Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured it would get a release here. With everything selling out for NISA, it makes sense for them. Plus, the Hyperdimension Neptunia series is getting a good, cult following. Word is, it got a nice rehash and will be much more fun to play than the original.
except it's not NisA releasing it, and it won't be for future titles.

Much like with the Atelier series, they built it up to a successful level and the IP owners want to just sell it themselves (in the atelier case it was a new IP owner but still :p)

Idea Factory is the one publishing the game and will likely be the ones to publish the other remakes while they leave the more risky projects to NisA such as the idol game.

Buying physical copy easily....I never played the first after my friend told me it was pretty bad, and I played very little and saw it wasn't very good.....easily will buy this....Neptunia............hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
The first game for me had a fun story, but pretty terrible everything else. The new battle system should instantly jump this to a solid RPG. Unfortunately for me I found neptunia 2 to be the opposite... decent combat but crap everything else :/ thus a remake for that won't help me :(

I traded in 21 games to GS to get a vita... Now I have that many games on it that I got for free from plus. Oh the backlog!
I'm thinking of trading in games I'm "upgrading" like Neptunia and Disgaea 4.....I just always hate how little you get back, only trade in where I gained most of my value back was Virtue's Last Reward when I traded in the 3DS version and got almost 30 back. Always feel so cheated, but i'm also not a fan of having a game a few times and knowing newer copies are more complete versions of the old one (such as remakes and GOTY versions).

Thanks.

Good news: GCU discount + that cover looks awesome (I prefer this black background over the white on the Japanese cover)!

Bad news: This might be confirmation that we're not getting a Day-One edition... :cry:

The funniest part about this is that they misspelled Xillia as "Xilla." If they ever put that CE for Xillia 2 on Best Buy I may end up biting since the GCU will soften the blow of $130. No Day One edition would push me over the edge, but I'm secretly hoping there is one so I'm not so tempted by the CE.

Day 1 retail for me. I'm finding it harder to sit down at my PS3 to play RPGs these days, but I can play them on Vita all day. I have the entire series for PS3 but damned if I ever get around to playing them.
i doubt there is going to be a day 1 edition, but signs are pointing there will most likely going to be tales of xilla 2 collectors edition listing on bestbuy.com.

except it's not NisA releasing it, and it won't be for future titles.

Much like with the Atelier series, they built it up to a successful level and the IP owners want to just sell it themselves (in the atelier case it was a new IP owner but still :p)

Idea Factory is the one publishing the game and will likely be the ones to publish the other remakes while they leave the more risky projects to NisA such as the idol game.
Ah, that makes sense. I did noticed that once the Atelier games nabbed a following Gust started releasing them to the West on their own.

Ah, that makes sense. I did noticed that once the Atelier games nabbed a following Gust started releasing them to the West on their own.
it's actually Koei releasing those.

They bought up Gust and then started releasing the games on their own... while I wasn't happy to see it happen (I miss the limited editions) given the fact that Koei often assisted NisA in their distribution of their games, it wasn't remotely unexpected lol.

i doubt there is going to be a day 1 edition, but signs are pointing there will most likely going to be tales of xilla 2 collectors edition listing on bestbuy.com.
Bleh, in that case, I'd probably just get the CE anyway since I have so much BBY credit and I'd be saving $26 thanks to GCU. :roll:

So I think I know there is a rebirth 1 and 2 for the hyperdimension games, but is there a rebirth 3 at all? Was thinking of getting into that series,but I would prefer it to start on the vita. If there is not a rebirth 3, I might just go ahead and get Victory on psn.

Definitely picking this up.

...Oh, Best Buy...? :pray:
I'll buy any of these RPGs if they're at Best Buy. Praise the GCU.

Dammit I need a Vita... Hopefully next month I can save up for one.
Do yourself a favor and buy a Vita. You won't regret it.

Buying physical copy easily....I never played the first after my friend told me it was pretty bad, and I played very little and saw it wasn't very good.....easily will buy this....Neptunia............hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Too bad Plutia is not in it. :lol:

for those of you preferring to shop at newegg.com. they have almost every every upcoming niche titles listed here on their site for preorder.

In other news, Spike Chunsoft is interested in bringing over the Attack on Titan 3DS Game to the West. Just need to find a publisher. 

In other news, Spike Chunsoft is interested in bringing over the Attack on Titan 3DS Game to the West. Just need to find a publisher.
i know i am going to get hate for it, but i couldn't get into attack of titan anime, so i doubt i will purchase any of their games. it looks alot like freedom wars in terms of their gameplay, and character design.

I'll buy any of these RPGs if they're at Best Buy. Praise the GCU.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Vita. You won't regret it.

Too bad Plutia is not in it. :lol:
even [SIZE=111%]Monster Monpiece?[/SIZE]

i know i am going to get hate for it, but i couldn't get into attack of titan anime, so i doubt i will purchase any of their games. it looks alot like freedom wars in terms of their gameplay, and character design.

even [SIZE=111%]Monster Monpiece?[/SIZE]
AoT came out before Freedom Wars, just so you know. :lol: It's enjoyable but overrated. Dat Opening Song though.

Depends. I have to have a long debate of logic with myself if I'm ever going to buy MM. Besides, I'm not that into card games.

i know i am going to get hate for it, but i couldn't get into attack of titan anime
Same here, the pacing was horrible. I couldn't wait any longer for them to move the stupid boulder and dropped the show.

I did enjoy the manga though, but it's been kind of boring.

Same here, the pacing was horrible. I couldn't wait any longer for them to move the stupid boulder and dropped the show.

I did enjoy the manga though, but it's been kind of boring.
5+ eps dedicated to the Battle of Trost. :lol: really "good" pacing right there.

I enjoy the manga more. The latest chapters have me interested again, with
cout de tat incoming.

i also read somewhere, the sales number for the manga/book attack on titan in both Japan, and the US are doing really well. so it was inevitable for the game to be brought over to the US. basically strike while iron is hot

I love the AoT Manga more than the Anime. Too many times it made Eren look like a whiny bitch for extended periods of time, also they insanely played up Mikasa's sexual appeal and her undying loyalty

Also I hated how they excluded so many important scenes or changed them.

I hate how everyone is gonna end up turning out to be a titan.  that and the plot of the show is easily figured out in the first few minutes.

So the first Neptunia game is getting a re-release on the Vita, huh? I played my friend's copy a few weeks ago and my first impressions were not positive. Music was grating, combat system felt boring, and dungeon exploration failed to engage me at all. But, it seems it has a fan base so I'm willing to try the series again. Does the game get "good" after a certain point? Does the appeal for this series mainly come from its characters and/or storyline? Should I even have expectations?

So the first Neptunia game is getting a re-release on the Vita, huh? I played my friend's copy a few weeks ago and my first impressions were not positive. Music was grating, combat system felt boring, and dungeon exploration failed to engage me at all. But, it seems it has a fan base so I'm willing to try the series again. Does the game get "good" after a certain point? Does the appeal for this series mainly come from its characters and/or storyline? Should I even have expectations?
It isn't just a rerelease, but a remake that fixed some of the problems.

the only reason to play through the first game is for the story, luckily the vita version will fix what was one of the worst jrpg combat systems in existance so the first neptunia game on the vita should actually become an (slightly, so very slightly) above average jrpg.... In general though the series is a pile of crud with a decent theme to make it somewhat appealing.

sadly remakes won't fix my issues with the second game :(

So I think I know there is a rebirth 1 and 2 for the hyperdimension games, but is there a rebirth 3 at all? Was thinking of getting into that series,but I would prefer it to start on the vita. If there is not a rebirth 3, I might just go ahead and get Victory on psn.
The milk is so very very high with the neptunia series (there is like 5 releases in the next two years planned including the remakes) I would frankly be shocked if all of the neptunia games don't eventually end up on the vita.

amiami and nippon-yasan are the best. Highly recommend them both. Amiami has the lowest prices
ah i think it was atually Amiami that i had seen linked before. SO both Nippon-yasari AND Amiami are good places for me to check out for imports? I just wanted to make sure theyre reputable and decent before i order anything. I see a few people complaining about shipping time (not a big concern for me)

by the way. Is the sword art online game subtitled? I got an email from play asia a week or two back claiming that it would be english subtitled... which seems odd to me. If it is i guess its relatively importable

Anyone know if there any other bundle for the ps vita slim? Want to finally get one but not a fan of shooters 

If that's what comes with it I might as well get one from Japan with a variety of colours instead of plain black.

Hopefully they introduce some other type of bundle cause I definitely will not get the borderlands 2 one

Anyone know if there any other bundle for the ps vita slim? Want to finally get one but not a fan of shooters

If that's what comes with it I might as well get one from Japan with a variety of colours instead of plain black.

Hopefully they introduce some other type of bundle cause I definitely will not get the borderlands 2 one
There are probably other bundles in the works, but nothing announced so far, and it's a safe bet that there won't be other ones coming out on Tuesday.

If color isn't a dealbreaker, you're better off buying one and selling the code rather than paying ~$50 more to import.

There are probably other bundles in the works, but nothing announced so far, and it's a safe bet that there won't be other ones coming out on Tuesday.

If color isn't a dealbreaker, you're better off buying one and selling the code rather than paying ~$50 more to import.
That's true as well. If anything I might just wait a while and see what happens. Maybe they will release a surprise bundle in 1 months time. I doubt it will happen but it doesn't hurt to wait and hope.

Plus need to get a little more money anyway so it works out.

hmm anyone know what the 'free dlc code inside' on my copy of D2 has? I dont recall any pre order dlc characters for that game. I have the collectors edition and a regular version still unopened. The CE doesn't mention anything about it at all. I remember D4 had demon flonne... but really cant recall anything special with this game

hmm anyone know what the 'free dlc code inside' on my copy of D2 has? I dont recall any pre order dlc characters for that game. I have the collectors edition and a regular version still unopened. The CE doesn't mention anything about it at all. I remember D4 had demon flonne... but really cant recall anything special with this game
If i remember there was some free DLC for launch month or something. I think thats what it refers to, it was original costumes from Disgaea 1 or something

the only reason to play through the first game is for the story, luckily the vita version will fix what was one of the worst jrpg combat systems in existance so the first neptunia game on the vita should actually become an (slightly, so very slightly) above average jrpg.... In general though the series is a pile of crud with a decent theme to make it somewhat appealing.
I feel like I am the only person that enjoyed HN1's combat system. Then again I haven't played mk2 or Victory. Will be picking up Re;Birth when it gets localized.

sadly remakes won't fix my issues with the second game :(
So there will be an overhauled battle system? I may put this on my watch list then. What were your issues with the second game?

So the super important Persona announcement was a teaser trailer for Persona 4 Golden Animation, coming out July. 

The Persona Magazine is coming back and will be out on June 12th. Hopefully, there will be more information.

Does anyone have any guesses about what's included in the "Day One Edition" of One Piece Red for the PS3? It looks like Amazon just posted this in the last day or so.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2O4O5G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1JSFLLTC3AHTU&coliid=IFT4137ONPE3C
This article mentions a Luffy costume and additional quest with playable Ace, so maybe that's it?

The first copies of the game include the download codes for a limited adventure costume of Luffy from One Piece Film Strong World, as well as an additional Marineford quest with Ace as a playable character.

Does anyone have any guesses about what's included in the "Day One Edition" of One Piece Red for the PS3? It looks like Amazon just posted this in the last day or so.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2O4O5G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1JSFLLTC3AHTU&coliid=IFT4137ONPE3C
Just keep in mind that most Japanese games with limited first print versions tend to not sell out for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if initial print runs are typically larger than reprints.

Although One Piece is kind of popular. However I don't think the games are.

Anyway what exclusives are coming out soon? Dragengard CE (Square Enix) and the Vita version of One Piece Red (GS)?

I know ToH:R is supposedly a GS exclusive as well but won't be surprised if that changes.

I forgot to order JJBA from Namco and/or Amazon for the dlc, but someone here did claim that the dlcs would be released down the line.

Just keep in mind that most Japanese games with limited first print versions tend to not sell out for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if initial print runs are typically larger than reprints.

Although One Piece is kind of popular. However I don't think the games are.

Anyway what exclusives are coming out soon? Dragengard CE (Square Enix) and the Vita version of One Piece Red (GS)?

I know ToH:R is supposedly a GS exclusive as well but won't be surprised if that changes.

I forgot to order JJBA from Namco and/or Amazon for the dlc, but someone here did claim that the dlcs would be released down the line.
Speaking of One Piece, does anyone know how well it looks/runs on the Vita? This is a deciding factor on if I get the PS3 or Vita version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back