Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Son of a bitch man. So I'm sitting here playing my second play through of P5 trying to get the plat. I'm in October wrapping up the last few trophies, and in going over all the requests. I notice one is missing. I missed one of Mishima's requests and will now need a 3rd play through.

Son of a bitch man. So I'm sitting here playing my second play through of P5 trying to get the plat. I'm in October wrapping up the last few trophies, and in going over all the requests. I notice one is missing. I missed one of Mishima's requests and will now need a 3rd play through.
Or you can just stop caring about literally meaningless trophies and just play to enjoy the game.

You missed the second sentence where he explicitly said he started a second run to get the platinum trophy. Also, maybe he enjoys earning trophies like I do.
First Persona game, absolutely loved it. I consider it an accomplishment to Platinum games, and usually try to with most games I play. To each their own.

I for one love when people act like they're too good for trophies/achievements. It's cute.

Just like when people were defending the Switch and Nintendo for not having them by acting like they're far too superior for something like that.

You missed the second sentence where he explicitly said he started a second run to get the platinum trophy. Also, maybe he enjoys earning trophies like I do.
Hence my point entirely, try to keep up. Maybe he does enjoy it however it was unclear by the "Son of a bitch man..." part which made it sound like a negative chore to do. But I understand some such as yourself need that digital pat on the back.

I for one love when people act like they're too good for trophies/achievements. It's cute.

Just like when people were defending the Switch and Nintendo for not having them by acting like they're far too superior for something like that.
Keep telling yourself that ;) *pat pat

Don't worry Miku will never hate you for posting Digital Anime Girl Faces.
Yup...with waifus the possibilities are utterly endless! WOOO!

I don't understand why a bunch of the DLC is Vita exclusive...
Falcom and NISA be like, yeah we do something for Vita since the PS4 and PC get an exclusive dungeon.

[attachment=27964:Ys-VIII-Lacrimosa-of-Dana-Vita-40.jpg]

Who knows, but it's the same way in Japan for whatever reason so we're not likely to get it. The pirate costumes are kind of neat too.

Seems like there's also hidden DLC that unlocks if you purchase both games digitally in Japan. May or may not be the same here, but here's the contents of it:

Armor
1x Thief Gauntlets (Increases drop rate)

Accessories
1x Feather Socks (+5% Avoidance, +15% Movement Speed)
1x Eagle Feather (Doubles the duration of Flash Move bar)
1x Slash Medal (adds slash to attack type)
1x Shoot Medal (adds shoot to attack type)
1x Strike Medal (adds strike to attack type)

Consumables
3x Full potions
50x Fish bait

Playable Persona character in Blazblue CTB to be revealed September 15th. It's probably only going to be a character from P4A/P4U, so no new P5 character.

Hopefully my main Akihiko, or Labrys will be in it.

I love collecting trophies too, but you are on an entirely different level, you are truly the Trophy King. You'll probably hit level 50 before I hit 20. But looking through the list, there's actually 1 platinum that I have that you don't for a game we both played. And that's Final Fantasy XIII-2. I'll take that victory.

But one of these days, Vic is gonna claim your Trophy King title. I had to grind 200 ranked matches in UMvC3 with him for a single silver trophy. That's dedication right there.

4 Platinum Trophy Club here. If it happens, it happens. I've got too many games to play to bother spending time doing things that I don't care about. I get as much as I want out of a game and move on. Then if I feel like it, I'll go back to it later. Too many trophies are grindy.

ah... i went through that phase too. collecting trophies, wanting to prove myself as a gamer. i grew out of it once i realized how little the reward was for something so time consuming.

sure at one point i was happy to say i have a platinum for such and such game, even the extremely difficult and rare ones that required the coordination of a 10 man party that lasted an entire week... but looking back now, it was a silly way of killing time.

now i like to take naps under the sun.

Playable Persona character in Blazblue CTB to be revealed September 15th. It's probably only going to be a character from P4A/P4U, so no new P5 character.

Hopefully my main Akihiko, or Labrys will be in it.

I love collecting trophies too, but you are on an entirely different level, you are truly the Trophy King. You'll probably hit level 50 before I hit 20. But looking through the list, there's actually 1 platinum that I have that you don't for a game we both played. And that's Final Fantasy XIII-2. I'll take that victory.

But one of these days, Vic is gonna claim your Trophy King title. I had to grind 200 ranked matches in UMvC3 with him for a single silver trophy. That's dedication right there.
It's going to be everyone's favorite Persona Character. Marie.

The Switch not having some type of achievements is one reason why I won't be buying any multi-platform games for it when I do get around to purchasing one. Nintendo can only gain sales by adding an overarching achievement system IMO.

Gust is a winner this year with Nights of Azure 2, Blue Reflection, and Atelier Firis.

They get a 10/10
No surprise but I'm incredibly hyped for Blue Reflection in 2 weeks. And even though I didn't like Nights of Azure's gameplay much, I'm really excited for 2's dual attack system. I've been rewatching a lot of the trailers because I love the Lucia theme song.

Got about 80 hours out of Firis and didn't even get all the endings. Still working on that.

Considering the Humble Bundle is CapcomxSegaxAtlus, it is incredibly disappointing. Not a single weeb game in sight. How does an oversight like this happen?

Who knows, but it's the same way in Japan for whatever reason so we're not likely to get it. The pirate costumes are kind of neat too.
Leave it to Zeki to make something exclusive to Vita.

If the Platinum is manageable I won't mind getting them even if it means spending a bit of a extra time but if it's something that will be a pain I won't even bother. Last year I got 14 Platinum Trophies while this year I have gotten 0 thus far (I only need to beat Uncharted Lost Legacy in Crushing to Platinum that game so if I bother to replay it I'll get one Platinum before the year ends). I never planned to get a Platinum for Overwatch but since I saw people early on were trying to look for groups I figured why not give it a try. Even tho I manage to get many on my own there are a few I know I would never get for the life of me had I not boosted like Lucio, Zarya, and Zenyatta. It was a nice experience meeting new people and playing with them trying to get all the achievements but I honestly don't think I would do such a thing again. I think Midori Monkey is the only other person in the JPN Niche PSN group who has gotten a Platinum for Overwatch which I saw she got recently. If she got that all on her own without boosting all I have to say is "Jinkies, that's some determination".

Shout outs to my waifu the Pirate Princess Kairi for winning the finals!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

She's the Japanese niche anime waifu of wrestling.

Shout outs to my waifu the Pirate Princess Kairi for winning the finals!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

She's the Japanese niche anime waifu of wrestling.
hmmm i have the sudden urge to start watching wwf again, or maybe certain fight clips lol.

i like the JP voices better for Danganronpa especially for monokuma. I think monokuma in Japanese fits the more cutesy but insane personality of his appearance.

sad, i didn't know doremon was ill :,(

This video will get Trump re-re-elected in 2024

Yeeeep, people clearly aren't learning from the mistakes that brought us here.

Couldn't agree more. They finally make some black emojis and somehow certain people choose to take offense to it. Unbelievable.

People this generation have no backbone, they are offended by every little thing.
So, a silly rant by a black person is all it takes to coerce white people into voting for a crazy person? Who is the one who is easily offended in this scenario?

hmmm i have the sudden urge to start watching wwf again, or maybe certain fight clips lol.
You'll hit a realization one day that wrastling is basically an anime in 3D form

Wow, this is a thing now?
Now? No, there's always been shoutouts to anime in wrastling.

The infamous Booty-O Saiyans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_2i9gt2qMA

Ember Moon's entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7PB5lCjBLo

Sasha Banks calls her fans Sasha Scouts and loved Sailor Moon

Ellsworth is basically the mascot that gets beaten all the time just to give the protagonist a fighting chance.

So, a silly rant by a black person is all it takes to coerce white people into voting for a crazy person? Who is the one who is easily offended in this scenario?
I didn't vote for Trump. Would never do that. But I've had several people similar to you who have told me I'm a Trump supporter. Which just reinforces my perspective on all the crazy liberal bullshit out there.

bread's done
Back