I've been having these weird thoughts lately. GGT #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up just Rock n Roll Band and More Than a Feeling myself. Awesome songs and Masters to boot! The other songs, I never really cared for, but that's just me.

Of course, now I don't have enough points for Ikaruga or...maybe anything big? :bomb:

Wife got back from a dinner program all salty and took the TV away from me. I guess I'm relegated to another late night gamer session.:fridge:

I need a :beer:. :cool:

Started playing Crisis Core last night, seems pretty good so far, it looks fantastic and plays well. Only negative thing I can say about it is there are a lot of cutscenes, thats probably normal though, I just don't play RPGs that much.

Also opened up Medal of Honour Airbourne, seemed fantastic after spending time playing through Hour of Victory. Was a bit surprised to see the online MP had dedicated servers, was much the better for it IMO.

[quote name='Apossum']Finished NG: Dragon Sword...ranked 512. Pretty lame that the whole visible scoreboard is cheaters, aside from a few towards the bottom on the Head Ninja board. [/quote]
Just start up a leaderboard post with you and daroga and you'll have something more meaningful. I'll join in the next few days. Chapter 5 in progress.

[quote name='Chacrana']Puhleeze, thats beatmania was in stock and DJ Max is just a ripoff of that anyway.[/QUOTE]
I'm not quite ready to take the plunge for an import PS2. Import beatmania is going to be an expensive hobby.

Finished up my insane playthrough of The Club. I'm going to go ahead and finish DMC4 I think and dump it. If anyone's interested, let me know. It's just not grabbing me as I thought it would, but it's good enough to play through. Just my personal taste it turns out.

I have no idea what to play next, get back into Rock Band perhaps?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Oh, jeez. The OXM review has me wary of Dark Sector now.

RABBLE RABBLE REVIEWS MEAN NOTHING RABBLE RABBLE.

Free portal gamerpics? Why, yes, I would like some, OXM.[/quote]

What is this talk of free portal gamerpics?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Taiko Drum Master definitely needs a US revive.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that every fucking time they bring a Jap rhythm game over to the US, they decide, "hmm... know what this needs? Some Black Eyed Peas. Also, Missy Elliot." I mean, seriously, a game where you do nothing but beat the shit out of drums isn't going to have mass appeal, so why bother fucking up the songlist to have mass appeal when you know your game's going to be a niche thing anyway? It's not like they're required to have like super happy J-pop nonsense... just some good songs.

Ay, there is nothing that can be done.

[quote name='pete5883']I'm not quite ready to take the plunge for an import PS2. Import beatmania is going to be an expensive hobby.[/QUOTE]

Damn right it is. It's pretty much reserved for the caviar crowd. But srsly, DJ Max is incredibly good. And I'm better than all of you because I beat HamSin MX :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:cry:

Nes? Now that system is no way to celebrate. Most of the games on there are purgatory to play through.

Anyway, I'm probably going to go pick up Crisis Core today, and I'm still not sure what to order from Playsia on my second go-round... if anything.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Taiko Drum Master definitely needs a US revive.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I love that game.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Speaking of music games, I wonder how that Wii Parappa the Rapper marching band game will turn out.....

Will it be a half-assed gimmicky wii title or the proper and redeeming sequel to 2?[/QUOTE]I disagree, because I personally really liked the 2nd PaRappa (The fast food theme is still stuck in my head). I didn't like it as much as the first, but I still really liked it. I'm definitely interested in the creators Wii game. :)

They needed more than 5 stages, and a little difficulty in those games, though. Lammy was on the right track (she's on the border, you might say.) If they could get the difficulty to like... Gitaroo Man levels or maybe a little below that (I guess people found the game difficult?) then that'd be good.

Though it's on the Wii? It's probably going to have waggle, and imprecise controls with precision gameplay is not a good combo. So I have no hope for this.

Awesome, drunk bitches outside my apartment at noon!

Speaking of imports, if anyone wants new copies of Digidrive and Dialhex, PM me. I bought them a long time ago, but will never play them.

Gonna try and find a PS1 memory card today, so I can play MGS1 this weekend.

I wonder if MGS1 looks better on the PS3? I don't particularly care, but it'd be cool if it's a bit sharper.

Gonna start the game tonight. This is probably the 193rd time I've played through it.

[quote name='Chacrana']I wonder if MGS1 looks better on the PS3? I don't particularly care, but it'd be cool if it's a bit sharper.

Gonna start the game tonight. This is probably the 193rd time I've played through it.[/QUOTE]

I hear it does with smoothing and all that. Looks REALLY good on an emulator, but unfortunately, it takes a shitload of tweeking to get it to work right with a good framerate and sound, so I'm passing on that.

This will be the 999,999th time I've started it...but I'm actually going to finish it this time.

Got to play some Forza2 last night. The new track pack is full of Italiano/Euro car goodness.

I hope my MGSE gets here today so I have something new (er, well sort of--relatively speaking?) to play this weekend though.

Or HSG or NG DS for that matter. :p

[quote name='Apossum']I hear it does with smoothing and all that. Looks REALLY good on an emulator, but unfortunately, it takes a shitload of tweeking to get it to work right with a good framerate and sound, so I'm passing on that.

This will be the 999,999th time I've started it...but I'm actually going to finish it this time.[/QUOTE]

You never actually finished the original? Mayng, it wasn't even dat long! I remember when Gamespot was bitching about how the game was so short back when it came out 10 years ago... was it October 15, 1998? That's just from memory, so I could be wrong.

But anyway, I luvz diz game. I really should play the VR Missions disc I have, too. I played the shit out of it back when I had the (inferior) PC version, but I haven't opened my PS1 copy yet.

The problem with me replaying MGS1 is, the tutorial stuff that I already know is intertwined with the story in the early codecs. So I hit triangle to skip the tutorial, oh wait, they're talkin story now - oh well too late. Dumb.

Laid down my 3rd MGS pre-order this morning.

[quote name='Chacrana']You never actually finished the original? Mayng, it wasn't even dat long! I remember when Gamespot was bitching about how the game was so short back when it came out 10 years ago... was it October 15, 1998? That's just from memory, so I could be wrong.

But anyway, I luvz diz game. I really should play the VR Missions disc I have, too. I played the shit out of it back when I had the (inferior) PC version, but I haven't opened my PS1 copy yet.[/QUOTE]

I read that review-- they said it was 3 hours long! lies.

yeah, it's strange...I've started both MGS1 and 2 so many times and never finished them. I beat Subsistence in two sittings...that were like 6 months apart :lol:

Anyway, I started MGS2 again the other night and just beat Fatman, but now I want to play MGS1 before I go any further. Then Subsistence after that-- I want to enjoy and understand every last minute of MGS4.

[quote name='pete5883']If you know where you're going, are good at the game, and skip all the codecs and cutscenes, it is 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

Fool, it took me 2 hours when I skipped dat shit.

I'm sorry, but the title of this thread is like the opening of a puberty education video. :lol:

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately... I notice girls more, I have hair growing in strange places, my voice is cracking, and I suddenly have an interest in the bra section of the wal-mart catalog."

[quote name='pete5883']The problem with me replaying MGS1 is, the tutorial stuff that I already know is intertwined with the story in the early codecs. So I hit triangle to skip the tutorial, oh wait, they're talkin story now - oh well too late. Dumb.

Laid down my 3rd MGS pre-order this morning.[/quote]
yeah, but you gotta love the colonel explaining tutorial concepts.

SNAKE
PRESS THE ACTION BUTTON TO CLIMB THE LADDER

[quote name='kainzero']yeah, but you gotta love the colonel explaining tutorial concepts.

SNAKE
PRESS THE ACTION BUTTON TO CLIMB THE LADDER[/quote]

:rofl:

Yeah, I laughed at that one too when I was playing thru Twin Snakes earlier this week. Just the tone of his voice when he gives directions. Hilarious.

Oh, and when he tells you Meryl's codec number is on the back of the "package" , that had me giggling too.

The worst voice in the series has to be the Colonel that's assisting Raiden. Every sentence, no matter how significant, is voiced like it's straight out of a trailer for an action movie.

Oh hai!

Silver DS3 coming my way since they went on sale at P-A for no apparent reason.

Oh, and possum, re: NG: DS
Did you see that you can beat the dragon in normal mode, not hard, to unlock the chick? I've not done it yet because that dragon is as annoying as all get out, but there ya go.

Imports are fun. My Electroplankton is an import. Talk about a localization nightmare! There are at least 8 words in that game to translate! But the US manual and case are crap compared to the Japanese one :(

YES! My NG DS came in! Something to play tomorrow evening when I take the kids to go visit our relatives.

The sword stylus is funny and awesome at the same time. I'll probably just leave it sealed in the bag, though.

Hrm... hopefully DDRMAX will finally get here today so I can decide whether or not I like this series enough to import Supernova from the sale...

damn mail people.

[quote name='daroga']Oh hai!

Did you see that you can beat the dragon in normal mode, not hard, to unlock the chick? I've not done it yet because that dragon is as annoying as all get out, but there ya go.

Imports are fun. My Electroplankton is an import. Talk about a localization nightmare! There are at least 8 words in that game to translate! But the US manual and case are crap compared to the Japanese one :([/QUOTE]

I did see that. Gonna try that out this weekend. On a side note, the 1UP Show has a screen that shows Master Ninja difficulty after Head Ninja, but I think they were just showing a prototype or something. That would be awesome if the game had MN mode.

[quote name='Apossum']I did see that. Gonna try that out this weekend. On a side note, the 1UP Show has a screen that shows Master Ninja difficulty after Head Ninja, but I think they were just showing a prototype or something. That would be awesome if the game had MN mode.[/quote]I'm pretty sure that unlocks after you beat it on HN. That difficulty select screen would be balanced with a 3rd option.

Imports are fun. My Electroplankton is an import. Talk about a localization nightmare! There are at least 8 words in that game to translate! But the US manual and case are crap compared to the Japanese one :([/quote]

I got a white one because it was on sale there yesterday and the silver one wasn't. Weird!

Silver DS3 coming my way since they went on sale at P-A for no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]It's tempting me right now. I could get it a tad cheaper if Meijer has 15% when the DS3 comes, so I'm debating (I do prefer B&M over online ordering). But then again, having silver would be nice.

[quote name='daroga']But the US manual and case are crap compared to the Japanese one :([/QUOTE]Are the Japanese case and manual for Electroplankton really that much better? *has the US version*

[quote name='blueshinra']Are the Japanese case and manual for Electroplankton really that much better? *has the US version*[/quote]The case is shiny.

And the manual is all crazy... wait, is this what your manual is like? http://electroplankton.nintendods.com/_dloads/manual/Electroplankton_Manual.pdf

I thought they made it very vanilla when they brought it here but perhaps I was wrong. Maybe that was some other game. I hope everyone has the cool hand-drawn look :)

[quote name='daroga']The case is shiny.

And the manual is all crazy... wait, is this what your manual is like? http://electroplankton.nintendods.com/_dloads/manual/Electroplankton_Manual.pdf

I thought they made it very vanilla when they brought it here but perhaps I was wrong. Maybe that was some other game. I hope everyone has the cool hand-drawn look :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the imported plankton, and being a huge fan of Toshio Iwai it's definitely worth it since he designed the entire manual. Oh yeah, and I forgot about the blue headphones.

The US copy of Electroplankton was shiny too. But then I sold mines after realizing it's not a very good game.

That, and you can't save to the card.

Edit: Azumanga--that reminds me I need to finish ES myself. How far along are you? My last save I left off, I
met up with Forte's group for the first time.

[quote name='daroga']The case is shiny.

I thought they made it very vanilla when they brought it here but perhaps I was wrong. Maybe that was some other game. I hope everyone has the cool hand-drawn look :)[/QUOTE]Yep, that's it; one of the best game manuals ever. And the case is shiny, too.

what's yall's take on Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins? I got dat, and I played a bit of it a long time ago, but I dunno if its worth hanging onto...

It may not be worth hanging onto if you beat it, but definitely keep it till you beat it. A great highlight on the PSP IMHO... some of the best damn animation I've seen in a 2.5d game in a while.

Honestly, if it's the kind of game that's worth playing through once and then getting rid of... I'd rather just get rid of it now.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is your TV lunar powered or something?[/QUOTE]

Naw son, it's jus that if u play a game during tha day, u a bitch, coz its much betta to play dat shit in tha dark!

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw son, it's jus that if u play a game during tha day, u a bitch, coz its much betta to play dat shit in tha dark![/QUOTE]

lol guess im a bitch then! (playing Fatal Frame 2)

scored Clock Tower from Play N Trade for $8. not bad of a game:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back