It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick heads up - the Best Buy at Elston/Webster has a few manager special clearance games....

Battlefield BC Gold (360) - $40
FEAR Files (360) - $15
GTA IV Collectors (PS3) - $50
Soul Calibur IV Collectors (PS3) - $50
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Collectors (PS3) - $50
Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle (PS3) - $80

Not any great deals but combine this with the $10 off $75 games coupon & you can do OK.

Also, I picked up a 360 HD-DVD player from Sears for $49.99 but I'll most likely return it next week - if anyone needed this, let me know.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm glad you asked. We're still shooting for Sat., Sept. 27 at Father and Son Pizza:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...34&spn=0.007104,0.019956&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

We need to decide upon a time.[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to ask about this as well, as it would be good to know whether to keep my lunch or dinnertime free that very day. Maybe it would be best to take a poll -- unless someone's daring enough to declare one time over the other. Perhaps lunch for this CAG? Dinner's doable, but the earlier we decide the better.

I have to return some games to the store...

If any of you want these games let me know and I will bring them to the meet up:

Crackdown $15 (2 available)
GTA LCS $12 PS2 original version (1 available)
The Darkness $16 PS3 with the strategy guide (1 available)

If anyone's interested, I can bring strategy guides for the original Manhunt as well as Madden NFL 2004. I've even got two copies of that Madden guide if someone's got a use for that. Let me know or I'll leave 'em at home, but just so you know, I do not value them highly.

I emailed Cheapy and asked him to mention this meet up on the CAGcast. He said he would, so hopefully we get a good number of people to show up!

I was born and raised in Chicago, but had to watch from the sidelines as I lived in Japan for the past two years. I'll be back in Chicago in 3 days. I'd love to meet up for this if possible. Hope this works out. For now, I'm drunk in Scottsdale, AZ. Can't wait to meet some people. Later?

Yeah this rain sucks.

Are we still doing some sort of podcasting/video recording for the meetup?

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah this rain sucks.

Are we still doing some sort of podcasting/video recording for the meetup?[/QUOTE]

I'll try. Hopefully the mic works.

Has anyone listened to the CAGcast yet? Any mention of our meet-up?

Edit: Cheapy listed it in the show notes on the front page!

[quote name='shieryda']Has anyone listened to the CAGcast yet? Any mention of our meet-up?

Edit: Cheapy listed it in the show notes on the front page![/quote]

Yup, he did mention it.

[quote name='Blackout']We need a roll call and $$$ amount we should all bring.[/QUOTE]

Why do we need to bring money I thought shieryda was treating. :) Well if anyone is going to attend just post that you are.

I'm going. :)

[quote name='ryosnk']Why do we need to bring money I thought shieryda was treating. :) Well if anyone is going to attend just post that you are.

I'm going. :)[/quote]

Ha! I'll treat, if you let me use your credit card! Hell, we should get Cheapy or Wombat to treat.

I'll be there with bells on (not literally, though).

[quote name='slowdive21']I will make it to this one.[/QUOTE]

I think I will, too. Italian sausage, please! And is it time to bring some lightly or never used Xbox "Originals" along with (like Half-Life 2, Doom 3, either MechAssault, Crimson Skies, Breakdown, Rallisport Challenge 2, Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds, and/or Forza 1)? Ah, questions, questions...

As for the CAGcast, Cheapy went through all the meet-up details -- and even the street address of the place -- while Wombat countered that we do stab each other at these get-togethers. I'll have to trust CheapyD that we don't. ;)

[quote name='dpac']I think I will, too. Italian sausage, please! And is it time to bring some lightly or never used Xbox "Originals" along with (like Half-Life 2, Doom 3, either MechAssault, Crimson Skies, Breakdown, Rallisport Challenge 2, Star Wars: The Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds, and/or Forza 1)? Ah, questions, questions...

As for the CAGcast, Cheapy went through all the meet-up details -- and even the street address of the place -- while Wombat countered that we do stab each other at these get-togethers. I'll have to trust CheapyD that we don't. ;)[/quote]

It would be sweet to have a console hooked up at the restaurant, but I doubt they'd let us do that. There would be some yelling and cheering going on.

[quote name='shieryda']It would be sweet to have a console hooked up at the restaurant, but I doubt they'd let us do that. There would be some yelling and cheering going on.[/QUOTE]

If we had an original Xbox set up there, then I would've surely brought Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Dead or Alive, PGR2 (Chicago races!) and maybe Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear, too. Those are the games back-compat was made for. :) Virtua Tennis and Halo 3 would make for some good multiplayer on the 360 as well.

Tentative head count:

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
slowdive21
dpac
Johnny Postman
chicagoz
prepster
rick3000gt0

Come on, dudes (and females, if there are any lady CAGs out there). Let's get double-digits for this meet-up!!!

I took the wrong Saturday off! I'll still be able to go to the meet-up, but since I start work at 1:30 pm, I'll have to be outta there early.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Just a quick heads up - the Best Buy at Elston/Webster has a few manager special clearance games....

Battlefield BC Gold (360) - $40
FEAR Files (360) - $15
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I picked up a copy of BFBC Gold. I wanted FEAR files, but I forgot to look for it. D'oh!

Yo shieryda that dude that came with me to the GTA midnight launch is also coming. Hes a CAG, just a lurker.

I gotta get my stuff together to trade/sell. I'll post it up when I get it all sorted!

I'm bringing my ds just in case anyone wants to play a quick game of clubhouse games, snk-capcom card fighters, nanostay 2, brain age or if you have any games that lets one play the game without having the game.

[quote name='rick3000gto']im down, anyone bringing items to trade.[/QUOTE]

I'm mainly in the market to sell right now, but if anyone's interested in trading for the earlier Xbox "Originals" I mentioned (er, not the fighting games), let me know. I've really been holding off on getting Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS....

Hey if anyone in the Dekalb area is looking for some Rock Band 1 Drums let me know. I upgraded to the Rock Band 2 Drums so I am trying to sell mine. They are in excellent shape. 30 Dollars takes them.

[quote name='slowdive21']Does F&S have their own parking lot?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Just to let you guys know I'm still going but I will show up abit late. So save some pizza for me. :)

So how much $$$ do we need to bring, or are we dining and dashin like the cheap asses that we are?

Hey guys, I've been waiting to see if I have that day off, and it turns out that I do! This'll be my first meet-up but I'm really excited for it. I'll be there!

I'll be there a bit early to get the table(s) set up.

I'm bringing a few guides and games for trading, plus a 20gb hard drive.

I'm calling out all of the following for the meet-up:

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

I'm finally back in Chicago after 2 years in Japan. Can you start a category for "Definite maybe attending people"?

I'm also interested in selling, or possibly trading, my PS3 copies of:
GTA IV and/or Warhawk (both new and sealed)
I can take them if anyone is interested.

I'd also be open to selling/trading my used copies of:
COD4 (I have two)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Resistance (I'm guessing most have this already, but anyway)
Unreal Tournament III

Also, this may be strange, but I have a Japanese version of Metal Gear Solid 4, which means I don't really know what the hell happened. If anyone has MGS4 and would like to play it through in Japanese, maybe we can trade copies for a while. If you don't have MGS4, maybe you can temporarily trade another game with me. I'd also be open to temporarily swapping any of my other used games for another one I don't have.

If I can know I'll be selling or trading something, it'd sweeten the meet-up for me. However, I'll probably be there regardless.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm calling out all of the following for the meet-up:
Rocksolidaudio
tmei03
tmei03[/QUOTE]
Nice list, shieryda, but isn't Rocksolid out in the Bay Area now that's he's joined 1UP? Also, dupe... but good work, anyhow. Let me see about bringing someone else with me; I'll letcha know if the headcount needs to be adjusted.

[quote name='dpac']Nice list, shieryda, but isn't Rocksolid out in the Bay Area now that's he's joined 1UP? Also, dupe... but good work, anyhow. Let me see about bringing someone else with me; I'll letcha know if the headcount needs to be adjusted.[/quote]

Yeah, we should probably update the ChiCAGo members on the front page (ryo?).

I'm bringing these games to the meetup. If anyone is interested in these games, lmk. I'm looking for PS3 or 360 games. Cash would be cool too.

:psp:Valkyrie Profile-Lenneth (also have mint guide available)
:ps2:Wild Arms Alter Code F (comes with anime disc)
:ps2: Atelier Iris 2:The Azoth of Destiny (sealed)

Any update on recording the meetup or whatever? Or has that been scrapped?

bread's done
Back