Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the fire emblem fates fans.

godofwar71475810164.jpeg
Sexy. Just got my Lucina figma recently, wish there was more FE merch and it seems to be finally starting to happen

Tales of Berseria’s Western Release Date Announced; Gets Giant Collector’s Edition - Amazon

ngdjsw.jpg

Bandai Namco revealed the collector’s edtion for their RPG Tales of Berseria, coming to PlayStation 4 on January 24 in North America and January 27 in Europe.

The collector’s edition will include:
  • Exclusive Tales of Berseria SteelBook case
  • Velvet and Laphicet Chibi Kyun Chara figures
  • Exclusive 8-Bit retro keychain set
  • Special Selection Music CD
  • Hardcover prequel novel “A Witch’s Tale: A World Full of Daemons”
  • Set of Tales of Berseria trading cards
  • Tales of Berseria starter strategy guide artbook

Tales of Berseria’s Western Release Date Announced; Gets Giant Collector’s Edition - Amazon

30073899521_fdbd074c8f_o.jpg

Bandai Namco revealed the collector’s edtion for their RPG Tales of Berseria, coming to PlayStation 4 on January 24 in North America and January 27 in Europe.

Even at $99.99, I'd have a hard time biting on that CE, nice steelbook or not. $149.99 is just way too much.

I agree. It's worth $100 at most in my opinion.

Glad to see it release on PC simultaneously with the PS4 version like Zestiria did. I'll probably just end up buying the Steam version as Zestiria ran pretty well. I really hope this one isn't locked to 30FPS again.

Oh good, Gravity Rush 2, Tales of Berseria, Resident Evil 7 and Yakuza 0 all releasing at pretty much the same time.

And I missed out on the Berseria CE preorder on Amazon.

Thanks Obama.

Tales of Berseria’s Western Release Date Announced; Gets Giant Collector’s Edition - Amazon

ngdjsw.jpg

Already showing as unavailable at Amazon, that was what, an hour? It was not applying my 20% prime discount but that will most likely get fixed before Jan 24th and it was not enough to stop me from clicking the checkout button. Worst part is all of the other stuff that is coming out in Q1 of 2017 and is going to be murder on my wallet. Additionally, this only leaves me three weeks to truly enjoy it before Persona drops on the 14th and all bets are off.

I can practically guarantee that preorders for the Berseria CE will open back up closer to the release date. People probably saw the limited-to-10,000 part and preordered even if they can't afford it because Amazon doesn't charge until items ship.

I can practically guarantee that preorders for the Berseria CE will open back up closer to the release date. People probably saw the limited-to-10,000 part and preordered even if they can't afford it because Amazon doesn't charge until items ship.
Yeah, probably.

I'm still going to be salty about it for now though.

That Berseria CE looks neat, but I won't get it unless I have a discount. $150 is a bit too much. I remember the Zesteria CE being on Bestbuy and getting mine from them . Hopefully the same happens with the Berseria CE but if not, oh well... I'll probably end up get the regular version of the game and order that figure of Velvet instead. 

Don't worry, they'll print more if needed, ala Symphonia Chronicles.
or xillia 1 or xillia 2 ect. hearts r is the only ce they haven't done a reprint of or had lots of extra copies laying around for forever. vesperia ce remains the only other one they haven't reprinted since they started doing

As much as I blame Obama for everthing, I'm kinda thinking he did you a favor. Every Tales CE has seen a major price drop.
well besides vesperia and hearts r's.

ce's.

Count on demand for Berseria CE being higher than previous games as there is no EU CE.
is it possible they just haven't announced one yet? or are they gonna pull a hearts r for eu where there will only be 5 autographed ce's from a contest >.>

well besides vesperia and hearts r's.
ce's.
I kinda want to those don't count. Vesperia was a 360 exclusive and we all know 360 players only care about shooting stuff.
And I can't even begin to explain what they were thinking with hearts being a gamestop exclusive. Way to limit your audience of an already niche market.

I kinda want to those don't count. Vesperia was a 360 exclusive and we all know 360 players only care about shooting stuff.
And I can't even begin to explain what they were thinking with hearts being a gamestop exclusive. Way to limit your audience of an already niche market.
hearts r wasn't a gamestop exclusive. But that's beating a dead horse on that argument.

I missed preordering the Tales of Berseria CE at Amazon due to Hurricane Matthew. I placed a preorder through GameStop, but I'm hoping some more comes up on Amazon.

That Berseria CE looks neat, but I won't get it unless I have a discount. $150 is a bit too much. I remember the Zesteria CE being on Bestbuy and getting mine from them . Hopefully the same happens with the Berseria CE but if not, oh well... I'll probably end up get the regular version of the game and order that figure of Velvet instead.
agreed, seems they are pushing that price for all their tales ce's and eventually they will get to 100 or cheaper, wish they would stop including a figure just to hike the price, running out of room to store ce's anyway plus i dont do any thing with them so i just stopped paying for those, will wait for the regular to drop before getting since usually dlc get expensive anyway

I just hope you're safe. Not near New York luckily. Do take care though.
Thanks for the well wishes. I was in Port Orange, directly south of Daytona Beach. We got hit hard, and had no power for 24 hours, but we are ok. Now the power/internet is back, no structural damage to my parents house, and it's absolutely gorgeous outside.

Thanks for the well wishes. I was in Port Orange, directly south of Daytona Beach. We got hit hard, and had no power for 24 hours, but we are ok. Now the power/internet is back, no structural damage to my parents house, and it's absolutely gorgeous outside.
That's good to hear. I'm in the Orlando area. The internet went out for a day, but we didn't lose power thankfully. Probably canceling some pre-orders (PS4Pro, Final Fantasy XV) until some minor home repairs are finished up, though. My fence kind of ate it and the roof for an added-on room needs work.

And my bank just let me know they way underestimated contributions to the escrow account (nice timing guys), so they're also asking for $1500. So yeah, I'm hosed for a bit. Will probably need to cancel way more things (but never Shantae dammit :p).

And my bank just let me know they way underestimated contributions to the escrow account (nice timing guys), so they're also asking for $1500. So yeah, I'm hosed for a bit. Will probably need to cancel way more things (but never Shantae dammit :p).
Holy Shit, I just mailed a check yesterday for my shortage of $133, and I'm bitter. At $1500, I might be going on a shooting spree :twoguns: LOL!

My mortgage is with BoA, and it boggles my mind annually how they can't get closer on the escrow account than they do. I guess in this day and age, for a bank to actually produce numbers that make sense is just not what they do any more. They would rather nickel and dime every American with fees and BS, so that trust is completely eroded beyond belief.

Holy Shit, I just mailed a check yesterday for my shortage of $133, and I'm bitter. At $1500, I might be going on a shooting spree :twoguns:LOL!

My mortgage is with BoA, and it boggles my mind annually how they can't get closer on the escrow account than they do. I guess in this day and age, for a bank to actually produce numbers that make sense is just not what they do any more. They would rather nickel and dime every American with fees and BS, so that trust is completely eroded beyond belief.
Mine underestimated the property taxes by $400-something, and this is the first audit they've done in two years. So it was $400-something off last year and went negative, then this year's contributions weren't high enough so it's behind another $400. Hazard Insurance was off by a couple hundred, then there's some minimum balance of about $500 they want to get the account to to bring the total to about $1500. It sucks, but it looks like they're correct about what I owe them. I'm really surprised they underestimated the taxes by that much, but I guess I'm paying now for what was effectively an extra ~$900 I didn't have to pay across two years prior.

Mine underestimated the property taxes by $400-something, and this is the first audit they've done in two years. So it was $400-something off last year and went negative, then this year's contributions weren't high enough so it's behind another $400. Hazard Insurance was off by a couple hundred, then there's some minimum balance of about $500 they want to get the account to to bring the total to about $1500. It sucks, but it looks like they're correct about what I owe them. I'm really surprised they underestimated the taxes by that much, but I guess I'm paying now for what was effectively an extra ~$900 I didn't have to pay across two years prior.
I guess I should count my blessings, as BoA does their assessment annually at the same time, so I know when it's coming, and to save a few hundred just to cover it.

The first few years we where at this house, it would be over, then under, then over and then under. Now it's always under, and we have had to pay for the last 3 years straight.

Taxes and insurance are the only real variables of it all(at least in my situation), and if they knew "numbers", which they should considering their a bank, all they should have to do is look at every year and what the average tax increase was, and just add that each year to the escrow account, instead of waiting until it's hundreds in the negative. It won't be to the penny, but it would be damn close.

Like I said, banks are no longer in the business of numbers, as that requires work, thinking, and accountability. How many families can just pull a few thousand out of their asses at the whims of the bank? That's what they are counting on, so they can charge interest or fees when it takes longer to pay the shortages back. Banks are fuck ing scum!

Any single people live in a house with multiple bathrooms by themselves? Do you always use the same bathroom or do you switch around for a change of scenery?

Any single people live in a house with multiple bathrooms by themselves? Do you always use the same bathroom or do you switch around for a change of scenery?
I'm a household of 3 with 2.5 bath. I switch around. Actually had to get a Netgear WiFi extender to cover my upstairs bathroom.

I missed preordering the Tales of Berseria CE at Amazon due to Hurricane Matthew. I placed a preorder through GameStop, but I'm hoping some more comes up on Amazon.
I missed it too but im thankful me and my family are safe too!! I know its making a loop so wondering if its coming back to finish us up

The hell just happened. This is where people go to escape their mortgages and wives. Let's get back to talking about anime waifus and our backlogs of games.

Meant to ask but completely forgot over the houses but as a person whose only ever played DBZ Budokai 3 and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 1, 2, and 3 with the 3rd being my all time favorite that any other future DBZ game hasn't peeked my interest since, what is the expectation on Xenoverse 2? How was the first one? Does this seem like a huge improvement over the first game? I know there's a demo out soon which I might try out. Have some Videl booty figurine for your trouble.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-figures-pre-order/20920-dragon-ball-gals-videl-megahouse-.html

dragon-ball-gals-videl-megahouse-.jpg

bread's done
Back