Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, i have a stupid question to ask. i just recently got star ocean last hope international, and Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist Of Arland. the issue i have is how do you quit the game while in game from the start menu. when i pulled up the options menus, while in game there are no quit game options. i had to press the ps button on my controller to quit game.

My walmart has 2 new copies of Kingdom Hearts 3d at walamrt for $19.99 each. Do you think I should grab them? Seems like it's jumping in value
I would definitely grab them, especially if you have not played the game and are interested in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Also, they are easily going for ~40 on eBay, so you could do a quick flip, or hold on to them and let them become more valuable.

I had a lot of points saved up so I used it to get Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. Ended up only paying $19.99 for a new copy. I hate that gamestop takes the shrink wrap off. At least it did come with the soundtrack. 

hey guys, i have a stupid question to ask. i just recently got star ocean last hope international, and Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist Of Arland. the issue i have is how do you quit the game while in game from the start menu. when i pulled up the options menus, while in game there are no quit game options. i had to press the ps button on my controller to quit game.
With Star Ocean you're better off quitting by breaking the disc in half.

I guess I have the same logic as Europe's rating system. I would have given this game a "Teen" (13+) rating for this game, with the now censored images.  If I were in charge of rating this game for the ESRB.

After clicking the spoiler image tag.  Yeah I can see now  why lots of people are concerned about the uncensored images.

None of the cards they took out seem all that shocking or weird to me, but I guess I'm desensitized.  I'd like to see what the ones being left in look like in comparison.  Maybe I should be shocked about the fact that I'm not shocked by the imagery, but they don't even seem all that sexual to me.  Suppose they do look young, and I suppose it's odd that I am unphased.

I'm actually more shocked by the outrage of the anti-censorship fan bureau of investigation.  Can't believe people actually care that much.

I hope this is a good game.  Hearing Culcept mentioned got me excited.  Just don't know if Idea Factory has the mettle, though.

None of the cards they took out seem all that shocking or weird to me, but I guess I'm desensitized. I'd like to see what the ones being left in look like in comparison. Maybe I should be shocked about the fact that I'm not shocked by the imagery, but they don't even seem all that sexual to me. Suppose they do look young, and I suppose it's odd that I am unphased.

I'm actually more shocked by the outrage of the anti-censorship fan bureau of investigation. Can't believe people actually care that much.

I hope this is a good game. Hearing Culcept mentioned got me excited. Just don't know if Idea Factory has the mettle, though.
I'm mostly desensitized. The only one that stood out to me was the goblin one, but it's as explicit in level 2. I think it's the pose. A lot of anime released in the states are much worse than most of these images, to be honest. Yet people don't really bat an eye at those..

I'm mostly desensitized. The only one that stood out to me was the goblin one, but it's as explicit in level 2. I think it's the pose. A lot of anime released in the states are much worse than most of these images, to be honest. Yet people don't really bat an eye at those..
Agreed, i'm very used to just about any anime ecchiness of sorts, only thing that gets to me sometimes is like random moans and such in anime like in the new whatever anime about the stepsister who has to fall do affectionate things with the brother...some of those scenes...now those I just have to turn down and such, but i don't bat an eye at any of the offending images.

Damn I didn't know about that. I didn't like 3 much but I loved 1 and 2.

Any word on if it will get a physical release?
Yes North American release for the PS3 and Vita in March but no true confirmation as to whether or not it will be a physical release. Also an EU release should be happening around the same time.

Information on the system in the game for those who have never played the previous games.

http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/deception4/system.html

Demon Gaze has a release date set for April 22nd (NA) and April 25th (EU). There will be a premium edition of a "Mercenary's Guide to Misrid," OST, and special box.

I just got the email from NISA about Demon Gaze, and this is the first I'm seeing of it but it looks like it's right up my alley.  Going by a Japanese trailer I found on YouTube it was apparently released in Japan last January - how was it received over there?  Is it supposedly as good as it looks?  Seriously considering that collector's edition. 

I just got the email from NISA about Demon Gaze, and this is the first I'm seeing of it but it looks like it's right up my alley. Going by a Japanese trailer I found on YouTube it was apparently released in Japan last January - how was it received over there? Is it supposedly as good as it looks? Seriously considering that collector's edition.
From what I've read, it's considered one of the stronger games in the Vita library. Considering I've been waiting for a new dungeon-crawler and NISA's Limited Editions are actually limited, I decided to preorder this and wait for a sale on Conception II (also gives me a chance to read some impressions on the latter in case it doesn't turn out well).

From what I've read, it's considered one of the stronger games in the Vita library. Considering I've been waiting for a new dungeon-crawler and NISA's Limited Editions are actually limited, I decided to preorder this and wait for a sale on Conception II (also gives me a chance to read some impressions on the latter in case it doesn't turn out well).
That's good to hear, thanks. Does NISA charge for preorders when you place the order or when the game ships? Don't really wanna put anything else on my card right now (darn PS2 game clearance! :p) but I'll have it paid off well before April.

That's good to hear, thanks. Does NISA charge for preorders when you place the order or when the game ships? Don't really wanna put anything else on my card right now (darn PS2 game clearance! :p) but I'll have it paid off well before April.
There's a pre-authorization charge for the full amount that lasts for 1-2 weeks to make sure you have the credit, but the actual charge doesn't occur until the game ships.

Ah LE for Demon Gaze....had a pre-order at Newegg but yeah I like artbooks and I like soundtracks with my CEs....this has both and a cool box...seems worth 10 more dollars for me...well would be about 14 or so since i got the Newegg pre-order discount.

I had a lot of points saved up so I used it to get Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. Ended up only paying $19.99 for a new copy. I hate that gamestop takes the shrink wrap off. At least it did come with the soundtrack.
At least your lucky on that aspect. I got mine and it was a meh case, and no soundtrack..

Then that isn't new.

If they want to claim games are "new" when gutted, that is one thing. It's a stupid argument, but at least it's worth arguing somewhat. But when you strip items out of that package, you can no longer deem it new.

What's next, they gut CEs, remove the statues and still try to sell them as new?

Yeah, pretty much. And they put the box with all the other cases so it gets all beat up and greasy. But some stores don't do that.

Yeah, pretty much. And they put the box with all the other cases so it gets all beat up and greasy. But some stores don't do that.
You mean you don't like greasy and beaten up boxes? I like mine with a little character haha.......not really I got a Record of the Agarest War Zero CE once and lucky it was a bit discounted cause dang my box rubbed up with some others!

Back when I worked at a GameStop we used to shrink wrap our display boxes.  Our District Manager put a stop to that because it was cutting ever so slightly into his bonus.

tales games are on sale on bamco's online store again. not an amazing deal though. Buy 1 20% off 2 30% 3 or more for 45%. ends February 2nd, 11:59 PM (PST).

IGN did a little video on that Monster Monpiece game peopl were talking about a while back. Honestly the game looks too pervy for me, but im still annoyed they censored it. One of the guys in the video puts it great: Saying that this is a super niche game already, and then they go and censor it, pissing off the small group of people who would have bought it anyway... why even bother bringing it over then?

They also mention the censored costumes in bravely default which is a bit perplexing when you google it. They really aren't that bad a all, not sure why they had to change that.

Anyway interesting little burb on it, give it a look if you want

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/28/game-scoop-discussing-vitas-new-censored-game?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Well, Bravely Default is certain to at least get some children as customers buying it in the west.  That other game, it sounds like, not so much.

Well, Bravely Default is certain to at least get some children as customers buying it in the west. That other game, it sounds like, not so much.
LOL yes theres no comparison at all. Its just that the stuff they censored in BD is a it confusing... it wasn't really risque at all. Basically the equivalent of swimsuit bottoms on kinda chibi design characters... wtf?

I've been completely ignoring this Danganronpa game until yesterday when I decided to watch the trailers NIS sent me links to.  Turns out, it looks really cool.  But with the type of game it is I'm concerned it will be really short - I know it's been out in Japan for a while, so anyone know how long it's supposed to be?  And is there any replay value at all to it?  

I've been completely ignoring this Danganronpa game until yesterday when I decided to watch the trailers NIS sent me links to. Turns out, it looks really cool. But with the type of game it is I'm concerned it will be really short - I know it's been out in Japan for a while, so anyone know how long it's supposed to be? And is there any replay value at all to it?
It's not very good in terms of replay value (although it's better than the Ace Attorney games, since you choose what optional content to pursue during free periods), but it's pretty long - expect to spend 20+ hours to finish.

On a completely unrelated to anything censorship note -

Is Blazblue Continuum Shift II for 3DS a rare game? It appears to be selling for quite a bit on both ebay and Amazon. I noticed that Gamestop has it for 19.99 used, though. I would guess some of their copies were likely converted from new to used at some point because they don't seem to carry new copies anymore.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii/90873?affID=77777&sourceID=sO31UgJhSNc-KyZ4qXJkfcQgrGqYHD_46w

On a completely unrelated to anything censorship note -

Is Blazblue Continuum Shift II for 3DS a rare game? It appears to be selling for quite a bit on both ebay and Amazon. I noticed that Gamestop has it for 19.99 used, though. I would guess some of their copies were likely converted from new to used at some point because they don't seem to carry new copies anymore.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii/90873?affID=77777&sourceID=sO31UgJhSNc-KyZ4qXJkfcQgrGqYHD_46w
Was the worst game in the series lol. If its rate, i would find it hilarious. This version had so many flaws and faults. Just a shoddy half assed port

Well, Bravely Default is certain to at least get some children as customers buying it in the west. That other game, it sounds like, not so much.
I didn't bother really looking into it, but I thought it wasn't censorship and it was just everyone being misinformed on the internet. A person posted a picture of the other costumes from a book that had the different costume versions in the first place:

ibk3QoxSRX5vSU.jpg

If I am wrong, my apologies.

Actually I just read a mini-review from somebody on another thread in response to the video:

bought that earlier this month and can't recommend it unless they sell it + the film for $30 or less

the game is about an hour long (including cutscenes) and they pretty much show the best parts of the gameplay in that trailer

there's only 10 stages (as short as 2 minutes) and a good number of them are minigame/gimmick stages rather than the side scrolling action

definitely only get it if you're also interested in the films, or if they sell a psn version of just the game for $10 or less

it's also not a straightforward serious story like the trailer suggests but rather descends into nonsensical suda51 style, these are screenshots from the game
Lame. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back