Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://gematsu.com/2014/08/chaos-rings-iii-prequel-trilogy-includes-every-chaos-rings

I'm maybe interested in this. Hard to tell just yet. The game certainly looks good enough, but the gameplay seems a bit overly-intricate. Anybody play these and have an opinion?
thanks for sharing, i took few minutes to check random review opinions of the games, since i never really heard of them an 90% of them were all positive for the first 2 games.

i never really like buying game for my phone unless it was something really cheap, so looking forward too this on vita. in case anyone was wondering here couple links

metacritic for chaos ring 1

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/chaos-rings

metacritic for chaos ring 2

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/chaos-rings-ii

Now you guys have me worried about my Xillia 2 guide from Amazon.  It does say expected arrival on the 25th - 29th, but hasn't shipped yet.  On the bright side, the price has been knocked down about four bucks since I ordered (mid-July).

I can't tell if Nature Doctrine looks good or not. The gameplay just isn't obvious. It looks overly-complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttzT48-Uro

It was primarily what was shown at the 1:07-1:12 mark that confused me due to all of the arrows and text on the arrows.
I assume that it lists the distance we can travel or the objective/enemy. The text I assume are bonuses we have normally have, or we get for having specific team members.

Given enough time, we'll probably wrap our head around the concept.

I assume that it lists the distance we can travel or the objective/enemy. The text I assume are bonuses we have normally have, or we get for having specific team members.

Given enough time, we'll probably wrap our head around the concept.
That's why I plan on waiting for reviews and a price drop before considering it.

I can't tell if Nature Doctrine looks good or not. The gameplay just isn't obvious. It looks overly-complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fttzT48-Uro

My head and/or eyes hurt just watching that trailer. :???:
like i said previously, the game is basically xcom enemy unknown, or valkyie chronicle but that 10X more difficult. go get a copy of either of those games, if you have issues with them. it is a easy pass.

I have both. It's just that the video wasn't cut in a way that really gave you a good look at the sequential gameplay steps. Instead it zoomed way in on one character a lot of the time and didn't really indicate the strategic approach and commands well. Once gameplay videos come out it'll be a bit clearer what's going on.

I have both. It's just that the video wasn't cut in a way that really gave you a good look at the sequential gameplay steps. Instead it zoomed way in on one character a lot of the time and didn't really indicate the strategic approach and commands well. Once gameplay videos come out it'll be a bit clearer what's going on.
the whole walkthrough was already out months ago on youtube, this japanese neogaf user posted it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxw3s8m0AQ

the whole walkthrough was already out months ago on youtube, this japanese neogaf user posted it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxw3s8m0AQ
But that's not in English so I can't tell what choices they're making and such. Though it does give a better view of the action.

I'm looking forward to Natural doctrine as it looks like a pretty meaty strategy game. It will likely take a while to get used to the combat and such, but looks fun. The cheap PS4 price was icing on the cake for me taking a chance on it.

Also this article looks at a basic first time play of Natural Doctrine and impressions though not too many.

Link

Another Fairy Fencer F Trailer

Link

Looks average like most Compile Heart games. I may have to cancel the LE myself as I got a blown out tire and have to get another. I'll wait and see though. I'm not particularly looking to play the game right away (ArNoSurge gets that from the same period of time and Destiny). 

Think 40$ is the best price I can get for tales of eternia psp?  I would prefer not paying that much for a psp game even if its part of the tales of series which I already like and have most of them for.

And I caved and bought it.  Now to just sit and wait on it to arrive from ireland or wherever in europe its coming from.  Shame about my lack of self control but eh what can ya do?

NIS is awesome, sent them pictures of my scratched Disgaea 4 keychains and they have already sent me another set I believe (Or just the Valvatorez one which was damaged, not sure but still awesome)

Another Fairy Fencer F Trailer

Link

Looks average like most Compile Heart games. I may have to cancel the LE myself as I got a blown out tire and have to get another. I'll wait and see though. I'm not particularly looking to play the game right away (ArNoSurge gets that from the same period of time and Destiny).
I had to ditch something from my Sept. pickups as well because there was just too much, and that LE was the easy choice. It just doesn't have anything included that appeals to me for the price, and like you I'd rather play Ar nosurge at release. I'll get FF down the road after it drops in price, and I'll be good w/ the standard ed.

NIS is awesome, sent them pictures of my scratched Disgaea 4 keychains and they have already sent me another set I believe (Or just the Valvatorez one which was damaged, not sure but still awesome)
I agree^

They have sent me several replacements for damaged or missing orders in the past. They may not always have the fastest, or most accurate shipping or CS, but they are really good about keeping LE items in supply for replacements.

Most places would be "sorry, better luck next time", but NISA really does seem to care about the fans. It's very nice to see a company actually give a damn. That's why I always support these guys when I can.

I agree^

They have sent me several replacements for damaged or missing orders in the past. They may not always have the fastest, or most accurate shipping or CS, but they are really good about keeping LE items in supply for replacements.

Most places would be "sorry, better luck next time", but NISA really does seem to care about the fans. It's very nice to see a company actually give a damn. That's why I always support these guys when I can.
Agreed they have top notch customer service. They took about 2 days to fix an order issue I had, and I'll likely take advantage of their good customer service to cancel the FFF LE. Was a bit overpriced by 10 dollars too IMHO.

I was cancelling some September pre-orders myself and with this extra expense FFF LE is an easy cancel, as well as sadly P4Arena Ultimax. I still need to play the first one more anyway.

I have a $5 off coupon for Play Asia I will not be using and maybe one of you guys would want

expires Aug 25, 2014(minimum product value $60)

AP-PGX-KXX 

I noticed that two of the gamestops in town had a copy of Ys:  Memories of Celceta Silver edition for $49.99.  Picked it up since it was one of  the only copies within 60 miles.  Kind of regret spending that much, but kind of wanted to since I have the collector editions of the psp Ys games.

There probably aren't any better deals on this out there?

I noticed that two of the gamestops in town had a copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver edition for $49.99. Picked it up since it was one of the only copies within 60 miles. Kind of regret spending that much, but kind of wanted to since I have the collector editions of the psp Ys games.

OOS on every other major site and ebay price is higher. What do you think?

I noticed that two of the gamestops in town had a copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver edition for $49.99. Picked it up since it was one of the only copies within 60 miles. Kind of regret spending that much, but kind of wanted to since I have the collector editions of the psp Ys games.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago too from gamestop. :) ( He also gave me someone's held copy whoops :whistle2: )

I was thinking about getting the LE of Re;birth, but none of the extra features are enticing me to pay the extra $20. I already have a good Vita case, the cell phone charm doesn't interest me, and that art piece is probably never going to see the light of day. Box looks nice though.

There are 5 in my area, give or take. I'll wait for it to be converted to used.

Don't forget that Neptunia thing is happening like three midnights from now, depending on your timezone!
What Neptunia thing?

Is there a patch out there to put the h scenes and other deleted content back, or will I need to buy it elsewhere if I want it?
Clannad doesn't have h scenes, most Key vns don't.

I was thinking about getting the LE of Re;birth, but none of the extra features are enticing me to pay the extra $20. I already have a good Vita case, the cell phone charm doesn't interest me, and that art piece is probably never going to see the light of day. Box looks nice though.
They're only printing 1000, that's enough for me to buy one since I'm a sucker for really limited edition stuff. I'd say it's worth it to grab one for your collection if you're into that sort of thing.

I know. I just thought it was included. And I left out the name because it could be a spoiler.
They didn't say anything to indicate it is and I doubt it will be, since Sekai Project specifically announced "Clannad Full Voice Edition" which shares it's name with a japanese release of the game from 2008 which didn't include it as far as I can tell. I suspect it will be released separately if Clannad does well. I don't really see how the title could be a spoiler but I'll go back and tag it just in case.

They didn't say anything to indicate it is and I doubt it will be, since Sekai Project specifically announced "Clannad Full Voice Edition" which shares it's name with a japanese release of the game from 2008 which didn't include it as far as I can tell. I suspect it will be released separately if Clannad does well. I don't really see how the title could be a spoiler but I'll go back and tag it just in case.
I see. Well, in any case, I'm in for it for sure, whether or not they include side stories. Love Steam for getting VNs now, even though they were long overdue.

They're only printing 1000, that's enough for me to buy one since I'm a sucker for really limited edition stuff. I'd say it's worth it to grab one for your collection if you're into that sort of thing.
I've decided to pass on it too. I thought about the limited angel, but there's just WAY too much coming out this Fall and I simply can't get it all. I'm picking up 7 games in September alone, and no matter how I look at the list I can't bring myself to cancel any of those. So something had to give, and the Neptunia LE is the week link for pretty much the same reasons TLOU said.

you do know its not limited. they are only printing 1000 cause they think they can only get 1000 of the japan charms. So its not really unlimited

Most don't? It's like 3 out of 10 that don't have HCG.

If a physical version of Clannad becomes available through this, you can bet where my money is going to go.

Day one digital anyway.  Holy **** is this awesome news.

Platinumed Demon Gaze last night. Pretty good game. End game wasn't too bad compared to EO1 and EO2.

I had no troubles with the end game until the second to last fight, dying 3 times. I was level 37-39 with mostly rank C gear. So I went through the last map again to get A and S ranked +10 gear, and breezed through the last two bosses at around level 41.
Quasar was a lot easier than Dark Aries to me. I thought there was going to be a second form, and saved my miracle items. I ended up not using a single one.

After that, I farmed for the katana trophies and the skull/shroom trophies, and ended up at level 45-ish when I finished.

Overall, pretty good game. If you're into EO at all, it's worth a play. About half the length too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back