It's dangerous to go alone! Take this GGT #57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about an hour ago, some crazy animal was growling and making all sorts of noise right outside my window. Now I can't sleep. It sucks. Anyone like The Club? It looks like a fun game. Nothing great, just fun. I picked it up from Target for $15 the other day and didn't open it or play it due to MGS4.

Good morning GGT.

I put a few more hours in Persona 3. I'll be playing the game and keep telling myself "Ok, I'll put it down after 1 more day" then a week later, I'll be like "Ok, I'll put it down after one more trip to Tarterus." Then a week later...etc.

But I did finally put it down and pulled out some more GTA 4. I don't know, but I just can't really get into it so much. It's fun, and I like it, but alot of times I'm not sure just what the heck I'm supposed to be doing, especially when no one is calling me for missions and stuff. Oh well.

Morning guys!

Well, speakers are in our apatment and the amp is coming today. All that's left is to buy the TC, entertainment center and, you know, actually move to the house.

But, I've got a layout for the game/movie basement. Any GGT input would be awesome:

http://www.daroga.org/roomtest.jpg

Daroga: Looks good ;)

Friday is here! Thank the GGT Gods... I'm going to jump in on MGO tonight and other than that, I don't know what I'm going to game on this weekend...

Movies... Love Guru, Get Smart? I still wanna see the Hulk...

WALL-E next week fo sho...

I'm taking a break from MGS4 for a little bit. I really don't feel like playing the start of act 3 again...

Bah, the Hulk is out? I still need to go see Iron Man...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
Bah, the Hulk is out? I still need to go see Iron Man...[/QUOTE]

Definitely see Iron Man. It's one of the best comic book movies I've seen. Much better reviews than Hulk (which I haven't seen yet) as well.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Marky when are we getting megaton MGS4 pickup pictures?[/quote]

Soon, waiting for my signed MGS4 copy to come in ;/

I need to get one more thing too.

Does anyone here have a complete US Metal Gear collection(all of the NA releases for MG stuff?)

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection is downloading on the PSN. Once that pops in I'm going to check it out, along with NCAA Football '09, and Hail The Chimp.

About to head over to Microcenter to pick up a free copy of The Darkness. My brother needs a mouse for his new laptop too and he wants nice headphones as well.

Heavenly Sword is great, got to chapter 2 last night.

[quote name='MarkMan']
Does anyone here have a complete US Metal Gear collection(all of the NA releases for MG stuff?)[/quote]
I have all 4 games, but it would be cool to see somebody with all of the merchandise too.

Played another hour in MGS1, which was mostly
Beating the first boss and watching cutscenes and some NINJA D00D. Looks fun
. I have access to level 2 doors now, so I need to find a level 2 door :p

Lots of fun, I can only imagine how much fun MGS4 will be.

[quote name='MarkMan']http://www.ncsx.com/2008/061608/gundam_sp.htm

For my CAG Gundam Defense Force :salute:[/QUOTE]

Sieg Zeon!!

Zion_Logo.gif

i saw this a loled
l_disney_gundam.jpg

I'm insane. I'm taking that 40 hour a week job. I'm working 60 hours a week. And I'm making good money (overall).
But I don't really care about the money. I love that crazy low paying job.

[quote name='refusedchaos']

i saw this a loled
l_disney_gundam.jpg
[/quote]Now that should have been the Gundam Seed sequel.

Did anyone else check out that MGS encyclopedia thing on PSN? One of the "characters"listed was "Man in a cardboard box". I got a good laugh out of that.

Hey GGT,

I just wanted to post I might be going to a funeral early next week. I don't really know the relative well, but it was the husband of one of my Mom's cousins. I kind of feel I should go since I've stayed away from relatives for over 10 years. I'd have to go to Kentucky (can't remember where, I just know it's either Louisville, Bowling Green, or somewhere in-between). So, for the first time in a very long time, I may have to go without internet access and actual gaming consoles (meaning all I'd have is handhelds). Can TMK survive???

Haven't played a game yet due to being busy most of the day. Plan to play more MGS4 and Warhawk tonight. Might play a little SingStar.

Last night, I played some Monster Hunter Freedom 2. I forget, are they bringing over the "G" version, or is that gonna be Japan-only forever?

Anyway, I may take both the PSP and DS w/me to Vegas, but if not, it'll just be the DS. Gonna stop by a GS up there to download Deoxys. God, what a nerd am I. >_

[quote name='daroga']Man Space Invaders Extreme can get difficult on the hard levels and when you're completely incompetent like me.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It gets tough as I always sucked at these types fo games--and games in general. :lol:

I got a AC adapter for my NES so I can play Bionic Commando and Super Dodge Ball. I also got a disc only in shitty condition of ZOE2 for under $5! As long as it plays, I could give a shit.

I'm saddened that I beat MGS4 last night. I think I might start a second run-through later tonight, working on the Assassin Emblem. That was seriously an epic game. Prolly my favorite game in a LONG while.
And I promised myself I wasn't gonna let myself tear up, but I couldn't help it when Otacon broke down before we knew Snake didn't actually blow his brains out.

[quote name='karsh']I'm saddened that I beat MGS4 last night. I think I might start a second run-through later tonight, working on the Assassin Emblem. That was seriously an epic game. Prolly my favorite game in a LONG while.
And I promised myself I wasn't gonna let myself tear up, but I couldn't help it when Otacon broke down before we knew Snake didn't actually blow his brains out.
[/quote]

Karsh:
Same thing happened to me man, I was good up to when Sunny asked about Snake. Then once Otacon started talking about it tears were running down my face. It was such a very sad scene, you just couldn't help it.

Anyway, I got the Assassin's Emblem last night in MGS4, getting ready to go for the BB emblem on BB Extreme which the requirements for that are:
Beat the game on the highest difficulty with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandanna items, in under 5 hours. I can do it..... me thinks....

space invaders extreme - DS or PSP, daroga? Which do you reccomend?

I played the japanese version on PSP about a month ago - it seemed pretty good, but not $20 good. More like XBLA $10.

[quote name='jer7583']space invaders extreme - DS or PSP, daroga? Which do you reccomend?
[/QUOTE]

Most people would say DS since it has WiFi multiplayer. But if you don't care about that, it probably doesn't matter much which you get.

It is kind of like a $10 XBLA game, but I can swallow paying $20 since it's a physical game rather than download.

Plus I'll actually play it, I just can't get motivated to play XBLA games. I'd rather play a regular 360 game if I'm going to fire it up. As much as I like Pacman CE, I've barely touched it. Would love to see the DS get a version of that, as I'll play games like that all the time on my DS as they're great to fire up for a bit before going to sleep etc.

I finally got Sega Rally Revo today. It's fun. Every time I mentioned I wanted it, someone always suggested DiRT instead, but for some reason I didn't enjoy the demo for it. Even the guy at the game store told me to get DiRT instead, but I passed.

Might go grab Space Invaders Extreme though, can't pass that up for only $20.

[quote name='whoknows']I finally got Sega Rally Revo today. It's fun. Every time I mentioned I wanted it, someone always suggested DiRT instead, but for some reason I didn't enjoy the demo for it. Even the guy at the game store told me to get DiRT instead, but I passed.

Might go grab Space Invaders Extreme though, can't pass that up for only $20.[/QUOTE]To be honest, I do greatly prefer DiRT. The controls felt a lot better and there was more to it. But I also enjoyed the style of Sega Rally also, which is why I got it too.

I didn't really like the DiRT demo so I passed. Plus Sega Rally was $20 vs $40 for DiRT. I can go grab Space Invaders with that $20 I didn't use :D

I didn't like Dirt at all. My brother rented it and we both were like, "this is awful" and he is a big racing fan. He likes Sega Rally better as well, plus Space Invaders FTW.

[quote name='jer7583']space invaders extreme - DS or PSP, daroga? Which do you reccomend?

I played the japanese version on PSP about a month ago - it seemed pretty good, but not $20 good. More like XBLA $10.[/quote]DS, no question. The two-screen play is really, really well utilized on the system. And we all love friend codes. ;)

But, yeah, the gameplay is just better and more varried on the DS, so unless someone only had a PSP, I'd say DS for certain.

Although, if you've only got a PSP, go get this game. Cause it's awesome.

[quote name='daroga']DS, no question. The two-screen play is really, really well utilized on the system. And we all love friend codes. ;)

But, yeah, the gameplay is just better and more varried on the DS, so unless someone only had a PSP, I'd say DS for certain.

Although, if you've only got a PSP, go get this game. Cause it's awesome.[/QUOTE]I dunno, my friend told me the PSP version has the edge (he's pretty neutral). I dunno, since I haven't paid any attention to the games.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']I didn't like Dirt at all. My brother rented it and we both were like, "this is awful" and he is a big racing fan. He likes Sega Rally better as well, plus Space Invaders FTW.[/QUOTE]I'm surprised, because DiRT got pretty high reviews all around, but there are a group of people who just won't like it. I liked it because it was the closest thing to Rallisport and WRC, two Rally racing games I liked a lot last gen. There's no denying, I was no Colin McRae fan last gen, but I like DiRT much more.

Well, the rally racing in DiRT is the best part. I'm around 50% complete.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm surprised, because DiRT got pretty high reviews all around, but there are a group of people who just won't like it. I liked it because it was the closest thing to Rallisport and WRC, two Rally racing games I liked a lot last gen. There's no denying, I was no Colin McRae fan last gen, but I like DiRT much more.

Well, the rally racing in DiRT is the best part. I'm around 50% complete.[/quote]

I'm not much of a racing fan, so I really didn't expect to like it which I didn't. He is a big racing fan, and he said he just didn't like the controls and how it felt. Looked good, did not like how it played was what I think he said. Yeah, everyone wont like everything, doesn't make it a bad game just not our cup of tea.

Okay so it looks like a no go on the full feature home theater system. Dell online store put up the Logitech Z-5500's for $180 and I'm biting.

RR, what have you got in MGS4 in terms of special items, guns, camo ect?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']jeeze.. I'm tired yesterday and stay up late but I didn't expect to wake up at 6:30pm today >_

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']RR, what have you got in MGS4 in terms of special items, guns, camo ect?
[/quote]

so far I have:

Stealth
Bandana
Solar Gun
Musket
All Masks (except corpse/big boss)
All costumes
90% of the iPod music

I can't think of anything else... I'm taking a break from the game though since I've been playing it too much.

And here I thought waking up at 2:00 P.M was bad. :lol:

on days I don't have anything to do, and I was busy the day before, I have a habbit of sleeping till 3 or 4pm... but I'm up till 5am the night before, so it evens out.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I dunno, my friend told me the PSP version has the edge (he's pretty neutral). I dunno, since I haven't paid any attention to the games.
[/QUOTE]

I don't really see how. The only thing the PSP version has is slightly better graphics, and this isn't a graphics pushing game by any stretch of the imagination. Sound's probably a bit better, and the wider screen may give more side to side movement I guess.

The DS version adds:

-dual screen gameplay--bonus rounds, two screen boss battles etc
-Online multiplayer (local only on PSP)
-Online Leaderboards
-Ability to use the paddle controller if you want to import it
-Rumble support for those with a rumble pack

I'm sure the PSP version is fine, but seems like the DS version is the way to go if you have both portables IMO. Guess if you don't care at all about online play, then maybe PSP--but I think the two screen stuff adds a lot to the game...

And the PSP has FMV backgrounds, which evidently is busy as crap and hard to play. I'm pretty sure you can turn those off though. The DS background is plenty busy for me.

The PSP really doesn't have online play? What the heck? How many PSP games actually have online play? Wasn't that an inital selling point of the system? It seems like 95% of games I expect to have it is only local mulitplayer.

Time to crack open the new receiver :whistle2:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back