it's the OTT, mang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Liquid 2']Torche and Clouds. They weren't awful or anything, but they just seemed to be pretty standard/generic. I haven't heard either of their studio albums though; maybe they would sound better on those. I couldn't understand any of their lyrics, for example, so that might make a difference.

Torche ended their set really well though, with a wall of noise that had the drummer banging on a cymbal into a mic and one of the guitarists beating a drum with his guitar. :lol:

I also forgot to mention how amazing Boris's drummer was. He did an fantastic job. He had as much, if not more than, stage presence as ?uestlove.[/quote]

You'd probably life Floor, the band that existed before Torche. Their self titled especially.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sure I can respect that...but you know that 99.9% of people would rather watch a movie with known actors and in their own primary language vs an import with actors they never heard of and with subtitles.[/quote]

aight, i'll back off my statement - the departed isn't utter garbage.

but i'd say that it's worth checkin out infernal affairs, if not for the sole reason that Tony Leung is an awesome actor.

oh and Andy Lau, statistically is one of the most famous people in the world :p

Anyone know when Buzz Quiz TV comes out on the states for PS3?
buzz-quiz-tv-2d_pegi425-1.jpg

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']You'd probably life Floor, the band that existed before Torche. Their self titled especially.[/quote]

Floor is great, i totally forgot you were into them.

you're a big crust guy right?

"Michael Bay > Federico Fellini" - LinkinPrime

I can't believe you said that.

YAaaarh!

i've always liked crust, but i always regret going to shows because my clothes always get cigarette burns and i come home with bruises on my shins :lol:

[quote name='Brak']"Michael Bay > Federico Fellini" - LinkinPrime

I can't believe you said that.[/quote]

Did he actually say that?

Also, I've only seen 8 1/2, what else should I try?

didjew ever see "I Vitelloni"?

Sneaks, see above

[quote name='Sleepkyng']YAaaarh!

i've always liked crust, but i always regret going to shows because my clothes always get cigarette burns and i come home with bruises on my shins :lol:[/quote]

The bruises are half the fun. Man, I haven't been to a show since November.

:rofl:

The only time that is Micheal Bay is on the left hand side of a > is when Uwe Boll is on the right hand side of it.

I haven't, Big Sleep. :cry:
[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Did he actually say that?

Also, I've only seen 8 1/2, what else should I try?[/QUOTE]
He did.

You should check out La dolce vita and La strada (

[quote name='Sleepkyng']admittedly, there isn't a lot of crust shows in paris :lol:[/quote]

That surprises me, because I always hear a lot of punk/crust from France. Also, neocrust is REALLY popular in Europe, especially Spain.

i know there's a big scene in Strausburg and Lille - but Paris is too chic - a lot of gay ass indie bands and lame disco punk.

i like that stuff when i'm drunk or out with friends, but i ain't payin' no cover fee for that shit.

but being at a club where one of the guy's from Daft Punk shows up and decides to dj for a bit is cash money :D

Rhomer's from the New Wave of frenchies a la Truffaut and Goddard.

he's perhaps the most understated, but his films are fucking awesome. they're quiet and very reflective - he's one of the few filmmakers (fellini aside) who i think handles gentleness and kindness without dipping into camp or straight up lameness.

the end of I Vitelloni is so cash.

[quote name='Mojimbo']"'Family games'. :)" - me[/quote]

You know it! My PS3 needs family games.

I don't know who Federico Fellini is...and I don't like Michael Bay...I enjoyed a few of his movies...doesn't mean I worship the asshole.

[quote name='darthbudge']Late this fall I think LP.

Honestly though, that game looks dumb as hell...[/quote]

Well, I had a blast with Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action and since MS hasn't released DLC, I figured Buzz might fill the void.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Also, I have no idea what it's bridging between.[/QUOTE]
Huh?

His film, La strada, was his first dabble into "arty" films, but still retains a lot of neorealist qualities.

Everything after that, was "arty".

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Well, I had a blast with Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action and since MS hasn't released DLC, I figured Buzz might fill the void.[/quote]

Yeah, well I am just not as into those Family/Party games.

[quote name='DocRamon']own 130-something and have played most of them. i do HAVE petz catz 2, but haven't played it yet. but there's probably too many games to actually go through and type which are good, ok and bad.[/quote]

I really, really hope that guy is kiding. But I don't think he is.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']You'd probably life Floor, the band that existed before Torche. Their self titled especially.[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out, thanks.

I'll have to check that schtuff out, Sleep.

I still haven't dabbled, much, into French New-Wave.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't know who Federico Fellini is...and I don't like Michael Bay...I enjoyed a few of his movies...doesn't mean I worship the asshole.[/QUOTE]
You did say that, though.

When I read it, I was all like, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-!?"

Shit was crazy.

i'm off to bed - but before i go i'd say this

Truffaut
Rhomer
Malle
Goddard

in that order.

Truffaut's Jules et Jim is still my favorite movie of all time.

nite y'alls

I was gonna get Jules and Jim at DeepDiscount, but I bought all film-noir.

[quote name='Brak']Huh?

His film, La strada, was his first dabble into "arty" films, but still retains a lot of neorealist qualities.

Everything after that, was "arty".[/quote]

I was meaning that I have no idea what neorealist is.

Italian neorealism is a style of film characterized by stories set amongst the poor and working class, filmed on location, frequently using nonprofessional actors. Italian neorealist films mostly contend with the difficult economical and moral conditions of post-World War II Italy, reflecting the changes in the Italian psyche and the conditions of everyday life: defeat, poverty, and desperation.

Some of the best films have come from that movement.

@TFN - What the fuck? :lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']
Also, the song "Money" Every song ever by Pink Floyd is straight $$$$$.[/quote]

Fixed

My mind changes all the time, but right now my favorite Pink Floyd song is Pigs (Three Different Ones) from Animals. You gotta crank the stereo and listen to that shit right now budge-o-matic.

[quote name='Brak']I love that.[/QUOTE]Same. Interesting video.

Anyway, despite what I said about my sister, whenever she does something wrong, I normally improve myself. Right now, this just motivates me more to get a good job, which is a good thing.

[quote name='Maklershed']My mind changes all the time, but right now my favorite Pink Floyd song is Pigs (Three Different Ones) from Animals. You gotta crank the stereo and listen to that shit right now budge-o-matic.[/quote]

That is a good song, but I think I like "Money" and "Another Brick in the Wall" better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back