It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually got a number of games that I'm helping a friend to sell, so if anyone's interested let me know. Here are the used but well-kept GBA carts (no boxes and no manuals unless otherwise noted):

Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV (manual included)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Metroid Fusion
Onimusha Tactics
Rebelstar Tactical Command (manual included)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (manual included)
Sword of Mana

A lot of them can sell for $10 cart-only on eBay, but I'm willing to wiggle a little if I can sell them without fees. A few pricier ones include both GBA Fire Emblem games (both with manuals) and Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, which I've seen sold for $30, $15, and $20, respectively.

Complete DS games -- meaning they come with both case and manual -- include:

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Konami's Best v.)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Meteos (the original game)
Nintendogs: Lab & Friends
QuickSpot (the visual-comparison game from Namco Bandai)
*Tetris DS

*$10 seemed like a good price for these except for Tetris DS, which sells for multiples of that regularly on eBay.

With all these titles, I would just as easily pointed you to my dusty old tradelist (that still needs updating), but not having to ship anywhere with a local CAG meet-up would cost less for everyone involved. Let me know if you're interested; PM if necessary.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm bringing these games to the meetup. If anyone is interested in these games, lmk. I'm looking for PS3 or 360 games. Cash would be cool too.

:psp:Valkyrie Profile-Lenneth (also have mint guide available)
:ps2:Wild Arms Alter Code F (comes with anime disc)
:ps2: Atelier Iris 2:The Azoth of Destiny (sealed)

Any update on recording the meetup or whatever? Or has that been scrapped?[/QUOTE]

I will try to record the meetup but I'm worried that it might record all the other noise in the restaurant but I'll try it. Also, shieryda the front is updated.

COME ON WHITE SOX!

[quote name='ryosnk']I will try to record the meetup but I'm worried that it might record all the other noise in the restaurant but I'll try it. Also, shieryda the front is updated.

COME ON WHITE SOX![/quote]
I'll wear my CUBS jersey just for u:cool:

I'm still finding a few Chicago dudes who don't read this thread. It's a shame, really. They're missing out.

Looking forward to a decent turnout tomorrow.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm still finding a few Chicago dudes who don't read this thread. It's a shame, really. They're missing out.

Looking forward to a decent turnout tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I will be wearing me white sox white/blue hat so look out for me.

[quote name='rick3000gto']I'll wear my CUBS jersey just for u:cool:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm happy the cubs are in but I would like to see both teams in the playoffs.

What up all - if I had been aware of checking this thread regularly - I wouldn't have scheduled myself to work. Man, it would've been great to meet ya'll. And my pharmacy is only blocks away too =P

But please add me onto the chicago list (at least until June 2009 - then who knows)

Hahaha. yeah great pizza party. Nice to meet all you guys! Really cool bunch of CAGs!

If anyone is interested I have an extra eye of judgment pack with the PS3 eye camera that has not been opened. I paid $38.50 for it and can still return it to target, but before I do I thought I would offer it up here. I was able to get one at Wal-Mart for cheaper.

I had a good time at the meet up. Sorry I couldn't jump online later that day. I was at a couple friends' apartments around Chicago getting "crunked up", which I just found out people no longer say. Times sure do change fast.

I can't wait for the next one, but until then I hope the guys will add me to their PSN friend list so we can get some COD4, Warhawk, GTA4, even UTIII, or whatever the hell everyone is playing going online.

I'll send you a request. I play Warhawk and COD4. The other guys got a clan up on COD so maybe one day we can all get in a game together. I've been playing a lot of Warhawk but my mic doesn't work too well with that game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Clockwise from left:

dpac
Eric (soon to be CAG member)
Blackout
rick3000gto
Amerijapoxicano
ryosnk
originalityatitsbest
Joel (soon to be CAG member)
shieryda
slowdive21
my.php

Next time get me in the front. I'm cute. I can't wait to get this picture ALL OVER FACEBOOK! Next pizza party is at Chuck E. Cheese's. Who's with me?

On a side note, I just sold one of my PS4 COD4 copies, that I bought for $40 in December '07, for $35. It's on sale this week at target for $40. Gotta love Craig's list. :bouncy:

Cool pic. Gotta represent Chicago yeeeaaah boooyyy.

Next meet up should be at a strip club. We can throw cheap ass coupons at the lovely ladies.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano'] Next pizza party is at Chuck E. Cheese's. Who's with me?

[/quote]

Count me in, as long as they have the safari game where you have to lasso the African animals from your Jeep.

Man I hate Cubs fans. They almost make me want to hate the team. Could be possibly see a cross town WS???

[quote name='shieryda']Count me in, as long as they have the safari game where you have to lasso the African animals from your Jeep.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... think it's similar to the safari game at the Kerasotes Theater over at Village Crossing? I wandered in back when Iron Man opened and found a free game waiting for me to be played. (I waited a while to see if someone merely forgot about their credits, but no one came.) Shooting African wildlife was actually quite invigorating, though I don't know if that "shooting" pleasure will translate into the photojournalist aspects of Afrika for the PS3.

[quote name='dpac']Interesting... think it's similar to the safari game at the Kerasotes Theater over at Village Crossing? I wandered in back when Iron Man opened and found a free game waiting for me to be played. (I waited a while to see if someone merely forgot about their credits, but no one came.) Shooting African wildlife was actually quite invigorating, though I don't know if that "shooting" pleasure will translate into the photojournalist aspects of Afrika for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

There's no shooting of the animals. It's this one:

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/driving-riding_games/Jambo!_Safari_(DX)_1797.html

Anyone want a silver Gamecube? I have a mint one for sale. It comes with all cables, box, and two official controllers. Name your price. Looking for $35-50 for it, so I can least put the money towards a new game.

For the radar:
There's a new Best Buy opening up on Belmont and the 90/94. It's where the Dominick's use to be. Very easily seen from the expressway.

[quote name='chi.bri']For the radar:
There's a new Best Buy opening up on Belmont and the 90/94. It's where the Dominick's use to be. Very easily seen from the expressway.[/quote]

Yep. Much closer to me now than Elston or Touhy. Or even HIP, for that matter. I had some coupons last weekend for the grand opening, but I seem to have recycled them. Nothing I need at the moment, anyways.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']Next time get me in the front. I'm cute. I can't wait to get this picture ALL OVER FACEBOOK! [/quote]

You can have my seat...cameras are not my friends.

BTW: ryosnk I got your PM, but your inbox is full. If anyone is interested I have a sealed PS3 40GB Spiderman bundle for sale, but ryosnk gets first crack at it.

[quote name='slowdive21']You can have my seat...cameras are not my friends.

BTW: ryosnk I got your PM, but your inbox is full. If anyone is interested I have a sealed PS3 40GB Spiderman bundle for sale, but ryosnk gets first crack at it.[/QUOTE]

Email me at [email protected].

I might get a second Xbox 360 and i'm thinking about modding my current one. Are there any reliable places in Chicago that do that?

Man I haven't been here in a while. Great to see that the meetup was a success! One of these days I'll go to one!

I built a crazy PC that can handle high end games, which you can read about on my blog. Lately I've been searching for cheap PC games. I went to Big Lots in Morton Grove/Niles (Dempster and Harlem). They restocked their PC games. I saw the following, all around $4.00 or $6.00 and the estimated quantities left:

Thief - I believe it's Deadly Shadows, 2 copies
Defcon - 1
City of Villains - 1 or 2, bigger box which includes the Hero Clix and such
The Movies - 3+
Mage Hunter: Apocalypse - 2 or 3
Project Eden - 1
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - 1

The rest I didn't particularly care for. And I forgot to check for any anime.

Also, Half-Price Books at Village Crossing (Niles) has quite a few copies of Defcon for $5.00.

This morning as I walked out my door I saw this dude. He was past-out, clutching the sign post in front of my house. I think this is the first time I've seen someone sleep standing up. Perfect Kodak moment.

picture.php

picture.php

I stopped in the new Best Buy at Belmont and Kimball. They had a handful of the Vision camera with 12 months of XBL bundles for $49.99. And a few Wii Fits if anyone is looking for them.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^^ I think it is time to take a trip to FL for some "batting practice". Who's with me?! ;)[/quote]

And we can go watch the Tigers, too.:)

Target at Addison Mall had 2 copies of GTA IV: SE left last night. Plus, they had a copy or 2 of Lost Odyssey. I didn't scan any of them because they were locked up and no employee could be found.

This is for the guys at the Chicago meet-up the other week. I couldn't believe no one had heard of Yahtzee's "Zero Punctuation" on The Escapist website. I'm sure many of you had, but I thought I'd pass it along for those who hadn't. I used to find him funny but just kind of got sick of him. Well, check him out anyway, and if you like him check out his older work. Here's his latest one about Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/251-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed

I have 3 tickets to see your choice of Righteous Kill or Traitor available if anyone wants to PM me for them. They have to be printed by midnight, but they can be used until the 17th .

the walmart in rolling meadows (golf and algonquin) has a few GH bundles on sale...price ranging from $59.95 for the GH2 bundle to $69.99 for the GH3 w/ wired xploder controller...

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^^ Yeah it worked for me...They have to hit total for it to show the $20 off.[/quote]

Which Best Buy did you hit up? Was there a lot of copies left?

bread's done
Back