It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

damn that sounds crazy... I had already all but forgotten about Rock the Bells.

speaking of AZ, his new album is dope. cant remember the name of it but I listened to it once and it was a good listen thru the whole thing.

but I'll still hafta listen to it again later.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']I went to rock the bells it was awesome.
When we got there we found out we couldn't take in lawn chairs and that Damian Marley wasn't gonna be there that sucked.
Knaan was pretty cool i never heard of him but his music was good.
Charlie 2na was awesome but im a fan of him.
Tech N9ne had the crowd really rocking. He was the first artist on the main stage to get a lot of people to really get up and go crazy.
M.O.P. Was fuckING AWESOME!!!!!!!!! they did how about some hardcore and did a couple songs from warriors. When they did ANTE UP!!!!!!!!!! WE went NUTS.
SLAUGHTERHOUSE Was the best group on the second Stage. They RIPPED it. The played a joke on Joey. Joell says man i'm pumped up and Looks at Joe and says are you pumped up. The Dj starts playing pump it up lol. They had some hecklers in the crowd it was these two douchebags holding up a Wu-tang T-shirt. When they did their freestyles Joell told Joe "Just don't diss anybody" lol. Overall they where great i can't wait until they drop the album on aug 11
Big Boi was good he did most of the Outkast stuff and some stuff from his solo album.
The Roots where Meh. I have seen them do better.
Busta Rhymes killed it. It was crazy because he did a one verse or a half a verse of some songs and still killed it. He brought out M.O.P. and did the Ante Up Remix. I fogot how many songs he has had.
Nas killed it. Damian wasn't there so it was just him and Dj Green Lantern so he did a couple songs from illmatic. Then brings out
AZ! Holy Shit crowd goes bananas AZ does sugar hill and they Do Phone Tap.
Nas goes into the world is yours, nas is like and Hero. Then
Everywhere we go people wanna know and Styles P comes out He does a couple of songs Good times, Blow ya mind, and Then MY Life comes on and Pharoah Monch comes out and sings the hook. Right into Simon Says everybody in the crowd is screaming GET THE fuck UP!!!!!!!!!Awesome
Now that that every one is voiceless nas comes back out and finishes up with made you look and one mic. Overall great concert[/QUOTE]

:hot:

I would have loved to have been there, shit must've dope as fuck.

Someone put up a reminder when Rock The Bells is around the corner again, I hate missing concerts like this :/

Sup,anyone think Lil' Wayne is the G.O.A.T.?My second would be Drake and 3rd would be Kid Cudi

Sup,new here and Hip-Hop is my favorite genre. :)

[quote name='EstebanJD']Sup,anyone think Lil' Wayne is the G.O.A.T.?My second would be Drake and 3rd would be Kid Cudi

Sup,new here and Hip-Hop is my favorite genre. :)[/QUOTE]
Welcome! i hope you enjoy your stay!
Rock The Bells was great. I forgot to mention Reflection Eternal was good Hi-tek even did his song. Common Was dope as hell. He brought out Talib. I didnt get to see Raekwon
who was on after Slaughterhouse, Weird
or RZA because i wanted to see the roots and common on the main stage. Nas even Shouted out Free Prodigy WTF!
Inf^Shini if you are in southern Cali RTB comes to you Aug 8 and it will have Ice Cube

Got my tickets for the August 9th Rock the Bells a couple days ago. Sc4rfac3's description just got me even more hyped for this year's show.

JEKKI - AZ released two new albums within weeks of each other: G.O.D. (Gold, Oil, and Diamonds) and Legendary. I haven't listened to G.O.D. yet, but Legendary was really good. Is that the same one you listened to?

Wayne is definitely not G.O.A.T. material but welcome to the thread. Speaking of Cudi I wouldn't be surprised if his album went platinum. He's a good look for Hip Hop overall.

alchemist-chemical-warfare-300x296.jpg

I think this may have topped Blackout! 2 for my AOTY :bouncy:

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Welcome! i hope you enjoy your stay!
Rock The Bells was great. I forgot to mention Reflection Eternal was good Hi-tek even did his song. Common Was dope as hell. He brought out Talib. I didnt get to see Raekwon
who was on after Slaughterhouse, Weird
or RZA because i wanted to see the roots and common on the main stage. Nas even Shouted out Free Prodigy WTF!
Inf^Shini if you are in southern Cali RTB comes to you Aug 8 and it will have Ice Cube[/QUOTE]
Jeeaaaa I'm in southern cali, and saturday is my best day!

Now I just gotta hope I can pick up some tickets and at reasonable price, cuz I'm diggin' in my pockets still comin' up with lint man :/

Any recommendations at where I should go for tickets, any deals or what not?

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the schedule yet

You plannin' on goin' Jekki or did Evo drain your funds? Oh yea, Scarface, did EPMD show up? I wouldn't mind hearin' some crossover n' shit :D

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Wayne is definitely not G.O.A.T. material but welcome to the thread. Speaking of Cudi I wouldn't be surprised if his album went platinum. He's a good look for Hip Hop overall.[/QUOTE]
Cudi sounds a lot like a much more refined 808s Kanye.Frankly I'm not feeling it.

I'm more of an underground fan tbh.I like acts like (MF)DOOM,The Foreign Exchange,J Dilla etc.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']
alchemist-chemical-warfare-300x296.jpg

I think this may have topped Blackout! 2 for my AOTY :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry,but as much as I liked Chemical Warfare,The Ecstatic > Chemical Warfare (Just because I'm a huge fan of Mos ;))

My album of the year is still Merriweather Post Pavillion.

[quote name='EstebanJD']I'm sorry,but as much as I liked Chemical Warfare,The Ecstatic > Chemical Warfare (Just because I'm a huge fan of Mos ;))[/QUOTE]
My only gripe with that album is that most of the tracks are too short, making it feel like a lot of filler. Worst part is they all showed great potential to be much more.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']My only gripe with that album is that most of the tracks are too short, making it feel like a lot of filler. Worst part is they all showed great potential to be much more.[/QUOTE]
Well I thought the way each track progresses through the album makes up for how short they are.But to each his own then.

I think a prime example would be Track 5. I love it but I'm a bit bummed out that it's not even 1 1/2 minutes long, especially since it had the feel of a 4-5 minute track. There's a lot that could have been done with the song, and he mos definitely could've put some more great verses on it too, making it more complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLKXSFeOSbc

[quote name='Bavgate']JEKKI - AZ released two new albums within weeks of each other: G.O.D. (Gold, Oil, and Diamonds) and Legendary. I haven't listened to G.O.D. yet, but Legendary was really good. Is that the same one you listened to?[/QUOTE]yeah, Legendary is the one I got... I havent even heard of G.O.D., nor have I yet checked out hia N4L mixtape he released a while back.

I copped Legendary off my monthly emusic pickups, along with:

Guru - Baldhead Slick & The Click
Grouch & Eligh - Say G&E
Big Pooh - Delightful Bars
Quik & Kurupt - Blaqkout

I've listened to everything so far except Big Pooh,

and btw Blaqkout is hot!! hella makes up for Fixxers which I thought was jus awful.

La Coka Nostra - A Brand You Can Trust

This album just came out. The best hip-hop album I have heard in a couple years.

Also if you guys don't know these people check 'em out -

Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks
Apathy

How I Got Over CDQ came out today.Don't like it as much as the live version but it has a smoother vibe to it instead which I still like.Can't wait for it.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Break down keys into dimes
and sell 'em like gobstoppers.

Might be seeing Clipse next weekend...[/QUOTE]

...who gon stop them, not a god damn one 'a ya
mean with the re-up, we street tumblers!"

I saw them 2 years ago at Pitchfork and it was pretty inspiring to hear thousands of kids yelling coke anthems in unison.

I went on a vegas road trip during the weekend, had this on my playlist:

61a5OFNXV6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

it's hotness!! definitely the best Boot Camp album since Monkey Barz and Last Stand.

I was also listening to Slaine's White Man is the Devil vol. 1... I gotta get that La Coka Nostra album!!

[quote name='c335harp']...who gon stop them, not a god damn one 'a ya
mean with the re-up, we street tumblers!"

I saw them 2 years ago at Pitchfork and it was pretty inspiring to hear thousands of kids yelling coke anthems in unison.[/QUOTE]

Sad to say I probably can't make it, but thanks for finishing the rhyme! :lol:

[quote name='JEKKI']I went on a vegas road trip during the weekend, had this on my playlist:

61a5OFNXV6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

it's hotness!! definitely the best Boot Camp album since Monkey Barz and Last Stand.

I was also listening to Slaine's White Man is the Devil vol. 1... I gotta get that La Coka Nostra album!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that album, the Welcome to Bucktown one, is nice.

So what does everyone think of the new Rakim, "Holy Are You"?

I think it sounds dope and can't wait for the album to drop. Also because it will probably come up anyone that listens to this sound and think it is blasphemous must have never heard of Rakim before this song and needs to go to back to Hip-Hop 101.

After seeing them live im buying the album. They are coming back around here on 8-31 with Reflection Eternal i can't wait to check it out

solid.. I guess you could say that. It's nothing I would spin regularly and the best song is the single, IMO

anyone hear that new Eminem track tearing apart Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon? Holy Shit.

I know they have no real way to fight back but Mariah was dumb for getting into a back-and-fourth with him.

yeay heard about Baatin earlier this morning.

RIP. Ima listen to sum Fantastik vol. 2, and prolly go out n buy Trilogy too.

Coincidentally enough I've been bumping Slum's disco all day at work. It's a damn shame only T-3 and Elzhi are left holding down the group but I am glad they're still doing work. Fantastic Vol. 1 in my eyes is still a f*cking classic. I'ma have to make that "Multiply" joint Black Milk did for them a ringtone. Oh my goodness I forgot how f*ckng ILL that track was until tonight.

Much love and respect for real. R.I.P. Baatin.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hard to look on the bright side about all this, but there was some good news this past week via rappers' tweets.

Check these all out:
http://twitter.com/9thWonderMusic/status/3075274716
http://twitter.com/MURS/status/2892852642
http://twitter.com/ndotlang/status/3074433684
http://twitter.com/naturesounds/status/2944600200[/QUOTE]

Cool bout a possible Little Brother reunion, but it seems to me and Phonte and Big Pooh aren't even working together anymore so we'll see

Felt 3, nice

GhostDOOM... I'll get excited when it's on a store shelf. That project is 4 years in the making, and they said back then it was almost done.

Hyped for a new One Be Lo LP and a possible LB reunion. Never was much of a Murs fan and as previously stated GhostDOOM should have been out a long time ago. Ditto for Deltron 3030 2.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Hyped for a new One Be Lo LP and a possible LB reunion. Never was much of a Murs fan and as previously stated GhostDOOM should have been out a long time ago. Ditto for Deltron 3030 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm not holding my breath for Deltron Second Event either.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Agreed on all points, especially GhostDOOM.

Oh, and for any Living Legends fans, Luckyiam's next mixtape: http://cli.gs/0Zj0v[/QUOTE]
Thanks senorwoohoo for the download, bumping it now and it's Living Legends so you know it's good.

[quote name='headpiece747']Thanks senorwoohoo for the download, bumping it now and it's Living Legends so you know it's good.[/QUOTE]

No prob at all! And yeah, it's pretty damn good.

bread's done
Back