Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to pick up a copy of Dangaronpa for $24~ and Demon Gaze for $20~ after tax from GS today with that 40% promotion :). Too bad no gamestops closer than 25 miles of me had Conception II used. I wanted one of those to try out and see if I liked it or not. I've been getting strangely bored of any games with kids characters so didn't want to touch Conception 2 new. 

Managed to pick up a copy of Dangaronpa for $24~ and Demon Gaze for $20~ after tax from GS today with that 40% promotion :). Too bad no gamestops closer than 25 miles of me had Conception II used. I wanted one of those to try out and see if I liked it or not. I've been getting strangely bored of any games with kids characters so didn't want to touch Conception 2 new.
Excellent prices and unique games....I need to get back to Conception 2 but it's very much an average game imho. That doesn't make it bad but it's a good one to wait down in price unless you really need the first print bonus.

You could've downloaded the demo. Pretty much explains the Battle System and it doesn't go into depth till Chapter 5ish. The "Children" don't serve a particular role in the actual storyline other than being your "pokemon" so to speak. You create them, train them (each time you create them, they get a higher level max), and release them once they're maxed level. Rinse and repeat.

pfft it needs to be called persona 3 pink. and in this version you get shinji and chidori as perm party members with new evolved forms xD, fuuka and ken don't exist, junpei and akihiko shower scenes (because atlus needs to make up for that excuse of a scene for them on femc's route) and a bajillion other improvements I've said before in other places.

and conception 2 explains why there are so many orphans in the world  :whistle2:

push push puuuuush. aww aren't you HEY this one doesn't have perfect ev's put it in the dumpster with the rest of them. if only they had finished that blasted action repla errr time machine yeah that.  Now I have to go ride my bike for 9 months.

yep I'm going to hell.

How did you get them so early? Your Gamestop doesn't require trade holds? Mine is like 30 days.

How did you get them so early? Your Gamestop doesn't require trade holds? Mine is like 30 days.
Yeah, it's based on where you live. The county I'm currently in requires 10 days but the one I used to live in didn't have any restrictions so you could get stuff the day after it was traded in (even on same day at some places).

Just platinumed Conception II. I give it a 7.5/10.
I've been trying to put a lot of time into that game, but being on-call kind of kept me from getting the playtime I wanted. So far it's been a pretty fun dungeon crawler. How big of a pain was getting the character specific endings?

I imported the Japanese Vita version already. I like the small enhancements they did to the gameplay, but so far I'm not enjoying the song selection nearly as much as the original Diva F. So I may not repurchase a U.S. version. Just my opinion.
Heck, I mainly just want to support SEGA's release of these niche titles overseas.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/28/golden-week-sale-celebrates-japanese-games-2/#sf2739777

Just realized nobody already posted this. PSN Japan Golden Week sale announced. The amazing deal is ToSC for $10 with PS+. It's still selling for ~$35 used on Amazon. Crazy. Some other good stuff, too. Kinda bummed that the Atelier games only dropped to $20. Still too high for me.
Sweet. I think I'll grab Chrono Cross, as I've never played it before. Can't go wrong with that price.

I've been trying to put a lot of time into that game, but being on-call kind of kept me from getting the playtime I wanted. So far it's been a pretty fun dungeon crawler. How big of a pain was getting the character specific endings?
The only pain for me was grinding. Other than that, I would say getting all the events and some of them are missable since they're based on the affection level, namely the beginning of Chapter 5, 6, and 7. Chapter 6 has two, (Friend [Requires 0-2 Bars] and Good [Requires 3-4 Bars]). Chapter 7 has three (Friend, Good, and Lover (MAX Bars))

Getting the Character Endings wasn't much of a pain other than reloading a different girl each time with a previous save. Also need to fill out all the affection bars and all the prior events for it activate.

So, how hard is it to cancel through Squeenix? I've been poking around on the site and the only way I can see to cancel my Drakengard CE is by email?

I was hoping to pick up DBZ for Vita for ~$20 since it's digital only in the U.S., but to see it already drop to $10 during its first discount makes me very happy indeed. Now if only I had some fuck 'n space on my memory card for it...

So, how hard is it to cancel through Squeenix? I've been poking around on the site and the only way I can see to cancel my Drakengard CE is by email?
You can technically call from what others have said in one of these threads, but I just used their contact us form to cancel my backordered item. It went surprisingly well and allowed my other items I ordered with it to automatically get shipped.

yeah I would of snatched them ateliers up if they were 5-10 each. just to get meruru and totori on sale in case I ever actually get around to playing mana khemia and ayesha would of been nice.

but meh those are on the vita anyway

Mugen Souls Z LE is SOLD OUT (no price drops to thise that doubted it staying in stock). Regular LEs still in stock. I can't believe how many copies they print for it! I'm actually hoping they WILL sell, so they can just get rid of them for once and for all!

Mugen Souls Z LE is SOLD OUT (no price drops to thise that doubted it staying in stock). Regular LEs still in stock. I can't believe how many copies they print for it! I'm actually hoping they WILL sell, so they can just get rid of them for once and for all!
Meh. Still dont regret my choice. I never have nor will play the original, so I have no plans to play the sequel

What got you interested in that? I've looked at a few gameplay videos but just don't get it.
I agree, I so badly wanted to want to play it, but even if I saw it for $10 I would probably still pass.
Toki Tori is not bad at all. You have to think of it as this generation's Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest which won't appeal to RPG veterans. This game is fairly light on gameplay - it's more like Dragon's Lair with a JRPG dressing. The only thing that really detracts from the game is that the protagonist is always like. "boobs hurr hurr hurr" and it gets old fast.

The story is pretty simple: you're about to get married to a girl and on the day of the wedding, a band of assassins murders you. You're reincarted as your fiancee's pet dragon and you have to figure out why someone would want to ruin your wedding day. So that's pretty original at least.

The best thing about the game is the combat system - out of any JRPG, this is probably the one where quick reflexes are crucial. Your enemies have tells to signal when they're about to attack, and once you learn these patterns, you feel like Neo always dodging enemy attacks and letting out a barrage of your own. That's not to say it doesn't get repetitive - it does - but as someone who doesn't have time to play 50+ hour RPGs anymore, I liked how battles always required me to stay sharp instead of just balancing numbers like in other games. If you buy the game - I think $10 is a fair price for it - you probably shouldn't play more than an hour per session if you want to enjoy the game.

Toki Tori is not bad at all. You have to think of it as this generation's Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest which won't appeal to RPG veterans. This game is fairly light on gameplay - it's more like Dragon's Lair with a JRPG dressing. The only thing that really detracts from the game is that the protagonist is always like. "boobs hurr hurr hurr" and it gets old fast.

The story is pretty simple: you're about to get married to a girl and on the day of the wedding, a band of assassins murders you. You're reincarted as your fiancee's pet dragon and you have to figure out why someone would want to ruin your wedding day. So that's pretty original at least.

The best thing about the game is the combat system - out of any JRPG, this is probably the one where quick reflexes are crucial. Your enemies have tells to signal when they're about to attack, and once you learn these patterns, you feel like Neo always dodging enemy attacks and letting out a barrage of your own. That's not to say it doesn't get repetitive - it does - but as someone who doesn't have time to play 50+ hour RPGs anymore, I liked how battles always required me to stay sharp instead of just balancing numbers like in other games. If you buy the game - I think $10 is a fair price for it - you probably shouldn't play more than an hour per session if you want to enjoy the game.
Toki_Tori_Coverart.png

:whistle2:k

I got confused because those are the characters' names, which mean Time and Eternity in Japanese if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: It's Toki and Towa, my mistake. It's not the first time I have trouble remembering a girl's name.

Time and Eternity is brutal. If you like it, more power to you, but you could write a 10,000 word report on it if you wanted. All I needed to do was play it for a few hours to see how bad it was. One of the worst games I have ever played in my life.

Is the DBZ game good on vita?
From the bit I played, its pretty much the PS3 version on the Vita screen, I really liked it. Only annoying thing for me was the controls (Since theres no L2 and R2 on Vita, you have to use touchscreen).

Also, has anyone's Jojo shipped from Namco store yet? I had mine at Amazon but decided to switch to Namco since I could get DBZ HD Collection for only 9$ more that what amazon was charging

ENvERDU.png
Under in Night Birth -Exe Late- Box Art

It'll be sold Digitally and Physically on July. 

It's a Fighting Game developed French Bread, the Creators of Melty Blood. 

I played battle of Z on Xbox 360 and enjoyed it.

Just a warning about BoF 3 PSP, the loading time is horrible.
any other relatively priced options then? If not I'd rather deal with loading times than pay an obscene amount of money. Are they like goe to the bathroom and make a sandwich inbetween bad?

Time and Eternity is brutal. If you like it, more power to you, but you could write a 10,000 word report on it if you wanted. All I needed to do was play it for a few hours to see how bad it was. One of the worst games I have ever played in my life.
I got the Platinum in Time and Eternity. Took a total of less than ~25 hours to be honest. I started out following the story but at the end of the game you really just do not care. Also the English voice actors are really really bad, so glad they had dual audio with it. By the end of the game the battles were so easy that you are able to tape your joystick down to either 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position to get yourself into a battle and it will auto melee them to death. All you have to do is press X at the end of the battle and then continue. I think my second play through of the game took around ~4 hours to beat it on new game plus. If anything its a pretty easy Platinum to get.

Edit: I also have the Time and Eternity CE........

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back