It's dangerous to go alone! Take this GGT #57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just beat MGS4 and I really can't beleive it's all over. Having played all of the Metal Gears (except Portable Ops +), I honestly thought this was one of the best games I ever played.

I know some of you can't get into MGS and I can understand that too.

Edit: Same with Markman, I didn't think I'd like Haruhi as much as others, but after watching it I really like it.

Yotsuba!
Which reminds me. I really wanna pick up the manga for Azumanga Daioh but I can't stand the replacement of the Osaka accent with the Southern one. Maybe I should get them DVDs.

Haruhi was pretty fun to watch but I don't understand how it got the degree of fandom that it did. Greatest shame: I learned the dance =( Like others I tried to move on to Lucky Star but I got real bored of it even if they threw in a Dragon Quest V reference.

Success! Target had two copies of Space Invaders Extreme (DS) so I was able to nab that while grabbing the Coldplay CD and some random shit I needed--so I didn't have to weight stepping into Gamestop for the first time in over a year.

Also picked up the new Counting Crows CD--wasn't even aware that it had already came out....

The two new latest character reveals for Tatsunoko vs Capcom include:

Batsu from Rival Schools and the original Tekkaman (not Tekkaman Blade)!

batsu1_rs.jpg

tekkaman3fr.jpg

[quote name='MarkMan']
2593072969_bfcb0f954c.jpg

[/quote]

Ooooh, Revoltech toys....I wish I had ordered the Gurren Lagann one that was out earlier. That looked so awesome. Or even Lazengann...

[quote name='kainzero']Yotsuba!
Which reminds me. I really wanna pick up the manga for Azumanga Daioh but I can't stand the replacement of the Osaka accent with the Southern one. Maybe I should get them DVDs.[/QUOTE]
I watched the first episode of Azumanga Daioh (via a NewType preview disk) and couldn't get into it. The comic strip format works a lot better for me. I prefer manga in general, though, so maybe it's just me.

And that Yotsuba figure is nice :D There's a Danboard (Cardbo) one as well, and it looks like a second Yotsuba's coming out in August.

Hello to a new GGT! :)

Gonna jump back into some P3 again tonight. I've slept all day. :cry: But I got no work tonight, so its a visit to the Dark Hour for me!!

[quote name='blueshinra']I watched the first episode of Azumanga Daioh (via a NewType preview disk) and couldn't get into it. The comic strip format works a lot better for me. I prefer manga in general, though, so maybe it's just me.

And that Yotsuba figure is nice :D There's a Danboard (Cardbo) one as well, and it looks like a second Yotsuba's coming out in August.[/quote]

The danboard figure is awesome... I'm definitely going to get the Summer Yotsuba as well... I love the facial expressions/eyes on that one... lol...

My daughter wants to cosplay as Yotsuba for AX!

Back to gaming.

NES.

MGS4 is awesome. How is everyone liking the new MGS Database? Looking forward to messing with the US one when I get home from work. Downloaded it on my work PS3 but wanna wait til' I get home.

I bought Madden 08 today and it was kind of fun but it seemed lame. I'm not very big into football or anything. i think I'm just going to return it.

Anyone have in 360 suggestions? I was thinking of COD4, but I think at this point everyone's leveled up and shit, maybe it's too late.....

[quote name='refusedchaos']im going to AX....CAG meet up?![/QUOTE]we're gonna be breakdancing rite?!?!?!

I practiced today! u guys better make the most of your time!!

Persona Fes, sum MGO... I think that's all I'm playing and am gonna play.

it's 108F hot outside :headache:

I have all of two revoltech toys (revoltech, hehe): one of Dark Saber from Fate/Stay Night and another of some chick from a Shunya Yamashita design.

I want to PSP, but still at work. :p

so any interesting game related news these past few days?
i havent had access to a computer in days and when i have the comp is too slow to load anything :bomb:

[quote name='pete5883']The Megaman Zero artbook is hot like the sun.[/quote]I'm liking the Okami art book myself. Cover even matches my black and red game room color scheme!

Mapped out the first two floors in EO2, time to go up another set of stairs into the unknown. Also finished exploring the level 21 dungeon in FFCC. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a shot at clearing the boss out of it and move onto the randomized final dungeon. No clue what to do with that one.

Since I missed the conversation last night / this morning about ports and such. One advantage for me , regarding waiting on getting a lot of games is picking up the late ports that are often superior to the previous versions. Often , if I know a game is going to or will eventually get ported to other systems , I'll hold off on getting the game until all the versions are available (examples being Bully , Okami , Lost Planet). I'm also very picky about getting the "best" version of most multiplatform games.

As far as MGS4 being ported to the 360 goes , I'm not concerned either way. If it does get ported , I'll just read to find out whether its superior or not to the PS3 version. If it's not then I'll just get the PS3 version anyway. If the "substance" version comes to both systems (which is more what I'm interested in anyway) then I'll pick that version up for whatever system it's best on.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so any interesting game related news these past few days?
i havent had access to a computer in days and when i have the comp is too slow to load anything :bomb:[/quote]

MGS4 broke all awesome records and is the biggest hit on the 360. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']I was about to play MGO but it's making me update the PS3.

My life is over.[/QUOTE]I tried playing MGO, but it froze when finishing a round (It froze to where I could not press the PS Button or power my PS3 off at the front, so I had to at the back). That was the first time I played online since the beta. But at had that exact thing happen once in Commando 3. I do wonder what the issue may be. Playing many other games I own offline, don't have any issues. Part of it could be related to my Dad refusing to allow the A/C to be on; therefore my room is toasty with the PS3, PC, 360, etc. on (which the higher level fans on my devices kick on because of how hot it is).

I remember this as a kid, the crocodile v. Captain Hook was so hilarious
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZREEheD5E&feature=related[/media]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I tried playing MGO, but it froze when finishing a round (It froze to where I could not press the PS Button or power my PS3 off at the front, so I had to at the back). That was the first time I played online since the beta. But at had that exact thing happen once in Commando 3. I do wonder what the issue may be. Playing many other games I own offline, don't have any issues. Part of it could be related to my Dad refusing to allow the A/C to be on; therefore my room is toasty with the PS3, PC, 360, etc. on (which the higher level fans on my devices kick on because of how hot it is).[/QUOTE]

That's weird...hope I don't have any problems.

Also didn't you say at one point you have Sega Rally Revo? I'm planning to grab it tomorrow since I saw it for $20.

[quote name='whoknows']That's weird...hope I don't have any problems.

Also didn't you say at one point you have Sega Rally Revo? I'm planning to grab it tomorrow since I saw it for $20.[/QUOTE]It could be my network, something on my console, or just a weird game issue. I have no idea. I'm more so assuming some issue with firmware (relating to networking, which I was hoping the update fixed).

Yes, I have Sega Rally Revo right now. It's pretty good, but not great. Fun to play, but on the shorter side. Does get hard.

Yeah, if the issue is with firmware then I definitely hope they fixed it too.

And I've had my eye on Sega Rally Revo for a long time since I really liked the demo...I just forgot about it until I saw it for $20.

I'm guessing no one is playing it online anymore though.

Also we still have to play Sega Superstars Tennis :)

Lately I have been on a kick of buying older games. I bought Super Dodgeball and Bionic Commando for the NES. I am looking into ZOE 1 and 2. I have the first ZOE, but it is in rough shape(bought it used from EBGames). Problem is that ZOE 2 is going for $30 online. I never finished, but enjoyed the hell out of ZOE 1. Does GGT ZOE fans think ZOE 2 is worth the price tag?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I do not have a problem with you making fun of people, just keep that crap away from the GGT. We already had a discussion on AIM about it happening somewhere on the forum, and that's why it should not happen in the GGT also. Just be lucky your post wasn't removed.[/quote]

I don't want to keep it away from the GGT, nor will I. Like I said don't tell me what to do, or where to post it at. I've been in the GGT since whoknows made the first one so don't give me any shit. Lol lucky my post wasn't removed, o0o0o so I get another infraction big fucking deal. Anyway I'm going to drop it because I don't want the other GGT members to get annoyed with me and you ranting back and forth. So if you'd like to reply to me PM me.

[quote name='zewone']lol, take you off my friends list.[/quote]

I know that scared the shit out of me. :lol:

I loved the first ZoE, and ZoE2 exceeded all my expectations. It's so much better than the first game it's hard to even put them in the same category. ZoE2 is like hot robot sex all over your face.

Well worth $30.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I loved the first ZoE, and ZoE2 exceeded all my expectations. It's so much better than the first game it's hard to even put them in the same category. ZoE2 is like hot robot sex all over your face.

Well worth $30.[/QUOTE]

Yep, anything else I'd say would just be repeatin' Rei.

I should boot up ZOE2 again, I just stopped at the beginning because slowly hopping forward in that mecha was driving me nuts :p

Are any of the Lego games actually worth it? It seems like just a kid's game, but if it's got enough humor to go along, I guess I could give it a shot :/

What's the difference between the two?

I got bored with Lego Star Wars myself, but was looking into Lego Indy. I want a game that's easy for my little sister to play with me, but I couldn't get into Lego Star Wars.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Lego Star Wars is awesome[/quote]
I tried a piece of it at a store and was amused, but does it have any replay value? Maybe I should give it a rent :whistle2:k

If you got bored with LSW, you're not going to like LI.

They have replay if you like to collect stuff. Getting 100% in the game will take a long time.

[quote name='blueshinra']I watched the first episode of Azumanga Daioh (via a NewType preview disk) and couldn't get into it. The comic strip format works a lot better for me. I prefer manga in general, though, so maybe it's just me.[/quote]
I really liked episodes 2-5, the 1st one was a little hard to get into. Either way, it's enjoyable in both forms.

Since we're posting figures, a friend linked me to this TWEWY figure:

Wow! Impossibly hot! C cups and the tiniest waist ever!

EDIT: I guess the picture didn't show?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If you got bored with LSW, you're not going to like LI.

They have replay if you like to collect stuff. Getting 100% in the game will take a long time.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. I'll be getting Lego Batman though, that looks to be more interesting to me than Star Wars since it's Batman :p

[quote name='kainzero']I really liked episodes 2-5, the 1st one was a little hard to get into. Either way, it's enjoyable in both forms.

Since we're posting figures, a friend linked me to this TWEWY figure:

Wow! Impossibly hot! C cups and the tiniest waist ever![/QUOTE]
Link doesn't work T.T

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Link doesn't work T.T[/QUOTE]

click the pic

fuck my eyes are red as fuck after my gundam game marathon....im so tired and hot (hate CA)...but just registered for AX so :D

Guitar Hero 4, Rock Band 2 and Rock Revolution (all multi instrument games) are due out this fall according to GameInformer

Hope this means the fall of music based gaming accesories...don`t know what the fuck they are all thinking (no demographic is going to pay around 200 a full set, aside from the rich!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back