Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
got 9 doors last night from gamefly glad i rented it for my cousins kids first..

the lable shows 999 flip it over and you get the number of the beast... their parents WILL NOT ALLOW something like that in their home ...

glad i didnt get it for them or i would been stuck with a game they couldnt even play.

[quote name='Volcynika']Aksys Games is doing an 'Apology Sale' on their own store later this week due to them saying their games would be on sale on Amazon Black Friday weekend but none of them actually went on sale.

Link

So not sure how good it'll be, but it'll happen.[/QUOTE]

There's a couple Aksys Games that I'm looking at. Hoping for some good prices later this week.

[quote name='belisarius']The stuff in our store includes shipping in the listed price, unless otherwise stated.[/QUOTE]
Didn't notice that. Thanks.

[quote name='slidecage']got 9 doors last night from gamefly glad i rented it for my cousins kids first..[/QUOTE]
999 is M rated, pretty sure not for kids.

[quote name='belisarius']The stuff in our store includes shipping in the listed price, unless otherwise stated.[/QUOTE]

Wait, we have an Aksys rep on CAG?

[quote name='Myka']999 is M rated, pretty sure not for kids.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. When I was 16 I played Persona 3. As I wasn't 17 yet, I couldn't control my Mature-rated impulses and I shot myself in the head in order to summon demons. Well, it worked, but I spent the next year trying to rid myself of them. Half my class went into comas on my account. On my 17th birthday I gained the magical ability to handle them and everything was better for me, but not for my poor classmates whose parents pulled the plug on them...

Damn my impulsiveness as a youth. If only someone like you were there to prevent that from happening. If only someone had told me to wait!

[quote name='slidecage']the lable shows 999 flip it over and you get the number of the beast... their parents WILL NOT ALLOW something like that in their home ...[/QUOTE]

Haha, that strikes me as all the more reason to buy it for them . . . :twisted:

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I know what you mean. When I was 16 I played Persona 3. As I wasn't 17 yet, I couldn't control my Mature-rated impulses and I shot myself in the head in order to summon demons. Well, it worked, but I spent the next year trying to rid myself of them. Half my class went into comas on my account. On my 17th birthday I gained the magical ability to handle them and everything was better for me, but not for my poor classmates whose parents pulled the plug on them...

Damn my impulsiveness as a youth. If only someone like you were there to prevent that from happening. If only someone had told me to wait![/QUOTE]
And now I have to play Persona 3 again.

Hi everyone, just testing something out. Database is still preventing me to do any updates on the first post. So, I need to make sure the latest list is updated (and backed up) somehow until it's figured out why the first post gets a "Database Error" when updating. John Warwick is looking into the problem.

The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games. But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last three years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless]

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by these companies.

If you see a deal, please post! [NOTE II: I will occasionally post Japanese video game deals from the big companies but not on the front page, so you may want to check back on the latest posting once in awhile].

AKSYS
Aksys Games was founded in January 2006 by a group of video game professionals with extensive experience in localizing and publishing "hardcore" Japanese role-playing games. The team's goal is to continue to provide unique interactive entertainment to the US market.

DEALS:
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors [DS][NEW]
Battle Fantasia - [XB360] [NEW] $8.24 - Amazon
BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger (STANDARD) [XB360/PS3] [NEW/USED] - $19.98/$17.98 - Gamestop (new and used)
BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger Portable [PSP][USED] - $17.99 - Gamestop
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift [PS3][NEW]
BlazBlue Portable - [PSP][NEW] $18.19 - Amazon
Blazing Souls: Accelate [PSP][NEW]
Castle of Shikigami III [Wii][NEW/USED] - $9.99/$8.99 - Gamestop
Deathsmiles [XB360][NEW]
From the Abyss - [DS][NEW] $9.79 - Amazon
Gladiator Begins [PSP][NEW]
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus [PSP][USED] $14.99 - Gamestop
Guilty Gear Accent Core - [WII][USED] $9.99 - Gamestop
Guilty Gear 2: Overture [NEW/USED][XB360] - $14.98/$12.99 - Gamestop
Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics - [DS]NEW] $15.86 - AMAZON
Hoshigami Remix - [DS][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past [DS][USED] $18.99 - Gamestop
Mimanya Iyar Chronicle [PSP][NEW] - $17.99 - Amazon
Princess on Ice - [DS][NEW] - $19.99 - Newegg.com, Gamestop.com
Record of Agarest War [XB360][NEW]
Record of Agarest War Set - [XB360][USED] - $24.99 - Gamestop
River City Hooligans - [DS][NEW] - $15.85 - Amazon
River City Sports Challenge - [DS][NEW]
Rockin' Pretty - [DS][NEW/USED] - $12.99/$14.98 - Gamestop
Super Dodgeball Brawlers - [DS][NEW/USED] $6.99/$9.98 - Gamestop
Theresia - [DS][NEW] - $14.00 - Amazon

ATLUS
Atlus Co., Ltd. is a is a leading publisher of interactive software for major video game systems. Japanese videogame publisher. The parent company of all Atlus operations is located in Tokyo, Japan. Though Atlus has explored a variety of genres with titles such as Trauma Center and Arcana Heart, it is best known for its library of classic role-playing games. The company's flagship RPG franchise is the Shin Megami Tensei series, which continues to innovate and challenge gamers with each new installment released. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atlus USA is the North American subsidiary arm of Atlus. The company was founded in 1991 as "Asuka", and was started up with the stated mission of publishing high quality role-playing games for a North American audience.

DEALS:
101-in-1 Party Megamix [Wii][NEW] - $14.99 newegg.com
3D Dot Game Heroes - [PS3][NEW] $19.99 - Newegg.com
Arcana Heart [PS2][NEW] - $18.99 - Video Game Central
Baroque [Wii][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Baroque [PS2][USED] - $12.99 - Gamestop
Bomberman Land [WII][USED] - $14.99 - Gamefly
Bomberlman Land Touch [DS][USED] - $12.99 - Gamestop
Contact [DS][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Crimson Gem Saga [PSP][USED] - $19.99 - Gamestop
The Dark Spire [DS][NEW/USED] - $3.99/$4.99 - Gamestop
Demon's Souls [PS3][NEW] - $19.99 - Amazon
Dokapon Kingdom [PS2][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Dual Hearts [PS2][USED] - $2.99 - Gamestop
Eternal Poison [PS2][NEW] - $15.53 - AMAZON
Growlanser: Generations [PS2/USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Growlanser: Heritage of War [PS2/USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Hammerin' Hero [PSP][NEW/USED] - $14.99/$12.99 - Gamestop
Hard Hitter Tennis [PS2][USED] - $2.99 - Gamestop
Hexyz Force [PSP][USED] $19.99 - Gamestop
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns [DS], [NEW] - $14.99 - Fry's (instore)/[USED] $12.99 - Gamestop
Kenka Bancho [PSP] [USED]- $24.99 - Gamestop
Knights in the Nightmare [DS][USED] $19.99 - Gamestop (note: Fry's had it new for $19.99)
Last Rebellion [PS3][NEW] - $19.50 - Amazon
Legacy of Y's Books I and II [DS][NEW] - $14.90 - Frys
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood [PS2][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Metal Saga - [PS2][NEW/USED] - $9.99/$4.99 - Gamestop
Metal Slug XX [PSP][USED] $17.99 - Gamestop
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner - [PSP][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
My World, My Way [DS][NEW] - $19.99 Gamestop
Odin Sphere [PS2][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Operation Darkness [XB360] [USED] - $12.99 Amazon
Rondo of Swords [DS][NEW] - $18.99 - Amazon
Rule of Rose [PS2][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Riviera: The Promised Land [PSP][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
R-Type Command [PSP][USED] $9.99 - Gamestop
Sakura Wars - So Long, My Love [Wii][USED] - $19.99 Gamestop / $22.99 for PS2 pack Gamestop
Samurai Western [PS2][USED] - $5.99 - Gamestop
Shin Megami Tensei - Persona [PSP] [NEW] - $19.90 Playasia [USED] $15.99 / Amazon Warehouse
Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor [DS][NEW] - $19.80 - FRYS
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon -- Raiho Special Edition [PS2][NEW/USED] $19.99/$17.99 - Gamestop
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey [DS][NEW] $20.98 Amazon (note: Fry's has it for $19.80)
Sky Gunner [PS2][USED] - $3.99 - Gamestop
Spectral Force 3 [XB360][NEW/USED] - $19.99/$14.99 - Gamestop
Steal Princess [DS][NEW] $13.99 - ebay
Steambot Chronicles [PS2][NEW/USED] - $9.99/$7.99 - Gamestop
Steambot Chronicles: Battle Tournament [PSP][NEW/USED] $8.99/$7.99 - Gamestop
Summon Night: Twin Age [DS][USED] $9.99 - Gamestop
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Engless Frontier [DS][NEW/USED] $19.99/$14.99 Gamestop
Tokyo Beat Down [DS] $6.99 [NEW] - JR (note: currently oos). - [NEW/USED] at Gamestop for $14.99/$12.99
Trauma Center New Blood [Wii] $12.99 [NEW] - Newegg.com
Yggdra Union [PSP][NEW/USED] - $19.99/$11.99 - GamestopWish List Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Vs. Darkdeath Evilman - [PSP/USED] $19.99 Gamestop
Zoids Assault [NEW] - $5.99 - Newegg.com

IGNITION
Ignition Entertainment Limited is a privately owned software Developer & Publisher. Created by a core team of Industry veterans with the purpose of building upon their successful track record within the international Games industry, and to bring a fresh new approach to both the development & distribution of original Gaming product.

DEALS:
Boing! Docomodake - [DS][NEW/USED] - $14.99/$12.99 - Gamestop
Blue Dragon Plus [DS][NEW] - $9.98 - Amazon.com
Deadly Premonition [XB360][NEW] - $15.99 - Amazon.com
King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match - $9.98 - Amazon
Lux Pain [DS][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Mercury Meltdown [NEW][PSP] - $6.99 - Newegg
Metal Slug 7 [DS][NEW]- $8.99 - Newegg.com
New Zealand Story Revolution [DS][NEW] $14.98 Amazon
Nostalgia - [DS][NEW] - $14.68 - Amazon
Rainbow Island Revolution [PSP][NEW] - $12.99 - Amazon
Spectral Force Genesis - [DS][NEW] - $12.93 - Amazon
Vampire Rain: Altered Species [PS3][NEW] - $16.92 - Amazon

KOEI/TECMO
Founded in 1978, the Japanese publisher/developer KOEI has since grown into the leading manufacturer of games for the Japanese PC game market.

In 1988, KOEI entered the US market when it established its US subsidiary, KOEI Corporation. In the following years, KOEI established two development houses in mainland China, Tianjin KOEI 1989 and Beijing KOEI in 1992. To promote further expansion within the Asian market, KOEI formed license agreements with Acer TWP Corporation in Taiwan in 1991, and BISCO in Korea in 1993. In the West, the company is best known for its console titles, including its growing line of Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy games.

Tecmo is a global developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. Tecmo has been entertaining gamers since 1967. The company's portfolio includes the world famous videogame franchises Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl and others.

In 2009, Tecmo was acquired by videogame publisher KOEI, and the two companies combined to form KOEI Tecmo.

DEALS:
Dead or Alive 4 - [XB360][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Dead or Alive Paradise - [PSP][NEW] - $14.88 - Amazon
Dead or Alive Xtreme2 - [XB360/USED] $9.99 - Gamestop
Dynasty Warriors 2 - [PSP][USED] $7.99 - Gamestop
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam [XB360][USED] - $14.99 Gamestop
Dynasty Warriors 6 [XB360/USED] - $19.99 Gamestop
Gitaroo Man Lives! [PSP][USED] - $4.99 Gamestop
Ninja Gaiden 2 (Platinum Hits) - [XB360/NEW] - $14.83 - Amazon
Ninja Gaiden: Gaiden Sword [DS][NEW] - $14.46 - Amazon
Ninja Gaiden Sigma GH - [PS3][NEW] - $15.65 - Amazon
Opoona - [WII][USED/NEW] - $6.99/$9.99 - Gamestop
Robacalypse [DS][NEW] - $12.99 - Newegg.com
Samurai Warriors 2 [XB360/USED] $9.99 - Gamestop
Samurai Warriors 2: Empires [XB360][NEW] $12.99 - Amazon
Tecmo Bowl Kickoff [DS][NEW/USED] - $14.99/$9.99 - Gamestop
Warriors Orochi [PC][NEW] - $14.14 - Amazon
Warriors Orochi [XB360][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Warriors Orochi [PSP][USED] - $5.99 - Gamestop
Warriors Orochi 2 [PSP][NEW] - $17.90 Amazon

MASTIFF
With offices in San Francisco and Tokyo, Mastiff has history across a number of platforms with its gaming professional members (including veteran members of companies such as Koei, Activision Japan and Ocean) who have come together to form this company. Its published titles include La Pucelle Tactics for PlayStation 2 and the children's title Easter Bunny's Big Day! for PS one.

DEALS:
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - [PSP][USED] $5.99 - Gamestop
La Pucelle Tactics - [PS2][USED] - $6.99 - Gamestop

NATSUME
Natsume Inc. is a worldwide developer and publisher that specialize in unique and family-oriented interactive entertainment software for a variety of platforms. The Japanese development studio is complemented by a US publishing branch, located in Burlingame, CA. Natsume insists on releasing family-oriented games with non-militaristic themes and niche titles, such as fishing and the farming sim series Harvest Moon.

DEALS:
Adventures to Go! - [PSP][USED] $8.99 - Gamestop
Animal Kingdom: Wildlife Expedition [WII][NEW] $15.99 - Newegg.com / [USED] $14.99 - Gamestop
Chulip -[PS2][NEW] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Harvest Moon DS [DS][NEW] - $19.99 - Amazon
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade [WII][NEW]
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl [PSP][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Harvest Moon: DS Cute [DS][NEW]
Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar [DS][NEW]
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley [PSP][NEW]
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness [DS][NEW]
Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands [DS][NEW]
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility [WII][NEW]
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon [PSP][USED] $7.99 Amazon
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals [DS][NEW]
Princess Debut [DS][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Puzzle de Harvest Moon - [DS][USED] - $5.99 - Gamestop
Reel Fishing: Angler's Dream [WII][NEW] $19.18 Amazon
River King: A Wonderful Journey - [PS2][USED] - $2.99 - Gamestop
River King: Mystic Valley - [DS][USED] - $5.99 - Gamestop
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon [DS][USED] - $18.42 - Amazon
Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - [DS][NEW] - $17.29 - Amazon
Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon [DS][NEW]
Squishy Tank [DS][NEW] - $8.12 - Amazon

NIS AMERICA
NIS (Nippon Ichi Software) is a Japanese publisher and developer, with publishing arms elsewhere across the globe. The company started life back in the Super Famicom days. It produced five titles for the Super Famicom in the '90s, one game for Saturn, around 20 titles for PlayStation. The company now fully supports a variety of game consoles.

DEALS:
Ar Tonelico [NEW][PS2] - $19.99 - Rosenqueen
Ar Tonelico II [NEW][PS2] with set - $29.99 Rosenqueen
Atelier Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island - [DS][NEW] $13.99 - AMAZON
Cross Edge [PS3][NEW]
Disgaea DS [DS][USED] $17.99 - Gamestop
Disgaea 3 [PS3][USED] $12.99 - Gamestop
Disgaea Infinite [PSP][USED] $17.99 - Gamestop
Dragoneer's Aria [USED][PSP] - $7.99 - Gamestop
Grim Grimoire [PS2][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Last Rebellion - [PS3][NEW] - $20.01 - Amazon
Mana Khemia: Alchemist of Al-Revis [USED][PS2] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance [USED][PSP] - $12.99 - Gamestop
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy [PS2][USED] - $17.99 -Gamestop
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again [NEW/USED][WII] - $19.99/$17.99 - Gamestop
Prinny: Can I Really be a Hero? [NEW][PSP - $19.99 - Amazon
Puchi Puchi Virus [DS][NEW/USED] $9.99/$6.99 - Gamestop
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure [DS][NEW] $9.99 - Gamestop
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love [Wii][NEW/USED] $29.99/$19.99 - Gamestop
Trinity Universe [PS3][NEW]
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? [PSP][USED] - $17.99 - Gamestop
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 [PSP][USED] - $17.99 - Gamestop

PENTAVISION
Although not a Japanese company, Pentavision is a Korean company trying to make their way into the US and figured that I wanted to showcase some deals of their games for those interested.

DEALS:
DJ MAX [NEW/USED][PSP] - $19.99/$9.99 - Gamestop

SNK PLAYMORE
Renamed in July 2003 and formerly known as Playmore, SNK Playmore has its hand in the development, manufacture, sale, leasing, importing and exporting of amusement machines such as pachinko and pachislot; including game software for business and consumer use. It's subdivision, SNK NeoGeo acts as its primary publishing branch.

DEALS:
Art of Fighting Anthology [PS2][NEW] $7.99 - inetvideo
Fatal Fury Battle Archives v. 1 [PS2][NEW/USED] $8.99 - Amazon.com (for new) / $7.99 Gamestop (for used)
Fatal Fury Battle Archives v. 2 [PS2][NEW/USED] $6.99 Gamestop (for Used)
King of Fighters: Orochi Saga [Wii][USED/NEW] $9.99/$14.99 Gamestop
King of Fighters: Orochi Saga [PSP][USED/NEW] $12.99/$14.99 Gamestop
Metal Slug Anthology [PSP][NEW] - $9.99 - Newegg.com
Samurai Showdown Anthology [PS2][NEW] - $14.99 - Amazon [PS2][USED] $12.99/[WII][USED] $14.99 - Gamestop
SNK Arcade Classics [PS2][NEW] - $11.99 - Amazon.com
World Heroes Anthology [PS2][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop / $11.99 [NEW] Amazon.com
[NOTE: Reports are that some of the anthology's and battle archives are on sale at Toys R' Us stores for $5, not online though]

XSEED
Xseed Games was founded in November 2004 by a small group of talented professionals, all of whom have extensive experience in the videogame industry. Led by president Jun Iwasaki, the company's intention is to bring high-quality interactive entertainment (including titles across multiple genres from development groups in Japan) to the US market.

DEALS:
Avalon Code [DS] [USED] - $12.99 - Gamestop
Brave Story [PSP][USED] - $14.99 - Gamestop
Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground [PSP][USED] - $9.99 - Gamestop
Flower, Sun and Rain [DS] [NEW/USED] - $19.99/$12.99 - Gamestop
Half Minute Hero [PSP] [NEW/USED] - $19.99/$14.99 - Gamestop
Ivy the Kiwi [DS][NEW] - $17.54 - Amazon
Juon: The Grudge - [WII][NEW] - $12.94 - Amazon
Little King's Story [WII][NEW] - $12.99 - Amazon
Muramasa: Demon Blade [WII][NEW] - $14.99 - Newegg.com
Populous [DS][NEW] - $4.85 - Amazon
Ragnarok [DS][USED] - $17.99 - Gamestop
Retro Game Challenge [DS][USED] - $12.99 - Gamestop
Samurai Showdown Sen [XB360][NEW] - $12.48 - Amazon
Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces - [Wii][NEW] $9.98 - Gamestop
Valhalla Knights: Elder Saga - [WII][NEW] - $16.98 - Amazon
Wild Arms XF [PSP] [NEW/USED] - $19.99/$9.99 - Gamestop
The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road [DS][NEW] - $14.38 - Amazon

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

[quote name='mrbomb']I'm not sure if this was posted already but Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier is 19.99 NEW @ LameStop:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73959

I got mine a while ago for full price and its still sealed :cry:

* Never mind, its not available...[/QUOTE]

yeah, I saw that when the price first dropped, but it's not available online, and all my local stores have gutted copies. wish I could find a sealed one for $20

Deadly Premonition $15 at Amazon today. Easily my favorite game this year, I've been waiting for it to drop to pick up a copy for a friend.

[quote name='elessar123']Wait, we have an Aksys rep on CAG?[/QUOTE]
I suppose you could say that. I do work for Aksys. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try and post the details for the Apology Sale when it goes up, unless someone else beats me to it.

[quote name='belisarius']I suppose you could say that. I do work for Aksys. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try and post the details for the Apology Sale when it goes up, unless someone else beats me to it.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if Record of Agarest War on PSN will get a discount any time soon?

[quote name='jling84']Do you know if Record of Agarest War on PSN will get a discount any time soon?[/QUOTE]
No plans for that right now that I'm aware of.

Blazing Souls Accelate, BlazBlue Calamity Shift (PS3), and maybe Rockin Pretty are the only things in the store I still need. Good prices on those would be appreciated.

[quote name='belisarius']No plans for that right now that I'm aware of.[/QUOTE]

I'd like a sale on that as well. Along with Battle Fantasia on PSN. I made a post on the Aksys site apology sale thread about those, but it seems to have disappeared. o.o

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Blazing Souls Accelate, BlazBlue Calamity Shift (PS3), and maybe Rockin Pretty are the only things in the store I still need. Good prices on those would be appreciated.

I'd like a sale on that as well. Along with Battle Fantasia on PSN. I made a post on the Aksys site apology sale thread about those, but it seems to have disappeared. o.o[/QUOTE]
LOL, it's either Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (original) or Blazblue: Continuum Shift (sequel/expansion).

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I'd like a sale on that as well. Along with Battle Fantasia on PSN. I made a post on the Aksys site apology sale thread about those, but it seems to have disappeared. o.o[/QUOTE]
Not sure why it disappeared... I checked the forum and comment spam queues, nothing there. Anyway, I mentioned the interest in a discounted PSN version of Agarest to the boss, so the idea's out there now.

[quote name='belisarius']Not sure why it disappeared... I checked the forum and comment spam queues, nothing there. Anyway, I mentioned the interest in a discounted PSN version of Agarest to the boss, so the idea's out there now.[/QUOTE]

Nice, hope it's low enough for me to double dip. I have the naughty edition, unopened. But I do prefer the ps3.

[quote name='baochan']Deadly Premonition $15 at Amazon today. Easily my favorite game this year, I've been waiting for it to drop to pick up a copy for a friend.[/QUOTE]

MSRP $19.99 it should be $10 or less. I waits for cheap copy :)

[quote name='belisarius']Not sure why it disappeared... I checked the forum and comment spam queues, nothing there. Anyway, I mentioned the interest in a discounted PSN version of Agarest to the boss, so the idea's out there now.[/QUOTE]

I hope Aksys does a sale sooner than later. With all these sales, we're going to be running out of money soon. Hehe...

Here is what I'm hoping for:

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Blazing Souls: Accelate
Deathsmiles or set
Mimanya Iyar Chronicle
River City Hooligans
River City Sports Challenge
Record of Agarest War or set

Awesome! Thanks!

[quote name='mxpowar']LOL, it's either Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (original) or Blazblue: Continuum Shift (sequel/expansion).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant Continuum Shift. I was multitasking at the time.

Oh well. Glad to hear you suggested it the boss. Thanks!

I think this thread needs a new title like "niche Japanese developers thread" or something of the sort. The list of companies is getting out of hand.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to update the first post on the first page (get a database error).

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Addition for the PS3 is $12.99 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cala..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291355843&sr=1-4

XSeed's Wizard of Oz has dropped to $13.99

http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Oz-Bey...0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291356023&sr=1-10

Atlus Last Rebellion has dropped to $18.53

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Rebellio..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291356429&sr=1-1

All right, our Apology Sale is now live! You can check it out on our site, but here's a breakdown of what's on sale:

• Deathsmiles Limited Edition (Includes faceplate and soundtrack) - $29.99
  • Deathsmiles Standard Edition (Just the game) - $19.99
  • Record of Agarest War Bundle (Includes the mousepad and pillowcase) - $29.99
  • PS3 and Xbox 360 BB:CS Arcade Sticks - No Shipping Charges (So, $19.95 cheaper)
These will only go 'til Monday, but we're planning on having another sale next weekend, so check back. I'll drop an update here where that one goes live too.

As I mentioned before, shipping is included in all prices (unless otherwise indicated).

[quote name='belisarius']All right, our Apology Sale is now live! You can check it out on our site, but here's a breakdown of what's on sale:

• PS3 and Xbox 360 BB:CS Arcade Sticks - No Shipping Charges (So, $19.95 cheaper)
These will only go 'til Monday, but we're planning on having another sale next weekend, so check back. I'll drop and update here where that one goes live too.

As I mentioned before, shipping is included in all prices (unless otherwise indicated).[/QUOTE]

Is the Record of Agarest War Bundle all separate or in the super naughty box?

[quote name='mrbomb']Is the Record of Agarest War Bundle all separate or in the super naughty box?[/QUOTE]
Separate, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately). The Naughty Edition boxes are no more.

Meh. Already have both Agarest and Deathsmiles, not interested in the arcade stick. Oh well, I guess not being interested in any of the deals ultimately saves me money. :whistle2:|

[quote name='belisarius']Separate, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately). The Naughty Edition boxes are no more.[/QUOTE]
:cry: I think I'm going to end up biting the bullet and get the naughty edition from amazon while they have it in stock, I want the big ass box.

Hopefully next week you guys have 999 on sale since I already have Deathsmiles LE and enough arcade sticks.

Talk about a joke of a sale. The arcade sticks are available on Amazon for the same price and have been for months now with free shipping. Most of us already have the other two games and they have hovered around those prices anyway on Amazon and Gamestop previously. How about actually cutting the prices of some of the PSP and DS stuff by 50%?

[quote name='belisarius']Separate, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately). The Naughty Edition boxes are no more.[/QUOTE]
So the bundle has everything except the soundtrack CD and the flimsy naughty box?

[quote name='bojay1997']Talk about a joke of a sale. The arcade sticks are available on Amazon for the same price and have been for months now with free shipping. Most of us already have the other two games and they have hovered around those prices anyway on Amazon and Gamestop previously. How about actually cutting the prices of some of the PSP and DS stuff by 50%?[/QUOTE]
Lowering prices in our own store to significantly below what the same game retails for runs the risk of damaging our relationships with retailers like Amazon and GameStop, who move the vast majority of our product. Why would someone go to Amazon to buy 999 for $35 if we were selling it for $16?

[quote name='belisarius']Lowering prices in our own store to significantly below what the same game retails for runs the risk of damaging our relationships with retailers like Amazon and GameStop, who move the vast majority of our product. Why would someone go to Amazon to buy 999 for $35 if we were selling it for $16?[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you wouldn't do it everyday. It would be a one day sale or something along those lines. Other small publishers do it all the time including NIS. You could also work with Amazon to do a real sale on the items rather than just basically matching what Amazon has already been doing for months.

[quote name='bojay1997']Obviously, you wouldn't do it everyday. It would be a one day sale or something along those lines. Other small publishers do it all the time including NIS. You could also work with Amazon to do a real sale on the items rather than just basically matching what Amazon has already been doing for months.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they doing this sale because a coordinated sale with Amazon didn't go through or something?

Whoo Whoo! I bought both Death Smiles Limited and Record of Agarest. Was at Gamestop an hour ago and it would of cost me around a hundred bucks with tax for those two sets. Saved around $35-40. Thanks Aksys!!!!

Now if you guys also consider 999, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Blazing Souls: Accelate Mimanya Iyar Chronicle and any of the River City's, I'll buy right now!

Catching up on sets today...after a long time of waiting, I picked up the two NIS America sets of "Mana Khemia 2" and "Sakura Wars" (PS2). Now I just need to pick up Atelier Rorona and I'm good!

[quote name='belisarius']

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. As far as sales go, this is pretty crappy. I assume you don't really control it, so I'm not blaming you, but if you could pass the word up.

Guess it doesn't help that I preordered Deathsmiles for the same price from Gamestop (still sealed), a standard used copy from Gamestop from their B2G1 sale to play, an Agarest Naughty Edition (still sealed), and just bought 2 SSFIV TE R2 sticks for $154 shipped...

Doesn't feel like much of an apology though.

Edit: I'd love to see 999 discounted significantly, even like $20-$25, limited to 200 copies or something. And I can wish for Blazing Soul, but I have time to wait for that to drop to $20 even if it's not on sale.

Edit 2: Woo, a watch. And you guys still have Laevatein with folder and artbook, which I missed out on when Amazon had it for $16.xx. I'd bite at $20 =P

Well, I've always been disappointed with the BBCS sticks. I mean, c'mon...even at $129.99 with free shipping? The hype looks like it's over already so I feel like there's no good reason to fork that much for a numbered stick when Capcom has theirs for $100 from time to time. Anywho, would like a discount on 999 since my nearest GameStops only carried 5 copies.

Belisarius, I just realized...so the CD soundtrack is only in the Naughty Edition or does it come with this purchase of Record of Agarest?

[quote name='kndy']Whoo Whoo! I bought both Death Smiles Limited and Record of Agarest. Was at Gamestop an hour ago and it would of cost me around a hundred bucks with tax for those two sets. Saved around $35-40. Thanks Aksys!!!!

Now if you guys also consider 999, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Blazing Souls: Accelate Mimanya Iyar Chronicle and any of the River City's, I'll buy right now!

Catching up on sets today...after a long time of waiting, I picked up the two NIS America sets of "Mana Khemia 2" and "Sakura Wars" (PS2). Now I just need to pick up Atelier Rorona and I'm good![/QUOTE]

damn looks like most have sold out already. nothing good for me.

[quote name='kndy']Belisarius, I just realized...so the CD soundtrack is only in the Naughty Edition or does it come with this purchase of Record of Agarest?[/QUOTE]
That's correct. The bundle being sold on our website doesn't include the CD.

[quote name='belisarius']That's correct. The bundle being sold on our website doesn't include the CD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! Any word if there will be more titles that will be priced down? Or is this pretty much it for the holiday day season?

[quote name='kndy']Thanks!!! Any word if there will be more titles that will be priced down? Or is this pretty much it for the holiday day season?[/QUOTE]
We're planning on doing another sale next weekend, and possibly one more after that. I don't know what titles will be on sale, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back