It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']So when is the next meet up? ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrosnwo']
Oh yeah, and I concur, when's the next meet-up? LOL[/QUOTE]

If you are serious about that podcast, maybe we should try to meet at a different location. (I like the GGA, but it can be a little loud).

We could try to make more of a social/trading meet up if you guys are interested.

Didn't we meet at a pizza place a few years ago?

[quote name='slowdive21']If you are serious about that podcast, maybe we should try to meet at a different location. (I like the GGA, but it can be a little loud).

We could try to make more of a social/trading meet up if you guys are interested.

Didn't we meet at a pizza place a few years ago?[/QUOTE]

We meet up at Father and Son pizzeria in Chicago. Maybe meet at GGA, then go eat and trade/social , do podcast and then go back and game on some more.

[quote name='ryosnk']We meet up at Father and Son pizzeria in Chicago. Maybe meet at GGA, then go eat and trade/social , do podcast and then go back and game on some more.[/QUOTE]

GGA can be quite a way's away for some people; I'd be open to something closer to the city next time (or the time after that). Eating & relaxing's not a bad way to go.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of making my first trip to the Galloping Ghost sometime in October. I'm wondering how that atmosphere there is because I'll probably be coming with a small group and there may be a couple yonger people, (pre-high school) hanging with us. Does it get a little roudy during the evening or is it safe to bring the crew along at anytime? I'm looking at a saturday or sunday probably. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Josh5890']Hey guys, I'm thinking of making my first trip to the Galloping Ghost sometime in October. I'm wondering how that atmosphere there is because I'll probably be coming with a small group and there may be a couple yonger people, (pre-high school) hanging with us. Does it get a little roudy during the evening or is it safe to bring the crew along at anytime? I'm looking at a saturday or sunday probably. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Well no cub fans are allowed in......just kidding. I haven't been there after 5pm but the place before that time is quiet other then the game noise. The other day I saw a woman carrying her baby while all into Galaga so I guess it's family friendly. They have a nice selection of games and the people there are nice also. If you going with a decent size group maybe you can call for a discount and if not don't forget to mention CAG for $12 entry per person.

No worries, it's super friendly. Even at midnight on a tournament night, everyone was very nice and professional, including patrons. There wasn't even trash talking going on. Guys that got killed were given pep talks and pointers, not put down in anyway. The only groups of people there were groups of friends, no gangs or anything like that either. It's all good.

It's not like the arcades used top be with wankstas / gang members. As the others said it is fine for all ages. Plus Doc has a small arsenal of edge weapons in the back. :lol: (props from the game they are making)

[quote name='slowdive21']It's not like the arcades used top be with wankstas / gang members. As the others said it is fine for all ages. Plus Doc has a small arsenal of edge weapons in the back. :lol: (props from the game they are making)[/QUOTE]

The arcades I used to go too where nothing but assh

[quote name='slowdive21']It's not like the arcades used top be with wankstas / gang members. As the others said it is fine for all ages. Plus Doc has a small arsenal of edge weapons in the back. :lol: (props from the game they are making)[/QUOTE]

The arcades I used to go too where nothing but assholes and wankstas. I have been in fights just because I won in sf2 and I won also in the real fight. ;)

I vaguely remember how the crowd at Diversions transformed into that. And the days when you couldn't wear a hat in most arcades.

Thanks again for the info guys. I'm not too familiar with the area. Is there any food places in the area where I could grab a bite to eat and head back to play more?

[quote name='Josh5890']Thanks again for the info guys. I'm not too familiar with the area. Is there any food places in the area where I could grab a bite to eat and head back to play more?[/QUOTE]

McDonalds, Burger King, Mr. Submarine, Dominos, a bunch of chinese/mexican/pizza spots, and that's just on the same block of Ogden within a mile either way. There's more if you turn off on La Grange past it.

[quote name='mrosnwo']See ya later Ozzie![/QUOTE]

How dare you. Ozzie is the spirit of the team.

Now if Zambrano was let go, I would be a very happy man. :) I might only dislike the cubs rather than hate them.

In other Chicago news...last year before Halloween I met up with a fellow CAG and our thread OP at the Portage theater on Milwaukee for a double feature of Army of Darkness and the John Carpenter version of the Thing. This year, they are showing a triple feature on Oct 21 of another cult classic that I like a lot, Shaun of the Dead! Also, Dance of the Dead, followed by Demons, plus a bunch of horror themed shorts. There are also dealers in the lobby selling merch. Tickets are $10 advance or $12 at the door.
Also, the night before, Thursday the 20th, they are showing the 1920's silent Phantom of the Opera, with live organ player, $8 advance, $10 at the door.

But wait, there's more....2 blocks from my house at the famous Music Box theater, there is a 24 hour marathon on October 15 for $34, showing Halloween, From Dusk Till Dawn, Poltergeist, Pumpkinhead, Dr. Phibes and more. H.G. Lewis will be a guest star in attendence.

I will be at the 2 Portage shows most likely, but not sure about that marathon, that's kinda hardcore, so if anyone wants to check it out, let me know and we can make a meet-up out of it.

[quote name='mrosnwo']In other Chicago news...last year before Halloween I met up with a fellow CAG and our thread OP at the Portage theater on Milwaukee for a double feature of Army of Darkness and the John Carpenter version of the Thing. This year, they are showing a triple feature on Oct 21 of another cult classic that I like a lot, Shaun of the Dead! Also, Dance of the Dead, followed by Demons, plus a bunch of horror themed shorts. There are also dealers in the lobby selling merch. Tickets are $10 advance or $12 at the door.
Also, the night before, Thursday the 20th, they are showing the 1920's silent Phantom of the Opera, with live organ player, $8 advance, $10 at the door.

But wait, there's more....2 blocks from my house at the famous Music Box theater, there is a 24 hour marathon on October 15 for $34, showing Halloween, From Dusk Till Dawn, Poltergeist, Pumpkinhead, Dr. Phibes and more. H.G. Lewis will be a guest star in attendence.

I will be at the 2 Portage shows most likely, but not sure about that marathon, that's kinda hardcore, so if anyone wants to check it out, let me know and we can make a meet-up out of it.[/QUOTE]

Last years showings at portage were great but not feeling this years line up. Shaun of the dead is the only movie that interest me. The marathon seems solid but like you said it's hardcore.

[quote name='mrosnwo']In other Chicago news...last year before Halloween I met up with a fellow CAG and our thread OP at the Portage theater on Milwaukee for a double feature of Army of Darkness and the John Carpenter version of the Thing. This year, they are showing a triple feature on Oct 21 of another cult classic that I like a lot, Shaun of the Dead! Also, Dance of the Dead, followed by Demons, plus a bunch of horror themed shorts. There are also dealers in the lobby selling merch. Tickets are $10 advance or $12 at the door.

I will be at the 2 Portage shows most likely, but not sure about that marathon, that's kinda hardcore, so if anyone wants to check it out, let me know and we can make a meet-up out of it.[/QUOTE]

We should see the Human Centipede 2 at the Music Box Theatre

After suffering and enduring the nightmare of Human Centipede part 1 on netflix instant, I don't think you could pay me to see part 2. The idea behind it made me laugh in a sick and twisted way, but the end result was excruciating. I kinda wish it just didn't take itself so serious and was more campy, but it went the Hostel route and just had pain and suffering on top of pain and suffering(for me the viewer as well). I can't even imagine what kind of meeting took place where people decided to green light this thing. Yeah, let's make a whole movie out of people sewed together ass to mouth.

Just an FYI, tomorrows Portage Theater lineup now features American Werewolf in London, in addition for Shaun of the Dead, Dance of the Dead, and Demons. I'm probably going for Shaun, then AWiL, I'll see how Dance is at first to determine whether I stay or not, but I'm gone before Demons(it starts at like 1am).

anyone know a good place for a YLOD PS3 repair in or around the city? I trust CAG a bit more than I trust the random craigslist ads, haha.

[quote name='stewie75']anyone know a good place for a YLOD PS3 repair in or around the city? I trust CAG a bit more than I trust the random craigslist ads, haha.[/QUOTE]

Chicago Gadgets on Kedzie and Wilson. They fixed my RLOD but they also repair YLOD.

So Chicago CAGs, where are the Halloween parties this Saturday?

Livingsocial.com had a "pay $10 for $20 giftcard" for Gorilla Games the other day. I work right by the one in Yorktown Mall so I bit. Pretty sure it's for used games only, anyone bought there before? I'm second guessing my purchase if I'm going to get some ratty incomplete games with scratched discs.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Livingsocial.com had a "pay $10 for $20 giftcard" for Gorilla Games the other day. I work right by the one in Yorktown Mall so I bit. Pretty sure it's for used games only, anyone bought there before? I'm second guessing my purchase if I'm going to get some ratty incomplete games with scratched discs.[/QUOTE]

eh, Gamefly has become my stop for used games. Their deals lately have been unmatched.

Gotta admit, even though the Bears have problems, they are winning against the teams that they need to. They are in good shape right now for the playoffs, if not at least staying alive until the end of the season. A win against detroit would really put us in good shape.

[quote name='Josh5890']Gotta admit, even though the Bears have problems, they are winning against the teams that they need to. They are in good shape right now for the playoffs, if not at least staying alive until the end of the season. A win against detroit would really put us in good shape.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I completely agree. The best part is the O-Line is playing fantastic the last 3 games. I knew if the O-Line protected Cutler, Jay would make plays to keep us in games and that is what he has done. This game is going to be huge against Detroit, but the way the Bears have been playing and since they are at home I really like our chances. BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Just want to check if anyone is interested into COD: MW 3 hardened for 360 brand new for local picking in chicago area, $115. It was an impluse buy and want to see if anyone want it and to made it worse I lost my receipt so I can't return it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone's interested the Blockbuster Video I work at is having a MW3 tournament next Saturday at 3:00. Winners get unlimited rentals for 3 (or possibly 6) months.

It's at the Lockport Blockbuster on 159th street just off of 355.

[quote name='sweepy76']BEARS win, YAH!!!!! Cutlers probably out for the rest of the season, BOO!!!! Season is over, AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!:wall:[/QUOTE]

Dude the bears went to the super bowl with Rex Grossman. It's the defense and special teams that hopefully takes them to the same place like it did that year.

[quote name='ryosnk']Dude the bears went to the super bowl with Rex Grossman. It's the defense and special teams that hopefully takes them to the same place like it did that year.[/QUOTE]

Forte will help a lot.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Forte will help a lot.[/QUOTE]

He will but defenses will now focus on stopping Forte and will see if Haine can beat them.

[quote name='ryosnk']Dude the bears went to the super bowl with Rex Grossman. It's the defense and special teams that hopefully takes them to the same place like it did that year.[/QUOTE]

True but they also lost that super bowl so they are going to need a solid quarterback to win IF they can get there! Hopefully Haine can pull it off!

[quote name='sweepy76']True but they also lost that super bowl so they are going to need a solid quarterback to win IF they can get there! Hopefully Haine can pull it off![/QUOTE]

Let's see how creative Martz can be. Go BEARS!!!

Anyone going out early for the Friday deals?

[quote name='ryosnk']Let's see how creative Martz can be. Go BEARS!!!

Anyone going out early for the Friday deals?[/QUOTE]

Not me. I am as broke as a homeless man so I'm not touching any deals. This may be a blessing since I overspend every year.

Hey Chicagoans!!! The Target on Broadway in Uptown has the most insane amout of clearance video games RIGHT NOW. 2 FULL endcaps, hundreds of games. I walked out with these at 10:30 last night:

Xbox 360-
Splinter cell Conviction - 5.98
HAWX 2 - 5.98
Hunted - 8.98
Harry Potter deathly hallows - 5.48
Prince of persia forgotten sands - 5.48
Trials HD/Limbo/ms splosion man - 8.98

PS3 -
Thor - 9.98
Spider Man Shattered Dimensions - 14.98
Lord of the rings Aragorns Quest - 7.98

There were TONS of games for every platform, i felt like i found the clearance holy grail. The most expensive games I saw were 14.98. most stuff was 5.98 & 9.98 Going back for more in a few.

^That's weird. I was there earlier this week (work nearby) and saw squat. Just missed it!

The Broncos cut Orton. Maybe we could bring him back. PFFFFCHKKK

bread's done
Back