Jade Empire (Xbox, Xbox 360)/Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (Xbox) NEW $5 eBay Daily Deal

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wonder how they can sell the games so cheaply. Even if they got them for free, First Class shipping on 2 games is going to be around $3, plus EBay and Paypal fees.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Ebay subsidizes the Deal of the Day in some way.

Ok, what the hell, ordered one. I've been wanting to play Jade Empire for a while. I was going to hold out and go with the PC version, since it has better graphics and some other improvements, but after reading a bunch of forum posts from people fighting with it to get it to work on newer systems, I decided that the XBox version would just be easier.

So, what's the deal with Kingdom Under Fire on the 360 exactly? Will it just not run at all, or will it run but with possible problems? I've only ever bought games that were on the compatibility list in the past (never had an original XBox), so I'm not clear on what the deal is exactly with games that aren't. Not a huge issue if it won't run -- as far as I'm concerned, I bought Jade Empire for $5 and it's a bonus -- just wondering whether I should even bother trying it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wonder how they can sell the games so cheaply. Even if they got them for free, First Class shipping on 2 games is going to be around $3, plus EBay and Paypal fees.[/QUOTE]

If they've come into a large stock of them, it may be better to unload them for little profit than to sit on them. Even if they're only making $1 off of each sale, that's $1 more than they would have had if the games had just sat in a box in their warehouse (taking up space, which can indirectly be a cost) indefinitely.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Probably to resell for more.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, an idiot, whoever that is.

These games are NOT collectibles, nor is there much demand for them.

how could you possibly say no to this? It is such a rare deal and to top it off they are NEW xbox games... I am def in for one.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Indeed, an idiot, whoever that is.

These games are NOT collectibles, nor is there much demand for them.[/QUOTE]
I buy original Xbox games on eBay. Only with combined shipping has the price per game gone below $2.50. So I can see how someone might make a profit.

[quote name='vikingvessel']These folks don't mess around.
Shipping confirmation arrived over an hour ago.

Thanks, OP! wouldn't have known about this one, otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Also got shipping e-mail early Tuesday, with USPS tracking number. Hope the goods are as advertised.

Thanks for all the thanks; you guys are all welcome. I had no idea this would be so popular, given they're last gen games, and one pretty obscure at that. I guess it helps that the price ISN'T wrong. We CAGs just can't help ourselves around $5 games (or $2.50 games, even if one of them will be a coaster for some of us).

OK, I did pass up Disney Sing It! for

Very tempting but if I buy this I'm going to have to start buying everything I missed on the original xbox. Just the way I am.

What a strange daily deal to have on ebay, given how old the games are and since they're for the original Xbox. However, I happen to have been looking for a cheap copy of Kingdom Under Fire Heroes for quite some time now, so this is a perfect opportunity for me to finally get the chance to play it. Shame that this deal comes just 2 weeks after they shut down the original Xbox Live servers though, the game's only multiplayer functionality was through Live so I'll never get a chance to try it online. I loved playing The Crusaders online even though it was only 1v1 and was hoping to give the larger strategic multiplayer a go, but it looks like I'll never get the chance...ah well.

Jade Empire is a nice bonus, but I already have it (with the LE content even I think), and it's also available on PC, so it's not as big of a deal. Maybe I can give it away as a gift to someone that has an Xbox 360 but hasn't played it yet or something.

[quote name='ooga']I ended up breaking down and buying a copy just for Heroes. Now what to do with Jade Empire.[/QUOTE]
An extra copy of one of the greatest games ever can't hurt. :p

[quote name='confoosious']738 sold. how many of these do they have?[/QUOTE]

I think that's why they're selling them so cheap -- if they've got so many, they'd never get rid of all of them at a higher price.

[quote name='confoosious']738 sold. how many of these do they have?

I'm almost tempted to buy another one.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking someone went into a dusty corner of a warehouse and discovered a mother lode.

Here's hoping there's another soon-to-be discovered dusty corner with new copies of KOTOR :)

[quote name='gantt']I'm thinking someone went into a dusty corner of a warehouse and discovered a mother lode.

Here's hoping there's another soon-to-be discovered dusty corner with new copies of KOTOR :)[/QUOTE]

Just put it in your watch items -- they have a lot :) I don't think they'll sell out for a while.

Last qty check: 2083

BTW, I have to say I disliked Jade Empire -- it's not a bad game -- just not my cup of tea.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Just put it in your watch items -- they have a lot :) I don't think they'll sell out for a while.

Last qty check: 2083[/QUOTE]

I thought you were talking about KOTOR there for a while. Gulp.

Does get one thinking, though. Where do you find 6,000 new Xbox games?

[quote name='iRent']Very tempting but if I buy this I'm going to have to start buying everything I missed on the original xbox. Just the way I am.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I did from gamestop and a couple I couldn't get from goozex/ebay. It was too fun. They were like $8 at max, sometimes only 2.

I'm with you guys. How the hell do you find that many Jade Empire/Kingdom under fire games factory sealed? I'd just like to know the story behind these 2 games- that'd be worth $5.00 alone.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']damn I don't have an original xbox how will I play kingdom under fire?[/QUOTE]

Ummm... you won't?

You had to know that going in though, right?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Ummm... you won't?

You had to know that going in though, right?[/QUOTE]

Heh, well, actually I asked about that a while back, and no one answered. Granted, I went in assuming that it wouldn't run (as far as I was concerned, I was buying Jade Empire anyway, don't even really care about the other game), but honestly no, I didn't know for certain. All the official list really says is that the games on it are certified to run in backward compatibility mode, not that games which are not certified won't run at all. There is potentially a big difference.

Of course, since my understanding is that it downloads an individual emulator for each backward compatible game, it would make sense that only those games on the list would run. Still, is it really that far reaching to think that there might be a generic emulator to cover those games that aren't on the list on an at-your-own-risk, may-or-may-not-work basis?

Beyond that, have they really not added backward compatibility for any additional games since November 2007 when the list was last updated? It seems weird that they just stalled out on it there.

[quote name='arcane93']Beyond that, have they really not added backward compatibility for any additional games since November 2007 when the list was last updated? It seems weird that they just stalled out on it there.[/QUOTE]

yeah, this gets me too, in other words ALL LIES! I remember when 360 came out, I was in no way going to budge and give up my trusty ol' Xbox for one. Then the promise of 'all games will be BC..eventually' kind of gave me hope. But yeah, to have 400 out of what? a 2500 game library to support BC is kinda insane. That 'generic' emulator idea isn't a bad one...write MSFT up and say 'WTF?'

thanks OP! bit for jade empire. I bought it from gamestop a bit ago fro like 2 bucks but it didn't come with case and manual. Returned it and have been waiting for a good deal!!

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, this gets me too, in other words ALL LIES! I remember when 360 came out, I was in no way going to budge and give up my trusty ol' Xbox for one. Then the promise of 'all games will be BC..eventually' kind of gave me hope. But yeah, to have 400 out of what? a 2500 game library to support BC is kinda insane. That 'generic' emulator idea isn't a bad one...write MSFT up and say 'WTF?'[/QUOTE]

Always thought that was a cheap move by M$ as well. I remember the list of BC titles at Gamecrazy...So tiny, like their profit margins.

Aha!

[quote name='staindklown']Just got my games today, both factory sealed and complete with the new game smell.[/QUOTE]

Mmm...Mahogany

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, this gets me too, in other words ALL LIES! I remember when 360 came out, I was in no way going to budge and give up my trusty ol' Xbox for one. Then the promise of 'all games will be BC..eventually' kind of gave me hope. But yeah, to have 400 out of what? a 2500 game library to support BC is kinda insane. That 'generic' emulator idea isn't a bad one...write MSFT up and say 'WTF?'[/QUOTE]

Heh, I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, they had still been adding compatibility for additional titles, but had just stopped bothering to maintain the list. I guess that's probably too much to ask, though.

I suppose the reason that they haven't put out a generic emulator is that even if they cover it with "UNSUPPORTED!" and "AT YOUR OWN RISK!" written in huge letters, they'd still get a ton of complaints from people about games that didn't work.

Damn fast shipping. Yeah I guess it's a factory seal. I'm not a professional on the matter but the KUF shrinkwrap still has a small xbox live ad on it, doubt that would be on a reseal. Thanks again op

[quote name='chriscolbert']Ummm... you won't?

You had to know that going in though, right?[/QUOTE]

I just got it for jade empire which is a damn good deal. I guess I will just throw this one in the trash.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Hmm, sale is still going on. I'll probably grab another one for... collection purposes? I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... collection purposes? You do know these are about as collectible as the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

Actually, let me rephrase that -- these are LESS collectible.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Ummm ... collection purposes? You do know these are about as collectible as the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

Actually, let me rephrase that -- these are LESS collectible.[/QUOTE]

Collection purposes doesn't necessarily mean he expects huge profit from them.

[quote name='Vortextk']Damn fast shipping. Yeah I guess it's a factory seal. I'm not a professional on the matter but the KUF shrinkwrap still has a small xbox live ad on it, doubt that would be on a reseal. Thanks again op[/QUOTE]

This is the missing link. This is why someone bought 38 copies earlier - Kingdom Under Fire comes with a 2-month card for Xbox Live. Even those these cards do have expiration dates, I've never heard of anyone having trouble redeeming them.

"Offer not valid on xbox 360 systems" "free 2-month trial subscription code" etc etc, and the fact that I went ahead and tried it but got denied. Yeah the code is worthless at this point, if someone bought these for the code they're screwed.

bread's done
Back