Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you looking to get Steins;Gate 0 it appears Amazon may be the only US retailer selling it initially.
Anyone who is curious about the game, it is definitely worth the money. Finished my first playthrough last night and it was a great read. Working on the other 5 endings now, but if you liked the first one you should definitely like this too.

I really need to quit checking out 3DS gameplay footage on my computer. That garbage 400x240 render resolution always looks so terrible when blown up onto a 24" monitor. It's never good even on the 3DS screen but that's at least a lot smaller.

King of Fighters XIV is currently on sale at Best Buy for $31.99 and $39.99 after GCU for anyone considering getting them also keep in mind SNK revealed yesterday the game will be getting an update to improve the graphics of the game.

The King of Fighters XIV version 1.10 patch includes graphics boost

The King of Fighters XIV Steelbook Launch Edition - $31.99 w/ GCU

The King of Fighters XIV "Burn to Fight" Premium Edition - $39.99 w/GCU

This isn't game related, but Ghostbusters 1 & 2 steelbook is on that list. They are nice.
Actually it is gaming related since you forgot about this gem.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ghostbusters-playstation-4/5052301.p?skuId=5052301

Just kidding I meant the 2009 game which if anyone has played knows how great that game is and how it's the true sequel to the classic movies.

King of Fighters XIV is currently on sale at Best Buy for $31.99 and $39.99 after GCU for anyone considering getting them also keep in mind SNK revealed yesterday the game will be getting an update to improve the graphics of the game.

The King of Fighters XIV version 1.10 patch includes graphics boost

The King of Fighters XIV Steelbook Launch Edition - $31.99 w/ GCU

The King of Fighters XIV "Burn to Fight" Premium Edition - $39.99 w/GCU

Actually it is gaming related since you forgot about this gem.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ghostbusters-playstation-4/5052301.p?skuId=5052301

Just kidding I meant the 2009 game which if anyone has played knows how great that game is and how it's the true sequel to the classic movies.
Are you getting it? It's got a lot of waifus in it, one of the most for a fighting game (Arcana Heart, Dead or Alive, or Skullgirls probably has the most.) My favorite is Angel.

The only thing I know about the 2009 Ghost Busters game is that AVGN praised the hell out of it, and also said the same thing about being a sequel.

BlackRockWaifu, on 28 Nov 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

SALE IS LIVE! PRICES ARE UP! GET YOUR BOOBIE MOUSEPADS 20% OFF!

Iffy sale is about to go up I think. I see the items marked with their %s off but the prices haven't updated yet.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/

NISA store sale should be up soon too I guess.

Edit: WTF!? The MSRP for the hat is $38... even with the 32% off, it'll be around $25... for a hat.

I guess saving $1 or $2 bucks on a booby mouse pad is worth it? cant find it anywhere else that cheap... my wallet this coming up month :'(

I guess saving $1 or $2 bucks on a booby mouse pad is worht it? cant find it anywhere else that cheap... my wallet :'(
I can say it's kind of comfortable though I think the picture on the mouse pad looks a bit blurry somewhat. Good quality on the material though.

Are you getting it? It's got a lot of waifus in it, one of the most for a fighting game (Arcana Heart, Dead or Alive, or Skullgirls probably has the most.) My favorite is Angel.

The only thing I know about the 2009 Ghost Busters game is that AVGN praised the hell out of it, and also said the same thing about being a sequel.
I have KOF 13 (first time I played the franchise) and my main was Mai who I did best with followed by Athena and Yuri. I could never get good with Leona even tho she was my waifu for that series even prior to playing the games. I plan to get it but I feel it's still too pricey since I doubt I'll play it that much because I only ever played KOF 13 with a friend which most of the time was her kicking my ass since she was a hardcore KOF fan.

Didn't see anyone post this but Amazon has

:pc: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth Limited Edition Trilogy Pack $70 $40

Pretty much just the first 3 games remade, remastered for PC with a few of the limited edition goodies taken from each one. Alternatively, the Amazon Warehouse price is $28.50, so you can get the goodies without the game (most likely) for that price, which is a steal. Considering how expensive the past LEs are.
Reviews on Amazon are kinda harsh on this one, left over crappy merchandise and shitty box etc

Didn't see anyone post this but Amazon has

:pc: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth Limited Edition Trilogy Pack $70 $40

Pretty much just the first 3 games remade, remastered for PC with a few of the limited edition goodies taken from each one. Alternatively, the Amazon Warehouse price is $28.50, so you can get the goodies without the game (most likely) for that price, which is a steal. Considering how expensive the past LEs are.
Honestly, I don't really see the value in the trilogy pack. At the original asking price, it was absurd considering the fairly lackluster extras and really lack of extras. You've been able to buy the games as low as $6 each on a regular basis. Now if it was a physical DRM free disc copy, then I'd probably say it's alright at $40. Since it's not, I'd really say it's worth $30 at most and that's with the game codes.

Reviews on Amazon are kinda harsh on this one, left over crappy merchandise and shitty box etc
As much as I love the franchise, I completely agree with them. If they had put a little more effort into it, I would've bought it even though I already have all 3 on the Vita and can't even run them on my PC. The box looks pretty crappy, the Artbook is just the same one from the 3rd game, which wasn't very good, and the soundtrack from the 2nd game doesn't even come with a jewel case from what is shown. Also, no LE item from the first game, which was the rarest and the only one I don't have. Very disappointing and obviously a cheap cash in, especially when they have been on sale on Steam numerous times. This is coming from a Neptunia super-fan too. /end rant.

SALE IS LIVE! PRICES ARE UP! GET YOUR BOOBIE MOUSEPADS 20% OFF!

Iffy sale is about to go up I think. I see the items marked with their %s off but the prices haven't updated yet.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/

NISA store sale should be up soon too I guess.

Edit: WTF!? The MSRP for the hat is $38... even with the 32% off, it'll be around $25... for a hat.
Nice price on Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force LE. Same as the GCU price for standard.

I already beat it on PS3, so I'm not sure it's worth it. I liked the game, but I'm not especially interested in playing it a second time.

Nice price on Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force LE. Same as the GCU price for standard.

I already beat it on PS3, so I'm not sure it's worth it. I liked the game, but I'm not especially interested in playing it a second time.
Yeah, it is tempting, but digital is only $12 till tomorrow on PSN. Probably going to go for that myself...

Cool, thanks for the GCU comparison! Always thought it was cheaper for some reason.

Ended up not getting it though, I don't really like the wallscroll, not something I would hang up unlike the Noire one, and I guess I have enough Art books. One of the few rare times I was able to reason myself into not buying something...

So now thats its officially midnight, I have to say I have been loving XV so far. The intro scene with the music playing in the background put a huge smile on my face.

MvC4 might be a thing.

All I want is the homie Jin to be in MvC4

tumblr_mwklg6Gujq1rjn1pyo1_1280.jpg

mvc4 with no xmen sounds like a dud.
No X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, or Deadpool if Fox has anything to do with this. The article does state however there's some good news for Marvel vs Capcom 3 fans so perhaps it'll get a PS4 re-release with all the DLC and be called Ultra Marvel vs Capcom 3 ala Ultra Street Fighter 4. Also either this will be PS4 exclusive* or Spider-Man will be PS4 exclusive if Xbox One gets it too. Just give me Mega Man again Capcom, oh and Roll too! I loved playing Roll in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

*Also available on PC

No X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, or Deadpool if Fox has anything to do with this. The article does state however there's some good news for Marvel vs Capcom 3 fans so perhaps it'll get a PS4 re-release with all the DLC and be called Ultra Marvel vs Capcom 3 ala Ultra Street Fighter 4. Also either this will be PS4 exclusive* or Spider-Man will be PS4 exclusive if Xbox One gets it too. Just give me Mega Man again Capcom, oh and Roll too! I loved playing Roll in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

*Also available on PC
Fox only owns the film rights. Marvel has the game rights and its on them if they want to let them use Deadpool.

Fox only owns the film rights. Marvel has the game rights and its on them if they want to let them use Deadpool.
Yeah I know that but there was a rumor like a year ago or so stating the reason why a MvC4 won't happen is partially due to Fox having the license film rights to some of the Marvel franchises. I'm not sure how accurate that rumor was or if it's legit at all but seeing as this new rumor states X-Men won't make an appearance it seems to help the previous one. Tho it could just be Disney also being bitter with Fox not giving them their film rights back since they cancelled the Fantastic Four comics and put it on hiatus. I can honestly see it being the latter as there was games like Lego Marvel Super Heroes which features X-Men and Fantastic Four.

*Also available on PC
Hell, at that rate there won't be anyone left but Shuma-Gorath.

*Also available on PC
I'd rather have ultra tatsunoko vs capcom on ps4. maybe add spiderman in there too.

Just a reminder that the Steam Autumn Sale ends today at noon Central time (Less than 5 hours after this post). The Winter Sale usually takes place around/after Christmas. Games may or may not be the same price or some that are on sale now may not be then and vise versa. Last year some prices went up slightly, however the prices this year seem a little higher than usual in the Autumn Sale for some things.

Link to my post earlier, which I have not updated since the first day I posted it.

I still have an extremely hard time believing MvC4 would ever happen. Now the teaser image was revealed to be fake too.

I can't see how they can even do the game without using the Fox's side of characters. That's like a quarter of the entire roster, considering the amount of XMen characters in each game. And that side is usually the strongest too, Cable, Storm, Sentinel, and Magneto in MvC2, and Pheonix, Magneto, and Doctor Doom in MvC3.

The MCU is great, but there's only so many Avengers and Gotg characters you can put in the game. Unless they go crazy and add in Star Wars and Disney characters...

That being said, would love to see Lady kick ass in 4.

I can't see how they can even do the game without using the Fox's side of characters. That's like a quarter of the entire roster, considering the amount of XMen characters in each game. And that side is usually the strongest too, Cable, Storm, Sentinel, and Magneto in MvC2, and Pheonix, Magneto, and Doctor Doom in MvC3.
I can believe that MvsC4 would happen, largely because Disney has shifted into full-on licensing mode for its video game adaptations, and they haven't had the success they were hoping for with some of the other developers/publishers they've worked with on the Marvel IPs. In a situation like that, one of the first courses of action is to go back to a formula that has worked well in the past. For Marvel + video games, the most successful solution has always been Marvel + Capcom. And I'm not just talking about the MvsC series. Capcom has always "got" Marvel characters and comic aesthetics, and has consistently produced good to great games using the Marvel licenses. They have one of the most consistent track records for translating Marvel properties into critically acclaimed video games. (and there have been a LOT of different companies who have tried)

As to the roster, I'd imagine that certain mainstays from the X-Men will still show up, most notably Wolverine. While I could totally see them start to lean towards other popular Marvel movie properties to cross-promote, there's no way they wouldn't have Wolverine in it. A lot of the other X-Men characters might get cut though. Wolverine and Cyclops are the most obvious that I would assume would be coming back. Iceman, Psylock, Gambit, Rogue, Storm and Magneto should probably be worried. Juggernaut is a bit of a wild card, though it wouldn't surprise me if he gets cut. (since Hulk will likely be prominently featured) The character I would be most upset about is Sentinel. I always loved Sentinel, right back to Children of the Atom. If Deadpool gets cut, it will be a pretty obvious middle finger to Fox, as he is a popular character who works well in the context of a game like this.

I don't think there is really all that much to worry about though. Marvel has a capacious catalog, to the point where they already have to pick and choose who makes it in. After the film success of Dr. Strange, he's a shoe-in for a featured spot, as are villains usually associated with him like Dormamu and Shuma-Gorrath. It wouldn't surprise me if Black Panther makes the cut, despite his slightly more minimalistic outfit. I wouldn't mind seeing the Winter Soldier become a playable character. And of course, Spider-Man will almost certainly be making a comeback. I would expect to see a few of the more interesting Inhuman characters show up, such as Medusa or Black Bolt.

Stardew Valley is releasing on December 13th on PS4 and December 14th on the Xbox One. Highly recommended game if you like Harvest Moon games.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/803690667226431488

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-z9YFtqs0

Stardew Valley is releasing on December 13th on PS4 and December 14th on the Xbox One. Highly recommended game if you like Harvest Moon games.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/803690667226431488

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-z9YFtqs0
This is like the most bomb news ever.

Time to get some PSN credit and hope they patch Co-op soon.

Stardew Valley is one of the recent indie-game success stories. It's creator worked on it for years before releasing it. And even after its release, he has continued to gather feedback from the community and support the game with regular patches and content updates. I picked it up off of Good Old Games. I don't necessarily recommend it for everyone. But if you've ever enjoyed a game like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing, then I STRONGLY recommend it. It will scratch that particular itch, and it will scratch it hard. I do feel that the creator ought to get a decent amount of support after all the work he has put into the game, and continues to put into it. He's really just been a textbook example of how to handle this sort of thing correctly.

If they release a physical copy of Stardew Valley, I will be all over it.

Course LRG wouldn't release Stardew Valley mainly because they like to produce physical copies that don't need future patches or DLC. It's consistently getting updated so sounds like a big no go.

There is a guide for it though:

https://www.fangamer.com/products/stardew-valley-guidebook

Fangamer makes nice ones too as I can attest from my Mother 3 Guide from them. However all the information on there is also on the wiki and like nitro said, the game is continually being updated. That means that it may not be useful information wise down the road. I think today is the last day for free shipping from them too (+50% off international shipping).

I think the game will eventually get a Limited Run Games release, but I don't expect it anytime soon at all. They've also mentioned they are interested in it too:

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/774957560856182786

Twitter Link if it's not showing.

I'm also not expecting the co-op patch until mid to late 2017. Not sure how much the console versions will lag behind the PC either. Wii U version was also cancelled, but at the same time was announced that they'll be putting it on the Switch instead.

Wow I didn't even realize Stardew was coming to console. I'm gonna buy that in a heartbeat, for some reason I just can't force myself to buy PC/Mac games even though I have a much more powerful computer now.

Wow I didn't even realize Stardew was coming to console. I'm gonna buy that in a heartbeat, for some reason I just can't force myself to buy PC/Mac games even though I have a much more powerful computer now.
I was the same way for years until I finally snagged Trails in the Sky, and TiTS:SC. They did a nice port for it and I find it quite enjoyable. Of course, I'd much rather play games on a console.

I was the same way for years until I finally snagged Trails in the Sky, and TiTS:SC. They did a nice port for it and I find it quite enjoyable. Of course, I'd much rather play games on a console.
That game is what renewed me getting into PC gaming and steam games. LoH:TiTS is such a great game to play on the PC.

Still need to finish three.

It only feels proper playing a game like Stardew Valley on a console. All that 16bit nostalgia. Gotta admit, that video has me suddenly interested in a game I didn't think I cared about.

I've been waiting for the console release even though I'm sure my laptop could run it. I also got Harvest Moon Save the Homeland from the PSN sale a couple weeks ago to play too.

Love me some farming games

bread's done
Back