Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly I haven't played through Radiata Stories yet, but a good friend that I trust who has played both it & SO3 has told me it's a FAR better game.  

Different topic, I know this was mentioned here a couple weeks ago or so, but since it still needs a LOT of signatures - for anyone that doesn't know, go here to sign saying you would buy a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 for the PS3 if it was released at $43 shipped:  http://www.gaijinworks.com.  If 7k people sign up they'll make it.  Game is sure to be worth a lot even if you have no interest in it (assuming it gets made) - the PSP game goes for 2-3x its original price already on ebay.  

Admittedly I haven't played through Radiata Stories yet, but a good friend that I trust who has played both it & SO3 has told me it's a FAR better game.

Different topic, I know this was mentioned here a couple weeks ago or so, but since it still needs a LOT of signatures - for anyone that doesn't know, go here to sign saying you would buy a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 for the PS3 if it was released at $43 shipped: http://www.gaijinworks.com. If 7k people sign up they'll make it. Game is sure to be worth a lot even if you have no interest in it (assuming it gets made) - the PSP game goes for 2-3x its original price already on ebay.
I signed up, if for anything, to help out the people who really want a physical copy. The came doesn't look too shabby though.

Agreed the ps2 star ocean game was HORRIBLE. One of the very few games i returned to gamestop back then when they still allowed returns of new games. I remember if you didnt lvl up the magic stat on your melee fighters they would bug and spend the whole fight running in a circle o_O The story was shit too... garbage, garbage game

any of the ones you listed would be a better HD port.. id like to see Radiata actually that game was pretty fun
I'm frankly surprised you returned it, since your mega-collection would be missing one of the games in the Star Ocean series. I just picked up the non-greatest hits version last year on Ebay, just to collect.

Kidnap-I mean recruiting inventors from their home planets and making game breaking weapons with Welch was the best thing ever. Good times.
I manage to get everyone but that one Alchemist that required the Philosopher Stone and the one that need that sword from the stupid bunny races.

I hated those bunny races. It's all random!

There were a few times my AI did nothing, but only a few. This was one of the games that I manage to play without a healer that knows resurrection. By the end, everyone knew healing and that was good enough. My team was Fate, Albel, and Nel. And I pretty spammed Side Kick, Dimension Door, Air Raid, and the attack that does damage to MP. MP kills are fun =D

Square Enix is taking Final Fantasy XII HD into consideration, depending on the sales of FFX/X-2 and whether or not the Team who made it are willing to work on it again. So there is hope.

Agreed and not all games are created equal. That's why i'm skipping Mugen Souls Z till I can torture myself through the first game. Also why I passed on the newest Atelier game (though I'm way behind on the series...will get later). It's awesome, but so many games. Like some will go for Conception 2 but maybe not Demon's Gaze, since they're both dungeon crawlers.
Just remember that Demon Gaze LE is a NIS store exclusive, while Conception 2 first print is probably going to be more common.

I'm getting both, since I enjoy dungeon crawlers anyways. And I haven't played one since EO4 and Unchained Blade, so about a year without one.

I think Demon Gaze is actually supposed to be the better of the two though. I was originally going to pass on Conception 2, but since I have Gamer's Unlocked, it was pretty cheap.

Just remember that Demon's Gaze LE is a NIS store exclusive, while Conception 2 first print is probably going to be more common.
Agreed though I strongly expect Demon's Gaze to be the better dungeon crawler. I already felt repetitiveness of the Conception 2 Vita demo, and the character interactions where nice and all but had very little meat to them. I did enjoy the story enough though (not that important for dungeon crawling games but it's still nice to have). I always try to get NISA LEs for games I actually want, and will wait for the regular editions to go down in price otherwise afterward and pick them up then.

Heh, I plan on selling my 3-tier DLC pack for a nice price on ebay & end up with the CE for basically the price of the normal version.  ;)

The third pre-order dlc for Drakengard 3 are 6 themes. Kind of disappointed.
Yeah, I'm going to pass on that one. My backlog has become much too lengthy since I started playing the Diablo III expansion. A lot of the CE's out right now aren't tempting enough to keep me from waiting for the regular release to go down in price.

The pre-order DLC doesn't really wow me. Thought I would regret, but now that I look at it, I have no regrets. Glad I plan on getting Drakengard 3 on Amazon (so much for SE Store Exclusive). Would've been nice to have the Japanese VO though. 

Admittedly I haven't played through Radiata Stories yet,
then please at least go watch a damn youtube video before you comment. radiata uses a nerfed version of so3's combat so just for starters saying its better is laughable. It also suffers from 2 of the 3 issues you listed for so3.

then please at least go watch a damn youtube video before you comment. radiata uses a nerfed version of so3's combat so just for starters saying its better is laughable. It also suffers from 2 of the 3 issues you listed for so3.
Sheesh, asshole much?

And I think I trust my friend whom I've known for around 25 years more than either you or a YouTube video. But I'm truly sorry you got so butthurt that I didn't like a game you like. It must suck to get so offended everytime someone dislikes a game you do. :-({|=

Dang you're enabling me....*breaks into a cold sweat* must not order.....must not order, I mean I haven't completed the old one yet.....
I've been basically putting all pre-orders in two categories. Ones that have things I'll actually use/display, and things that will sit in a box and/or I wouldn't be so quick to show people.

To be fair on the whole Star Ocean 3 thing, the battle system--aside from the issue some have had with the AI--is generally considered to be very good. That's regardless of close friends and Internet keyboard warriors... Lol

Disappointed that the last preorder bonus is themes, but I'm going to keep my Drakgengard 3 CE order, especially since I don't plan on getting the XIllia 2 CE anymore.

Disappointed that the last preorder bonus is themes, but I'm going to keep my Drakgengard 3 CE order, especially since I don't plan on getting the XIllia 2 CE anymore.
But there hasn't been any announcement for the Xillia 2 CE...

If that one ends up costing $79.99, I might have to bite, since I loved the first.

But there hasn't been any announcement for the Xillia 2 CE...

If that one ends up costing $79.99, I might have to bite, since I loved the first.
There was just that leak a few weeks ago about it

http://gamingeverything.com/rumor-tales-of-xillia-2-due-out-overseas-in-july-collectors-edition-inbound/

I'm not really liking that Ludger figure, so I'm planning to just get the game when it's released. I loved the first one as well, it actually got me into the Tales series.

http://gamingeverything.com/rumor-tales-of-xillia-2-due-out-overseas-in-july-collectors-edition-inbound/

I'm not really liking that Ludger figure, so I'm planning to just get the game when it's released. I loved the first one as well, it actually got me into the Tales series.
Interesting--I wasn't aware of that rumor. Occasionally, we in the U.S. get better CEs than the U.K., so I'm going to wait until a CE has been officially announced for here with a price tag. If it's like the one in your link and priced at $99.99, I'll probably just get the game, too.

Somebody please tell me the Japanese VO DLC is going to be available to the general public someday so I can cancel my damn Drakengard 3 CE pre-order already.

To be fair on the whole Star Ocean 3 thing, the battle system--aside from the issue some have had with the AI--is generally considered to be very good. That's regardless of close friends and Internet keyboard warriors... Lol
To clarify, I never once said I thought RS was better than SO3 - I said I would much rather have a HD port of it, which is true, because I haven't played through it yet (I've played the first hour or so, that's it). I DID say that SO3 is crap, which is from my personal bitter experience - I've talked to others online that liked it before, and that's great, but I despised it. ;)

I like the statue - assuming it's about the same size as the Milla figure it will be a great match for the Xillia 1 CE. And I'm sure that isn't all that will be included in the set.

Regardless, since the 24th is my b-day that sounds great to me. :D I'd love it if it came out on the 22nd (the Tues before the 24th).

Well, I don't want to lie to you, but there's always hope...? :???:
Ugh, damn SE (and almost every other publisher of foreign games, for that matter) and their not including both language tracks by default.

Maybe the inevitable unboxing video will make me feel better about the CE, but right now I'm kinda regretting it.

Ugh, damn SE (and almost every other publisher of foreign games, for that matter) and their not including both language tracks by default.

Maybe the inevitable unboxing video will make me feel better about the CE, but right now I'm kinda regretting it.
I mainly wanted the Novella. I got the standard version from their store cause I wanted it but couldn't justify the CE.

I plan on snagging the ToX2 CE if it comes out with the figurine. I was very happy with the ToX CE I was able to snag, so having the collection would be pretty sweet. Especially since my man-room collection is looking pretty good.

to be fair you said your friend thinks its the better game without having played it yourself.  that's my issue.

so3 isn't close to my fave game or anything and the obvious flaws in it and radiata stories bother me alot since they both have potential and could really benefit from fine tuning with a full remake down the road.

Somebody please tell me the Japanese VO DLC is going to be available to the general public someday so I can cancel my damn Drakengard 3 CE pre-order already.
SE made the CE only exclusive dlc for the lightning returns available one month after release. I dont doubt all the dlc will be on the psn later on.

SE made the CE only exclusive dlc for the lightning returns available one month after release. I dont doubt all the dlc will be on the psn later on.
That was a shady ass move too. On the upside, still got the awesome pocketwatch though....

I'm passing on Drakengard too, just doesnt seem like the type of game I'd play more than once.

Just a heads up, there's only about 70 units left for Drakengard 3 CE.

I'm passing on Drakengard too, just doesnt seem like the type of game I'd play more than once.
Passing Drakengard 3 CE or the game in general? If you're talking about the game, In my opinion it has zero replay value (no pun intended). I loved the story, but game play was nuts all over the place. Getting the plat for the game is just as horrendous.

You're literally getting trolled nonstop with the game.

Passing Drakengard 3 CE or the game in general? If you're talking about the game, In my opinion it has zero replay value (no pun intended). I loved the story, but game play was nuts all over the place. Getting the plat for the game is just as horrendous.
In general. I buy so many niche games and barely play half of em and the other half sits in my collection.

Looking at gameplay for this just seemed meh.

Just bought SO 3 at Gamestop for $2.25. :lol:

So, getting the plat for Drakengard 3 is a troll? Or the game is? Or both? :lol:

What sucks is that the game also drops frames mid battle! I figured with the lowered downgraded graphics that this wouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind I'm not meant to be bashing the game as I'm a huge fan, but even I know where my ups and downs are :(

In general. I buy so many niche games and barely play half of em and the other half sits in my collection.

Looking at gameplay for this just seemed meh.
Compared to the other Drakengard games, Drakengard 3 has the best gameplay overall IMO and yet is still perrrty bad. But like I said, I pretty much stay for the story. It's a prequel and does a good job at answering questions for previous(?) games and is noob friendly to the series, if you plan on ever want to play the sequels.

Just bought SO 3 at Gamestop for $2.25. :lol:

So, getting the plat for Drakengard 3 is a troll? Or the game is? Or both? :lol:
Both :wall:

Most of the people who have troubles getting the platinum are having troubles the same trophy... Other than that, the rest are just easy breezy.

Spoiler, but not a spoiler?

The game literally makes you grind money for 10+ hours. The intoner DLC gives you huge amounts of gold (2 million+ G), but even that isn't enough! What's even better is that the best place to grind money is making you gamble your winnings... so go big or go home. It was already hard to do with the repetitive gameplay as you get bored very easy. The weapon trophy is literally what's keeping everyone from getting the platinum. Other than that everything else is easy breezy.

Both :wall:

Most of the people who have troubles getting the platinum are having troubles the same trophy... Other than that, the rest are just easy breezy.

Spoiler, but not a spoiler?

The game literally makes you grind money for 10+ hours. The intoner DLC gives you huge amounts of gold (2 million+ G), but even that isn't enough! What's even better is that the best place to grind money is making you gamble your winnings... so go big or go home. It was already hard to do with the repetitive gameplay as you get bored very easy. The weapon trophy is literally what's keeping everyone from getting the platinum. Other than that everything else is easy breezy.
Well. Dammit. :lol: Am I able to reload a save if I choose to gamble and lose big?

Well. Dammit. :lol: Am I able to reload a save if I choose to gamble and lose big?
Ahahah nope :rofl: You die you lose all your earnings that whole stage.
During stages, it gives you options if you want to walk out with the current earnings or to go forward to the next round and double it. For first timers, you never know when the stage will end and can ruin your extra completion bonus. You can literally be on the last round and it will ask you the same thing if you want to continue or leave with current earnings. If you stay and happens to be the last round, then it will add a decent bonus and if you leave you'll just leave with whatever you got and the stage won't be completed in the journal, meaning you have to retard from the beginning again :D . But who am I kidding, most people die within the first couple rounds of the last stage -.-

Just stumbled upon this from the playstation blog:

"+ Sakura Minamida on April 9th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

The pre-order items that have expired will still become available to purchase for those that preferred not to pre-order through the Square Enix Store. The JP VO DLC will be available on launch day for purchase, but we were happy to reward our fans who pre-ordered the game so early by giving it to them as a free bonus for doing so. "

-taken from here (reply to a comment): http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/drakengard-3-designing-an-rpg-hero/

The pre-order items that have expired will still become available to purchase for those that preferred not to pre-order through the Square Enix Store. The JP VO DLC will be available on launch day for purchase, but we were happy to reward our fans who pre-ordered the game so early by giving it to them as a free bonus for doing so. "

-taken from here (reply to a comment): http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/drakengard-3-designing-an-rpg-hero/
And many CE/Digital River preorders were canceled as a result... :-({|=

THANK YOU. I'll still wait for that unboxing video just to be sure, but odds are very high that I'll be canceling that pre-order.

There were many fights where my party members would literally just stand in the corner doing nothing. It was maddening. I made it a little ways past the twist in that game and just couldn't take it anymore. Never did finish it, and don't feel bad about that at all.

Dark Cloud 2 is amazing - I'd love it if Level 5 is working on a sequel now for the PS4, but I know that's a very long shot. While we're reminiscing, my top 10 PS2 RPGs in no particular order would be:

Dark Cloud 2

Dragon Quest VIII

SMT: Nocturne

FFX

Shadow Hearts 2

Wild Arms 3

Valkyrie Profile 2

Persona 4

Suikoden V

Odin Sphere

Such an amazing system for JRPGs. :) There are quite a few I still want to go back & play - the Tales games (wasn't into the series at the time, but I'm a huge fan now), the Xenosagas, etc.

EDIT: More on-topic, I have a question. If you preorder Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ASB from Amazon you get the exclusive character "Shigekiyo Yangu". If you preorder from Namco, you get "Yoshikage Kira". Anyone know if one of these is better than the other? I'm considering preordering from Namco because they'll give you 50% off any "anime" game, and $20 for Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst seems like a really good deal.
nice list. I agree with everything there except for FFX.. think FF turned to shit after IX (VIII sucked too) Man i really need to replay the shadow hearts games. I LOVED the story and characters in there. Every time i play it now though i think of this PA comic lol
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/10/04

It also bumms me out they kinda dropped Suikoden after V except for a couple handheld releases (we never got that psp game damnit) I actually really liked V it was kinda a return to form with some simple tweaks after the shit that was IV and the meh-ness that was III

I'm frankly surprised you returned it, since your mega-collection would be missing one of the games in the Star Ocean series. I just picked up the non-greatest hits version last year on Ebay, just to collect.
hah, yea... well i REALLY hated it. The gameplay was shit as i mentioned. And after i got to the idiotic twist i just said screw this.. as i see a few other people here did as well. Funny you mention that though, i wound up buying another copy just to fill in m collection, though i plan on never playing it. Of course it had to e the version with the cardboard case and all that crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back