It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrosnwo']Well, since the last big meetup we had was 9/11/10, and we're approaching that date again, I say we shoot for the same weekend, which would be the 10th this year. Thoughts, suggestions? I'm in, I say let's do it.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, it's been an year!!!!!!! The tenth sounds good to me also.

Maybe we could get one of the party rooms there to hang out/trade stuff/eat food.

Sounds like a plan. That's 4 of us so far. I hope we can get around 10 or so like last year, if not more. I'll let Doc know ahead of time too, in a couple weeks when we get some more confirmations, and we can try to get a discounted rate for our group again. I don't think it'll be a problem.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Amazing, I was just coming on here to post about the HH Gregg I saw on Touhy yesterday. Was wondering if anyone had any opinions of it. I have next to zero hope for it, really, as far as CAG-type shopping goes. We shall see.

Also, if anyone is in the area, I'll be going here: http://www.zurkopromotions.com/Latenight.htm

My sister's rollerderby team is set up there, so I'll be around that area most of the time. Come by and say hi. Plus, maybe find some cheap merch.[/QUOTE]

what roller derby team is she on? ive been watching the chicago outfit roller derby.

[quote name='Blackout']Maybe we could get one of the party rooms there to hang out/trade stuff/eat food.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good too but how much extra would that be?

[quote name='ryosnk']That sounds good too but how much extra would that be?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. mrosnwo, do you know?

Bigsick - the Dupage Derby Dames.

Blackout - it's $20 per hour plus $5 a head, or $75 for all day plus $5 a person. It says to ask for group discounts though, so I'm sure we can work something out a little better. I could go either way on that one. If the price is right and everyone wants it, I'll get it, or we could so without. Keep in mind it gets more crowded now than last year. We went last time when they were just weeks old. Now the place is a year old next week and has doubled it's game total. We may not have the freedom on the floor like we did before, although from my experience it doesn't usually get real busy until the evening hours. Like I said, I could go either way, you guys decide that one. Let's get some heads in the meantime.

We can hopefully still get the discounted CAG admission rate for the main floor. I should be around that weekend, so I'm interested in making an appearance.

^^Doc gave us a permanent CAG rate of $12 (any time). Last meetup I worked out a deal for $10, but I am not sure if they will do that again.

mrosnwo is there probably the most of all of us, so maybe he can be the point man this time around. :)

I will be there as well. 9/10 or 9/11 work for me.

Is 9/10 the only available weekend for most of you guys or is the date not flexible? I might not be available that weekend.

[quote name='Blackout']Is 9/10 the only available weekend for most of you guys or is the date not flexible? I might not be available that weekend.[/QUOTE]

It's one if the available days for me and my bro asked for it off.

I'll run the point, no problem. I communicate with them through facebook kinda frequently anyway, so I think I can work something out. I'll put a feeler out there to get an idea of what they can do for us. It's still a month away, though so we'll see what happens. They're expanding into next door at some point too, by the way. Who knows, there's a chance it could be open by then too. I guess the pinball is gonna be on the floor at that point too. So far we're looking like this:

mrosnwo, ryosnk+1, bigsick+1, shieryda, weaponx2099, slowdive, blackout(?).

Not bad for a couple days notice. And blackout, if you can't make this one, but want to head up there another time, let me know too. I actually haven't been there since April myself, and I'm having serious withdrawl. They've added like 25 games just since then.

I double checked and I'll be able to make it, so you can put me down.

If anyone is looking for a $170 3ds they have like 6 left at the walmart located in niles/Skokie on touhy ave.

It was nice meeting the fellow cag at line waiting for them to correct the price.

Blackout, if I do go, you can ride with me.
Edit: I can't go on Sept. 10. Also, I have extra 60GB :360: starter kits, if anyone needs one. Otherwise, they're going back to Sears this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Blackout, if I do go, you can ride with me.
Also, I have extra 60GB :360: starter kits, if anyone needs one. Otherwise, they're going back to Sears this week.[/QUOTE]

How much for the kit and what does it come with other then the 60gb if anything else?

[quote name='shieryda']Includes 60GB hard drive, head set and 3 months of Live. Yours for $25.[/QUOTE]

I will still need a transfer cable correct?

Ok, this is up to all of you who might attend the next meetup but we should have a Chicago roundtable podcast at the place or at a location we can hang out and eat. It would be cool and might motive other members to attend the next scheduled meetup.

[quote name='ryosnk']Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099[/QUOTE]

From the first post(!), I think you've got chi.bri and Blackout switched on the row assignments & places.

In more recent news, I'll see if I can join you all on the 10th -- possibly with some other friends in attendance & a DS game or two to trade. (DQ IX, anybody?) What time were you planning on starting and finishing?

Podcasting might be cool, but you'd kinda need an outline to keep things lively. What did you have in mind to discuss?

Just upgraded my receiver looking to do a local sale on my current unit to offset part of the cost.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-72TXV

This thing is in near mint condition, one of the TOS-link inputs lost a spring, which causes it to be non-functional, but there are another three that are fine. The sound this thing outputs is great. It would be a perfect combo with any 720p/1080i set up. It will play the HD audio codecs via PCM (which a PS3 ouputs). I have it hooked up to a 7.1 set up so if you are interested you can check it out in action.

Originally $1200, I feel like $300 is lowest I'd go (otherwise I'll just keep it).

Bit of a haul from Evanston, but I'm going to try to make it to the meet up. I've been wanting to check out the Ghost for a while. Let me know if you are interested in a car pool. I have a four-door hatchback that seats three pretty well (if not four).

Whats up chicagoland its yungkratos! Im usually only in the internets on Fighting game community business but yesterday I ran into a guy you all know as Slowdive21 and he put me up on this website. We talked about too how you guys like to meet up at gga. Just so you know some of the guys on SRK have it set up for 5 dollar wednesday nights just a little fyi for you.

[quote name='YungKratos']Whats up chicagoland its yungkratos! Im usually only in the internets on Fighting game community business but yesterday I ran into a guy you all know as Slowdive21 and he put me up on this website. We talked about too how you guys like to meet up at gga. Just so you know some of the guys on SRK have it set up for 5 dollar wednesday nights just a little fyi for you.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the site, dude! Slowdive's a good man, so I'm glad he was able to provide a good first impression of CAG. Probably a little tough for me to hit up GGA on a Wednesday night, but how would one get in on that action with the SRK guys (just in case)? Thanks for contributing!

I havent gone to that meetup specifically yet but they told me they dont use the arcade room its the private room they use (the one that gets rented out for parties and such) on Weds and thats what you are paying to get into since theres no equipment but since its the scheduled day everyone brings setups so theres no issue. I also know that Tactics will check in with Doc on other days and see if the rooms being used so randomly during the week itll be setup again. Another meetup that i actually have gone too is Gameworks Thursdays $10 for AE (or whatever other game the gw card works on) all night from 8 or 9 till close. alot of the guys thee are cool and will just use another guys card so if your a cheap ass you can just show up and slide other peoples cards. Yeah if you wanna keep up to speed with everything you can just get on SRK I know it has sort of a mixed bag of rep on the webs but so long as you pretty much post in like regional match making , tech talk , or trading thread youll be good. The front page or any other place that online players will be posting in is just a shitstorm.

Anyone know a good place to find Dreamcast games. I know about People Play Games, but am wondering if there's any other places.

[quote name='Rahxephon91']Anyone know a good place to find Dreamcast games. I know about People Play Games, but am wondering if there's any other places.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Disc Replay?

[quote name='Josh5890']Maybe Disc Replay?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been to some. I mean I bought my Dreamcast from the one in Orland. Most of the South Burb ones have have had pretty small sections though.

[quote name='Rahxephon91']Anyone know a good place to find Dreamcast games. I know about People Play Games, but am wondering if there's any other places.[/QUOTE]

I have Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi, i'll give you both for $5 lol

Hey guys are we shooting for 9/10 or 9/11? I can make either one.

I know shieryda can't make it on 9/10

Is there anyone else that has a date preference?

I could probably make either date as well. I would just prefer a Saturday, but whatever is easier on everyone else.

BTW, anyone else happen to catch the Bruce Campbell Q&A, the Evil Dead reunion, or just meet the guy at his booth this past weekend at Wizard? It may have been the greatest shit ever. He will forever be my hero.

^^^No, I didn't have much time to explore. Carisma Carpenter walked right past me and I didn't notice ()my brother did though). I saw people around his booth on Sunday, but I didn't venture over.

Did you see the guy dressed up as a furry (wolf head)? That was Christopher Lloyd. He was still wearing his badge. #-o

Not only did I chat it up with Bruce, but I talked to Robert Englund beforehand across the street. I asked Englund when him and Ash were gonna throw down, and he said he'd love to, but New Line will never let it happen. He said Raimi had the script planned out, and Ash was to finish off Freddy and Jason once and for all, but New Line said no way, that little guy wasn't killing their money makers. He did say to send my regards over to Bruce. When I got to Bruce, I said Robert Englund sends his regards from across the street, he says he always wanted Ash to be the guy to put him down for good. "Oh really....well fuck him. I'll put him down." I did my best to instigate something, at least. Englund was so cool, by the way. I was in line with my sister, and he was signing for her first, but stopped dead in his tracks, turned to me when I asked various questions, and held up the line for 10 minutes to talk to me. It was really, really cool. Maybe not for the people behind me, but who cares about them. Not only told me he likes the new Nightmare movie, but went into super detail about what exactly he liked about it. If any of you get the chance, they've got the Campbell, and the Evil Dead panels on youtube already. Wizard's are, of course, crappily edited down to like 13 minutes instead of the 45 they ran, but you can piece together fan footage to get the whole thing. If you're a fan of his, it's worth going out of your way to see. Hilarious stuff.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey guys are we shooting for 9/10 or 9/11? I can make either one.

I know shieryda can't make it on 9/10

Is there anyone else that has a date preference?[/QUOTE]

Ah, I was already telling friends about the 10th! But, yeah... Saturday works better for me, though I could try to make Sunday work as well.

the furry was christopher lloyd? wow. he walked right by me. I unfortunately didnt have the time to catch panels as i showed up late on sunday.

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but no Sept. 11 for me. It'll have to be the 10th. Two simple words fella's: DAAAAAA BEARS!

Hey all...saw that there's a thread for Chicago CAGs (thanks, Slowdive), and thought I'd introduce myself. I live in the southwest burbs, myself. Been playing games for years, and just started doing the garage sale thing last summer as a way to pay bills while I was unemployed. That's how it started at least. Now that I have a pretty steady job, I do it for fun and because I have no idea what I'll find. Love gaming and everything about it. Started with an Atari, and I hope it never ends. Usually keep to my stomping grounds in Oswego, Plainfield, Naperville and that area, but once in a while will make the trek to the Allstate flea market or try to explore a little. Also didn't realize there were so many Chicago CAGs. Wow. So there I am. Happy to be a CAG (in training, for now).

[quote name='TheHeef']Hey all...saw that there's a thread for Chicago CAGs (thanks, Slowdive), and thought I'd introduce myself. I live in the southwest burbs, myself. Been playing games for years, and just started doing the garage sale thing last summer as a way to pay bills while I was unemployed. That's how it started at least. Now that I have a pretty steady job, I do it for fun and because I have no idea what I'll find. Love gaming and everything about it. Started with an Atari, and I hope it never ends. Usually keep to my stomping grounds in Oswego, Plainfield, Naperville and that area, but once in a while will make the trek to the Allstate flea market or try to explore a little. Also didn't realize there were so many Chicago CAGs. Wow. So there I am. Happy to be a CAG (in training, for now).[/QUOTE]

wow really? i'm right next to oswego in montgomery. Happy to have you here in the chicago thread!

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok, this is up to all of you who might attend the next meetup but we should have a Chicago roundtable podcast at the place or at a location we can hang out and eat. It would be cool and might motive other members to attend the next scheduled meetup.[/QUOTE]

So what is the deal with the podcast? They are audio only right? I wouldn't mind yapping for a while, but I don't want to be on camera. :)

bread's done
Back