Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys that clears up absolutely nothing. There is not one release, only Freedom Unite, only Frontier? Unless those two are the same game but called different things in different regions? All I know is I found two releases on Play-Asia so I assumed they were actual games and not vaporware: Monster Hunter Frontier and Monster Hunter Frontier G6. Are they the same game? Either way that should mean there is at least the one release, no? Quality of the game is secondary to this argument.
How did it clear up nothing? There are some Monster Hunter Games on PSP that are playable on Vita (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/Monster Hunter Portable 2G, Monster Hunter Portable 3, depends on which region PSN you're using). The only native Vita Monster Hunter game is the one I mentioned, Monster Hunter Frontier. Monster Hunter Frontier and Monster Hunter Frontier G6 is the same game, just updated (they are online only).

There is no MH game on Vita.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is a PSP game you can play on Vita since it is backward comparable.  

Monster Hunter Frontier is a MMORPG thats not really a MH game.

How did it clear up nothing? There are some Monster Hunter Games on PSP that are playable on Vita (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/Monster Hunter Portable 2G, Monster Hunter Portable 3, depends on which region PSN you're using). The only native Vita Monster Hunter game is the one I mentioned, Monster Hunter Frontier. Monster Hunter Frontier and Monster Hunter Frontier G6 is the same game, just updated (they are online only).
See that's much more useful then the previous posts. The first three responses I got to the question were all completely different answers, which cleared up nothing. I was asking if there was a VIta Monster Hunter game not if there are PSP Monster Hunter games playable on the Vita. 62t keeps saying there isn't a Monster Hunter game at all when there clearly is. Whether or not it is a bastardized version wasn't the question. It's a game with the moniker regardless of what it actually is. I didn't know what, if any, releases existed and now I know.

anyone know what version of Natural Doctorine is the best to play? I guess i should ask what the game was originally designed for. I think i remember hearing Akiba's Strip was originally for the Vita so thats the version i will probably play first despite having the ps3 and vita version. HOwever I dont know what the lead platform was for ND. Was it a console game ported to the vita or a vita game ported to the console? Is the PS4 version any better than the PS3 one?

anyone know what version of Natural Doctorine is the best to play? I guess i should ask what the game was originally designed for. I think i remember hearing Akiba's Strip was originally for the Vita so thats the version i will probably play first despite having the ps3 and vita version. HOwever I dont know what the lead platform was for ND. Was it a console game ported to the vita or a vita game ported to the console? Is the PS4 version any better than the PS3 one?
I think I remember reading here that the ps4 version doesn't look very good. I don't think anyone even mentioned the poor ps3 version. Nitrosmob sp? is one of the few people here playing it I believe so if they show up they can probably explain it better.

I think I remember reading here that the ps4 version doesn't look very good. I don't think anyone even mentioned the poor ps3 version. Nitrosmob sp? is one of the few people here playing it I believe so if they show up they can probably explain it better.
That would be cool. But if anyone knows what the lead design platform is that would be awesome too. If the ps4 version doesn't look good that would lead me to belive this was a vita game that got ported to the consoles. Worth mentioning that the vita version is the one i bought it seems.

For those who compare games on Vita (for use on playstation tv) vs PS3/PS4, you have to remember that the Playstation TV plays games at the same 544p that the Vita does. Stretching games to full screen on the Playstation TV makes them look even worse. Also, not that many games are compatible with the Playstation TV. In the end, I would go with the PS3/PS4 version over the Vita version if you were to go by what "looks" better.

Anybody start on Freedom Wars yet? I'm tempted at the GCU price but am curious about people's impressions with the patches that came after the initial Japanese release.

Soul Sacrifice is a great game. That guy is trolling or just wrong.
Opinions man, its a good game with amazing lore but let's face it, most enemies are colored reskins, there's only a handful unique abilities, and you're fighting in a literal arena half the time. That's not even touching on how broken the mechanics end up being, not too hard to see why some people don't think its all its hyped up to be.

Anybody start on Freedom Wars yet? I'm tempted at the GCU price but am curious about people's impressions with the patches that came after the initial Japanese release.
I can let you know later today. It'll be a while though since I have to work. Darn jobs and responsibilities.

Nearly went between classes to pick mine up, then realized how pissed I'd be if they didnt have it and decided to wait.

Just the longest damn day ever....(Dying to play FFXIV 2.4)

Please give impressions on it when you guys get a chance, it's on my maybe list and I'll likely finish Toukiden first (great game BTW even with an alright story!) and play MH4 next. 

Picked up my copy of Freedom Wars and a code for  Diance for Pokemon X. Now we play the waiting game

That would be cool. But if anyone knows what the lead design platform is that would be awesome too. If the ps4 version doesn't look good that would lead me to belive this was a vita game that got ported to the consoles. Worth mentioning that the vita version is the one i bought it seems.
I couldn't find anything that plainly said what console it was designed on, but I did find that it was at one point intended to be a PS4 launch title but ended up being delayed. I find that games like this are usually largely designed on the previous platform and then tweaked/improved to play on the new one, so I would guess that the bulk of it was designed on PS3.

Personally though, the reason I got it on PS3 was because I would rather destroy a $50 controller when I throw it across the room than do so to a $200 system. :)

Interesting, I think I'll just wait for the Grisaia one, though it does look interesting.
Yeah, I'm definitely contributing to that one. Considering their recent successes on kickstarter I'm feeling pretty optimistic about their chances of getting the full 120,000.

Shinovi Versus dlc characters are available this week, 3.99 a piece or 5.99 for both. Slightly cheaper than the Japanese release, which is nice.

Do you guys think the Persona Q Wild Card edition will be hard to find later on? Don't really got a whole lot of cash to spend at the moment so i'm no sure if i should keep my pre order.

Do you guys think the Persona Q Wild Card edition will be hard to find later on? Don't really got a whole lot of cash to spend at the moment so i'm no sure if i should keep my pre order.
If Persona 4 golden LE was any indication, it will be rare.

Persona 4 Golden LE sold out almost immediately after preorders were opened and was only sold by two retailers. Wild Card is available all over the place and hasn't sold out anywhere. I suspect it won't be hard to find for quite a while.

Persona 4 Golden LE sold out almost immediately after preorders were opened and was only sold by two retailers. Wild Card is available all over the place and hasn't sold out anywhere. I suspect it won't be hard to find for quite a while.
No B&M store aside from Gamestop will be carrying this, and I don't think they will have more than 1 per store. They could close off preoder 2 weeks before release and it will be hard to find.

No B&M store aside from Gamestop will be carrying this, and I don't think they will have more than 1 per store. They could close off preoder 2 weeks before release and it will be hard to find.
Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, and even Frys are all carrying it as well.

Valkryria Chronicles is entirely too difficult and complicated. Absolutely ridiculous.

Don't try Natural Doctrine if you think VC is hard or complex.
Err yea seriously. VC is hard and complex? How do you tie your shoes in the morning?

I couldn't find anything that plainly said what console it was designed on, but I did find that it was at one point intended to be a PS4 launch title but ended up being delayed. I find that games like this are usually largely designed on the previous platform and then tweaked/improved to play on the new one, so I would guess that the bulk of it was designed on PS3.

Personally though, the reason I got it on PS3 was because I would rather destroy a $50 controller when I throw it across the room than do so to a $200 system. :)
lol pretty good reason i guess =P I just really want to know if for the console version theres really any reason to go PS4 over PS3. If theres any real performance or noticable gfx increase. In general id like to save the HDD space on the ps4 if possible since everythings a manditory install on that Hell maybe i'll just stick with my vita version for now but i was really hoping someone knew or had seen them. Im not finding much in the way of comparison online

Anyone else pre-order Fantasy Life from BB.com? My order is still preparing even though the game released on the 24th. Unfortunately, I can't cancel it either. I'm tempted to contact support to cancel then just go in store and pick up a copy.

Err yea seriously. VC is hard and complex? How do you tie your shoes in the morning?
try tying your shoes while running in them. that's the equivalent of valkyria chronicles during the desert tank of doom chapter. Sure the game is easy outside a handful of battles but those handful still stand out. I'd also agree that the game is a buggy mess in regards to stats and hitboxes and terrain interference.

Anyone else pre-order Fantasy Life from BB.com? My order is still preparing even though the game released on the 24th. Unfortunately, I can't cancel it either. I'm tempted to contact support to cancel then just go in store and pick up a copy.
Fantasy Life is one of the titles that was stuck in BB's preorder glitch. Mine supposedly finally shipped yesterday afternoon, but I just got an updated UPS notice this morning saying that only the label had printed and the game hasn't actually left the warehouse. It's really annoying considering the game is in every BB store and has been since Friday.

Persona 4 Golden was an actual "limited" release(5,000 I believe), and it sold out very quickly after it was announced(well before release). Q does not have any of those issues, and should be available for a long time to come.

try tying your shoes while running in them. that's the equivalent of valkyria chronicles during the desert tank of doom chapter. Sure the game is easy outside a handful of battles but those handful still stand out. I'd also agree that the game is a buggy mess in regards to stats and hitboxes and terrain interference.
I actually beat that chapter on my first try, I was confused when I saw everyone complaining about it lol.

In fact there is only one chapter I had issues with... the one where you only have two people on foot... and that was mostly because I suck at sneaking :p (note I did lose once on a few other maps, but I took what I learned from them and beat them with ease the second time... especially since most of the times I lost some enemy lancer just got off a crazy shot on my tank :/)

Fantasy Life is one of the titles that was stuck in BB's preorder glitch. Mine supposedly finally shipped yesterday afternoon, but I just got an updated UPS notice this morning saying that only the label had printed and the game hasn't actually left the warehouse. It's really annoying considering the game is in every BB store and has been since Friday.
Ah thanks for that insight. Mine is still stuck in Preparing Order phase. I've actually called the BestBuy "Elite" number twice, but no one helped with anything and the calls consisted of me being transferred and having the call eventually drop on their end or the person not being able to help at all. Honestly, the Best Buy Elite number, so far for me, has consisted of me being transferred almost every call.

I just ended up writing a long winded email...

edit: In other news, I've played more of Freedom Wars, both on stream and off. It's a decent game, reminds me more of Lost Planet 2 with added melee focus because of the grappling hook like thorn in the game. It's funny though how troll-y the game is when it extends your jail sentence for the smallest things, like laying down or taking 5 steps.

How did i miss out on a new Guilty Gear game coming?? o_O I loved GG, never got into Blazblue really. 

Anyway: Guilty gear Xrd... any difference between ps4 and ps3 version? Id be more inclined to get ps3 unlesss ps4 looks significantly better or has some other benefits. Also on the fence about the LE. It looks kinda meh. 

*edit* also is BBY gonna be carrying Hyperdevotion Noire? Dont see it listed. Id rather not have to go through gamestop. Is this part of the Hyperdimension series? Looks like a little SRPG or something

How did i miss out on a new Guilty Gear game coming?? o_O I loved GG, never got into Blazblue really.

Anyway: Guilty gear Xrd... any difference between ps4 and ps3 version? Id be more inclined to get ps3 unlesss ps4 looks significantly better or has some other benefits. Also on the fence about the LE. It looks kinda meh.

*edit* also is BBY gonna be carrying Hyperdevotion Noire? Dont see it listed. Id rather not have to go through gamestop. Is this part of the Hyperdimension series? Looks like a little SRPG or something
I think the only difference is the ps4 is running at 1080p while the ps3 will run at 720p. Both will be 60 fps as far as I could tell.

*edit* also is BBY gonna be carrying Hyperdevotion Noire? Dont see it listed. Id rather not have to go through gamestop. Is this part of the Hyperdimension series? Looks like a little SRPG or something
Hyperdevotion Noire *is* an SRPG, and since it doesn't release until 2/24/15, I think there's still a chance for Best Buy to add an online listing for it before then. They have pages for Re;Birth1 and Re;Birth2, so that's a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back