Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
meh I'm not interested in the second half of sao so count me out. It'd be neat if they made an actual dungeon crawler like the anime had. Nothing will ever be as good as .hack for me :(

At the pace they are going it wont be long before we get a gun girls online game :rofl:
no series needs an hd combo pack more than .hack and .hack gu. Or at least a psn release.

I did receive my 10 dollar credit for Natural Doctrine PS4 from Amazon customer service. Sent an email explaining the situation and got it. I recommend others do it too since the page doesn't reflect anything about the credit anymore.

In case it wasn't mentioned before tales of hearts R is available for preorder via bamco's store on amazon too so it saves people the trouble of having to go to gamestop. Sadly you cannot use amazon credit with the order :( Brightside that confirms it wont be anything like xenoblade was since bamco always keeps tales games in stock online and has sales quite often.
Thanks a lot for posting this, I'll be cancelling that tomorrow. Pretty interesting since it's listed as a GS exclusive. :nottalking:

...that's not Amazon. That's just using their payment system. You don't say something is "On Paypal" when you use that...
Unless something changed that I'm unaware of, which is possible since the company I work for is going through a buyout right now and I'm working about 15 hours a day but I seriously doubt it, you CAN'T offer Prime unless it's a FBA item. Which means it is Amazon since Prime requires Amazon to ship your item and handle any customer service issues that arise from it.

...that's not Amazon. That's just using their payment system. You don't say something is "On Paypal" when you use that...
Unless something changed that I'm unaware of, which is possible since the company I work for is going through a buyout right now and I'm working about 15 hours a day but I seriously doubt it, you CAN'T offer Prime unless it's a FBA item. Which means it is Amazon since Prime requires Amazon to ship your item and handle any customer service issues that arise from it.
I'm pretty sure that bamco ships the items to amazon beforehand which then gets shipped through the amazon (prime) process. I guess amazon could send them their boxes with postage and whatnot to have bamco themselves package it, but why would they do that if they had Digital River handle all of that previously?

Well my point was that buying from the Bamco store is still just the Bamco store no matter how it's shipped. If something is on Amazon it means others can sell it too. Now obviously it's not out yet and it won't be available to retailers, but I was looking if there was a 'normal' Amazon listing for it so I could put it on my wishlist and maybe get a used copy for a cheapish price.

(This tends to happen anyway so the key is patience, I was just surprised there would be one already especially as I couldn't find one, so I asked)

So I'm a decent chunk into Natural Doctrine now. I can definitely understand why it gets poor reviews. The game doesn't do a great job of explaining the initiative and linking systems, and if you don't understand those you will die over and over again as a result. ND is probably the most strategy-centric game I've played; if you don't absolutely keep turn order, linking, and unit positioning in mind you're not going to enjoy it at all. If you do, though, it's got a very rewarding level of difficulty. I'm liking it quite a bit.

So I'm a decent chunk into Natural Doctrine now. I can definitely understand why it gets poor reviews. The game doesn't do a great job of explaining the initiative and linking systems, and if you don't understand those you will die over and over again as a result. ND is probably the most strategy-centric game I've played; if you don't absolutely keep turn order, linking, and unit positioning in mind you're not going to enjoy it at all. If you do, though, it's got a very rewarding level of difficulty. I'm liking it quite a bit.
Agreed. My main grip with the game is that the linking system is biased in favor of the AI since more characters = more turns. That and you basically have to mess around with the AI revolving around doors because opening one almost always ends up with 5+ goblins on the other side that immediately get iniative

Agreed. My main grip with the game is that the linking system is biased in favor of the AI since more characters = more turns. That and you basically have to mess around with the AI revolving around doors because opening one almost always ends up with 5+ goblins on the other side that immediately get iniative
Yeah, that's definitely an issue. I mean, sure, I can get somebody in position with advanced guard on the square with the door...but anybody I get into that same square to actual open the door has a good chance of getting slaughtered. I thought at first that advanced guard would block characters to the rear, but that's just for bullets, I guess, not melee. Kind of weird and ends up being at least partially luck-based on whether you'll survive the door opening so that you can get a chance to attack the enemies on the other side of it.

I'm pretty sure that bamco ships the items to amazon beforehand which then gets shipped through the amazon (prime) process. I guess amazon could send them their boxes with postage and whatnot to have bamco themselves package it, but why would they do that if they had Digital River handle all of that previously?
The point I was making is that all you are touching Bamco is for their web page. The purchase is through Amazon and then Amazon stores(.48c a sqft except for Oct-Dec where it spikes up to 65c), picks, packs, ships, and has to provide customer service for anything that is Prime eligible. Depending on how they have their agreement setup then once the games leave the manufacturing facility they may in fact go straight to Amazon for that allotment.

Is it sold on Amazon proper? No, but is it for all intents and purposes Amazon selling it? Yes.

Thanks a lot for posting this, I'll be cancelling that tomorrow. Pretty interesting since it's listed as a GS exclusive. :nottalking:
brick and mortar wise it is. online wise though neither it or xenoblade were exclusive to them.

Lets also remember they just left digital river this year and tohr only just started its preorders on bamco's website. They could end up putting an english listing of hearts r on amazon at a later point.

Which XIII is already up for preload. Looks like it's a hefty 49GB download (It says 59GB in the install window though). Supposedly includes dual audio.
The Steam page says only the Asian regions get the Japanese audio. I'd much prefer Japanese audio, though. That could push me to play it on PC instead of PS3 (even though I already have XIII and XIII-2 on PS3.)

The Steam page says only the Asian regions get the Japanese audio. I'd much prefer Japanese audio, though. That could push me to play it on PC instead of PS3 (even though I already have XIII and XIII-2 on PS3.)
This is PC we're talking about. If NA/EU didn't get the JP audio, someone will find a way to extract it from the Asian release and inject it into the NA/EU release.

Not bad but Lightning Returns is more of a $10 dollar game new to me. I'm expecting that price around Black Friday.
I'm holding out for Square to release a FFXIII Complete Collection.

It would be a terrible idea, but it's Square, so I'm counting on that.

I asked on Xseed's Senran Kagura facebook page and they said basically "no, unless the dev team can help us patch it", I linked an article about a patch for the Japanese version giving it Vita TV compatibility and they never replied.

I asked on Xseed's Senran Kagura facebook page and they said basically "no, unless the dev team can help us patch it", I linked an article about a patch for the Japanese version giving it Vita TV compatibility and they never replied.
Thats weird cuz those articles are from 2013, guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Ah some red box replied on ps blog, saying they are working on it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/19/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-hits-ps-vita-on-october-14th/

Search comments for vita tv.

Did Hatsune Miku Project Diva F get a Vita physical copy in North America?  I can't seem to find a copy and have been lead to believe it was a digital only release.

f for Vita in NA was digital only. F on PS3 had a physical copy. F 2nd will be physical for both Vita and PS3 in November.
Speaking of, I imported the Vita version and will be picking up the PS3 version when it releases here. Anyone know if cross save will work?

Speaking of, I imported the Vita version and will be picking up the PS3 version when it releases here. Anyone know if cross save will work?
I don't think international saves work with NA versions....someone could contradict me...but each version should have their own saves. I'm not 100% sure if saves are cross save even with the same version in each region...someone could enlighten on that topic.

I thought it didn't come out until next week.
Best Buy usually starts the shipping process of games the Thursday or Friday before release date. However, most of the time they use shipping methods like UPS Mail Innovations or UPS SurePost where it gets handed over to USPS typically causing a delay in receiving the item in relation to the release date. For me in California, I usually get the games I pre-order 2 days after release date despite it starting to get shipped on the Thursday or Friday before. In my most recent shipped pre-order, they shipped it on Monday, because I pre-ordered it the weekend before release, and it still arrived 2 days after release.

I got my shipping email as well. I'm surprised since they shipped Persona 4 arena 2 on release date.
I think that week of releases was an exception since they usually ship pre-orders before the release date.

I don't think international saves work with NA versions....someone could contradict me...but each version should have their own saves. I'm not 100% sure if saves are cross save even with the same version in each region...someone could enlighten on that topic.
Yes I can second this. I have lots of PAL versions of PS3 games saves that will not load on R1, even though I have both versions. I believe, in regards to cross save, as long as you have an identical region formatted VITA memory card and PSN account as well then you should be able to cross save (as long as it's a ailable in that region in the first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back