It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have an extra The World Ends With You (DS) guide? I don't know when this one was pennied out.

[quote name='Blackout']Does anyone have an extra The World Ends With You (DS) guide? I don't know when this one was pennied out.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't have that one. Amazon says it is from 2008, but I don't remember even seeing it before.

[quote name='pezmanmike']Hey has anyone ever been to Game Pazzo in Downers Grove? I drive past it every day on my way to work in Oak Brook, and just now decided to look it up.

They buy/sell/trade but apparently you can also "rent" spots to try games. There's also food/bar (unsure if alcohol), tournaments, a music stage, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand why you would open a place like this, it's just console and PC games. If it had arcade cabinets I would understand but it's just consoles and PC's, I don't get it! :whistle2:| Yes, you can be social while gaming in this place but couldn't you just do this at your house?

I'll be missing the tournaments on Friday but I'm still going Saturday. My friends can only swing Saturday or Sunday and I'm not missing the bears game so Saturday it is.

Always a fun time at Galloping Ghost again today. Broke my own Puzzle Fighter house record, my friend also broke the SFII Turbo record once again. New games up and running since I was there a few weeks ago, more classics, Spy Hunter, Asteroids, and Popeye. Good stuff.

Also, I have an extra Fable 3 Collectors Edition I grabbed from a Best Buy, not sure if my brother is gonna want it or not, so I'm taking offers for trade, if anyone is interested.

[quote name='bigsick']I might stop at the arcade tonight for the first time. mro do you know if there were any more copies left? Which best buy.[/QUOTE]

I hit the store on North Ave, but they only had 2 copies last Wedesnday, so I grabbed them both.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Whoa, whoa, whoa....what is this, and where?[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_(Coca-Cola)

I grabbed drive-thru at the Wendy's in Niles on Golf, and I got a coupon for a free Freestyle Coke w/ purchase of their new fries. I went back later that week and tried out the machine. I tried all the different "regular" Cokes they had. I liked the lime one; I remember when that was out years ago.

Here's a list of IL locations:

http://www.facebook.com/cocacolafreestyle?sk=app_10339498918#IL890

[quote name='dfg']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_(Coca-Cola)

I grabbed drive-thru at the Wendy's in Niles on Golf, and I got a coupon for a free Freestyle Coke w/ purchase of their new fries. I went back later that week and tried out the machine. I tried all the different "regular" Cokes they had. I liked the lime one; I remember when that was out years ago.

http://www.facebook.com/cocacolafreestyle?sk=app_10339498918#IL890[/QUOTE]

I'm trying it in Tinley tomorrow.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thank you for coming to the Galloping Ghost Arcade. I know several of you asked for more multiplayer games, and just wanted to let you know I just finished setting up SUNSET RIDERS - 4 Player! Always great talking with you CAG members when you stop by, and hope to see you soon! And this week if you come in and say you are from CAG I can give you $3 off admission. Thanks again - Doc

[quote name='dfg']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_(Coca-Cola)

http://www.facebook.com/cocacolafreestyle?sk=app_10339498918#IL890[/QUOTE]

I hit Moe's in Schaumburg. Half Orange Coke + Half Vanilla Coke = Epic Creamsicle Coke

Went nuts before I left and put all the fruity Cokes in one cup...tasted like Dr. Pepper.

As a side note, the same Moe's is giving away burritos tomorrow after 3 p.m. One freebie per customer.

I don't like these machines. Some of them work fine, others times I get what tastes like a black club soda... (i.e. Quizno's on Halsted by UIC) (don't remember if it was a coke or pepsi machines)

Been traveling around Chicago land visiting several best buy looking for fable 3 collectors ed. Anyone here willing to sell? And also mass effect 2 CE

[quote name='ryosnk']Anyone know were to buy sanwa parts for a sega astro city machine?[/QUOTE]

I was gonna swap out the joystick on my SF4 TE stick but never got around to it, but I was looking around here. Wouldn't hurt to contact Doc at Galloping Ghost also, he may have extra parts or can direct you to a supplier as well. He used to help others out with repairs in the past but I know his time is more limited with the arcade open now.

I actually have a large order of Sanwa stuff on the way in. Should be here sometime this week. What are you looking for?

[quote name='ryosnk']Anyone know were to buy sanwa parts for a sega astro city machine?[/QUOTE]

In case any of you guys want to take advantage of the K-Mart deals this week, the K-Mart at the HIP has several copies left of Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2. They also have a few PSP-3000s left.

I was wondering if any CAGs in the area has seen BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on clearance at Best Buy? Still full price at Downers Grove (Butterfield) and Addison. In addition, any shops that still have Hexyz Force for PSP?

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I was wondering if any CAGs in the area has seen BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on clearance at Best Buy? Still full price at Downers Grove (Butterfield) and Addison. In addition, any shops that still have Hexyz Force for PSP?[/QUOTE]

Hey I just saw your PM and figured I'd reply here for everyone's benefit.
I may have made a mistake when I posted about it before, but the game on clearance at my Best Buy was BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, AKA: the first BlazBlue.

The 2nd game is still full price ($39.99). BUT it's only $29.99 @ Gamestop and on Amazon, if that helps.

A couple other games went on clearance (@ Best Buy) recently:

PS3/360 - Rogue Warrior - $9.99
360 - Chronicles of Riddick - $8.99

My door is also blocked by snow, but I can open it enough that I would be able to un-obstruct the passage.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Hey I just saw your PM and figured I'd reply here for everyone's benefit.
I may have made a mistake when I posted about it before, but the game on clearance at my Best Buy was BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, AKA: the first BlazBlue.

The 2nd game is still full price ($39.99). BUT it's only $29.99 @ Gamestop and on Amazon, if that helps.

A couple other games went on clearance (@ Best Buy) recently:

PS3/360 - Rogue Warrior - $9.99
360 - Chronicles of Riddick - $8.99[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. Thanks for the update. I also already have Calamity Trigger. That just leaves me to see if I have to resort to heading into a Chicago GameStop for Hexyz Force. I wonder if any still have a sealed copy? I could have sworn seeing it somewhere else. A K-Mart or a Meijer I believe....

Quick everyone, get out to the stores! The clearance is the best it's ever been in history, and everyone has better than Black Friday doorbusters!!!!

Not really, but if you wanna trudge though the arctic out there, go right ahead. I was able to clean half my car off today, but the street side will have to wait for a plow, because the street itself is up to my waist. No use burying myself on that side to get the snow off and then have a plow put it all back, especially since I can't drive down the street anyway.

If anyone is interested in pre C2E2 Shows (not really official but comic shows that are before that one) there are two coming up

1. WINTER CON 2
Feb. 12th – 13th
20 Plus Creators over 2 Days
Free Admission
1530 Montrose, Chicago IL
http://www.chicagocomicvault.com/2011/01/winter-con-2-chicago’s-only-free-comic-book-convention/

a week after is the second one

2. Dan Con 2011
Sunday, Feb 20, 2011
10 am - 4pm
Orland Park Civic Center in Orland Park, IL
Admission $2
http://dancon2011.blogspot.com/

I will be attending both on sunday.

[quote name='bigsick']If anyone is interested in pre C2E2 Shows (not really official but comic shows that are before that one) there are two coming up

1. WINTER CON 2
Feb. 12th – 13th
Free Admission
http://www.chicagocomicvault.com/2011/01/winter-con-2-chicago’s-only-free-comic-book-convention/

[/QUOTE]

Huh. I drive past that place every day on my way to work and from the outside it doesn't look big enough to host an event. Deceptive!

Any watch the Chicago Code last night? I thought it wasn't too bad for a start but it seemed to laid back for a show that was pinned to be very serious.

[quote name='bigsick']If anyone is interested in pre C2E2 Shows (not really official but comic shows that are before that one) there are two coming up

1. WINTER CON 2
Feb. 12th – 13th
Free Admission

a week after is the second one

2. Dan Con 2011
Sunday, Feb 20, 2011
10 am - 4pm
Orland Park Civic Center in Orland Park, IL
Admission $2
http://dancon2011.blogspot.com/

I will be attending both on sunday.[/QUOTE]

I also saw this on on CL for the Cityfolk:

COLLECTIBLE COMIC SHOW

PORTAGE THEATER CHICAGO ILL

FEB 13TH 10.30 - $3

4050 N MILWAUKEE AVE 10.30 -9.00

[quote name='dfg']Huh. I drive past that place every day on my way to work and from the outside it doesn't look big enough to host an event. Deceptive![/QUOTE]

It isn't. I used a groupon there, and it was tiny.

[quote name='Josh5890']Any watch the Chicago Code last night? I thought it wasn't too bad for a start but it seemed to laid back for a show that was pinned to be very serious.[/QUOTE]
I think I've been spoiled by cop shows like "The Wire" & "The Shield". The opening sequence of the car chase was just plain silly. Seems like the network executives have their hands all over it which is too bad. It was fun to see the city, but not fun enough that I think it makes up for a lackluster show. On a related note, Justified starts up tonight on FX:bouncy:.

[quote name='52club']I think I've been spoiled by cop shows like "The Wire" & "The Shield". The opening sequence of the car chase was just plain silly. Seems like the network executives have their hands all over it which is too bad. It was fun to see the city, but not fun enough that I think it makes up for a lackluster show. On a related note, Justified starts up tonight on FX:bouncy:.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that could have made "The Shield" better is nudity. That show was close to perfect. It didn't need it, but that is the only thing I think they could have changed (if it was on another channel) to make it better.

The Wire was a masterpiece, I have The Shield on my backlist; I loved Olyphant in Deadwood, but after seeing him in The Crazies, I reevaluated my opinion of his acting ability. Is Justified worth watching?

One of you guys said you were looking for LOTR trilogy on blu-ray. I would be willing to trade my extra sealed copy for a StarCraft II CE (Target clearance).

hey guys; I have an extra copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition I found at Frys during my lunch our; I currently have it on ebay for a ton of money but would be willing to meet up somewhere to sell it to one of the CAG guys for 76.00 (which is 69.99 plus tax)

PM me if anyone is interested.

The BBV that's closing at Irving and (I believe) Kimball has shit for games. I didn't ask but I assume they shipped them to another location.

[quote name='dfg']The BBV that's closing at Irving and (I believe) Kimball has shit for games. I didn't ask but I assume they shipped them to another location.[/QUOTE]

Wow I had no idea that store was closing. I drive by it practically every day too. Then again, I don't remember the last time I was in a BBV.

bread's done
Back