It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
This could really be like 2006 again for the Bears. Use Orton to hold down the fort till the playoffs, kick him to the curb when the starter gets healthy, go to the super bowl. Although I hear the Texans might get him(I think they're a higher waiver claim).

And the winner is....Josh McCown. :bs:

The real winner is...Caleb Hanie. Come on 4-2, or at worst, 3-3. Hopefully that will be enough to get to Cutler and the playoffs.

[quote name='ryosnk']Hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving.

Anyone been able to get in on the psn plus at target for $15?[/QUOTE]

I'll see what I can do. I have to pick up my best buy order and target is down the road.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'll see what I can do. I have to pick up my best buy order and target is down the road.[/QUOTE]

If you get another an extra one for sale let me know. Thanks.

Chicago CAGs.

So I had to fix my PS3 over the RLOD issue. I gotta sell it and get a slim version. I'm gonna put it up on craigslist. What's a good asking price for it? It's an 80GB with 4-usb ports and backwards compatible model.

Any takers here?

[quote name='D_Icon']Chicago CAGs.

So I had to fix my PS3 over the RLOD issue. I gotta sell it and get a slim version. I'm gonna put it up on craigslist. What's a good asking price for it? It's an 80GB with 4-usb ports and backwards compatible model.

Any takers here?[/QUOTE]

If it needs to be fixed, then you should be able to get $75-$85 for it, as long as you say in the listing that it needs approx. $100 in repairs

[quote name='CandyCaptain']Hey does anyone here on how bad Forte might be injured, or how long he'll be out? (Chicago guy lol)

Any who might be interested in going to the C2E2 show in April, the early bird pricing discounts are only good till 12/31. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a reminder.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Any who might be interested in going to the C2E2 show in April, the early bird pricing discounts are only good till 12/31. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a reminder.[/QUOTE]

It says they have group discounts for 10 or more tickets...I wonder how much the discount is? My, bro, Dad, and I buy 3 tickets right there. I am pretty sure ryosnk goes as well as mrosnwo.

[quote name='ryosnk']I haven't gone to a comic convention Since 2009. Which con is better wizard world or this one?[/QUOTE]

C2E2 is basically what Wizard World used to be 6 years ago. If you are really into autographs , go to Wizard World. If you are into toys, comics, movies, etc, I would go to C2E2. (sorry I thought you were one of the regulars. Maybe I was thinking of weaponx?)

[quote name='slowdive21']C2E2 is basically what Wizard World used to be 6 years ago. If you are really into autographs , go to Wizard World. If you are into toys, comics, movies, etc, I would go to C2E2. (sorry I thought you were one of the regulars. Maybe I was thinking of weaponx?)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I collect comics and toys still but never had a chance to go to c2e2 and wizard world to me is blah.

If I go I would probably take my son (3 years) to his first comic con. time to start thinking on his cosplay. :)

[quote name='slowdive21']*********Best buy deals are live again Infamous 2 Hero 24.99[/QUOTE]

Second day in a row I missed out at best buy. Kirby yesterday and Infamous today. :(

Yeah, seems to be the "hot" time to check best buy is between 2-3am. I missed a couple, but I got a couple. Too many games, not enough cash.

And yeah, c2e2 is my preferred show now as well. More about comics, toys, video games, etc. Wizard is a celebrity fest now. It was cool seeing Bruce Campbell last year, but aside from that, it's gone down hill. However, they announced Bruce is back next year, as is Shatner(although he was awful 2 years ago). So are some True Blood people. See, 8+ months out and they're trying to book as many actors as they can already. I prefer the cool exhibits on display at c2e2, however.

I've got myself and maybe 5 others going to c2e2 but not for the whole weekend just probably Saturday. How much are the tix discounted for 10 people?

Edit: looks like the max is 10 tickets and they come out to 15 dollars each. I believe they charge tax on top of that though

^ My daughter's been there, but I haven't. I've always assumed it's like charging admission to a store, but I could be wrong. Check the yelp.com comments.

So I'm at Golf Mill today, and waiting for my wife to finish getting her eyebrows done, and I stumble across an arcade in one end. I had no clue there was one and I've been going there for years (mostly for the movie theatre and occasionally GameStop). Lots of nostalgia with the cabinet selection but it's empty except for me and the three guys at the counter with their backs turned, playing Left 4 Dead. XD

Anyone interested in a new MadCatz Wireless steering wheel for xbox 360? I posted it on Craigslist but if a CAG in the Schaumburg area wants it I can sell it cheaper.

I just got it today from an Xbox Live contest but not really a big fan of racing games.

[quote name='akilshohen']any place in the city that repairs 360's well?[/QUOTE]
I would say VideoGames Etc (listed in OP). It's a nice shop for finding older games and they do a hefty amount of repairs last time I checked too. I haven't had a 360 repaired, but I did get a PS2 repaired many years ago and the service was fast and relatively affordable.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

[quote name='yodawgyo']Anyone interested in a new MadCatz Wireless steering wheel for xbox 360? I posted it on Craigslist but if a CAG in the Schaumburg area wants it I can sell it cheaper.

I just got it today from an Xbox Live contest but not really a big fan of racing games.[/QUOTE]

Pm what your asking price for the steering wheel.

I had my Vectrex fixed at Videogames Etc and it was affordable so I would also recommend checking that place out.

[quote name='ryosnk'] I had my Vectrex fixed at Videogames Etc and it was affordable so I would also recommend checking that place out.[/QUOTE]

WOW, Vectrex!!!! I remember playing with one of those when I was a kid!!!! Is that one you always had or did you buy it later on?

[quote name='sweepy76']WOW, Vectrex!!!! I remember playing with one of those when I was a kid!!!! Is that one you always had or did you buy it later on?[/QUOTE]

I bought it used for $50 around 2004. I never knew anyone that had one and I always wanted one cause it looked cool.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals! And lets meet up after the holidays and swap all the cool stuff you guys hoarded...err, collected. :D

[quote name='slowdive21'] I hope you all had a good festivus![/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the airing of grievances, my favorite time of year! And once again, the reigning feats of strength champion!

It's a Xmas Miracle! I just signed up/connected my PS3 to PSN...only took me 4 years to do it. Same ID if anyone is looking to kill me virtually.

Ok, we should start planning for the next meetup. I enjoy going to galloping ghost but I don't feel we communicate that much together or do trades/selling items as a group. My first meetup was at bakers square even though there were only five CAGs meeting up that day we chatted for hours and did alot of trades.

I suggest maybe having a BBQ at a park this year and just chill as a group with verbal interaction, play some portable games, trade games and maybe play some softball.

[quote name='ryosnk']

I suggest maybe having a BBQ at a park this year and just chill as a group with verbal interaction, play some portable games, trade games and maybe play some softball.[/QUOTE]

Would this all be done through Steam? Just kidding. I am a suburbanite, so I'll keep watch for upcoming events. Though I probably won't go. But the softball sounds fun.

What suburb you stay at? In the meetups we have had people from suburbs join. So if your interested on joining us on any meetup don't be shy.

Hey all...been on CAG for a while but just heard about this thread so I thought I'd come in and say hi. Living in Arlington Heights right now but grew up in Northbrook, both suburbs north of the city.

bread's done
Back