Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystic Chronicles released on PSN today for PSP (a 16-bit style JRPG from Kemco/Natsume). It's supposed to be compatible with Vita, though it's not showing up on the store for me even though the store has updated. Anyone else having this issue?
Interesting, this is news to me. I might look into it. Every time I see Kemco, I think of Shadowgate.

it comes in a box, the game itself has a layer of bubble wrap around it. came with a prinny squad sticker for me.
Awesome, NISA knows their stuff. Kinda like how rightstuf ships anime. USPS tracker says today it's coming in but I call BS to that. Either way, thanks for the heads up. I would say can't wait to try it out but it's going right in the backlog, lol.

Are other retailers getting the soundtrack with Disgaea D2 Standard or is it just NISA. That special edition is too rich for my blood but I can do standard edition.

The Time & Eternity LE is really nice. A quality, sturdy box to hold the game and extras; the poster looks like it's good quality too, but I haven't taken it out of the plastic. Got an Asagi Squad sticker with mine; hang in there Asagi, you'll get your own game one day!

Decided not to cancel it in case I want to resell. It is pretty nice though. It's a shame the game looks like an absolute train wreck. It came very well packed. In a big sheet of bubble wrap.

Has this site been loading incredibly slow for anyone else lately?

I had a paperback book shipped in a bubble mailer that came in damage (backcover was bent). I filed a replacement and Amazon sent the item the next day in a box.

Lately, they've been sending my stuff in a bubble mailer

T&E packaging looks really nice except for one side of the box... It looks like they used a low-res image or something -.-

NIS's shipping has been really good. I'm curious where the hell they find all these oddly shaped boxes that fit these LEs perfectly.

First one that came is being shipped out to the eBay buyer. Tomorrow's package I'm keeping for myself. Sell 2 on eBay, keep one for myself. Gets to sit in my collection at no cost to me. Yay.

Interesting, this is news to me. I might look into it. Every time I see Kemco, I think of Shadowgate.
Yeah, they originally released it on the iOS as Fantasy Chronicle, but when Natsume picked it up they changed the name to Mystic Chronicles when they released it to PSP because of the new translation.

T&E came it and it's a breath of fresh air packacking wise over newegg and amazon. Came perfectly wrapped, and the LE is nice too. Haven't removed it from the shrink wrap yet. I will do that once I decide it's time for me to play it (I have a few games still shrink wrapped because of backlog, lol).

Also nice packacking by NISA for the game for the LE, well the game itself not the shipping box.

How is Mystic Chronicles for PSP (PSN)? I am thinking about trying to get good RPGs. Also does anyone have suggestions for Turn-based, Action but no strategy RPGs.

Awesome, NISA knows their stuff. Kinda like how rightstuf ships anime. USPS tracker says today it's coming in but I call BS to that. Either way, thanks for the heads up. I would say can't wait to try it out but it's going right in the backlog, lol.

Are other retailers getting the soundtrack with Disgaea D2 Standard or is it just NISA. That special edition is too rich for my blood but I can do standard edition.
The way the NisA seemed when they went up was that the soundtrack stuff would hit other places and the figures were a bonus for ordering through NisA but so far I haven't seen them pop up anywhere else and the stock of D2 was going down so I preordered for now. $85 is also quite a bit to me, especially since all of the previous Disgaea LE (which I preordered through the nis store at full price) hit like $20 at some point so I was reluctant to order the LE since I don't give a crap about the figures.

If the LE shows up at amazon I will likely just cancel my preorder and get it from amazon when it gets cheaper. But if this turns out to be a nis store exclusive that they print only to order I would kick myself if I missed it as most of the nis LE go for at least 50% more than what they were via preorder.

The Time & Eternity LE is really nice. A quality, sturdy box to hold the game and extras; the poster looks like it's good quality too, but I haven't taken it out of the plastic. Got an Asagi Squad sticker with mine; hang in there Asagi, you'll get your own game one day!
Asagi's game was already announced it will be coming in 2014 or so to... unknown platforms :p

Disgaea 4 is the only previous game to even get a premium edition isn't it? Anyway, there's no sign of this LE being anything but NISA-exclusive (not saying it isn't possible, but at the moment there is no evidence to suggest as much.) Preordering now is a good idea, even for anybody who's on the fence, you can always cancel later.

Disgaea 4 is the only previous game to even get a premium edition isn't it? Anyway, there's no sign of this LE being anything but NISA-exclusive (not saying it isn't possible, but at the moment there is no evidence to suggest as much.) Preordering now is a good idea, even for anybody who's on the fence, you can always cancel later.
actually I think you are correct, for some reason I thought I had a disgaea 3 limited edition but looking at my complete set of nis PS3 LE that doesn't seem to be the case lol, but anyways at the very least the disgaea 4 LE got really cheap, and most of the LE that get released outside of the nis store become pretty cheap (aside from neptunia I think they all hit $30 or less at some point and that might have briefly hit $30 at gamestop)

but yeah I agree, nis doesn't charge until it ships anyways so there isn't any harm in preordering if you are interested in the LE.

How is Mystic Chronicles for PSP (PSN)? I am thinking about trying to get good RPGs. Also does anyone have suggestions for Turn-based, Action but no strategy RPGs.
Breath of Fire IV (PS1 classic)
Class of Heroes 2
Grandia (PS1 classic)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (if you don't mind the whole trilogy probably won't get localized)
Persona 3
Ys series

Gurumin(if you consider Zelda an RPG)

The way the NisA seemed when they went up was that the soundtrack stuff would hit other places and the figures were a bonus for ordering through NisA but so far I haven't seen them pop up anywhere else and the stock of D2 was going down so I preordered for now. $85 is also quite a bit to me, especially since all of the previous Disgaea LE (which I preordered through the nis store at full price) hit like $20 at some point so I was reluctant to order the LE since I don't give a crap about the figures.

If the LE shows up at amazon I will likely just cancel my preorder and get it from amazon when it gets cheaper. But if this turns out to be a nis store exclusive that they print only to order I would kick myself if I missed it as most of the nis LE go for at least 50% more than what they were via preorder.

Asagi's game was already announced it will be coming in 2014 or so to... unknown platforms :p
The LE is cool but too expensive for my blood. I will have to get the regular edition. Plus while Disgaea is a good series it's not $85 good to me, lol. Gonna wait to see if Amazon gets at least the soundtrack with the standard edition.

Is it wrong that I want to put that Asari Squad Sticker on my car?, lol. I wanna find a magnet I can attach it to first though.

Bleh, my SMT IV came in today finally and it was in a bubble mailer. Just glad it was not too damaged. The only part that was damaged was the very top side of the box where it folded in on itself from pressure and it is not that noticeable after I bent it back. Still came in better condition than my Muramasa LE did from ordering in store at Gamestop....Not sure if they messed it up after it got there or it was from being shipped there but the box was completely flattened >_> and the contents were falling out. Wish I had just not paid for it and walked out since you still can order it on Amazon.

Wanted to ask how the Hyperdimension Neptunia series is. The whole concept sounds pretty funny,but do they play decent enough?
I played only Mk2 so far. I enjoyed it, it is solid in terms of combat and all. Some people complained about difficulty spikes for bosses, but have to use strategy and position (or if that fails, old fashioned grinding) and should be good.

If the story appeals to you I think the rest of the game will be fine for you.

Tip: Have multiple save files if you want to get all the various endings.

correct, unlike mugan souls T&E still sold out during the preorders for the LE. the disgaea d2 LE with guide is also already sold out, and the LE in general is already under 50%
I could have sworn the NISA exclusive Mugen Souls le also sold out but came back in stock after release.

Seems to be a very paint by the numbers JRPG. It's like they made a checklist of tropes from every 16-bit RPG and rolled them into one game. Gameplay seems more similar to the Dragon Quest games than anything so far though.

I have a couple play-asia coupons if someone wants them pm me.

one expires tomorrow, one on the 28th

Gone

Happy day as my copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV arrived from New Egg today.  Packing looks nice and only minor corner damage so I am satisfied.  Hope next week to plow into the world of SMT again.

Namco Bandai has confirmed that they will be releasing Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers on the PS3 in NA. It will unfortunately be a download-only title though.

Namco Bandai intends to use the game as a way of gauging the fanbase for Saint Seiya here in the states. So if there are any Saint Seiya fans here, show your support by buying the game when it releases.

The last saint Seiya game got an EU release (which I picked up) so presumably there's not a lot of extra cost for them.

Now translate the new JoJo game, namco bandai...

I'm pretty sure that if Atlus has to be sold it will all go with them because it's all a part of the Atlus brand. After all, it is specifically their parent company that is going under, so there's no reason for Atlus to be partitioned off and sold. Best case scenario would be somebody buying them and then leaving them the fuck alone lol.

I almost want Microsoft to pick them up. There'd be enough salt here to put the ocean to shame.
I think the internet would simply cease to exist if that happened. It would collapse on itself so tightly that it would form a dimensional vortex and simply pop out of existence. It would 'almost' be worth it. haha

I actually think Nintendo has already made talks for Atlus and are going forth with the process of acquiring them. I mean first SMT X FE and then the $30 credit if you bought SMT IV and FE. Why would Nintendo offer a $30 credit for a game not owned by them, and both times are partnering up with Atlus.

I would actually like to argue that it's very smart for Nintendo to buy Atlus. Keeps them out of Sony's hands (which is Nintendo's main competitor in Japan hardware wise), and quite honestly the 3DS/WiiU is capable of making great games. Plus I mean JRPG's don't need the latest technology out there to be good.

Plus imagine Atlus with a bigger budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back