Jade Empire (Xbox, Xbox 360)/Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (Xbox) NEW $5 eBay Daily Deal

Wow what a awesome double pack, and amazing that these games are still sealed.

Jade Empire was a great WRPG from Bioware. It's glaring flaw was the combat as It seemed a bit too easy and abusable in one of those forms where I punched over and over. I went through the game pretty quick without too many challenges.

KUF Heroes was the best KUF game out there and a real shame they never made it backwards. I doubt even the new KUF game will top heroes.

Dang i also was not sure if KUF worked but i noticed someone said KOF does not work on it but that is king of fighters... So i guess i got another reg xbox game that i will just give to my nephew which i doubt he will play long.

Holy crap -- I ordered these late in the day on Tuesday, and they've arrived already. Amazon and GameStop could really stand to learn something about shipping from these guys.

On the other hand, these guys could learn something about packaging from Amazon and Gamestop -- they were just in a plain paper envelope with no padding whatsoever. Still, they appear to have arrived unscathed, so whatever, I guess.

Anyway, yup, both games are factory-sealed and in new condition as promised. Damn, KUF actually looks pretty cool, wish I could play it . . .

Same as arcane.

Paper envelope, but prestine upon opening. I have an Xbox 1 to play both on with methods of accessing the bonus character for Jade Empire, and if I choose to play JE on 360, the BC update has the character included, and has no other online options, so I'm good to go.

Just tried it -- it comes up with the title on the dashboard, making it seem promising, only to tear it all away heartlessly when you actually push the button to run it with the following message:

This original Xbox game is not supported on your Xbox 360 console. An update to support this game may be available. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/games.
Of course, that link just goes to the generic Xbox.com homepage. :cry:

Also, found this article -- from over two years ago now -- that pretty much indicates that it's never going to happen:

http://kotaku.com/342937/xbox-360.backward-compatibility-updates-winding-down

Apparently Microsoft feels that their promises of backward compatibility for Xbox games "has been, from a corporate standpoint, delivered upon" with the handful of titles they've done. fuckers.

Oh well, Jade Empire was what mattered to me anyway. I don't think I'm ever going to bother owning an original Xbox at this point, so I guess I'll be taking my KUF to one of the local video game stores to trade in tomorrow. Even if I only get a buck or two from it, that's better than having it sitting taking up space on my shelf when I can't even play it.

[quote name='arcane93']H
On the other hand, these guys could learn something about packaging from Amazon and Gamestop -- they were just in a plain paper envelope with no padding whatsoever. Still, they appear to have arrived unscathed, so whatever, I guess.

Anyway, yup, both games are factory-sealed and in new condition as promised. Damn, KUF actually looks pretty cool, wish I could play it . . .[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived today, too, and pretty much everything above goes for me as well. $5 for Jade Empire (and a coaster/replacement case ;) ) is an amazing deal.

I'm in for one of these, I've been wanting to pick up Jade Empire for a while. It's only like $7 used at the local gaming store, but I guess I'll save my two bucks and get an extra game thrown in. This definitely makes me glad that I was able to pick up an old Xbox for $8 last year.

I'll take Kingdon Under Fire: Heroes if somebody didn't want theirs.

Just PM me and we'll work something out. Thanks

anyone know how the single-story campaign is in KUF? I heard it was awfully bad -- I already have Jade Empire LE so the only reason I'd get this is for KUF and I'm not sure I need another Samurai Warriors clone.

[quote name='confoosious']give it to charity[/QUOTE]

Heh. Got $7 in credit for it as a trade-in, so in the end it's like I got paid $2 to take Jade Empire! :D

[quote name='arcane93']Heh. Got $7 in credit for it as a trade-in, so in the end it's like I got paid $2 to take Jade Empire! :D[/QUOTE]

where did you trade it at

[quote name='confoosious']well good for you.[/QUOTE]

Hey, believe me, I would have rather played it. But since that wasn't an option, there was no point in keeping it around. Got me off my ass to unload some other stuff that I'm never going to play again as well and make some room on my shelf.

[quote name='DwayneDays']where did you trade it at[/QUOTE]

A local store -- eStarland in Fairfax, VA. I don't think GameStop is taking original Xbox games anymore, unfortunately, so most people are probably out of luck for trading it unless they've got a local store that trades in "classic" games around.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Hey, believe me, I would have rather played it. But since that wasn't an option, there was no point in keeping it around. Got me off my ass to unload some other stuff that I'm never going to play again as well and make some room on my shelf.

A local store -- eStarland in Fairfax, VA. I don't think GameStop is taking original Xbox games anymore, unfortunately, so most people are probably out of luck for trading it unless they've got a local store that trades in "classic" games around.[/QUOTE]

I got a micrplay around here thatll take it, BTW do I need to do anything special to make jade empire run because it wont play for me :(

[quote name='DwayneDays']I cant get JE to run for the life of me :([/QUOTE]

Are you connected to live? You should get an update to download; it's what is needed for all compatible xbox games.

I'm in. I've played JE before, but don't have it anymore. For the price, not too bad. The extra game's just icing.

Thanks op.

both games came the other day and while i was looking forward to jade empire i soon learned that it was just like KotoR... and i am NOT fan of all the dialog.... haven't tried the other game since XBOX1 is currently unplugged, oh well no harm done, it just makes my collection grow

Received mine in a folded-over "PhotoDocument" paper envelope. Lol. Did the trick, though: both games in perfect condition. Pay attention, GoGamer.

Was wondering, why these two games together? Then it struck me that they both feature sword-wielding buxom women with perpetually wind-blown hair in the center of their covers. Could that be the connection? Although one has the good sense to wear armor, while the other not only bares her midriff and, er, other assets but brandishes a flaming sword over her head just milliseconds away from a Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial disaster re-enactment.

Dunno why I notice these things, but it would be fun to group my collection sometime using cover themes: "buxom sword-wielding warrior women", "blonde blue-eyed androgynous emo-types", "brooding spandex superheroes", etc.

If you even remotely like RPGs, then Jade Empire is a must-buy. One of my favorite games, ever. Here's my quick review:

Story - A - You start out as a student that studies the martial arts. Before you know it, your quiet, secluded school home is attacked and your master is taken, and an increadible journey begins to unfold.

Gameplay - A - I played this game multiple times and noticed very few glitches. Combat flows very well, and is more involved than traditional RPGs. In addition to leveling up, you can follow "The Way of the Open Palm" or "The Way of the Closed Fist", and even something in-between. I really like how the game also explains that the "The Way of the Closed Fist" is more of a "survival of the fittest" mentality, and not actually "evil". However, if you decide to be a "bad guy", you'll be getting "Closed Fist" points.

Graphics - B - For a Xbox 1 game, the graphics are good. Unfortunately, HD resolutions are not supported (unless you count 480p), but still look fine, overall. Not sure why this one didn't support 720p out the box, tho...

Music - A - Very good job here. Many of the tunes have an 'epic' feel to them, and fit the story and atmosphere very well. The tracks are on youtube if you're wanting to hear them.

Replay - A - While there are many games that you can get a different ending in, depending on which choices you made in your journey, Jade Empire actually does this VERY WELL. Many games I've played in this catagory have very minute differences, and an ending you can get just doesn't feel worth it. While the bulk of the story will be the same no matter who you choose, there are so many minor elements that will vary accordingly that makes it feel like you're not playing the exact same game again. Being Open Palm/Closed Fist/Evil also makes for many different ways for each scenario to pan out, so there's quite a variety of ways you could play this from start to finish.

[quote name='gantt']Received mine in a folded-over "PhotoDocument" paper envelope. Lol. Did the trick, though: both games in perfect condition. Pay attention, GoGamer.[/QUOTE]

Received mine in the same mailer, but I had made 3 orders (6 games) and the mailer was ripped to shreads with the games hanging out. Luckly, the games remained intact but it was a close one. You could clearly see what the contents were. It was cheap and it got to me in one peice, but they should have used more than one peice of tape and a paper-thin photomailer to ship them.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Received mine in the same mailer, but I had made 3 orders (6 games) and the mailer was ripped to shreads with the games hanging out. Luckly, the games remained intact but it was a close one. You could clearly see what the contents were. It was cheap and it got to me in one peice, but they should have used more than one peice of tape and a paper-thin photomailer to ship them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not advocating this as the way to ship games. The sealing tape was so thin I barely touched the back of it and it split all the way across; I was amazed it survived the shipping process intact. But it was $5 for two new games shipped, and they got away with it this time.

This thread reminds me that I bought Jade Empire in 2005 and I still haven't played it.

Thanks OP. You just saved me countless hours of Google searching for a decent deal on a used copy of JE. Plus if the other game sucks I'll at least walk away with an extra case. Definitely a win-win situation either way.

I was wondering why you bumped this thread. I got this when it was first around, haven't played Jade Empire, but don't have an original xbox so I sold KUF:H for a couple bucks profit on glyde...essentially making JE cheaper.

Thanks OP, I bit. Haven't played either but loved Mass Effect. And don't own an old Xbox so I'll probably give away KUF to a friend.

Amen. I'm still astonished by how I managed to find a mint copy of JE that fast for that price but now I'm reasonably suspicious, haha. Either way since the seller hadn't screwed me I'd bite on this before it disappears for good. I haven't played the second game that shipped with it yet but Jade Empire is one hell of a great RPG. I just need to reserve some time to beat it.

Great find. I will buy it as soon as I get home >_> don't trust people behind me and these computers at my university.

i STILL haven't played the copy I got from the last time this was offered.

But if you're wondering, both games came in excellent shape.

a++++= seller! would buy from again!

bread's done
Back