It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Japan for a few more days and returning to Chicago in March. Anyone want something from over here? Pm me if you are interested with title and price max. I'm not looking to get rich. Just add $5 to what I pay. I love this community and want to give back. Maybe Japanese PSN cards are easy. 

1/18 at the galloping ghost they're having a huge mortal kombat event. Its not only tournaments, but 6 actors from the mk games are going to be there signing autographs as well.

I remember recording a mini doc about the making of MK3 from TV but sadly I lost the VHS long ago. All I remember from it was that the guy who played sub zero also played a bunch of the other characters and was a Chicago cop.

A bunch of them also worked at the Lincoln Park Lakeshore Athletic Club and I think I saw the guy who played Kano once.

Nota deal per say, however, the walmart in Rolling Meadows, IL (Algonquin road and golf road)had 3 PS4 in stock this morning and also XBOX One.

Been WAAAAAY too long since I've visited this site.  It's been an insane few months, but I haven't forgotten about the Chicago CAGs.

A lot's happened to me since last summer, some really bad, some really good.  I'm still gaming, though, so that part hasn't changed, at least.

I also have a new job at a brewery in the city, and I'm moving a little further into the burbs, so meetups will be a little easier for me to attend.  There's a new girl in the picture, too...and yes, she's a gamer.  And not just a girlfriend gamer, either.

Hope things are treating everyone well here.  Hopefully they figured out the mobile version of the site, because I hated it before.

Keep forgetting to mention it, but a Videogames Then & Now, like the one on Harlem near the HIP, opened right around the corner from me in Des Plaines. It's pretty much just off the I-90 Elmhurst exit, easy to get to and plenty of parking. Hadn't expected to see something like that pop up. Haven't been in yet (pretty much 100% Steam these days), but there is a Yelp listing and review already: http://www.yelp.com/biz/videogames-then-and-now-des-plaines

I drive by basically every day, so if someone's looking for something specific they want me to check on, PM me.

Hello. I haven't been active much in the past 2-3 years because I've been living in Seoul, Korea. I'll be returning next month and would like to be more involved with this community. Sounds far-fetched because Korea is not quite Japan, but if anyone can think of something you would like from here that's not available in Chicago, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Not looking to get rich, just thought I'd offer.

I hope I can meet some of you guys when I get back. I will be living in the near North burbs, not far from the dumpster diving location of Niles Gamestop. ;)

Holler.

Hey all.

Next Saturday, I'm moving to Lisle, so if anyone in the area knows of a good thrift store or game place in that area, let me know.  Looking forward to some new stomping grounds.

Hello. I haven't been active much in the past 2-3 years because I've been living in Seoul, Korea. I'll be returning next month and would like to be more involved with this community. Sounds far-fetched because Korea is not quite Japan, but if anyone can think of something you would like from here that's not available in Chicago, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Not looking to get rich, just thought I'd offer.

I hope I can meet some of you guys when I get back. I will be living in the near North burbs, not far from the dumpster diving location of Niles Gamestop. ;)

Holler.
I live near that GameStop, do you want to go dumpster diving with me next month?

Kmart is the only store I have seen them in stock. Make sure you sign up for their free rewards program first if you plan to buy one. They have electronics coupons that may work on consoles. I bought the PS3 last of us bundle and ended up getting about $35-$45 back in points on a $200 purchase.

I stopped by the Sears that's closing on State St. in Chicago last week. Game stuff was 30% off retail across the board--so there was a healthy supply of $140 3DS XLs (Blue, Red, and Pink) to be had. Also one remaining $42 copy of New Super Mario Bros. U. Nothing spectacular.

Apparently there will be at least one more price drop before the store closes at the end of the month, but nobody was sure how big a drop it would be or when it would happen. I'm planning to stop by at some point(s). I'll share anything exciting I encounter.

Edit: Should also mention that the 30% off seemed to apply to points cards as well--though all they seemed to have left were some Wii Points (not eShop) cards. Didn't see any Sony or MS-related cards.

Hey all.

Next Saturday, I'm moving to Lisle, so if anyone in the area knows of a good thrift store or game place in that area, let me know. Looking forward to some new stomping grounds.
I live right next to the Lisle Train Station!

There is not a single place that comes to mind but in general I have good luck in this area for deals.

Quick update on the Sears on State Street in Chicago: They had a Wii U Mario & Luigi set out for $210.
Hm. Under $150 is my buy price. I wonder if it will hit that? How much time is left before it is done?

I live right next to the Lisle Train Station!

There is not a single place that comes to mind but in general I have good luck in this area for deals.

Hm. Under $150 is my buy price. I wonder if it will hit that? How much time is left before it is done?
No kidding? I take the train from Lisle for work! Shame to hear about the lack of stores, but maybe I'll have some luck with yard sales coming up. Of course...now I have to get couches for the new place. Stupid responsibilities.

No kidding? I take the train from Lisle for work! Shame to hear about the lack of stores, but maybe I'll have some luck with yard sales coming up. Of course...now I have to get couches for the new place. Stupid responsibilities.
Hah well get used to terrible delays!

Really though you probably have missed the worst of it. This winter has seen so many delays it was ridiculous. Almost every single day in February SOMETHING was wrong with the line. It got to the point where I normally take the 7:51 but just gave up and started making my way there for the 8:09 since the earlier one was delayed until then anyway haha. It has been much better this month however though.

If you don't mind some cheap used furniture, at least temporarily even, there is a Salvation Army Thrift Store that usually has a bunch of random furniture in the back. It is nestled right by plenty of CAG related stores too haha, TRU, GS and BBY.

It is over at 1520 75th St., Downers Grove, IL 60516.

That general area is where I do most of my shopping in general since I live right off of 355 just a tad north of there. It has all of those stores plus a Walmart and Aldi a little bit down the way too. Not to mention they have 2 Gamestops in that immediate area in between the Best Buy so I have had plenty of fun times flipping between there haha

*EDIT*

Ran over to Sears at 2N State during my lunch today and wow is that place picked over by now. I mean I would imagine it would be but yeah it is slim pickings. Electronics were almost nonexistent and I couldn't even find a Wii U anywhere. The clothes then too... oh man! If you are overweight or a non standard body type then that place is for you! Looking for smalls or mediums and then 32x32 pants I was SoL. I saw countless 48x28 and other similar sizes or shirts with more X's than their price. Nothing against people that buy those sizes but as an average sized young man who works out I was just really thrown off by the extreme sizes of everything. I went to go look at some tools, of which there were still plenty left because I feel like they were all only very minorly on sale : /

Hah well get used to terrible delays!

Really though you probably have missed the worst of it. This winter has seen so many delays it was ridiculous. Almost every single day in February SOMETHING was wrong with the line. It got to the point where I normally take the 7:51 but just gave up and started making my way there for the 8:09 since the earlier one was delayed until then anyway haha. It has been much better this month however though.

If you don't mind some cheap used furniture, at least temporarily even, there is a Salvation Army Thrift Store that usually has a bunch of random furniture in the back. It is nestled right by plenty of CAG related stores too haha, TRU, GS and BBY.

It is over at 1520 75th St., Downers Grove, IL 60516.

That general area is where I do most of my shopping in general since I live right off of 355 just a tad north of there. It has all of those stores plus a Walmart and Aldi a little bit down the way too. Not to mention they have 2 Gamestops in that immediate area in between the Best Buy so I have had plenty of fun times flipping between there haha
Ahh...4 corners. Miss living around that area.

I never understood why those 2 gamestops were a street apart, but like you said, made flipping easier.

Oh, I had to take the 6:22 in every morning this winter (now I have to take the 5:40...hooraaaaaaay). I just moved in closer because I was sick of driving from Yorkville just to take the train from Aurora. It just sucks because I stop at Western, not Union, so only a handful of trains go there.

I still hop over to Fox Valley once in a while (found a complete copy of Guild Wars 2 at the Goodwill there last week), but I haven't spent any time at the Downers Grove stores. Maybe it's time to expand a little. Cheers!

Did anybody else's Gamestop's close? Two Gamestops in Vernon Hills and the one in Mundelein IL closed recently and I had no idea until I went there. Kinda sad. 

I saw on the news GameStop is closing 2% of it's stores because of competition from online retailers and brick and mortar retailers accepting trade-ins.

One inside Orland mall closed which sucked and another that I know in North Riverside on Cermak and 9th Avenue is gone.
Yeah that sucks. You can tell it was there for a long time because even though the Gamestop sign is down, you can still see the outline of the old Babbages sign...

I'm sick of playing Battlefield 4 on my own and not having anyone to talk to over mic and plan some rudimentary strategy and just have fun. Of course, I could post this in a different sub-forum and just know people virtually. I would like to do this with people I either have met or possibly could meet. 

I know in the past people from this thread have met up before. Any chances of this happening anytime soon? I've been out of the country for 2 years but am back now for the foreseeable future. 

I'm mostly into shooters, but can be flexible. I have PS3, PS4, and PS+ membership. I'm also really big into lifting weights (strength training), jogging, and language learning (I speak Spanish and am decent at Japanese and Korean). I live in the near NW burbs and get to the city often. I can host people at my home not far from CTA yellow line/blue line. Holler here or through PM.

Ok, now I remember. This just reminds me that we need to get a another meetup planned. It's always fun meeting Chicago CAGs.

Amerijapoxicano, what games do you play multiplayer on your ps3? I have xbox360, xbox1, and ps3 but no ps4 yet. If any anyone else wants to join in on some multiplayer post away.

As far as multiplayer games go, I have anything on PS+ since November (when I got PS4 and needed it to play online). That includes Borderlands 2 mostly for multiplayer games. I have GTAV, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3 (if it even has multiplayer still), Battlefield 3 and 4. I mostly play First and Third Person Shooters. Besides RPGs, I'm mostly into anything. 

If we can get some guys together, I can host at my place. I'm booze and 420 friendly as long as you aren't in high school. I would kindly donate some beer if it means playing BF4 with people online who can devise some strategy with me.  

Did anyone get into the Target Trade in stuff? And is Battlefield on PS4 good? I currently have 0 games for the PS4. NBA2K14, NFS and Injustice was good, but COD:Ghost looked pretty and short.

bread's done
Back