It's Official - Vegas Thursdays are HERE!

i haven't played this game much.....and haven't been online at all. if you all promise to go easy on me i'd love to give it a shot. (pun intended)

will it be easy for me to find all of you?

[quote name='EvyLou']i haven't played this game much.....and haven't been online at all. if you all promise to go easy on me i'd love to give it a shot. (pun intended)

will it be easy for me to find all of you?[/QUOTE]

Start adding all the people's gamertags to your friends list and we'll get you in the game.

Great turn out tonight. Having enough for a CAG 5 on 5 was great, much better without the random people. Hope everyone will be in again next week.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Id be willing to play if this is a regular Thursday night thing.[/quote] well, I think the plan is to have it be a regular Thursday night thing. we've done two weeks so far, and they've been fun. I know I'm down for pretty much the rest of the summer.

feel free to jump in, the more CAGs and the less randoms the better. at least you know you'll be playing with people who know how to have fun without being douchebags.

My 360 froze during The Darkness so I just gave the console a pass last night. I was also completely shattered by the time I picked up my wife.

I might be interested in getting into this. Is it ok if I suck at the game? I really need to play through the single player campaign.

Yeah, it was a good time even though I was only in for 2 rounds. I enjoy being able to play with fellow CAGs. In fact, I hopped into a random Team Sharpshooter game and really didn't have as much fun as I did in the CAG games. I'll be looking forward to other CAG games, no doubt!

[quote name='daroga']I might be interested in getting into this. Is it ok if I suck at the game? I really need to play through the single player campaign.[/QUOTE]

No skill levels needed to get in on things, only thing I ask is that everyone has fun and is nice to each other while they're killing them. If you ever wanna do an online co-op through the game, lemme know and I'll go through the levels with you.

[quote name='daroga']I might be interested in getting into this. Is it ok if I suck at the game? I really need to play through the single player campaign.[/quote]

Daroga - I think i'm proof that you don't have to have ANY skills to play online with them. In fact, I think they were happy to have me there (maybe not my teammates) because I might have been the easiest kill. My goal next time is to actually get a kill myself. :D (I don't count the two I got on a lucky grenade throw, right before I died, of course)

Anyway - I appreciated you guys letting me join in and stink up the place without getting on my case. I am, without a doubt, going to practice this week and will be back next week with a vengeance!!!

Yeah, we don't worry about skill levels. I'll have a game where I get lucky and be on the positive side of things and another where I'll end up 2 kills to 10 deaths. No big deal, we're just there to have fun.

This seems on track to be a regular Thursday thing, so let's just plan it that way. I had a good time Thursday, sorry I didn't stay on longer.

Edit: Oh, btw, I'd love to do some coop story mode with people. I haven't touched that at all and seems like it'd be pretty fun to go through the game that way. Just throwing it out there. How many does the co-op support for the story mode? I heard four, but maybe that's just the co-op T-Hunt.

[quote name='EvyLou']Daroga - I think i'm proof that you don't have to have ANY skills to play online with them. In fact, I think they were happy to have me there (maybe not my teammates) because I might have been the easiest kill. My goal next time is to actually get a kill myself. :D (I don't count the two I got on a lucky grenade throw, right before I died, of course)

Anyway - I appreciated you guys letting me join in and stink up the place without getting on my case. I am, without a doubt, going to practice this week and will be back next week with a vengeance!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for showing up and sticking through a rough night, was good having ya in there. Can you have your mic on next week please, that was the only thing I was wanting to comment on cause we're running communication and will need ya in that. Plus its always fun having another person talking in the room. Thanks!!!

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Yeah, we don't worry about skill levels. I'll have a game where I get lucky and be on the positive side of things and another where I'll end up 2 kills to 10 deaths. No big deal, we're just there to have fun.

This seems on track to be a regular Thursday thing, so let's just plan it that way. I had a good time Thursday, sorry I didn't stay on longer.

Edit: Oh, btw, I'd love to do some coop story mode with people. I haven't touched that at all and seems like it'd be pretty fun to go through the game that way. Just throwing it out there. How many does the co-op support for the story mode? I heard four, but maybe that's just the co-op T-Hunt.[/QUOTE]

I played part of the co-op with my roommate and it basically sections each part of each level out to do one by one but you can do that in any order. Not sure if you can get 4 player on it but we can try. When are you guys available to try that out? I can do it around 9 Eastern tonight or anytime Sunday.

If you would like some help with co-op story I would be happy to help. I've done it about 5 times helping out other people getting there achievement.

I wanna try the co-op with some CAGs as well. Just post when a good time to meet up would be. After 10pmEST usually works best for me, but I can jump on other times.

You can do four player coop story mode.
The existence of a robust, well-executed, four-player co-op mode potentially negates the need to ever dip into the single-player story
link

Playing with 3 other people in story mode sounds like a lot of fun. I'm avaliable pretty much any time.

Well sweet. I'm up for any weekday 9 pm EST on or any weekend all day for people that might want to coop. Would be cool to get a four-player CAG coop going.

BTW, from what I've seen of the co-op, all the story elements are taken out...cut-scenes, etc. Seemed like one continuous playthrough of the levels.

My friend and I played through the split screen co-op. It took us about 3 nights of playing (about 12 hours or so). It will definitely be easier with 4 people.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']BTW, from what I've seen of the co-op, all the story elements are taken out...cut-scenes, etc. Seemed like one continuous playthrough of the levels.[/QUOTE]

You're spot-on there, except that when you play the first level in Mexico it forces you to sit there for a silent chopper ride for 2-3 minutes.

And there's no checkpoints like there are in SP

So if there are no checkpoints, where does it save progress? Do you have to get all the way through a 'chapter' or whatever they term their different locales?

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Its set up like any other multiplayer where you set the rotation of maps you want to play. Anyone up for doing story mode tomorrow afternoon?[/QUOTE]

I may be. If you see me on Live feel free to invite.

Guys, the Black pack is out now, and red pack will be out for free soon. Maybe we can get some new maps going in our games

Yeah, we should definitely mix in the new maps when we meet up. I don't think that'll be a problem.

I'd be up for some coop tomorrow afternoon.

Dangit! They are making the Red ones free?? That is a bunch of BS, seeing as i spent the 800 points for them before or whatever the cost was. I will play co-op also, so if I am ever on even playing a different game invite me and I will probably join.

Hey guys, to my knowledge the Players Pack: Black Edition is supposed to cost 800 MS points, right? I was just on the xbox live marketplace browsing through downloadable content and the Black Edition came up as free. You guys might want to jump on this. Forgive me if this was supposed to be free for some reason already.

I have to request that we play Presidio tomorrow, it's one of the funnest maps I've ever played.

But no nades, it gives Bravo team a ridiculous advantage (they can lob grenades into the A spawn but not vice versa)

yeah, Presidio is a fun map.

weird thing happened last night though; was playing some Team Survival with a friend and some other guys, and when the host switched maps to Red Lotus it said I didn't have the DLC to play. of course that wasn't true, as I have both map packs, but for some reason the game didn't see them on my drive. I had to restart my 360 for the game to see the DLC.

so just a warning, if that happens to any of you, you don't have to download the packs again, just restart your 360. my buddy said it happened to him on COD2 a lot, and he's the one who told me to restart.

Please bear with me, but does R6:V have offline splitscreen deathmatches (and the like) and co-op? I've looked everywhere and I can't find any mention of that, thanks.

Have a nice day.

[quote name='zerowing']Please bear with me, but does R6:V have offline splitscreen deathmatches (and the like) and co-op? I've looked everywhere and I can't find any mention of that, thanks.

Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]
Co-op yes (only 2 players), deathmatch no. You can do co-op through the story (segment by segment) or co-op in terrorist hunt.

I'll be on at 8:45 PM Eastern tonight to get the room started. Just a reminder to everyone to DL the black map pack cause we will be running the maps from it tonight and also, try to get CAG as your prefix unless you're in another Clan. Thanks guys and see ya tonight.

I'd like to join up if you still have room. I was a hardcore R63 player on the Xbox a few years back, but I havent played much of Vegas online (although I beat the singe player campaign.)

I'll be online tonight so if anyone wants to add me I'll be ready to play.

[quote name='jalu6']I'd like to join up if you still have room. I was a hardcore R63 player on the Xbox a few years back, but I havent played much of Vegas online (although I beat the singe player campaign.)

I'll be online tonight so if anyone wants to add me I'll be ready to play.[/QUOTE]

You're more than welcome to join. Just start adding some of our gamertags to your friends list on LIVE and I'll send you a game invite when I see you on tonight.

bread's done
Back