It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've really been wanting to check out galloping ghost. They're doing a lot of good fighting game events. I might consier coming down for this meetup thing.

[quote name='jer7583']I've really been wanting to check out galloping ghost. They're doing a lot of good fighting game events. I might consier coming down for this meetup thing.[/QUOTE]

You should attend the meetup. I have meet some Chicago cags and all have been good people. Hope to see you there.

About a week out now. We should compile an official headcount and list of real names to turn in to the ghost to try for a discount. I dropped them a line a few weeks back, but it was right before their first anniversary and I didn't hear back. Also, I plan on getting there pretty early, around the time they open most likely. If anyone is on the fence because of transportation, I'm coming from Wrigleyville, so PM me if you want to carpool and don't mind staying for many hours. Also, don't forget to bring some stuff for trade!

If anyone's interested, I'm selling a Wii system (complete with boxes and everything) with a few games for $100. I didn't use the Wii much so everything is in great condition.

sorry for the late post, but I just found out I and my guest will not be able to make it to the GGA. sorry about that. I really wanted to attend too. Oh well maybe next time.

So it looks like I'm available to come this Saturday, but my potential guest would only be free after 5 P.M. What time would I need to arrive to stay on the CAG list, and how would this work for anyone coming later than that? Thanks for organizing, Matt!

Anybody know what Blockbuster in Chicago is doing the 5 for $20 BluRay Sale? A lot of my local Blockbusters (2 actually) closed. But I wouldn't mind driving.

[quote name='dpac']So it looks like I'm available to come this Saturday, but my potential guest would only be free after 5 P.M. What time would I need to arrive to stay on the CAG list, and how would this work for anyone coming later than that? Thanks for organizing, Matt![/QUOTE]

On the last meeting there was a list on the counter and I think I mentioned my CAG username and was giving the discount. You can arrive anytime I think. I'm probably showing up at noon.

Unfortunately I found out earlier today I won't be able to attend the meet up because of school obligations. Sorry guys. :cry:

[quote name='Blackout']Unfortunately I found out earlier today I won't be able to attend the meet up because of school obligations. Sorry guys. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Think I might also have to cancel due to unexpected work that's come up. I will likely be heading down 55 before noon, but I probably can't commit to the meet-up because of this. And I had a DQIX to trade, too! Matt, if you wanna PM me your phone number I could try contacting you if I have time Saturday, but it's not looking good. Maybe next time, Chicago CAGs....
:whistle2:(

Still will be there Saturday, no matter what. Their Budweiser Tapper machine is just about my favorite thing ever. Must....play....again....

[quote name='mrosnwo']Still will be there Saturday, no matter what. Their Budweiser Tapper machine is just about my favorite thing ever. Must....play....again....[/QUOTE]

I'll be there too.

So far it is:

weapon x
ryosnk +1
mrosnwo
me

I think we have a permanent CAG rate of $12 anytime we go.

Last time I was able to work out $10 because we had a bigger group.

I will probably be there about 1PM depending on Garage Sales, construction, and if I make some stops along the way.

I guess we can just tell them we have a $12 CAG rate. Hopefully someone there will know about it (if Doc is not present).

I called and Doc wasn't there, but the guy I talked to relayed the message to him, and then called me back with an answer. Doc will be there all day Saturday. $12 is what it is. The $10 thing the first time would've still stuck, but we would have needed to go regularly. Since we never kept going as a group, we basically aren't getting a hook up anymore. I can understand that. They have other groups that go every week even, so it doesn't look good on our part to expect anything special. I'm fine with it, and wouldn't mind paying full price even, so the $12 is good enough. Just mention CAG I guess.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I called and Doc wasn't there, but the guy I talked to relayed the message to him, and then called me back with an answer. Doc will be there all day Saturday. $12 is what it is. The $10 thing the first time would've still stuck, but we would have needed to go regularly. Since we never kept going as a group, we basically aren't getting a hook up anymore. I can understand that. They have other groups that go every week even, so it doesn't look good on our part to expect anything special. I'm fine with it, and wouldn't mind paying full price even, so the $12 is good enough. Just mention CAG I guess.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time on getting at least a discount. See you there.

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Hope everyone had a good time; one of these days I'll try to make it to one of these, and bring a trunk full of stuff to trade.

slowdive21, you're really paranoid about showing your face on the internet huh? LOL

Glad to see that you guys had a good time.

[quote name='CAG 79']slowdive21, you're really paranoid about showing your face on the internet huh? LOL

Glad to see that you guys had a good time.[/QUOTE]

Only when it is attached to this user id ;)

Plus I am not photogenic!

slowdive you might want to get that massive tumor on your head checked out. It could be deadly. :D

[quote name='slowdive21']Only when it is attached to this user id ;)

Plus I am not photogenic![/QUOTE]

I was looking forward to this year's "black-out." ;) Thanks for posting!

[quote name='Blackout']slowdive you might want to get that massive tumor on your head checked out. It could be deadly. :D[/QUOTE]

I do have a big head...

Here is my real face
Rocky_Dennis.jpg
for anyone who cares.

;)[quote name='slowdive21']I do have a big head...

Here is my real face
Rocky_Dennis.jpg
for anyone who cares.[/QUOTE]

Trust me guys, he wishes he looked that good. :lol:

Good seeing you guys again!

hey guys, I know it's not necessary game related, but has anyone hit up the borders sales in the burbs this week? I dropped by the borders in Aurora on Saturday and got some stuff at70% off

What do you guys think is a fair price for a New/SEALED 250 GB PS3?

I have a friend of a friend who wants to buy one that I picked up, but I don't know a reasonable price to charge for it.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']$275?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josh5890']I'd say anywhere between $260-$280 would be fair.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. :) I think I paid 245.xx plus tax on clearance, but I got the $100 GC form Target when I bought it. I was thinking $275 which is basically break even for the OOP expense. I just didn't know what was reasonable since it basically had a $50 MSRP drop. The cheapest sealed one on amazon was $330. After fees it would be $305, and shipping would probably be at least $15 with insurance/tracking. That would be about $290, so I figured $275 would be around what I was thinking.

I'm in Chicago too - just found this thread. I'm on the north side. Seems like deals in store are rarity these days though.

[quote name='pukadon']I'm in Chicago too - just found this thread. I'm on the north side. Seems like deals in store are rarity these days though.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the best community thread around.

Follow up on borders - I dropped by the one in Oakbrook last night, everything was 80-90% off. If i recall, Sci-fi and mystery were still at 80%, everything else was at 90% off. They had a few dvds left, but no blurays.

Man, I had no idea any of the Borders were still open.

Anyone get to the hhgregg openings today? I saw a circular for their doorbusters, but couldn't tell if there was any gaming stuff.

[quote name='dfg']Man, I had no idea any of the Borders were still open.

Anyone get to the hhgregg openings today? I saw a circular for their doorbusters, but couldn't tell if there was any gaming stuff.[/QUOTE]

I checked out hhgregg in norridge it was weak on game selection it was mostly just cheap old games.

Hmm...cheap old games aren't so bad, but it's the wrong time of the year for those, with all the good new stuff coming out. By cheap and old, I assume you mean something like 19.99 for platinum hits-like games. My cheap and old standards are usually Target clearence 4.98 for 6-12 month old games. I don't see a brand new store opening up with stuff like that. ;)

Oh yeah, and I concur, when's the next meet-up? LOL

bread's done
Back