Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vic, you could've just told him you're a game reviewer instead of giving him your high school sob story.
Didn't I? He asked if it was an import. I told him it was an import and asked what difference does it make, since I didn't like the question or how it was phrased. He said it was a simple question and asked why I was so defensive. That was when I mentioned my "high school sob story".

People are just jealous, you should rub it in their face
I know how annoying it is to have someone do that, so I rather just give out information / answer question / upload gameplay, than be an ass.

It's a joke for the most part.

None of the bosses are that deep and you're given way too many chances. It works out to something like...

• Start with 2 lives.
  • Scoring X amount of points will give you more lives.
  • If you lose all your lives you can continue for X sum of money. (Starts off very low, then gets a little high, then a little higher and then starts to skyrocket)
  • Once you continue you're given two lives.
  • After you beat the game you can get a blessing for additional lives at the start of your adventure.
  • You or people online can also pay to keep someone playing.
If that isn't enough, you can further lower the difficulty by finding an reviving the body of people you played with online. They will retain their level (so if I play with you at 99 and you're 12, then you can find / revive me at level 99, but the game will scale me down to 37 I believe. Too lazy to verify, but it's mid 30 something. The only really hard boss is the Red Dragon, since he is in a small room with a lot of random attacks. You can make him easier by leaving that room, but then you have a time limit to beat him. Most if not all of the B route bosses have some sort of time limit mechanic, which you must adhere to if you want to actually beat the game.

Anyway, I was able to beat hard at level 52 (I believe the cap is 68) and was still fast enough to get the trophy for beating the boss in 3 minutes. My friend who is a Wizard couldn't do it at 61, so build / play style are also very important (I found the dwarf to be the most difficult character).
I see. Well, it's still nice to see a co-op brawler these days so at least it'll be fun!

I see. Well, it's still nice to see a co-op brawler these days so at least it'll be fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eQdh6DW0N8&feature=youtu.be

I also just beat the game on infernal (getting the trophy! Will also upload upon request =D) at level 74.

It's going to be based off how you play, but you need to beat the game as every character (no shortcuts!) for the platinum. So if you want to platinum, you got to try them all anyway. With this being said, every character has "situational" usefulness and the best experience is going to be based off whatever you want to excel at.

Dwarf is a beast on the ground / clearing mobs, but he has nothing in terms of aerial attacks (making some bosses really problematic).

Wizard is flame based, so dragons (most powerful / annoying two bosses) are largely immune to the attacks you throw. However, the wizard is the more "powerful" magic user.

Sorceress is ice / lightning based and is more of a defensive character than the offensive Wizard. She can summon food to aid people / shields to lower damage, but she doesn't have a ton in terms of offensive attacks. She can also revive fallen warriors, who seem to be more useful than the Wizards tree people.

Elf is all about distance and one of the few characters that doesn't shine till you progress a bit in the game. Till level about 50 - 60 she is fairly week, though once you get into the infernal play through, she becomes a real beast! This also comes at the price of arrows, which need to be constantly replenished (they drop fairly often, but you usually need to put yourself in harms way to get them).

Amazon is probably the most technical character in the game and is all about high risk, high reward. She is another character that gets better over time, since she is all about attacking. Several attacks in a row will cause her to move faster and maxing that out makes her an absolute powerhouse (till the timer runs out and berserker mode ends)! She is also extremely powerful / useful without her weapon, which is contrary to the Dwarf / Fighter.

Fighter is my main and is the obligatory jack of all trades character. He has average speed, good range, is solid in both the air / ground, but doesn't have any sort of gimmick or super power to make him amazing (though he has a lot of rapid attacks). He is trash without his sword and can be used to make other classes far better.

I also plan on uploading some gameplay later today if anyone is interested. I am also open to polite suggestions!
Thanks so much! I was going to go with elf originally but since both my good friend and fiancee are playing as her I feel like I need to do something different. I think I'll go for Dwarf since he seems like a solid powerhouse overall.

Thanks so much! I was going to go with elf originally but since both my good friend and fiancee are playing as her I feel like I need to do something different. I think I'll go for Dwarf since he seems like a solid powerhouse overall.
Elf appears to be the most played character in the game, so that might be a wise choice.

The characters seem to be Elf (most popular) > Amazon > Sorceress > Fighter > Wizard > Dwarf (least)

Elf appears to be the most played character in the game, so that might be a wise choice.

The characters seem to be Elf (most popular) > Amazon > Sorceress > Fighter > Wizard > Dwarf (least)
ble was going go elf too but don't want be flavor of the month at the start. mit try fighter or sorc first, thanks for insight.

I saw the preview of the Art Book for Dragon's Crown but not sure if it is worth me plunging at release.

Anyone see the physical book?

If I do pick it up, is there a 'best place' in terms of a deal?

I saw the preview of the Art Book for Dragon's Crown but not sure if it is worth me plunging at release.

Anyone see the physical book?

If I do pick it up, is there a 'best place' in terms of a deal?
I own it and it's not too amazing.

It's softcover and the pages feel fairly cheap. It's not as nice as the Japanese version and is the lowest quality artbook I own.

The best place would be Amazon if you preordered it back in the day, but beyond that no. You can try GameStop, since they're giving some people the artbook now, so at the least you can have that without thinking of how you're going to obtain it. Keep in mind, this artbook seems to have a fairly large print run.

I own it and it's not too amazing.

It's softcover and the pages feel fairly cheap. It's not as nice as the Japanese version and is the lowest quality artbook I own.

The best place would be Amazon if you preordered it back in the day, but beyond that no. You can try GameStop, since they're giving some people the artbook now, so at the least you can have that without thinking of how you're going to obtain it. Keep in mind, this artbook seems to have a fairly large print run.
I must just wait and try and nab this later then, thanks for the heads up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oq4uU4VY0U&feature=youtu.be

I just completed the gallery and figured I would upload it for others to enjoy. These are almost all obtained from quests and each one offers some side stories / additional information on the world of Dragon's Crown. For those worried about spoilers, don't look at the last 7 pictures, since they relate to the games endings. 

Thanks for all of the information admiralvic, I have been waiting for this game since last year. Now if only they would remake Gauntlet Dark legacy with online co-op :bow:

did people get Dragon's Crown early? I'll wait for a sale. Odins Sphere was a good game from what I played.

I'm with you on this one. I want Dragon's Crown but there is too much going on this fall/winter. Just don't have the money it right now.

Hey guys, it seems a couple of new Aksys titles are now available to pre-order on Amazon (other stores do not have it up yet.)

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma ($50, PS3, Est. Placeholder, 3/25/14): http://amzn.to/16pbcd9

Sorcery Saga - Curse of the Great Curry God ($40, Vita, Est. Placeholder, ?): http://amzn.to/1clPOJM

Magus ($40, PS3, Est. Placeholder, 2/25/14): http://amzn.to/15AY8QK
BlazBlue has become as bad as Street Fighter, sadly. This is what, game number 4 for the series. Not including the 3DS CS II. Now if they offered an upgrade path from CSE, I wouldn't mind. I would pay $20 for this as DLC.

Can't wait to pop open Dragon's Crown tonight. Will be a good distraction until Saints Row IV for me.

BlazBlue has become as bad as Street Fighter, sadly. This is what, game number 4 for the series. Not including the 3DS CS II. Now if they offered an upgrade path from CSE, I wouldn't mind. I would pay $20 for this as DLC.

Can't wait to pop open Dragon's Crown tonight. Will be a good distraction until Saints Row IV for me.

You do realize this is a continuation of the story, essentially Blazblue 3. Not a reblanace or the same version like extend or SFIVAE. It's an actual sequel with new stages and even new characters and a whole new 30+ hour storyline. Nothing will evel be as bad as street fighter. Guilty gear also had a ton of releases. Nothing new for the fighting game genre, except capcom takes re-releases to an extreme. At least Arc systems games are of quality.

I just got an e-mail from NIS saying my order is ready and i'm like Disega D2 doesn't come out til OCT/NOV. They are sending me a second replacement Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Time Capsule Tin Box. I'm like sweet a free second Tin even thoe I only purchased one copy of the game.

You do realize this is a continuation of the story, essentially Blazblue 3. Not a reblanace or the same version like extend or SFIVAE. It's an actual sequel with new stages and even new characters and a whole new 30+ hour storyline. Nothing will evel be as bad as street fighter. Guilty gear also had a ton of releases. Nothing new for the fighting game genre, except capcom takes re-releases to an extreme. At least Arc systems games are of quality.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I mean... at all?

Capcom has done rereleases and new games, but that is what happens when you lack the ability to patch the game. Even then, ARC released 5 versions of XX, one of which actually removed characters and in that whole span I only recall ABA being added as a new character.

In terms of this generation, ARC went the route of over priced / lazy DLC (announcers, pallet swaps, characters at $7 dollars each, glasses [Persona 4 the arena], etc). Capcom isn't much better, but their costumes do have more effort involved than ARC. In terms of games, Capcom introduced paid DLC updates that cost a fraction of what it cost to buy a new game (unlike BlazBlue). Capcom also enabled Cross-Buy on their DLC costumes / characters, so MvC 3 / SF X Tekken players got a little more bang for their buck. On the other hand, Arc System Works has made as many rehashes of BlazBlue 2 as SF IV, which isn't even counting BB 1 / portable / the upcoming one. Finally, Arc System Works has what I consider to be the worst game in the whole 3DS library. Not only did it not support the thumbstick, it also lacked online (DoA / SF had it) and the Extend was announced roughly a week after it released in the US.

Oh, didn't know there was a new 30+ hour storyline. Never mind at my last comment.

I am shocked both my Dragon's Crown and ToX came perfect today in the box.

My Tales of Xillia shipped today, so should be here sometime next week. Pumped for that game.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I mean... at all?

Capcom has done rereleases and new games, but that is what happens when you lack the ability to patch the game. Even then, ARC released 5 versions of XX, one of which actually removed characters and in that whole span I only recall ABA being added as a new character.

In terms of this generation, ARC went the route of over priced / lazy DLC (announcers, pallet swaps, characters at $7 dollars each, glasses [Persona 4 the arena], etc). Capcom isn't much better, but their costumes do have more effort involved than ARC. In terms of games, Capcom introduced paid DLC updates that cost a fraction of what it cost to buy a new game (unlike BlazBlue). Capcom also enabled Cross-Buy on their DLC costumes / characters, so MvC 3 / SF X Tekken players got a little more bang for their buck. On the other hand, Arc System Works has made as many rehashes of BlazBlue 2 as SF IV, which isn't even counting BB 1 / portable / the upcoming one. Finally, Arc System Works has what I consider to be the worst game in the whole 3DS library. Not only did it not support the thumbstick, it also lacked online (DoA / SF had it) and the Extend was announced roughly a week after it released in the US.
:applause:

Namco Bandai has revealed two new One Piece themed 3DS XLs to go along with the new One Piece game that's coming out in Japan in November.

luffy-red.jpg

896f021f.jpg

Here's a new trailer for the game if anyone was interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4cRyhLYKY

Being localized = good.

eShop only = bad.
I understand the sentiment, but talking to XSeed representative I understand where they are coming from. They have been burned before and lost money on games so they are tentative about taking such a risk on a niche title. If it is successful they would be happy in 2014 to bring Shinovi Versus (PSV) via physical release as demand would be demonstrated.

I am definitely downloading it day one and have grown accustomed to doing what I can to support niche Japanese games I love.

Vinny, on 07 Aug 2013 - 1:49 PM, said:Being localized = good.

eShop only = bad.
Yeah, I wish they did a small release like Pentavision did with Technika Tune. Maybe their circumstances are different?

man, i love one piece, i would so get that. The black,and red one, because it has the whole crew mates of luffy.
Same here, I love the way the black and red one looks. And if you squint hard enough, you can actually see that the 3DS has all the crew members names and they're in English at that!

Same here, I love the way the black and red one looks. And if you squint hard enough, you can actually see that the 3DS has all the crew members names and they're in English at that!
the pink one looks too bland, with just chopper in the image, and tons of space. even though i think the pink design/ color is nice too tho. if they added more chars on the pink one. i would get that instead.

I understand the sentiment, but talking to XSeed representative I understand where they are coming from. They have been burned before and lost money on games so they are tentative about taking such a risk on a niche title. If it is successful they would be happy in 2014 to bring Shinovi Versus (PSV) via physical release as demand would be demonstrated.

I am definitely downloading it day one and have grown accustomed to doing what I can to support niche Japanese games I love.
It was more of a personal sentiment, since I don't own a 3DS (price too high and still not that great of a library) so I can't even support it. For these really niche titles, I kinda wish companies would at least try something like Gaijin did for Class of Heroes 2... even if it's only for the physical copy. It also sucks that I can't support Earthbound since I'd need to buy a Wii U (SNES games on 3DS would mean I'd buy a 3DS though).

But overall though, I just don't like digital distribution (or Nintendo's online... anything).

But you're right... it's better they at least take a chance and maybe we'll get a physical release of SV.

man, i love one piece, i would so get that. The black,and red one, because it has the whole crew mates of luffy.
Ugh, and another

Namco Bandai has revealed two new One Piece themed 3DS XLs to go along with the new One Piece game that's coming out in Japan in November.

luffy-red.jpg

896f021f.jpg

Here's a new trailer for the game if anyone was interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4cRyhLYKY
Ugh, another reason to hate region locking....I'd import that Red and Black one in a heart beat. Hell, I'd play the pink one too, I love Chopper.

Ugh, and another

Ugh, another reason to hate region locking....I'd import that Red and Black one in a heart beat. Hell, I'd play the pink one too, I love Chopper.
are you a big one piece fan too? lol i wish they would localized the one piece game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back