Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the heads up. My local Best Buy still has a couple of those as well.
I hate you guys my best buys don't buy very many copies of any ps3 games for like 6+ months now so even the outskirts best buy locations have no copies of jrpgs by the time they hit $20. I couldn't even find borderlands 2 goty sense a few months after it came out on ps3, but they had a few copies on Xbox.

We're all saying fuck Atlus right now, but when Persona 5 comes out we'll all be rushing to get that LE lol..
On facebook they said, "It nearly doubles the content of the original. Record Breaker includes fully voiced dialogue, over 100 hours of content in the game, a new post-game story, and multiple endings." Guess that's how they're going to justify the price or something? If it comes with something like SMT4 then I might consider it, but if it's just the game they can go fuck themselves... lol. Until Persona 5 comes out :)
I already own the game on Ds so I will probably just watch the post game online, my money is tight and I want it for the p5 limited edition. I nearly got the pq limited edition, but so many other things went on sale I just got 7 older games that I have been wanting for the price persona q limited would have cost. I nearly bought it from amazon warehouse for $55 after It came out but I heard the music cd was like 4 tracks long and I have some very strong Christians around me who would probably get judgy over the cards..and my 3ds is not an XL so the case wasn't perfect for me either lol Sorry for the double post >.<

Eh. They should have gone with a much less focused version. Final Fantasy is pretty well known for the music, thanks largely to Uematsu. And there's a large number of FF games -- 17 in the numbered series alone.

They should have done all non-FF games, and included everything from Dragon Warrior, to Chronotrigger, to Seiken Densetsu. Maybe even Kingdom Hearts or even anime they published, like Fullmetal Alchemist.

Edit: P.S. I'm aware Seiken Densetsu is a FF spin-off.
Yeah, I'd prefer an SE best of game as well instead of just DQ. I know DQ is pretty popular in Japan though, so clearly that made the decision. Maybe if this does well, they'll follow up with a compilation title.

Loved DS2 but I'll pass on this until a price drop.

Bought SMTIV @ $50 but that was because of the guidebook and CD. The former was actually quite helpful cause there weren't a whole lot of guides going around at the time.
Same thinking here. If the physical version isn't tempting, I'll just wait for it to drop to ~$15 like the others have.

anyone know for sure what was Censored in the upcoming Criminal girls game? Im seeing conflicting answers with searches. Some are saying they took stuff out, some say they just turned off the audio on some scenes, some say they added fog to censor stuff..

anyone know for sure? I have 1 copy of the LE ordered before i heard about this. I usually order 2 LE's of their games (one to play one to leave sealed) but if they took crap out im definitely not getting a 2nd, and may actually cancel my first. Mugen souls is the only game they put out i never bought and never will

They removed the audio from the punishment minigame/scenes and added more fog to them to make it less naughty or something.  I wasn't really interested in the game in the first place. Especially after I watched a gameplay video and saw how terrible the dungeon crawling actually is.

A vampire that lived thousands of years isn't really a loli, so its cool :)
Out of context (how I read it), your original post sounded really bad, then I realized it was about Criminal Girls...I know censorship bugged people with monpiece, but it's necessary to make certain changes when localizing titles in NA/EU.

Out of context (how I read it), your original post sounded really bad, then I realized it was about Criminal Girls...I know censorship bugged people with monpiece, but it's necessary to make certain changes when localizing titles in NA/EU.
If I go see a rated "R" movie, it's got violence, blood, sex, and possibily nudity. When I play my "M" rated games, I am not bothered by any of these things. I guess animated violence has just gotten worse than actual violence in movies. The same with sexual content. 50 Shades of Grey managed to get an R rating ... and so did the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am fully against NISA and their policy of censorship, though they could have just as easily gone they other way and said that they will leave games the way they are, but that would have eliminated more of their audience here I believe. I will continue to buy these localizations (because I have no choice), but I sincerely hope NISA goes out of business and XSEED picks it up instead or some other publisher that is more liberal to these type of things.

I would've been so on that or the NES one but not with New 3DS coming. Hopefully that will have some nice designs not far from release.
Actually, isn't the thing with the New 3DS that they are also going to sell a massive number of interchangeable plates with various designs? While I suppose they could still do custom colors, I suspect they will just release a new plate for specific games rather than do a whole new 3DS each time. Last I heard, Japan was up to 30+ different plates available with many more on the way.

I would've been so on that or the NES one but not with New 3DS coming. Hopefully that will have some nice designs not far from release.
ew at the nes one its lazy and not good looking. Probably can find better skins/actual cases on the internet somewhere. Agreed with the new 3dsxl coming out there's little to no point in buying an old model. Now if they offered it for 100$ or hell even 125 that would tempt the hell out of me.

Would of been cool if the nes one had a second stick add on that had a big ball on it like the old controllers did. Oh and the stylus could look like the duck hunt gun. Then add a sliding retractable hinge cover for where the 3ds games slot is. And for realistic flair make you blow in the mic after turning it on to start a game :rofl:

Hey nintendo I have a job but I'd be willing to work something out on a part time basis! Just give me a suitcase full of blood stained money and I wont ask for royalty fees. Oh and translate some games for me. A regionlockless new 3ds xl and I'd be interested in trying some jpn cuisine.

Actually, isn't the thing with the New 3DS that they are also going to sell a massive number of interchangeable plates with various designs? While I suppose they could still do custom colors, I suspect they will just release a new plate for specific games rather than do a whole new 3DS each time. Last I heard, Japan was up to 30+ different plates available with many more on the way.
I thought that was just for the 3ds and not the XL... but could be wrong (Hope I am, but Nintendo never ceases to amaze me).

Oh man another re-release of a game I already have (have PS2 games, got PS3 collection...now PS4...for shame). They will get my money once they release FFType-0 HD.
Yes, I will keep my ps3/vita versions there with no plan to buy the ps4 version until it hits $10.

Its official. FF X/X-2 HD is coming to PS4 this Spring for the wonderful price of $50.

Yay..no
tumblr_m7aqyr03kG1qcs7kp.gif

I thought that was just for the 3ds and not the XL... but could be wrong (Hope I am, but Nintendo never ceases to amaze me).

Watch them rerelease Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 as Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Revolution with 1 new character and all the costume DLC for the same price the next year. :lol:

Yes, I will keep my ps3/vita versions there with no plan to buy the ps4 version until it hits $10.
You're not wrong. Faceplates are for the New 3DS only, not the New 3DS LLs.

Huh. I completely missed/forgot about a Guide Fate Paradox sequel:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Awakened-Fate-Ultimatum-PlayStation-3/dp/B00PXLB1EU/
OK, that's hilarious:

• Who will be saved and who will fall?: An average high schooler, Shin Kamikaze, becomes God when an angel rescues him from devils.
  • Beautiful art: The game features beautiful, anime-style characters who were designed by Noizi Ito and Airi Hori.
  • Rogue like appeal: In between its exploration, battles, and Persona management, Persona 4 Golden lets players choose how they wish to spend their time each day in a variety of different activities.
  • Engrossing story: Over 100 hours of gameplay thrusts you into a deep mystery where midnight television leads to serial killings. You must investigate murders, rescue those who can be rescued, and unmask the culprit behind it all.
  • Languages: Enjoy in-game English text and English and original Japanese in-game voices.
:rofl:

OK, that's hilarious:

:rofl:
this is from bestbuy:

Shin Kamikaze was just an average high schooler until an angel rescued him from devils, which led to him becoming God. As God, Shin can now tap into the powers of both angels and demons, which he must use to help the angels in their never-ending war against the devils. Torn between his allegiance to his exclusively assigned angel, Jupiel, and the devil scientist responsible for giving him the powers of God, Ariael, Shin must face impossibly difficult, heart-wrenching situations where he must choose between Jupiel and Ariael. What will Shin ultimately decide and whose side is he really on?

The Awakened Fate: Ultimatum delivers more than 100 hours of exhilarating gameplay, letting you delve into a deep mystery where midnight television leads to serial killings. Investigate murders, embark on rescues and unmask the culprit behind it all. Thanks to the Persona 4 Golden system, you can choose exactly how you wish to spend time each day, engaging in a variety of activities, such as exploration, battles and Persona management. Designed by Noizi Ito and Airi Hori, the anime-style characters add a beautiful, visually striking touch. How will Shin handle his Awakened Fate?

Product Features

Join Shin Kamikaze — an average high school student who became God when an angel rescued him from devils — as he learns to navigate his new powers of both angels and demons to assist the angels in their endless war against the devils
Face the heart-wrenching decision of having to choose between your exclusively assigned angel, Jupiel, or the devil scientist who saved your life and gave you the powers of God, Ariael
Immerse yourself in a deeply mysterious realm with more than 100 hours of gameplay, where midnight television leads to serial killings, as you investigate murders, rescue those who can be rescued and unmask the culprit responsible for it all
Choose how you wish to spend your time each day thanks to Persona 4 Golden, which presents you with a variety of activities — but be careful, what you do and who you spend time with directly influences your gameplay experience
Enjoy beautiful, anime-style characters designed by Noizi Ito and Airi

^That's even more hilarious. :lol:
i will be waiting the $19.99 price tag from bestbuy, so i can get it with my gcu discount. i hope they don't sell out like they did with the first game. since their stock on jrpg games is so slow. i was about to get deception iv this week with the b2g1, and it was already sold out, before i got a chance

the one from bestbuy of criminal girls invite only is even better.

Synopsis
You've just received a brand-new job helping lead seven sinful delinquents through a redemption program, so they can return to their lives as changed women. There's just one catch — this isn't your normal prison gig — these ladies have been damned to Hell for an eternity of punishment. Will you be able to recognize their histories and lead them to salvation — or leave them to their fate?

Head into the depths of Hell to help save a crew of seven women, whose sins have damned them to an eternity of punishment, in Criminal Girls: Invite Only. Make sure you mind your manners as you traverse the realm, as this crew isn't your typical RPG team — each woman has a mind of her own. Listen to your team's desires and utilize your ever-evolving skillset, spells and combos to fend off and defeat foes doing time in Hell's dungeons. Connect with each character and uncover their personalities through one-on-one sessions that use your PlayStation Vita's front touch-screen and rear touchpad controls. In North America for the first time ever, Criminal Girls: Invite Only delivers a host of updates, including Miu and Himekami playable characters, brand-new scenarios and levels. With English text and English and Japanese voiceovers, you'll be immersed in this thrilling adventure. Are you ready to save the souls of the damned?

Product Features

Step into a new, mysterious job where you have to uncover the unique histories of a crew of girls whose sins have damned their souls to Hell for eternity in Criminal Girls: Invite Only — for the first-time ever in North America
Listen to each girl's unique needs and use your ever-evolving repertoire of skills, spells and combo attacks to defeat the convicts doing their time in Hell's dungeons and escape
Connect with the girls through one-on-one motivational sessions with front touch-screen and rear touchpad controls, and fulfill their requests to uncover more about their distinctive and dark pasts
Choose to play as Miu and Himekami — two previously unplayable characters in the franchise — and enjoy new scenarios and levels that challenge your prison smarts
Enjoy updated artwork and brand-new Live2D graphics and effects
Immerse yourself in the adventure with English text, as well as new English and original Japanese voiceovers
For 1 player

What's with Square-Enix pumping out all these ports. It's cash grab after cash grab. Just from playing the FFXIII PC port, you can see they do the bare minimum. Someone like Durante has to create a mod just to enable basic features of what is to be expected of a PC game.

I'm assuming their future ports will be more of the same (both PC and PS4). As for FF7, I assume it'll be the same exact game, and extra side content that really only affects your psn account (trophies, achievements, maybe ps4 exclusive themes/prizes...). I wish people would've just outright boo'ed SE when they presented at PS Experience. But nope, they'll take that awkward silence as an OK to proceed with their usual ways.

First game first week in Japan sold 23k copies; second game first week sold 5.6k.
Hmm, I can't decide it that means I should wait for retailers to get stuck with a whole bunch of unsold copies while the price drops like a stone, of if it means that they won't print many and I need to grab it early before the price hikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back