Jade Empire (Xbox, Xbox 360)/Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (Xbox) NEW $5 eBay Daily Deal

[quote name='confoosious']But if you're wondering, both games came in excellent shape.[/QUOTE]

Same here, though to be fair, that wasn't entirely the seller's fault. My games came in a thin paper envelope with no padding whatsoever. They were in good condition, but I consider that more luck than the seller's great shipping method.

That being said, it's a great deal, so it's well worth going after if you're interested in the games. Worst case scenario if you get a broken case or something, replacement cases aren't that expensive.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Did JE receive a platinum hits release?[/QUOTE]

It got an "XBox Classics" release in the UK, but no Platinum Hits release in the US, no. The copy that I got when I ordered last time around was a US copy with the original cover art.

Impulse buy FTW. I had a PayPal balance of $4.41 leftover from a while ago, so 59 cents out of pocket for two new games isn't bad. ;)

I actually used to own JE a looong time ago from a random GameStop B2G1 sale. Before I got a chance to play it, I loaned it to a friend and never saw it again. These will be the only original Xbox games currently in my collection, so they'll look kinda funny on the shelf. Maybe I should buy a few others now.

[quote name='confoosious']for $5 maybe i should order and keep a sealed one in my collection. hmmm...[/QUOTE]

just do it! I bet you haven't bought anything yet this week..$5 ain't nothing and og Xbox games are getting harder and harder to find..

[quote name='Blank Earth']Did JE receive a platinum hits release?[/QUOTE]

It had two U.S. releases. The original first-print release was the "Limited Edition" with the shiny red cover and a bonus disc. Remaining printings have the gray cover without the bonus disc. I have heard that the bonus content is automatically available if you play it on the 360 though, regardless if you have the Limited Edition or not.

For anyone considering this deal who's only interested in Jade Empire, I just checked Amazon and it is being offered by a third-party seller for $4.79, eligible for FSSS.

thanks OP, in for one
even the cereal I bought at walmart was like $4.4, these two games are definite worth more than a box of cereal

[quote name='Ryuukishi']For anyone considering this deal who's only interested in Jade Empire, I just checked Amazon and it is being offered by a third-party seller for $4.79, eligible for FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Lol anyone SO cheap that they would pay 21 cents less just to only get Jade Empire and not KoF, you sir are a true CAG... Not sure if that's a compliment or insult tho...

[quote name='Darknuke']Lol anyone SO cheap that they would pay 21 cents less just to only get Jade Empire and not KoF, you sir are a true CAG... Not sure if that's a compliment or insult tho...[/QUOTE]
I just meant, no need to rush to jump on this deal because Jade Empire is being offered for similar prices elsewhere. :) Not all of us have original Xboxes to play non-BC games anyway.

also, the one on amazon is prime eligible. and i know i wont have problems with amazon customer service. and i have no need for KUF. When I got it the last time, i dumped it right away.

[quote name='confoosious']and i have no need for KUF. When I got it the last time, i dumped it right away.[/QUOTE]

Though in a way, that's an argument for going with this deal instead of Amazon. When I got it last time, I dumped KUF right away too -- for $7, when I had paid $5 for both games. So I actually came out ahead by $2 and essentially got Jade Empire for free. I don't know that it would necessarily be possible to do that again at this point, but even if you only got a couple dollars for KUF, that still makes the deal better.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, i don't like dealing with ebay on such a low value item. and nobody around here will take that in for trade.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah, I was lucky in that I was able to trade it at a local store for that amount. If I had actually had to put it on ebay or something, it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

[quote name='dumlaox']Bought. Thanks OP.

For those playing Jade Empire on the 360, the good news is that the update to make it playable on the 360 includes the Limited Edition content. I don't remember if there was other DLC for the game, though.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this? Does this still work???

[quote name='Rozz']It had two U.S. releases. The original first-print release was the "Limited Edition" with the shiny red cover and a bonus disc. Remaining printings have the gray cover without the bonus disc. I have heard that the bonus content is automatically available if you play it on the 360 though, regardless if you have the Limited Edition or not.[/QUOTE]

The two CAGs are claiming that the regular JE which will run on a xbox 360 after updates will have the extra content released in the Limited/Special Edition of the game. Is this true? I really want to know, even though I have it and I do not know how to tell if this is going to work. I buy the game only to get the extra content and play the game to the fullest. Anyone care to share?

Jade Empire is confirmed by me to be BC. I have not tried the Kingdom Under Fire game yet. Jade Empire is just too fun o_O

[quote name='Matedawg11']Are these backwards compatible because I dont have my Xbox anymore?[/QUOTE]

It's called "reading the OP."

Jade Empire is an original Xbox game that is BC on 360. BioWare, decent reviews. 1200 points on Live.

Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes also got decent reviews. Not BC, unfortunately.

[quote name='Jhuntley']This just makes me wish MS would take the time to make more games Backwards compatible.[/QUOTE]

LOL. MS stopped updating the BC list 3 years ago. They couldn't even be bothered to put a working link to the BC list on xbox.com after their recent makeover:
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/how-to/update-xbox-360/compatability.aspx

I'm primarily sad that "Men of Valor" never got the BC treatment, but given MS' focus today (Kinectimals, anyone?) I'm sure the original Xbox demographic is the last thing on their minds.

Jade Empire is totally worth this price. For those who loved KOTOR I/II and/or Bioware fans in general, you shouldn't pass this up! Beats getting an ugly used Gamestop copy any day.

bread's done
Back