It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
No way! Block Buster close before Hollywood Video? That's just crazy talk.

I thought I heard something about Block Buster signing a deal with Circuit City to which someone described it as "two drunks trying to hold each other up." I guess they were right.

Blockbuster got better once Hollywood Video came out. It was so expensive for such crap. Hopefully they stay aloat, I rent movies online through them. Their recent policy changes to online rentals have really pissed me off, though.

Anyone able to find professor layton and sonic chronicles at any blockbuster?

Update. I was able to find two stores that had them in stock.

I went to the BBV in downtown on W Huron and got a couple of good picks. Unreal Tournament for PS3 for $10. DMC4 for $15. Rock Band 2 for $30. Quite a good selection. No, you don't need to be a member.

[quote name='dpac']Khan B.B.Q. is pretty well regarded in foodie circles here in Chicago, named by the Reader as the best restaurant in the city last year:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/bestofchicago08/restaurants/best/

And that's for good reason as an order of chicken boti, broast chicken (maybe a half if a whole is too expensive), daal palak (for that spicy veggie dip), and a piece of naan or two will greatly satisfy a party of 2-4. (The green chutney makes for a decent general topping as well.) I'm glad I live not too far from Khan's myself, but you better be ready for the heat of South Asian food before going. It's certainly my favorite place on Devon.[/quote]

Damn, I had no idea, and I try to read the Reader as often as possible. Ima hafta go back there.

I am playing so much L4D these days, my daughter thinks I'm a zombie. My Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/dfgarcia/ if anyone wants to hook up for a match.

All these stores closing (CC, BBV, OD) is weird. Hey, anybody familiar with that building in Lincolnwood at Lincoln and Pulaski/Crawford that used to be a Silo? It's been empty (or at least looks empty) for like 15 years now.

Chicago CAGs...the Best Buy sale is around the corner. We gotta help each other out and inform each other on what stores have what. That way, we don't get fucked over by the hoarders and the price adjusters.

[quote name='joeboosauce']I went to the BBV in downtown on W Huron and got a couple of good picks. Unreal Tournament for PS3 for $10. DMC4 for $15. Rock Band 2 for $30. Quite a good selection. No, you don't need to be a member.[/quote]

Were there any copies of UT3 left?

Chicago CAGs...the Best Buy sale is around the corner. We gotta help each other out and inform each other on what stores have what. That way, we don't get fucked over by the hoarders and the price adjusters.

Has anyone spotted a copy of Skate at the Block Buster Clearance Sale? I've been looking to pick one up on the cheap. How about at the Best Buy sale?

[quote name='Blackout']Were there any copies of UT3 left?

Chicago CAGs...the Best Buy sale is around the corner. We gotta help each other out and inform each other on what stores have what. That way, we don't get fucked over by the hoarders and the price adjusters.[/quote]

I'm down, if anyone wants to post what they're looking to get, I can look out for it when I head in Sunday. You can PM me if you'd like. I myself am looking for QoS :360: Pure :360: and probaly Rock Band 1 :ps3:

[quote name='rick3000gto']I'll be hitting up the BB at the HIP as soon as they open on sunday.[/QUOTE]

I might be there with you...

Might as well throw this out there, too. I'll be trying to find (all Xbox 360) Infinite Undiscovery, C&C: Kane's Wrath, C&C Red Alert, Operation Darkness, and Turning Point. If anyone out there finds extras of these games, I'd take them off your hands if I can't find them on my own. I'll be looking for everyone else's requests, also.

Hey hey now. Don't scoop up all the Turning Points. Save one for me:D

I'm going to hit up the HIP BB first and then make my way around the sure so I make sure I get what I want.

The BB at the HIP is cleaned out. All the games were game within a few minutes. I picked up :360: Silent Hill and Turning Point.

Nice running into you ryosnk. :)

[quote name='52club']If anyone can pick up an extra SC4 (for ps3 or 360) and DMC 4 from Best Buy I'll give $25 for both games at the CAG meet up.[/QUOTE]

Decided against going to the HIP BB at the last minute, and I hit up the Elston BB. Managed to get all the games I wanted, but DMC 4 sold out and I grabbed the last SC4 for myself.

Also, Silent Hill was sold out and only got one QoS T-Shirt bundle for myself. Sorry I couldn't get more copies for others.

Let me know what you guys want. My stores are stacked with 360 games, except Infinite discovery. I didn't realize the 007 game was the t-shirt edition, so I have to go back out.

[quote name='chicagoz']Decided against going to the HIP BB at the last minute, and I hit up the Elston BB. Managed to get all the games I wanted, but DMC 4 sold out and I grabbed the last SC4 for myself.

Also, Silent Hill was sold out and only got one QoS T-Shirt bundle for myself. Sorry I couldn't get more copies for others.[/QUOTE]

I know it's late to ask, but did anyone manage to grab an extra 360 SC4 he'd be willing to sell?

[quote name='slowdive21']Let me know what you guys want. My stores are stacked with 360 games, except Infinite discovery. I didn't realize the 007 game was the t-shirt edition, so I have to go back out.[/quote]

I'm interested in the 007 game for 360 and Too Human. Did they have those? If you could get those for me (or anyone for that matter), I can get them off of your hands at the next meet up. Thanks.

Last edited:
[quote name='slowdive21']Let me know what you guys want. My stores are stacked with 360 games, except Infinite discovery. I didn't realize the 007 game was the t-shirt edition, so I have to go back out.[/QUOTE]
let me know if you come up on Silent Hill.

[quote name='dpac']I know it's late to ask, but did anyone manage to grab an extra 360 SC4 he'd be willing to sell?[/quote]

I will be on the look out (sent a PM)

[quote name='Blackout']I'm interested in the 007 game for 360 and Too Human. Did they have those? If you could get those for me (or anyone for that matter), I can get them off of your hands at the next meet up. Thanks.[/quote]

I just got back from BB. No 007 on ANY system or any version. I wanted a t-shirt. No too human either (they didn't have it this morning either).

[quote name='jalopez86']let me know if you come up on Silent Hill.[/quote]

I wish I would have saw your post before I left. They had 1 copy of SH (they had at least 20 this morning) that I was going to buy in case anyone wanted it. My gut told me to buy it and I left it.

The Golf Mill Best Buy was basically ransacked. I picked up a copy of Hellboy for PS3 cuz my bro likes the movies. Still think it'll be horrible. I thought it was funny that the QOS bundle was $10, but the game alone was still $30 or whatever it was. What a gyp.

I have everyone's wants written down, so I will check out BB tomorrow to see what I can find. I am looking for Infinite Undiscovery if anyone can find an extra one or 007 with tee on PS3.

[quote name='slowdive21']I will be on the look out (sent a PM)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking. The North Side BBs are pretty much cleaned out, at least of SC4 for the 360, so any help you can give would be appreciated (and considered a very pleasant surprise).

[quote name='slowdive21']I have everyone's wants written down, so I will check out BB tomorrow to see what I can find. I am looking for Infinite Undiscovery if anyone can find an extra one or 007 with tee on PS3.[/quote]

Thanks! Lemme know if you're able to scoop up the two I mentioned (or Bourne Conspiracy for 360) and like I said I'll get them at the meet up or something. I'm going to hit up more BBs later in the week, but I think they all will be cleaned out by then. I'll be on the look out for Soul Cal dpac. ;)

[quote name='Blackout']I'll be on the look out for Soul Cal dpac. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the consideration, Blackout! If slowdive can find me a copy tomorrow, however, I'll definitely let you know.

I know I'm like super-late but if anyone managed to snag extra copies of Soul Calibur 4 (360) please let me know. I would throw in a little extra money.

I was out of town in Champaign for the weekend and went to the nearest BB there at around 11:30AM but since that is mostly a college town, all the good games were gone. By the time I got back to Chicago, I didn't even bother checking the BBs here since I assumed that most of them were picked clean.

I hit another BB a few minutes ago and no luck. The guy said Too Human has been gone for weeks. SH was gone as well as SCIV and 007. I have 2 more stores I am going to try to hit this week. I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Does anyone know the radio station in Chicago (or Illinois for that matter) that plays Old Time Radio (the stories, etc etc). I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know?

[quote name='Blackout']Does anyone know the radio station in Chicago (or Illinois for that matter) that plays Old Time Radio (the stories, etc etc). I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know?[/quote]

NPR maybe? You could try emailing them too, or going through the links at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Time_Radio

[quote name='dfg']NPR maybe? You could try emailing them too, or going through the links at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Time_Radio[/quote]

What is This American Life? Is that stories or something? The reason I ask what station plays that Old Time Radio is because I have a final tomorrow and for extra credit on the test, you just have to find which station plays that stuff in Chicago.

Hey guys, long time CAG member, 1st time forum poster. Just want to say hi to eveyone and hope to make a contribution here.

If anyone is looking for a SFIV TE stick for the X360, the Game Crazy at Lake in the Hills have one in stock as of 5:30 PM. I'm sure if you call ahead of time, they will hold it for you.

Nice meeting all of u guys!

[quote name='SakBee']Where do u guys meet up usually and how often?[/quote]

I can answer the second part: "not often enough".:D

We may try and do a lakefront cook-out when the weather gets nicer. Or even at a park that is accessible for most.

We have a few minors, so the bar meet-ups are usually attended by only the seniors of the group.

When's the next meet up happening? Seems like we've been talking about it for months! :)

Quick heads up that the Brickyard Gamestop has some of the recent penny guides, most hard to find.

Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance 2
Prince of Persia Hardcover CE (these aren't on the rotating rack but on another to the right of the registers.)
Mirror's Edge Hardcover

This store is usually impossible to get penny guides from - I had luck today by buying a couple of games along with 1 each of the PoP & ME guides.

Also, this store still has a copy of Valkyria Chronicles in the game day sale bin - at $30 these went fast all over and I think next week GS will start dropping the price even more. If you have a PS3, you should own this game.

Hope this helps - Seems like a lot of Chicago CAGs are out that way.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Quick heads up that the Brickyard Gamestop has some of the recent penny guides, most hard to find.

Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance 2
Prince of Persia Hardcover CE (these aren't on the rotating rack but on another to the right of the registers.)
Mirror's Edge Hardcover

This store is usually impossible to get penny guides from - I had luck today by buying a couple of games along with 1 each of the PoP & ME guides.

Also, this store still has a copy of Valkyria Chronicles in the game day sale bin - at $30 these went fast all over and I think next week GS will start dropping the price even more. If you have a PS3, you should own this game.

Hope this helps - Seems like a lot of Chicago CAGs are out that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks on the info I picked up three out of four (no mirror edge).

bread's done
Back