It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Wasted $65 on WrestleMania Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='benjamouth']:rofl:

Sexy Cringer ?[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same thing.. but then I realized I'd look like a pervert for wanting to fuck a cat. :(

Don't gush too much over the Dean Ambrose/Foley video:

As seen yesterday, we posted a video of FCW standout Dean Ambrose confronting Mick Foley at a hotel in Miami during WrestleMania 28 weekend.

The exchange was apparently arranged by WWE. We don't know if it will be used for something when Ambrose comes to the main roster or if it's some kind of FCW angle. We do know that WWE writer Ed Koskey was watching the whole thing and taking notes.

[quote name='Scorch']Consider the awesome Raw last night.. And go ahead and mentally compare it to next week's Raw, which will feature the new three stooges as guest hosts.[/QUOTE]
You mean the dudes from the new movie or 3 random WWE Superstars?:lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']A couple of people were complaining about using MGK and Flo Rida at WM28. I'm not one of them. I'll credit WWE for not being 7 years behind the pop culture curve here for a change. It's not my demographic (even if I like MGK), but this is pop culture currently. At least part of it.

We often malign WWE for getting musicians, television stars, film actors - when they rebound from the bottom of their career. It's like big star, then drug habit, then no jobs for three years, then fans no longer care, then TMZ commenters say "who?", then rehab, then a few straight to video releases, then WWE. They bucked that trend here.

It's easy to say "well, it's not fair that these guys got all that time and Bryan/Sheamus got 18 seconds." But that's not the whole story. They could have cut any amount of time from the program. It was a 4-hour show, complete with video packages, elaborate entrances, comedy bits, etc.

You know what I could have done without? Triple H's He-Man entrance. Dude came to the ring out of an inflatable castle grayskull. He's a grown man. Come on. If they had dressed up Stephanie as Cringer, maybe I'd be okay with it.[/QUOTE]Don't go around saying that or we'll get another Masters of the Universe movie even worse than the Dolph Lundgren one. That was pretty ridiculous though, but then think about their target audience. If I were 10 again and saw that I would have flipped.

wwe-raw-20120403012103428.gif

A familiar face is headed to Ring of Honor..

2n1idn9.jpg

Ring of Honor officials held a private press conference on Monday April 2nd in Baltimore and one of the major things that came out of it, something we are extremely excited to announce, is that negotiations have been finalized with one of the most respected wrestlers who has ever set foot in the ring, a near 40-year veteran of the ring wars, to make his ROH debut when we return to Toronto on May 12th!

After much fan demand, and weeks of back-and-forth talks, “The Belfast Bruiser” Fit Finlay comes to Ring of Honor just in time for “Border Wars” at The Ted Reeve Arena! One of the toughest men in the sport, Finlay is as world traveled a wrestler as you are likely to find, has competed against the best competition across decades, won championships everywhere, and now wants to come to ROH to fight the best of the best of today’s crop of athletes.

It has yet to be determined who Finlay will face on May 12th so keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com as well as our official Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts for all the latest news about our live events. In the meantime, make sure you head to the ROH Store and pick up your tickets right here for our long awaited return to Toronto & the great Ted Reeve Arena!!!

Also, make sure you check out "Ring of Honor Wrestling" TV this weekend for more details on what other huge news came out of that private press conference. Click here to see if ROH airs in your area.

Former WWE performer Maven Huffman was arrested in Florida on Monday on charges of doctor shopping (using multiple doctors) to obtain prescriptions to controlled substances. This practice is against state law.

Authorities allege that Huffman was using three Florida doctors to obtain prescriptions to Oxycodone and Hydrocone, drawing an estimated 1,000 pills. Huffman, who is 35 years old, was released on $2,000 bond. He faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted of doctor shopping.

Huffman competed in the first season of WWE’s Tough Enough reality series, which he co-won with Nidia Guenard. He competed for the organization from 2001 to 2005, which included three reigns as Hardcore Champion. Following his departure from WWE, he became a guest expert on the Home Shopping Network.

[quote name='Chase']
I will be an incredibly happy wrasslin fan the day the "What" chant dies. I sparingly use the word "hate"—and I hated that chant the first day and have hated it ever since. It's the second-worst anything to happen to pro wrestling, including Vince Russo. Only thing that tops it is the Invasion angle/death of WCW.[/QUOTE]
The "What" chant has outstayed it's welcome. That I can definitely agree on.

But if the WWE were not so impatient and actually very slowly built the Invasion storyline they could've had something truly great on their hands there. But at the time they simply rushed the idea. Had they taken at least a couple more months it might've worked out better. That was actually the angle/storyline that made me stop watching on a regular basis just by how badly they fucked it up.:whistle2:#

I lost interest with the brand split (didn't watch again until after WrestleMania 20), but then almost completely stopped with the Benoit murders. The business doesn't have the same magic to me anymore.

The only way that could be better would be if there was an embarrassing blooper to go with it. Like him spilling cat litter on himself or something.:lol:

that was probably the grossest thing I've seen in a non necrobutcher match. Seriously dude, drooling on your opponent?

Wrestlemania this year was solid proof of most of whats wrong with the WWE today.

Dark match: Primo and Epico (with Rosa Mendes) defeated Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd and The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) - First of all why have a championship match as a dark match? I know the WWE doesnt give a shit about tag teams now, but if you are going to put them in Wrestlemania just have them as the opening match. A nice small match to start the show. Also how about some build up, background, or really anything for this match.

1. Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan (c) (with AJ) - As the title of this post says this one match ruined WM28 for me. Having seen Daniel Bryan in ROH and the DVD he did before the WWE, he is without a doubt one of the most talented WRESTLERS in the WWE. And since the WWE hates wrestlers they jobbed him out to Sheamus. I am not saying that Sheamus didnt deserve to win the belt, just not that way. I have no respect for him or the belt now. I hope he loses it in a month to really show how worthless that belt is. Bryan deserves better and so did the fans.

2. Kane defeated Randy Orton - This was actually a good match considering that Kane is an over the hill big man. The only thing that surprised me was that Kane won. Usually veteran talent is there to put over the current talent. I'm not saying that he couldn't win I'm just surprised he did. The story however was poorly put together and pretty much a rush job after Wade Barret got injured.

3. Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes (c) - A great example of poor story writing here. As far as i can tell this came from the Battle Royal that got Santino into the Elimination Chamber. Show eliminated Cody and in retaliation Cody helped eliminate Show. Might have been another battle royal but I'm sure that's how it got started. Then out of no where Cody interrupts Shows matches to embarrass him....why? So this whole thing is poorly dragged out until Teddy Long grants Show a match for the IC championship. Again, WHY? Why is this title being used this way? First you had Booker T get 3 shots at it when everyone knew he wasn't going to win it, then its basically undefended or its uses for jobber fodder. Cody could have been the greatest IC champion of all time! He was on pace for beating the Honky Tonk Mans record, he brought back the old style belt, he is young, talented and a great heel. However they never had him legitimately defend it.
So Big Show wins a match that he shouldn't have and cody goes back to mid card hell.

4. Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos defeated Beth Phoenix and Eve - Ahh the Divas. First of All a little Wrestlmania History, celebrities in wrestling matches always win. That being said the result was not a surprise nor was the poor display in the ring. The Divas division is basically a joke with most of their matches averaging out to one and a half minutes. The real talent Natalya and Beth get pushed over for Kelly Kelly and Eve would couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag. A match that would have been a dark match if not for the random celebrity.

5. The Undertaker defeated Triple H - Ok this was a great match, not really wrestling, but more of an Attitude Era brawl. If it was not for the stupid PG rating WWE is in now this would have been a bloody match, but as it was this was great. It had drama, and the classic undertaker ending. Also the show of respect after was great. My only problem was the hype. This match was " The end of an Era". Who's and what era? Is the Undertaker Retiring? Is it the end of the Attitude Era? I thought that ended years ago? Is it the end of the HHH wrestling? Is it the end of HHH winning everything because he is married to the bosses daughter? What era ended? No, seriously what era ended because even after the match i don't know.

6. Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Drew McIntyre) (with John Laurinaitis, Vickie Guerrero and Brie Bella) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, and Booker T) (with Teddy Long, Hornswoggle, Eve, Nikki Bella and Aksana)

Ok this match should have been called we have no idea what to do but we want to cram as many people into a show that should be 5 hours and have less commercials. First of all this would have been a GREAT MATCH for the SURVIVOR SERIES, but nooo we have to shove this stupid idea into Wrestlemania. This would have worked if it had been given more time, or been an elimination match, but much like last years 6 man tag match was just a waste of time and talent. And on a side not WHY does the WWE keep shoving the Great Kahli at us like we give a shit. He can't wrestle or talk on the mic so what good is he? That being said the match was terrible and hey great idea to job out Zack Ryder.

7. CM Punk (c) defeated Chris Jericho - Next to the Daniel Bryan match this was the one i was most looking forward to at WM this year. Here are two great workers and this should have been a high flying fast paced match. Instead we got a good match but the pacing was off. Not what i was hoping for but wasn't the crap the Bryan match was. I will say though that the whole punks family problems angle really felt phoned in and last minute.

8. The Rock defeated John Cena - The most anticipated match in WWE history...really? I mean i love Cena but i never sat there and said who would win between Cena and the Rock, you know 2 icons of their time. I mean i get that the rock was an icon of the Attitude Era but Cena the current icon? There has NEVER been a face more hated in the history of WWE and why I still dont know. My Brother in law tries to tell me why but his reasons can apply to almost any one in the WWE. Having watched Cena matches this past year, and having watch the old Rock DVD i figured this match would be terrible, however its in my top 3 of the evening. The match was great however i could have done with out the 10 minute opening with both rappers singing their songs before the match. YAWN, just give me their music and send them out! Also following the match, which was won by the Celebrity the Rock(see diva match review), I was hoping for a Rock/Hogan style ending to help Cena get over with the crowd. Did we get that NOOOOOO because the Rocks Ego wouldn't allow it. It was all about him.

Overall i would give this years wrestlemania a C+. Poor story lines, shitty use of talented wrestlers, predictable outcomes for the most part, TOO many commercials, and poor backstage videos.

Also Brodus Clay...seriously what pictures does this guy have of Vince to not only still be in the WWE but to have a segment in Wrestlemania.

I will say that there were some bright spots,

1. Bringing back J.R. - I think everyone knew this was going to happen, but its good they gave us what we wanted if for just one match.

2. Michael Cole - I know most people who watch WWE will be surprised but Cole was Amazing on commentary. He was calling the matches, he would throw in a little bias here and there but was not overwhelming. I really hope they keep him this way. And his respect for J.R. and how well they worked together really showed how mature he can be.

The worst and most frustrating thing about Smackdown and Raw next week is going to be the company's and Vince's utter inability and unwillingness to capitalize on the awesomeness of last week. It's going to piss us all off. I know it. And I don't know if I want to put myself through that.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That gif needs a Brazzers logo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Clak']All those times JR said "slobberknocker", it finally happened.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Good job, you two.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Because fuck wrestling. We have to promote Deadliest Catch, The Today Show, some wigger 90% of the crowd never heard of, and The Rock's friend, that's why.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chase']Also, Sheamus is "homegrown"—regardless of the fact that he had something of a career in Europe—while Danielson is "an outsider" because he worked his ass off in the dwindling U.S. independents. Because fuck hard work and determination, if WWE didn't "make you" you're jobbing in 18 seconds.

Thankfully, Danielson is still making WWE money. Hopefully, that softens some stupid ass booking.

Somewhat of a blanket statement, but I'll run with it: If anyone puts this episode of Raw on blast, they should stop posting in these threads. I can be as cynical as the next tenured wrasslin fan, but this was a hot show. It's rare when we can actually enjoy WWE's product. So, enjoy it.

Diverticulitis ended Lesnar's MMA career, but he should be fine wrasslin semi-regularly for a year. It's not like he's going to be crazy and agree to do Ziggler-type spots. I wonder how much control Lesnar has over his booking. Can't imagine he'd agree to return if he's just jobbed out to SuperCena.

And we gotta get something Punk-Lesnar. That's an idea I'm just absolutely hyped to see. You'd have a former, legit fighter versus a wrassler who wishes he could be a fighter. I love that dynamic. The promos would be killer.[/QUOTE]
True. I forgot to respond to this, but what is jobbing exactly, anyway? I'm just confused why they couldn't have done like a 5-10 minute match, like what was the point of having it last mere seconds? I don't get it lol

Really? Jobbing is losing in prowrestling. A preplanned defeat.

The stated point from a few pages back was to help get the Brogue Kick over as a monster finishing move. I do agree that it was a terrible idea and it basically pissed away what could have been an amazing wrestling match.

EDIT - should've quoted him but this was for Millertime up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']Really? Jobbing is losing in prowrestling. A preplanned defeat.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious how that term came to be. Everyone is doing their job, so to speak, in wrestling - loser and winner alike. Maybe it's derivative of many wrestlers being told over the years "shut up, quit complaining, and just do your job." That kind of thing.

[quote name='Fatality']He hasn't wrestled for the WWE in 7 years ... but former superstar Maven Huffman is getting a helping hand from Vince McMahon ... after he learned the wrestler was arrested for an alleged prescription pill scam.

The WWE tells us ... the organization has already reached out to Maven to offer "rehab assistance" as part of the WWE’s Former Talent Rehab program.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/05/wwe-maven-huffman-rehab-drugs/#.T32xtNVqO6U[/QUOTE]

From the article:

As part of the WWE's policy, the organization will pay for 100% of any rehab or treatment program for former WWE wrestlers ... as long as the wrestler wants the help.

Maybe Vince isn't a robot after all.

[quote name='bhk']Maybe Vince isn't a robot after all.[/QUOTE]

The Rehab thing started as a PR move, like the Wellness Policy itself, after the Eddy death and Benoit items. They have secretly paid for "old friends" of certain guys, but it eventually became a policy after those things happened.

They also added the "Arrive. Yes. Yes. Yes. Leave." shirt to the overstock bin. I should be getting mine in the mail next week.

BSW was doing a free "YES! YES! YES!" shirt with any order a few weeks ago. I wish I'd have jumped on it then - it was a Twitter promotion, I guess.

Saw this on Bleacherreport.com regarding Martha Hart's lawsuit against the WWE being dismissed:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...we-dismissed-what-this-means-for-owens-legacy

Martha Hart sued WWE and McMahon in 2010 during her first run for the Senate, which the Republican lost to Democrat Richard Blumenthal. Hart said the company used the image of her late husband, Owen Hart, in videos and other materials without her permission and despite her objections.

Judge Stefan Underhill last week dismissed the claims against McMahon and her husband, Vince McMahon, and most claims against WWE. He said the company, which is based in Stamford and has formally changed its name from World Wrestling Entertainment to WWE, retained a right to Owen Hart's wrestling career.

Maybe now he can be inducted in the Hall of Fame and they can do a career documentary on him. Be awesome if they could get a Japanese match or two in it.

[quote name='HydroX']They also added the "Arrive. Yes. Yes. Yes. Leave." shirt to the overstock bin. I should be getting mine in the mail next week.[/QUOTE]

I am waiting for the WWE shop to release a shirt so some of the money actually goes to Daniel Bryan/Brian Danielson.

While the “YES!” chants for Daniel Bryan have gone over well with WWE officials, some in charge believe that the chants will end beginning with next week’s WWE tapings and things will go back to normal for Bryan as far as crowd reaction goes.

Despite WWE expecting the chants to eventually go away, they will be releasing a new “YES” t-shirt soon. Bryan wrote on Twitter:
“The people have spoken, and @wweshop has listened. The #YesYesYes shirt may be out as soon as monday. Will keep you guys updated.”

Dear WWE,

You gave us a shirt print of Rikishi's ass. For fuck's sake, just make the goddamn Yes shirt.

Signed,
The IWC

What's the over/under on some sort of shitty font or unnecessary image ruining the Yes shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back