 page thread.
btw, i saw a Hollywood video closing down on Howard & Clark.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Chicago isn't a great place for independents - EB/Gamestop pretty much dominate with a few GameCrazys here and there. Sad news about the Hollywood Video as I think they're going under. Been a lot of store closings lately, including some that had GameCrazys attached. From talking to a manager at one, apparently the GameCrazy side of the business is doing OK but the movie rental side is dragging them down.

Anyway, the only place I know is Videogames Then & Now which has a great selection of classic games/systems but also stocks newer stuff. It's on the west edge of Chicago at 4351 N Harlem Ave (Harlem and Montrose being the main cross streets.)

None at State & Roosevelt.

They do, however, have a hell of a lot (understatement) of College Hoops 2K8 for the 360 - 29 and change.

I gotta say - the Targets in the city suck as far as catching good clearance items and prices. (another understatement)

[quote name='jm2u']I have Genji for PS3 if anyone has anything for trade. UIC or Logan Square meet-up?[/quote]

Where in Logan Square? I'd be interested in meeting up for some drinks and/or general gaming discussion/guide trading. There's a nice bar (Dunlay's) right near the monument.

k i live in Chicago suburbs ,hillside, ... and there never any wiis any hints where to look for wiis i want a wii in this week k ty ill try to see if theres any offers for other stuff just ask and also what is Logan Square meet up and uic?

[quote name='spongebobgangster']k i live in Chicago suburbs ,hillside, ... and there never any wiis any hints where to look for wiis i want a wii in this week k ty ill try to see if theres any offers for other stuff just ask and also what is Logan Square meet up and uic?[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye on the ads - cuz right now they're pretty depleted from the last dispersement.

Also - use wiialerts.com - that's how I scored mine.

[quote name='ryosnk']I'm a go for a meet up in logan square.[/quote]

I'm in too...what date would work for you guys? BTW I have an extra blue dragon for 360 if anyone wants to trade Ninja Gaiden Sigma for it at the meet up. I also have an extra NEW gamecube (from sears) with a gift receipt (for the warranty) if anyone has anything to trade for it.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm in too...what date would work for you guys? [/quote]

This weekend is no good for me, unless we can do it Sunday evening.

Do we prefer weekends or during the week to meet?

We can maybe meet up April 4, 2008 around 7:30pm at Dunlay's or Fathers and son pizza. Is this good for anybody?

If anything bring whatever you want to trade or sell. It is what we did last time when we meet up at bakers square a few years ago.

[quote name='ryosnk']We can maybe meet up April 4, 2008 around 7:30pm at Dunlay's or Fathers and son pizza. Is this good for anybody?

If anything bring whatever you want to trade or sell. It is what we did last time when we meet up at bakers square a few years ago.[/quote]

That weekend is good, but can we maybe meet on Saturday?

[quote name='shieryda']That weekend is good, but can we maybe meet on Saturday?[/quote]

Saturday works for me. (Sunday I am going to a GI joe collector's show at Jacobs High School.)

[quote name='Blackout542']Is the Sears at 6 Corners a good spot to pick up clearance games?[/quote]

Not really. They are usually either cleaned out by the time I get there, or they don't have much out. And I live right down the street!

[quote name='shieryda']Not really. They are usually either cleaned out by the time I get there, or they don't have much out. And I live right down the street![/quote]

Wow that sucks. I live right by Portage Park, like 2 blocks away (on Byron). That new GS over at 6 Corners is pretty nice. I'm going to apply there.

[quote name='Blackout542']Wow that sucks. I live right by Portage Park, like 2 blocks away (on Byron). That new GS over at 6 Corners is pretty nice. I'm going to apply there.[/quote]

Get a job there, please!;) I have to get up there this weekend to reserve GTA IV.

Are you gonna go to the meet-up, whenever we have it?

[quote name='shieryda']Did anyone find either Overlord or Eternal Sonata at TRU on clearance?[/quote]

Not in South Suburbs. And I'll see if I can make the Logan Square meeting.

[quote name='shieryda']Get a job there, please!;) I have to get up there this weekend to reserve GTA IV.

Are you gonna go to the meet-up, whenever we have it?[/quote]

Yeah I'll try to get hired there. I'm not sure how hard it is but it's worth a shot.

I might go to the meet up. I'm not sure. I might have to visit a school or something.

I haven't been to the TRU over by Lane, but someone let us know if it's any good. I stopped going there for clearances when they refused to sell me penny guides, so I'm kind of interested to hear if they actually have anything.

[quote name='shieryda']Bump for Saturday, April 5 meet-up. Let's get a head-count, so we can maybe reserve a table or 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for Saturday but I if we could meet up around noon that would be good. I need to check out some houses later that day.

Haha. I can only imagine a group of about 20 nerds walking into a pizza joint with bags full of games and memorabilia. :ROFL: Too bad I can't make it. ;) Maybe the next meet up.

[quote name='shieryda']Did anyone find either Overlord or Eternal Sonata at TRU on clearance?[/QUOTE]
Can't say that I have, but has anyone seen Prince of Persia: Rival Swords for the Wii there? I was hoping to score one on clearance.

Other than that, anyone interested in a new but opened Half-Life 2 for the original Xbox? I'm finding myself less interested in it, especially after trying The Orange Box on 360.

[quote name='ryosnk']I'm in for Saturday but I if we could meet up around noon that would be good. I need to check out some houses later that day.[/quote]

What about that evening?

I haven't been to the TRU over on Western in a while, so I'm curious to hear how the deals there are, too.

[quote name='shieryda']What about that evening?

I haven't been to the TRU over on Western in a while, so I'm curious to hear how the deals there are, too.[/QUOTE]

I can meet up between noon till six.

Okay. So far we have:

slowdive
ryosnk
shieryda

Come on, guys. I know there are a least 3 or 4 more CAGs in Chicago...

We should have Cheapy mention it in the CAGcast...

[quote name='shieryda']Where in Logan Square? I'd be interested in meeting up for some drinks and/or general gaming discussion/guide trading. There's a nice bar (Dunlay's) right near the monument.[/QUOTE]

I'm over by Haas park/Fireside bowl. I haven't been over to Dunlay's yet. I'm going to have to get some more games together if this meet up happens. I have a fatty PS2 for sale too if anyone is interested.

[quote name='themightypencil']any chicago CAGS with a costco membership? the costco on clybourn has wii budget titles, and I'm interested in picking up Sonic and Secret Rings for $10.99 I've got a sam's club membership, so I have no need for a costco one...anyone willing to help me out??[/quote]

I can help you out. I live in Wicker Park and go to Costco about once a week. I could meet you there. You need the card at check out though, so I'd have to check out with you.

Also can we start a new Chicago thread? This one's kind of deep and it be easier to organize a meetup.

bread's done
Back