it's the OTT, mang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rabbitt']Are you buying your vinyl online? Amazon is listing the preorder, but it's like $19.

I can't think of any places around me that get new vinyls in...

The link is a video of the first 10 minutes of Last Life in the Universe, which is a trilingual film where the protagonist is suicidal. I recommend at least watching that one, and if you enjoy it try the rest of the film.
[/QUOTE]

I'm was thinking of swinging by that local record place to see if they were getting it, and then looking online if they didn't.
$19 is more than I had expected though, but I guess it is a double vinyl...I hope they have it for less here.

And yeah, I'll check that out. Not too keen on the whole Youtube thing though, so I;ll try to track it down in full.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How does someone suck at movies :whistle2:? ?

EDIT: Whoa...new icon
iconcag.gif
looks like CAG might have a new logo.[/quote]

You've never seen any of the big three mobster movies (series in the case of Godfather), and yet you rave about every other summer blockbuster. Godfather 1 and 2 are some of the best movies ever produced.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']You've never seen any of the big three mobster movies (series in the case of Godfather), and yet you rave about every other summer blockbuster. Godfather 1 and 2 are some of the best movies ever produced.[/quote]

I have a weak stomach, I'm not really into gore or torture movies, and I always assumed those movies had that stuff in them. It's not like I'm saying they suck...I just haven't seen them...yet. I'm bound to see Goodfellas some day soon since I own it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I have a weak stomach, I'm not really into gore or torture movies, and I always assumed those movies had that stuff in them. It's not like I'm saying they suck...I just haven't seen them...yet. I'm bound to see Goodfellas some day soon since I own it.[/quote]

If you can watch prime time telly, you can watch those movies. It should be a priority.

[quote name='tiredfornow']''You suck at movies.'' - SneakyPenguido[/quote]

Penguido?

Well fuck, I'm out of room for DVDs on my tower thing.

Not sure what to do. I'll move the anime somewhere to clear up space, but I'm not sure where.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If you can watch prime time telly, you can watch those movies. It should be a priority.[/quote]

Alrighty...if they're not too bad, guess I'll give them a shot. I'll rent Godfather when it hist Blu-Ray, Goodfellas, I'll have to check out within the next week or so. Scarface...whenever I see it on TV I guess.

I also haven't seen HEAT...I've seen some pieces and it looked good, but I gotta check that one out.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm was thinking of swinging by that local record place to see if they were getting it, and then looking online if they didn't.
$19 is more than I had expected though, but I guess it is a double vinyl...I hope they have it for less here.

And yeah, I'll check that out. Not too keen on the whole Youtube thing though, so I;ll try to track it down in full.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if my Exchange will get it in. I'll have to drop by and see what's up. I figure that amazon's price is the most you can expect to pay for it, online or b&m (except probably Border's, if they even sell it).

If you have a BB or any other video renting store around, check the foreign section for Last Life in the Universe, you may find it there.

Oh yeah, how was Boris? It's the next concert I'll be going to and I'm pretty excited for it.

I've put off seeing The Godfather: Part II for far too long.

Some say it is - somehow - better than the first.

And I got Brute Force in the mail, today.

(No Samsung drive, though...)

The Godfather was not like a horror movie or anything. I guarantee you could handle it. I mean, you play games like GTA IV don't you?

[quote name='tiredfornow']whoa, woops. :x[/quote]

Oh, for a second I thought you were calling me Italian or something.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Alrighty...if they're not too bad, guess I'll give them a shot. I'll rent Godfather when it hist Blu-Ray, Goodfellas, I'll have to check out within the next week or so. Scarface...whenever I see it on TV I guess.

I also haven't seen HEAT...I've seen some pieces and it looked good, but I gotta check that one out.[/quote]

Heat's another good one. I watched it about 10 years ago, and just recently rewatched it, and was surprised at how great it was.

[quote name='Brak']I've put off seeing The Godfather: Part II for far too long.

Some say it is - somehow - better than the first.[/quote]

It's not.

GoodFellas and Taxi Driver are, neck and neck, my second favorite Scorsese pictures -- coming second to the oddly poetic Raging Bull.

... although, sometimes, I might like Taxi Driver a little more than GoodFellas, depending on my mood.

GoodFellas is an amazing feat, in that Scorsese created a wildly entertaining film out of such grizzly subject matter.

[quote name='DT778']Just skip Scarface if you plan on seeing the edited for TV version.[/quote]

nah, I meant on TV like the cable channels...It was on Showtime not too long ago.

[quote name='darthbudge']The Godfather was not like a horror movie or anything. I guarantee you could handle it. I mean, you play games like GTA IV don't you?[/quote]

Don't be comparing VG gore to Movie gore...totally different.

[quote name='Brak']GoodFellas and Taxi Driver are, neck and neck, my second favorite Scorsese pictures -- coming second to the oddly poetic Raging Bull.

... although, sometimes, I might like Taxi Driver a little more than GoodFellas, depending on my mood.

GoodFellas is an amazing feat, in that Scorsese created a wildly entertaining film out of such grizzly subject matter.[/quote]

I got GoodFellas because I loved Departed, and wanted to see what else Scorsese did...Taxi Driver...I didn't know he made that one...:whistle2:k that's a B/W flick right? Is that one pretty gruesome?

[quote name='Brak']GoodFellas and Taxi Driver are, neck and neck, my second favorite Scorsese pictures -- coming second to the oddly poetic Raging Bull.

GoodFellas is an amazing feat, in that Scorsese created a wildly entertaining film out of such grizzly subject matter.[/quote]

I actually haven't seen Raging Bull yet, which is bad.

Also, my favorite Scorsese might be Gangs of New York, which will more than likely be an unpopular choice.

Taxi Driver is shot in color, and I wouldn't say that it's gruesome, really -- it was then, but not so much now.

The violence, that is. It's social commentary is disturbing.

Film just doesn't get much better than Raging Bull.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YiVOwxsa4OM[/media]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Don't be comparing VG gore to Movie gore...totally different.[/quote]

Funny... Most people would argue that Video Game violence is much more disturbing because it is you actually pulling the trigger so to say. Whereas in Movies, you are merely watching it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I actually haven't seen Raging Bull yet, which is bad.

Also, my favorite Scorsese might be Gangs of New York, which will more than likely be an unpopular choice.[/quote]

Gangs of New York was amazing, however I can't really say it was my favorite, simply because I haven't seen alot of Scorsese's films.

[quote name='darthbudge']Funny... Most people would argue that Video Game violence is much more disturbing because it is you actually pulling the trigger so to say. Whereas in Movies, you are merely watching it.[/quote]

Movie gore is more realistic...specially with today's special effects...video game gore is still "cartoony"...if GTA or similar games end up looking as realistic as real life, I'm not sure if I'd be able to enjoy them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Movie gore is more realistic...specially with today's special effects...video game gore is still "cartoony"...if GTA or similar games end up looking as realistic as real life, I'm not sure if I'd be able to enjoy them.[/quote]

Yeah, each to his own. I am not really disturbed by most violence. Except for the real extreme cases like some horror movies.

[quote name='rabbitt']I wonder if my Exchange will get it in. I'll have to drop by and see what's up. I figure that amazon's price is the most you can expect to pay for it, online or b&m (except probably Border's, if they even sell it).

If you have a BB or any other video renting store around, check the foreign section for Last Life in the Universe, you may find it there.

Oh yeah, how was Boris? It's the next concert I'll be going to and I'm pretty excited for it.[/QUOTE]

Boris was excellent. Openers were kinda forgettable, but Boris more than made up for it.
Seeing them perform their ambient/drone-y stuff was a trip. Hard to believe those sounds come from a few guitars. They also had a touring guitarist with them, which was surprising.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Boris was excellent. Openers were kinda forgettable, but Boris more than made up for it.
Seeing them perform their ambient/drone-y stuff was a trip. Hard to believe those sounds come from a few guitars. They also had a touring guitarist with them, which was surprising.[/quote]

Who were the openers? If you just called Torche forgettable, yer life is forfeit.

Also, Linkin, check this out:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdLa_h5whBQ&feature=related[/MEDIA]
NSFW

I think both Scorsese and de Niro half-denounce this film, but it's still very good... and very awkward:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=B4Jp33ulMtQ[/media]

(The King of Comedy)

I heard that de Niro annoyed Jerry Lewis off the set, and right before the filming of scenes, to get him frazzled -- I guess that filming with Lewis was a Hell, in of itself.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeesh!...Yeah, my stomach was churning just watching that.[/quote]

I would be afraid of someone if that didn't make them at least a little uncomfortable.

[quote name='darthbudge']I would be afraid of someone if that didn't make them at least a little uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]
It didn't do anything to me...

Real gore, on the other hand.

The new Punisher (Warzone) looks like its going to be crap. Saw the trailer this weekend (attached to Wanted)...looks like garbage. The Frank Castle from the 1st looked better.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got GoodFellas because I loved Departed, and wanted to see what else Scorsese did...Taxi Driver...I didn't know he made that one...:whistle2:k that's a B/W flick right? Is that one pretty gruesome?[/quote]

The Departed is garbage

it's a straight remake of a movie that was put out only 4 years earlier!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4RLrNVbd4[/MEDIA]

and Brakles knows where it's at - Raging Bull = best scorsey film ever.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The new Punisher (Warzone) looks like its going to be crap. Saw the trailer this weekend (attached to Wanted)...looks like garbage. The Frank Castle from the 1st looked better.[/quote]

Yea, I was all excited for War Zone, because, honestly, I enjoyed the recent one. But this looks to be utter shit, not even worth watching to make fun of.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The new Punisher (Warzone) looks like its going to be crap. Saw the trailer this weekend (attached to Wanted)...looks like garbage. The Frank Castle from the 1st looked better.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

That trailer looks like corny, fucking garbage.

I can't believe they -- wait... Yes, I can. Marvel movies stink.

I can believe they're rebooting The Punisher.

The last one was absolutely perfect.

[quote name='darthbudge']Infernal Affairs was good... but I liked the feel of the Departed better.[/quote]

i hope you're not serious - it's just a blatant rip off - and the acting... dear god, the acting was so bad.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']The Departed is garbage

it's a straight remake of a movie that was put out only 4 years earlier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4RLrNVbd4

and Brakles knows where it's at - Raging Bull = best scorsey film ever.[/quote]

Just because its a remake makes it garbage :roll:...Scorsese brought the film to the American audience and did an excellent job.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Who were the openers? If you just called Torche forgettable, yer life is forfeit.[/QUOTE]Torche and Clouds. They weren't awful or anything, but they just seemed to be pretty standard/generic. I haven't heard either of their studio albums though; maybe they would sound better on those. I couldn't understand any of their lyrics, for example, so that might make a difference.

Torche ended their set really well though, with a wall of noise that had the drummer banging on a cymbal into a mic and one of the guitarists beating a drum with his guitar. :lol:

I also forgot to mention how amazing Boris's drummer was. He did an fantastic job. He had as much, if not more than, stage presence as ?uestlove.

I thought The Departed was good.

It felt like what A Fistful of Dollars is to Yojimbo.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just because its a remake makes it garbage :roll:...Scorsese brought the film to the American audience and did an excellent job.[/quote]

for one, i don't see how remaking a film of a similar time period can't be called a blatant rip off.

for two, i feel like the actually thrilling choreography and editing in Infernal Affairs was really important to the film, and then it got dumbed down in the Departed.

I mean, I like Karoke, and I like when good people sing karoke, but it just isn't as good as a real live show by a real musician, naw mean?

[quote name='Brak']I thought The Departed was good.

It felt like what A Fistful of Dollars is to Yojimbo.[/quote]

Yojimbo > Fistful of dollars
seven samurai > magnificent seven
infernal affairs > departed

i see a pattern.

though i did like fistful of dollars, but Yojimbo is actually cash money.

Not you, mobigumnuts.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']for one, i don't see how remaking a film of a similar time period can't be called a blatant rip off.

for two, i feel like the actually thrilling choreography and editing in Infernal Affairs was really important to the film, and then it got dumbed down in the Departed.

I mean, I like Karoke, and I like when good people sing karoke, but it just isn't as good as a real live show by a real musician, naw mean?[/quote]

Sure I can respect that...but you know that 99.9% of people would rather watch a movie with known actors and in their own primary language vs an import with actors they never heard of and with subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back