Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm thnx for the info guys. I never did request a replacement. Hell i havent even opened the shipping boxes for them yet. I DID get a replacement for the original one though, as that arrived smashed. Think it was when they first switched to this Texas based company. Maybe i was still in the system for htat, or maybe it is really just shipping them out automatically for people in a certain batch Very weird i didn't get an email about it or anything though
If you opened yours there should be a letter saying a replacement is on the way

The case in your Danganronpa 2 LE that holds the coin is scratched/damaged. They mailed out replacements for known damaged editions. If you're keeping it sealed just know your coin case is damaged.
Oh so that's what it was for. I got the same thing in the mail last week and had no idea what it was.

I still haven't gotten a shipment notice for Ar nosurge >.<

I feel it's cause I ordered it with Fairy Fencer F but unno :(

Now I'm waiting on both games ughh, and I wanna play them 

I still haven't gotten a shipment notice for Ar nosurge &gt;.&lt;

I feel it's cause I ordered it with Fairy Fencer F but unno :(

Now I'm waiting on both games ughh, and I wanna play them
I had some issues with my billing and finally got it fixed. With it being NISA, I'm not too worried that they haven't giving me my tracking number yet. Hopefully it has been sent, they just haven't updated my invoice. Of course, they've already charged me. :wall:

Any word on if they plan to patch the Vita games that don't work because of the touch controls?

There's only a few but that's pretty much all that's preventing me from dumping my Vita for a Vita TV.
I'm still wondering if Japanese Vita TV's will be able to use US accounts once the PlayStation TV releases here.

Just got this email...

Dear Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Limited Edition customers,

Thank you for taking the time to place your order through our Online Store!

Unfortunately, our warehouse notified us of an internal error with their shipping system which has resulted in approximately 10% of orders being delayed. As of today, your order currently has not been shipped and is being processed by our warehouse, and for that you have our deepest apologies. Currently, all pending orders should be shipped out by the end of this week at the latest.

We have been working hard along with our warehouses to resolve the issue and ensure that no future orders will be affected by it.

Once again, we apologize and truly appreciate your patience while we work through this issue. Look forward to your copy of Ar nosurge very soon!

Thank you for your time and support!
I originally ordered this and Fairy Fencer because they had the same release date. When the dates got switched and I realized FFF would be shipped with Ar no Surge I figured it was OK because I was more excited about playing Surge. Now I have to wait another week to get either of them? Awesome!

Just got this email...

I originally ordered this and Fairy Fencer because they had the same release date. When the dates got switched and I realized FFF would be shipped with Ar no Surge I figured it was OK because I was more excited about playing Surge. Now I have to wait another week to get either of them? Awesome!
Just got the same email. No bueno indeed

Just got this email...

I did not order these two games at the same time, and they shipped separately. Did you place the order for both of the games together? I got lucky I guess.

My Ar nosurge LE arrived today, but I shipped it to work since I've been moving. The person with the mailbox key is out at the moment (not sure if for the day or just for a while), so I may have to wait anyway. :p

Think i'm finally getting my Ar no Surge LE today...hope it's pretty awesome.
It's pretty good, it's like the last few LEs they've done where the slipcover's fitted for the cd, game, and artbook. I can't play it 'til tomorrow though, work beckons. Next week'll be Natural Doctrine, I can't wait for the next LE they do.

I'm considering ordering the Ar Nosurge LE because I fucked up my copy's cover art/case/manual/case (courtesy of disgusting Gamestop employees). I'm surprised that it's in stock still, but I wish I had ordered it to begin with. Anyone have spare NISA coupons?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/A-Set-of-21-Sony-PlayStation-2-Games-18058812.html

don't know if that ends up being a good deal or not as I've never dealt with good wills website before but that collection of games has steam bot chronicles in it and going by price tracker that's much cheaper than anywhere else.  Possible good deal for anyone that could snag it.  the rest of it could just be used for extra cases and frisbees :p

on another note lmao someone at good will couldn't tell the difference between a wiiu and wii http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Nintendo-Wii-WUP-001-002-Console-w-Accessories-18109670.html

doubt that will stay cheap for long

Ah, now it's out of stock. Meh. Well, I'll wait for the standard to drop around $20. That should happen by the time I finish that in-depth summary of Ciel Nosurge and some other stuff in my backlog. At least I got the pre-order DLC.

Ah, now it's out of stock. Meh. Well, I'll wait for the standard to drop around $20. That should happen by the time I finish that in-depth summary of Ciel Nosurge and some other stuff in my backlog. At least I got the pre-order DLC.
Could you PM me a link to that in-depth summary? I plan on eventually getting Ar Nosurge, but I want to read up on Ciel first.

ByXT15MIQAAxuO2.jpg

For UK. :(

KingCountXero, on 25 Sept 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:
Oh, FFS. Again? Come on Bamco. I'm going to be pissed if we don't get this in the US.
I know gamestop is paying extra for exclusive physical, they would gladly pay for a collectors, must be bamco demanding an arm and a leg to do so since also their has been no news on preorder bonuses, usually when gamestop wants to have a physical edition of a game that bamco or Nintendo don't want to release, they are forced to pay extra plus copies made for bamco or Nintendo online store also, so yah blame is appropriate as both those companies keep forcing digital on the west, at least gamestop is on our side, also since that is the same as the Japanese one, not gonna care cause it was like 40 off awhile back so I imported it and sold the codes and game on ebay but kept the swag, might be tough do to now since the translated version is coming

For that ToHR LE, other than the DLC costumes (which won't work with US PSN accounts, IIRC), you only get an entry into a "lottery" drawing, correct? Is there really any value in importing that other than selling the DLC to UK players?

For that ToHR LE, other than the DLC costumes (which won't work with US PSN accounts, IIRC), you only get an entry into a "lottery" drawing, correct? Is there really any value in importing that other than selling the DLC to UK players?
You know you can get around getting DLC from other regions. Have a UK and HK account now and d/l UK DLC to my PS3 and than transfer the files to my PS Vita, which has NA region and yeah its more work to D/L, but don't need to be restricted. Thinking of importing this copy now.

Does anyone know where this will be sold in the UK? I doubt we'll see this in the states, since the physical game is GS exclusive. I can just import this if need be, depending on price.
I hear Zavvi is good for importing these kinds of things, but I don't know if that applies for this game. I'm wondering what they will do with the costumes for the US. I'm assuming they will give us 3 inside the game and the preorder ones will have a DLC code printed on the receipt. I don't see myself importing just for costumes.

I doubt any vitas will go on clearance/sale anywhere before ToHR comes out, so I'll be stuck looking at it either way. I don't see why it doesn't work with the PSTV.

I wonder how many copies they'll even make. With it being a GS exclusive I'm guessing the game is going to retain its value pretty well.
Tales of Graces followed the same Gamestop exclusive deal in 2012. It's selling around $30-$35 for a new copy. It's held up it's value as a new copy better than most 2.5 year old games. Used copies are in the $20 range.

Tales of Graces followed the same Gamestop exclusive deal in 2012. It's selling around $30-$35 for a new copy. It's held up it's value as a new copy better than most 2.5 year old games. Used copies are in the $20 range.
Tales of Graces F wasn't GS exclusive at all. It had GS exclusive DLC but that was it.

Tales of Graces F wasn't GS exclusive at all. It had GS exclusive DLC but that was it.
Hmmm, I think you're right, I bought it there... one of the few times I make a new games purchase. I guess it was for the DLC. Xenoblade Chronicles was for sure a gamestop exclusive (isn't there some amazon/nintendo spat still going on?). Maybe that's something more analogous.

Hmmm, I think you're right, I bought it there... one of the few times I make a new games purchase. I guess it was for the DLC. Xenoblade Chronicles was for sure a gamestop exclusive (isn't there some amazon/nintendo spat still going on?). Maybe that's something more analogous.
Yeah, Xenoblade was available only through GS and limited quantities directly through Nintendo online.

If it becomes rare and sought-after they will just do a second print anyway, sold as pre-owned of course. Even the mediocre One Piece Romance Dawn (another Bamco game) appears to have gotten another shipment if the GS stock checker is anything to go by.

If it becomes rare and sought-after they will just do a second print anyway, sold as pre-owned of course. Even the mediocre One Piece Romance Dawn (another Bamco game) appears to have gotten another shipment if the GS stock checker is anything to go by.
At least people can then buy them at a reasonable price. Before Xenoblade get reprinted the prices were getting stupid. It's one reason why I don't collect for the snes. Even mediocre games or games that are super common got for high prices.

I'm not 100% sure about how rare the One Piece physical copies for the 3DS and Vita will be (they were available at the Namco Bandai web store as well). Tales of Hearts R is also the same predicament of getting at Gamestop and also the Bandai Namco store. Senran Kagura Versus is also getting a limited physical release......it's hard to tell if any will be high in the aftermarket after their stock goes low (I'm guessing Tales of Hearts R will eventually). It's a risk but it's more of a risk for us physical copy lovers, since the digital downloads will be available for all these games.

Like heck I want digital Vita games....I just don't want to go above a 32 gig for the moment though once 64 gig reaches about 50-60 dollars shipped i'm all over it.

BTW I have ArNoSurge first impressions. I'm going to start by saying i'm enjoying the game a good amount after about an hour and 20 minutes of playing yesterday. This is more a call back to both Ar Tornelico 1 and 2. This is a great thing IMHO as I thought Ar Tornelico 3 was a huge step back in the battle system and overall fun factor of the first games. 

First of all the graphics are relatively decent for the enemies and characters. They look pretty nice and also the diving areas look clean and nice as well. The main problem is that there is noticeable lag when going around the over world and town. You get a bit of lag when interacting with an element such as talking to a character, going to a shop, or picking up materials from the world. This also just occurs randomly when moving around. I also didn't mention but to me the environments I've seen so far for the town and dungeon have extremely simple looking geometrically. Not terrible looking but not great.

The gameplay for the most part is great fun. I like the battles for the most part, and these go back a lot to the battle systems of the first 2 games. So far there is no stripping your songstress to power up her songs in this game. It's similar to the first 2 games where you choose a song, do battle with your front line characters protecting your songstress including a defense phase where in a correct timed action could give some protection to your songstress. After a while the synchronicity of said front line and the songstress goes up and the song gets stronger as well as her helping you in actions. The more weak enemies you kill and when you break enemies (cause them to lose their actions) you get more player actions and your stats go up for your song. You can then unleash the song when powered up enough and lay waste to your enemies.

Returning from the previous games is diving, purification ceremonies and synthesis. Diving is quite fun, as this is the area where you meet all internal forms of the player you're diving into. These are great VN segments where you get to really get to know who you're diving into. Depending on DP which you gain from battles, you can do many actions and a lot more of the intimate actions (such as saying you're cute or something) cost a lot of DP but likely get you more stills of the characters for your pictures. You get to meet versions of the character including stuff they may be hiding from you. I've only done the first stage but it was good. Also what's new is you know get a chance to get emotional crystals which materialize in the physical world. These come into play in the purification ceremonies, which I'll get to in the next section. What has changed is the way the you move around the diving world before diving. Supposedly as you get more people to dive into, the tracks of the diving may interact and such so multiple people will be in each other dive states. I'm not 100% sure of this but the game seemed to hint at it. Also unlike the previous installments I believe you can dive back into completed nodes and replay events taking different DP actions, such as the ones that cost a lot of DP and getting new events and likely new event pictures from them. That's a nice touch as some of the DP actions costed a lot in the first world alone.

Purification ceremonies are pretty basic so far. You get to go into the purifcation spa thing and you get to be with your songstress in her future bikini type outfit hubba hubba. You pretty much choose a part of the body and stick the previously mentioned emotional crystals you get from diving and bam you get stat ups. You can also stick these emotional crystals in your front line warriors like the main character but they can't use most of them. That's basically it there. You also sometimes randomly earn new dialogues from different events and I believe you can read these when you interact with others walking around and in dungeons and such. This is a light form of the Tales game segments where the character you choose to walk around in the dungeon with you can talk to you about stuff. You may be able to get this conversations done otherwise but I haven't figured it out yet. This is very similar to Ar Tornelico 2 where you talk to the girl in the night and get to know them better, though I don't think this unlocks when you can dive deeper into them like that game.

Synthesis is basic and easy it seems like the previous games. You get ingredients and you get recipes and you make stuff...that's basically it. Enough said though the little video when they're making stuff (only done one food item so far) is a pretty silly dance.

All in all I'm really enjoying the game, as I'm quite a big fan of this series. I never really got going with Ar Tornelico 3, but I'm glad this is more a return to form. There are some technical issues, but I haven't seen anything game breaking yet, and heck Ar Tornelico 2 had lots of bugs and still remains my favorite in the series. I strongly recommend it mainly if you want to break away the usual kind of RPGs released. It feels pretty awesome, is silly but also a bit serious so far, seems to have an okay story line that eventually segways into the first game, and there is the silly and cute innuendo for the characters. The innuendo doesn't seem as blatant and in your face as the previous games, but I know that will likely change as the game goes on. I do warn others that as you go farther into the diving you do see a lot more mature stuff and I wouldn't recommend that to younger players.

Sorry for the long rant, but this is easily one of my favorite niche series so just spreading a little love for it esp after a very average 3rd game IMHO.

I'm not 100% sure about how rare the One Piece physical copies for the 3DS and Vita will be (they were available at the Namco Bandai web store as well). Tales of Hearts R is also the same predicament of getting at Gamestop and also the Bandai Namco store. Senran Kagura Versus is also getting a limited physical release......it's hard to tell if any will be high in the aftermarket after their stock goes low (I'm guessing Tales of Hearts R will eventually). It's a risk but it's more of a risk for us physical copy lovers, since the digital downloads will be available for all these games.

Like heck I want digital Vita games....I just don't want to go above a 32 gig for the moment though once 64 gig reaches about 50-60 dollars shipped i'm all over it.
One Piece: Unlimited World Red for the Vita is also available at Play-Asia.

I think it was on sale for around $35 last week.

http://www.play-asia.com/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-paOS-13-49-en-70-7lhv.html

i missed that tales of hearts r was also on the bandai store. I still couldn't get free shipping (apparently that is literally only with amazon prime members) but since it had no tax it was a bit cheaper than gamestop and this way bandai should get a bigger cut.

i missed that tales of hearts r was also on the bandai store. I still couldn't get free shipping (apparently that is literally only with amazon prime members) but since it had no tax it was a bit cheaper than gamestop and this way bandai should get a bigger cut.
I don't think it was up before honestly. I just checked today and was like hey free shipping with Amazon prime....I wish I didn't pre-order at Gamestop.

BTW I have ArNoSurge first impressions. I'm going to start by saying i'm enjoying the game a good amount after about an hour and 20 minutes of playing yesterday. This is more a call back to both Ar Tornelico 1 and 2. This is a great thing IMHO as I thought Ar Tornelico 3 was a huge step back in the battle system and overall fun factor of the first games.

First of all the graphics are relatively decent for the enemies and characters. They look pretty nice and also the diving areas look clean and nice as well. The main problem is that there is noticeable lag when going around the over world and town. You get a bit of lag when interacting with an element such as talking to a character, going to a shop, or picking up materials from the world. This also just occurs randomly when moving around. I also didn't mention but to me the environments I've seen so far for the town and dungeon have extremely simple looking geometrically. Not terrible looking but not great.

The gameplay for the most part is great fun. I like the battles for the most part, and these go back a lot to the battle systems of the first 2 games. So far this is no stripping your songstress to power up her songs in this game. It's similar to the first 2 games where you choose a song, do battle with your front line characters protecting your songstress including a defense phase where in a correct timed action could give some protection to your songstress. After a while the synchronicity of said front line and the songstress goes up and the song gets stronger as well as her helping you in actions. The more weak enemies you kill and when you break enemies (cause them to lose their actions) you get more player actions and your stats go up for your song. You can then unleash the song when powered up enough and lay waste to your enemies.

Returning from the previous games is diving, purification ceremonies and synthesis. Diving is quite fun, as this is the area where you meet all internal forms of the player you're diving into. These are great VN segments where you get to really get to know who you're diving into. Depending on DP which you gain from battles, you can do many actions and a lot more of the intimate actions (such as saying you're cute or something) cost a lot of DP but likely get you more stills of the characters for your pictures. You get to meet versions of the character including stuff they may be hiding from you. I've only done the first stage but it was good. Also what's new is you know get a chance to get emotional crystals which materialize in the physical world. These come into play in the purification ceremonies, which I'll get to in the next section. What has changed is the way the you move around the diving world before diving. Supposedly as you get more people to dive into, the tracks of the diving may interact and such so multiple people will be in each other dive states. I'm not 100% sure of this but the game seemed to hint at it. Also unlike the previous installments I believe you can dive back into completed nodes and replay events taking different DP actions, such as the ones that costed a lot of DP and getting new events and likely new event pictures from them. That's a nice touch as some of the DP actions costed a lot in the first world alone.

Purification ceremonies are pretty basic so far. You get to go into the purifcation spa thing and you get to be with yoru songstress in her future bikini type outfit hubba hubba. you pretty much choose a part of the body and stick the previously mentioned emotional crystals you get from diving and bam you get stat ups. You can also stick these emotional crystals in your front line warriors like the main character but they can't use most of them. That's basically it there. You also sometimes randomly earn new dialogues from different events and I believe you can read these when you interact with others walking around and in dungeons and such. This is a light form of the Tales game segments where the character you choose to walk around in the dungeon with you can talk to you about stuff. You may be able to get this conversations done otherwise but I haven't figured it out yet. This is very similar to Ar Tornelico 2 where you talk to the girl in the night and get to know them better, though I don't think this unlocks when you can dive deeper into them like that game.

Synthesis is basic and easy it seems like the previous games. You get ingredients and you get recipes and you make stuff...that's basically it. Enough said though the little video when they're making stuff (only done one food item so far) is a pretty silly dance.

All in all I'm really enjoying the game, as I'm quite a big fan of this series. I never really got going with Ar Tornelico 3, but I'm glad this is more a return to form. There is some technical issues, but I haven't seen anything game breaking yet, and heck Ar Tornelico 2 had lots of bugs and still remains my favorite in the series. I strongly recommend it mainly if you want to break away the usual kind of RPGs released. It feels pretty awesome, is silly but also a bit serious so far, seems to have an okay story line that eventually segways into the first game, and there is the silly and cute innuendo for the characters. The innuendo doesn't seem s blatant and in your face as the previous games but I know that will likely change as the game goes on. I do warn others that as you go farther into the diving you do see a lot more mature stuff and I wouldn't recommend that to younger players.

Sorry for the long rant, but this is easily one of my favorite niche series so just spreading a little love for it esp after a more average 3rd game IMHO.
You will never break down my WALL O' TEXT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back