It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

Man I JUST found out, and now I'm really bummed out. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been introduced to a lot of amazing music I listen to now.

Besides, he was just amazing. Why do all the greats die so early?!?

Thanks Help. I'm still a bit puzzled as to why they didn't contact Shingo, Substantial or any other artists Jun frequently worked with who obviously knew and cared for the man. It's makes me wonder if his protege Hiroto even knew. Sure he was a relatively private man but not giving everyone a chance to even attend his funeral? I doubt it would have been a complete circus but maybe they were simply adamant on respecting Jun's wishes. I guess I could understand that.

Regardless the man upstairs had better appreciate what we lost. First Dilla and now Nujabes. I'm getting sick of this shit.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Today is all Nujabes. Man, this will be the first time I listen to his music and feel depressed. This is such bullshit...[/QUOTE]

Yea man. I was listening to the lyrics of Nujabes - Thank you today, and my God has that song's meaning changed since he died.

My personal top 5 Nujabes tracks:

1) Luv(Sic) f. Shing02
2) Ain't No Happy Endings (Substantial)
3) Horizon
4) Next View f. Uyama Hiroto
5) Don't Even Try It f. Funky DL

I sort of made the mistake of listening to 1st Collections on my ritual drive to work today. Man... it didn't take long before I found myself swept away in a maelstrom of emotions. If it wasn't for his music putting my troubled mind at ease during some of the worst years of my life I doubt I'd have made it through half as sane. To make a long story short I was wading through so much unnecessary turmoil, broken promises, dead ends, dead or long forgotten friends and a family at their wits end with me for a long while I was sort of trapped in my own hell. Here I was just starting to become a man already dealing with a whole lot of shit WAY past my maturity level forced to handle it on my own. Slowly but surely I was driving myself insane trying to keep my head above water.

I remember though having a chance to breathe for a second and feel comfortable in my own skin the split second I popped the disc into my Walkman then pressed play. I swore to myself time literally stopped when I heard Luv(Sic) for the first time during a work break. Probably because what I had heard was so remarkable it took my breath away. I was in absolute awe. I felt so... normal. My nerves settled and near permanent scowl melted away almost instantaneously. I had forgotten what real stress and near constant anxiety actually felt like in exchange for a few minutes of normalcy. The type of clarity you can't buy or be persuaded to find on some real shit, you know?

In my humble opinion the man didn't just make music, he created life. Living, breathing, pulsing life. Since then I've yet to hear of a track bearing his signature that didn't make me feel crowded in an empty room, comforted by a loved one, or transported me to another universe entirely for a few moments. All of it seemed to effortlessly ensnare you as if it each individual track had a mind of its own. So alive one could question whether you were just listening to music or engaging in conversation with a close confidant. I can confidently say I've felt emotions I had been convinced were impossible to foster by mere melody until I came across his catalog.

He was truly one of a kind and my life would have suffered tremendously without his music being a part of it. Who knows? Maybe one day I can return the favor for someone else someday. Either way it is relatively safe to say should I ever get hitched and have children they'll either grow to love or hate Jun Seba before I die, haha. Much respect and may he truly rest in peace.

I am pleased with the Wu-Massacre album. Only "complaint" is quantity and length of songs. What is on there is crisp.

New Cypress Hill out soon. It's been six years since their last album! Hope 'Rise Up' turns out good, even though I am a bit skeptical.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Sorry, Inf, I have no clue.

And yeah, I've heard that Meth, Ghost & Rae is a nice listen, even though it's mad short.[/QUOTE]

Short like 2:30 tracks or 30 min total running time?

yup. jus bought Wu Massacre off amazon mp3.

12 tracks, and it appears that the average song length is less than 3 minutes o_O

also got the Ruste Juxx/Marco Polo, K-Os, and Army of the Pharoahs off emusic!!!

Guess I should listen to Wu-Massacre then.

Anyone else check out that new Donwill album? He's one-third of Tanya Morgan.

If so, do you agree that it's just good and nothing else? I'm starting to think more and more that the only member able to do the solo thing is Von Pea.

The letter seems really sketchy, especially coming from Solar when you consider the last round of controversy around this.

I've been branching out from my usual indie rock / electro lately - liking Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Sage Francis. Kid Cudi's alright too, catchy but kinda shallow.

Im at the super street fighter launch the other nite.

the DJ is good, he's spinning Camp Lo, Del, Pharcyde, Living Legends,

but then he has the nerve to bust Guru 8.0 Lost & Found.

wtf man, have u no respect for the dead?!?!?

also, Primo's tribute if u havent heard yet: http://usershare.net/jebx6uj7gtbw

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Anyone heard the new Cypress Hill yet? Worth checking out?

Saw Pharaohe Monch + Slaughterhouser last night :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I got the new Cypress Hill. If you've liked what they've been doing over the past ten years then you'll like it. I kind of expected deeper lyrics from them by now (ala the growth Ice Cube has shown on Raw Footage) but if you've liked them before then you'll like them now. You can tell they put a good amount of effort into it, but it's not as good as Stoned Raiders which has a similar style.

I have an SACD disc by Ludacris, it's called Chicken-N-Beer. I bought it for like $8... it's worth like $200 now. Crazy huh?

hit' em up is da shizz. Teh music video of teh characters portraying Puffy and Biggie are :lol:

2pac woot woot! WestsiiiiiiiiiideEE E E E E E!

recommend me something new!!

I have enough points on the emusic to get one more album before points reset in a few days!!

my latest pickups are:

Dessa - Badly Broken Code (never heard of, but it got sum good buzz so Im checkin it out)
Diabolic - Liar & A Thief (ditto...)
Little Brother - LeftBack
Murs & 9th - Fornever
Opio - Mark it Zero (new Opio!!)
Bone Thugs - Uni5

I want the new DJ Spinna but it aint on the site rite now...

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']I like this one but these two say hello[/QUOTE]Pac's definitely that dood, but dood wasnt even alive to see napster. Like I said, they dont make them like that anymore.

and Takeover > Ether.

[quote name='JEKKI']best diss track of all time??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHa3Hak3lA

they needa make tracks like this again[/QUOTE]
Answer: YES

I grew up on that soundtrack....I had no idea who MC EIHT was, but, I thought he was lame as fuck just because of that one song.

Ignore the gay lyrics and you got a classic diss

This > Ether and the likes

they didnt have that BOB album on emusic... they dont carry major label stuff, so I cant get new Cypress Hill off it either.

I got Bone Thugs off amazon tho, and it came with a pdf file of the booklet!! that's real cool!

I ended up getting LMNO & Kev Brown album, looks good.

bread's done
Back