Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']is Muramasa LE Amazon only?[/QUOTE]At the moment, it looks like it, though we've yet to get official confirmation.

[quote name='MetroScotty']I can think of one that launched at $50 (Uncharted), but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Cod blops 2 and assassins creed 3: liberation.

Fellow Cags i have a conundrum. I Have preordered Soul Hackers on Amazon, however I am debating on weather or not I should cancel it. I have always bought the SMT games, but for the life of me I cant think of one I have played longer than a few hours (other than persona) I just find thatI get disinterested by the first person view. Should I pick it up?

[quote name='chibilaharl']Fellow Cags i have a conundrum. I Have preordered Soul Hackers on Amazon, however I am debating on weather or not I should cancel it. I have always bought the SMT games, but for the life of me I cant think of one I have played longer than a few hours (other than persona) I just find thatI get disinterested by the first person view. Should I pick it up?[/QUOTE]
At least by keeping the pre-order you will for sure get yourself a copy instead of regreting it and shelling out more than it will be at launch later down the line. Also comes with the OST thingy so remember that. If you even want to play it sometime down the road you will have it. I say unless your hurting for money then keep your pre-order. At least if you decidde to not keep it you will be able to sell for a profit.

[quote name='chibilaharl']Fellow Cags i have a conundrum. I Have preordered Soul Hackers on Amazon, however I am debating on weather or not I should cancel it. I have always bought the SMT games, but for the life of me I cant think of one I have played longer than a few hours (other than persona) I just find thatI get disinterested by the first person view. Should I pick it up?[/QUOTE]

If it's the first-person view that you don't like, SMT IV is coming out in July, and that uses a Persona-style third-person view.

[quote name='62t']Muramasa is the better game though[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think PXZ looks better and I played Muramasa on the Wii. Although Opinions and all that. :booty:

Hope they announce a CE for PXZ!

[quote name='MulderYuffie']At least by keeping the pre-order you will for sure get yourself a copy instead of regreting it and shelling out more than it will be at launch later down the line. Also comes with the OST thingy so remember that. If you even want to play it sometime down the road you will have it. I say unless your hurting for money then keep your pre-order. At least if you decidde to not keep it you will be able to sell for a profit.[/QUOTE]

That is assuming this game is a hit. If its a total flop, then nope.

[quote name='StryderOmega']That is assuming this game is a hit. If its a total flop, then nope.[/QUOTE]

That was my concern, I have often bought games from atlus knowing i can flip them if neccesary, but since the e-shops appeared, none of the games i've bought witht hat backup in mind have gone up in price.

Yes, pretty much what each retailer gets is the "first edition". Only time it is different if a specific retailer has a preorder bonus that is only available there.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']all these "preorder" bonuses for jrpg 3ds games are just first print editions available at any retailer that stocks them right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but be just be warned if you are a collector and want to make sure you get a perfect copy, don't go to Gamestop, unless you can preorder it or your there day one. You run the risk of getting an opened box with stickers and a somewhat damaged cardboard case.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yes, but be just be warned if you are a collector and want to make sure you get a perfect copy, don't go to Gamestop, unless you can preorder it or your there day one. You run the risk of getting an opened box with stickers and a somewhat damaged cardboard case.[/QUOTE]

Not if it's pre-ordered already. Besides, you can also see it as "don't order from Newegg/Amazon, they will just send it as a bubble mailer and smash it in". You really can't win, unless you order it at Fry's or something and even then, you have to peel off a sticker...
Really, the only way to get one in perfect condition, is to order it from Amazon along with a few other things, so they send it to you in a box.

[quote name='storino03']I've complained enough times (to Amazon) that they usually mail those items in boxes now, regardless of quantity.[/QUOTE]

It varies by warehouse and your complaints have zero impact on how they mail stuff to you. The individual warehouse has a database that shows what packaging they are supposed to use for every item. The only time they deviate is if multiple items ship at once in which case they have a formula for whatever the largest item would be that determines packaging. If this is all you are ordering, there is a good chance you will receive it in a padded pouch or a flimsy fold over cardboard mailer just like they have done with virtually every other 3DS CE in the past two years. As much as I dislike GS, I always preorder games of this type from the local GS location because I can see what I'm getting and possibly get a replacement if it's damaged. I have been screwed over far too many times by Amazon on fragile CEs.

Actually, in some cases I've returned games 2-3 times and the end result is that they come through in the end. I don't mind waiting. But like I said before, they 95% of the time ship in boxes (for me at least) now.

[quote name='storino03']Actually, in some cases I've returned games 2-3 times and the end result is that they come through in the end. I don't mind waiting. But like I said before, they 95% of the time ship in boxes (for me at least) now.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you return things 2-3 times since after the second return, they won't do anything but a refund. As for the box situation, like I said it has nothing to do with you as an individual. It's by warehouse and if they make a packaging change because of returns, everyone gets the updated packaging, not just you. I would agree that my local (Nevada) warehouse is using more boxes for games, but they still use the occasional padded pouch. I also have had problems with items being damaged prior to being boxed up (i.e. the packing box arrives pristine, but the game inside is crushed or badly damaged), so in general I just avoid Amazon for anything but standard case games.

ce-mockup_uk.jpg

Just leaving this here.

http://www.talesofgame.com/uk.html#preorder-content

[quote name='Luxuria']
ce-mockup_uk.jpg

Just leaving this here.

http://www.talesofgame.com/uk.html#preorder-content[/QUOTE]:shock: Uh...um...

:shock:

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Oh my god. 80 euros? Are you fucking--

That is a steal.[/QUOTE]I haven't had much experience buying UK-only editions of games, but is it because it includes that figure (and the artbook, I suppose) that ~$105 is a steal? I'm actually tempted to preorder this because I love the Tales of series, but it'd be the only non-US edition of the series I would own and I wouldn't be able to use the preorder bonus DLC that you apparently get when preordering this.

I already have Xillia paid off at Gamestop, so getting the game isn't really the issue for me; it's whether I want the extras in this LE enough to justify the higher cost and inability to install/use DLC. :whistle2:k

It would be awesome if we got this here! I don't want to have to import it. Plus, it's 80 Pounds, folks, not Euros. That's a big-assed difference.

BTW for that Tales of Xillia's CE, I just read on Siliconera is reporting that NA *will* get this.

It is $99.99 for NA, 99.99 pounds or 85.99 Euros for the EU version...minus shipping etc.

Hope this helps (as it has me thinking too)!

[quote name='rockykai']BTW for that Tales of Xillia's CE, I just read on Siliconera is reporting that NA *will* get this.

It is $99.99 for NA, 99.99 pounds or 85.99 Euros for the EU version...minus shipping etc.

Hope this helps (as it has me thinking too)![/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpghope18']Here is the link for it:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/1...edition-includes-milla-figurine-and-art-book/[/QUOTE]Oh, heck yes! I hope Gamestop is one of those "participating retailers" so I can switch my preorder! :bouncy: Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='rockykai']BTW for that Tales of Xillia's CE, I just read on Siliconera is reporting that NA *will* get this.

Wow $100 vs 100 pounds. The UK is getting ROYALLY fucked! Sucks for them. >_> haha

I should probably pick up Graces F before it disappears now that Xillia seems to be pushing it out. Is Amazon the best price for it?

Wow will be ordering this first day it is available; thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Project X Zone is getting soundtrack and mini-artbook and poster, still $39.99.

Also, the Tales of Xillia CE is awesome and I will buy it, even though I already own this figure which is better IMHO:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5604&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmilla%24pagemax%3D50%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1[/QUOTE]

Better as in materials, or better as in looks cooler?

I am very tempted on this CE, cursed JRPGs casting their spell on me... :)

Oh man.......was waiting to hear and see if there would be a collectors edition for Xillia.

That Milla figure will look good next to the other one I have haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back