'Jeanne d'Arc' - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='HuBu']yeah that Giles guy creep me out. the kid archer is great.[/QUOTE]
wait till you do a wiki search on Giles.

Didn't realize that Level 5 made this or that it was supposed to be so good. I'm reading through IGN's review and... yeah, I'm gonna buy this.

i got this game for 12 bucks from gamefly after uing my 10 buck coupon.

only bad thing i can say is i hate the turn limits

only played it to map 3 , will play it alot more latter (since there are NO RPG Games coming for the PSP or DS until Oct )

I'm playing it fine on 3.40oe.

That mission where you have to make it across the map without people dying sucks. I've done it about 5 times now and somehow the french thief character manages to die every time.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm playing it fine on 3.40oe.

That mission where you have to make it across the map without people dying sucks. I've done it about 5 times now and somehow the french thief character manages to die every time.[/quote]

Just updated to 3.52 CE M33 or whatever. Going to play tomorrow inbetween class and Final Fantasy. Did I really need another version of Final Fantasy, probably not. Is Final Fantasy one of my favorite childhood games? YES!

[quote name='jer7583']I'm playing it fine on 3.40oe.

That mission where you have to make it across the map without people dying sucks. I've done it about 5 times now and somehow the french thief character manages to die every time.[/QUOTE]
a lot easier to kill all our enemies before trying to leave the map.

I just picked this up today. I like the setting and art style. Plus, this is my first Level 5 game. Never could get into the Dark Cloud series or DQ VIII (not a big fan of Akira Toriyama's art style). So, I missed out on Level 5. ;)

[quote name='62t']a lot easier to kill all our enemies before trying to leave the map.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just make sure to stick together and have a healer. then just plow your way over. use the archer to pick off the guys and do major dmg to them. for some reason, the kid does more dmg to the enemy than some of my regular sword fighters.

i just love how you can customize the char to your taste with different skills.

to slidecage
the turn limit is what makes this game what it is.

I've been playing it an hour here and there. It's a fairly decent game and was surprised at one part happening that's a rather big spoiler. So really, don't click it unless you have a five slot armlet wielder.

Liane was burned to death at the stake! Not many RPGs seem to let important people die and I was a bit shocked since I wasn't really expecting it to happen.

I wish there were more decisions you could make in the game and they had a little bit more impact on the story. I also need to figure out what Adroit does (I keep forgetting to create it) and get some more HP Recovery III since story battles have been mean to me with drops. After using Two Rounds, I don't think I like it too much unless it's put on an archer or a person with very high evade due to everything hit being countered when it actually works.

I also hate the turn limit for every battle, but without it the game would be far too easy. Thankfully this game doesn't have perma-death when you die in battle or I'd have to rethink my 'sacrifice worthless pawn to win quick' strategies in battle. Except now I don't have anymore empty slots to fit with worthless pawns.

Also, why does
Giles
have to suck so damn much? I mean I put him in battle since he can take a hit (kinda) but all I use him for is Mobility Up, Heal, and the occasional meat shield to block a character with weaker defense. I mean I still use him to attack occasionally but he just pales in comparison to everybody else.

I pm'd this game at best buy (futureshop was selling it for $26.99 on their website for the labour day sale) and used the $5 off any psp title coupon (they still accepted it, even though it says right on the back that it expired on Aug 31,:lol:). It came up to a little over $24CAD.

Speaking as one who doesnt play RTS games (I find them too time consuming), this game converted me to the genre. The production value is amazing, as is the in game graphics. Voice acting is top notch too. I love the fact that I can take this on the go, if it were for a console I would probably not even consider it. So far I am having a blast with it and it deffinately gets heavy usage on long subway rides. I would deffinately reccomend this game to anyone with a psp. If my area is any indication, I dont think the game is selling too well, despite the great reviews :whistle2:( .

This game's AI is so much better than I'm used to from FFT/Tactics Ogre.

I had a battle where I couldn't lose a single person, and I've surrounded the last character I had to kill, with an archer and a spellcaster up on a hill nearby bombarding from above. Well on his last turn before I could kill him, he goes and climbs the hill and kills the spellcaster with one hit, when I didn't even realize he had been manuvering into range. Tricky..

I think I am on the last bit before I am done with chapter one. This game is awesome. I picked it and Final Fantasy and have logged like 4 hours with Jeanna. Should she be lvl 17 and I am just now about to enter Chinon?

my jeanne is at lvl 45 (no lvl grindings) and in chapter 6/chateau burgundy

im taking a little break from the game atm because i dont want to beat it too quick.
awesome game, its definitely in my top 3 of all current psp game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's higher than I was I believe. I'm like level 25, and I'm at the Tourelles.[/quote]

I guess I am grinding a bit. That is what I do in these games. My part is no lower than 15. I am also farming for money and those skill thingies. I guess I should advance since Jeanne is over lvl 20 and we just sacked the second city of the Orleans part of chapter 2.

None of my characters are over level 16 and i just cleared the second part of orleans, so you should be trampling the enemy.

Picked this game up with some of my neverending GC credit. I may just have to recharge the ol' PSP to give this a whirl... Tagged for later info...

Though I play these types of games rather infrequently, I would have to say it is probably my "best" genre as I'm not a great twitch gamer ;). My only problem is that I tend to get obsessed with them and sink way too much time into them - thus I hold off on playing new ones. (Advance Wars DS took over 100 hours of my life, for example).

I tried to hold off on this game after I purchased my PSP Slim but I couldn't. I broke down and tried it after owning the Slim for a couple of days. I love it. I played a couple of hours last night. Jeanne is lv 11 and I still haven't went to the first stage yet. -______-

Do I need to level up my core group, or can I just level up Joan and have her kick everyone's rear ? RIght now I'm trying to distribute the experience, but I don't really see a point if Joan is a much higher level and could single handily wipe them out.

[quote name='leehom']Do I need to level up my core group, or can I just level up Joan and have her kick everyone's rear ? RIght now I'm trying to distribute the experience, but I don't really see a point if Joan is a much higher level and could single handily wipe them out.[/quote]

don't just lvl up jeanne, in certain lvls later on jeanne wont be included in the battle and you must use your other guys only.
And if they are all weak lvls your gonna get raped.
The same goes for some other characters too.
my advice, pick 4-5 guys you really like and try to keep their lvl within 2-3 of jeanne.
jeanne is always my highest lvl but i always got 4-5 other chars just a little behind her.

I picked up a slim PSP after never owning a PSP just for this game (and to get ready for FF Tactics). I'm loving it so far. The gameplay is a bit shallow (you can't hurt your own teammates and there are no real classes), but I'm still having fun with it. The AI is pretty decent and I like the in-game banter.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I still haven't gotten my demo in the mail, and I leave tomorrow. Douchebags.[/quote]

I never got mine either. I decided to get the game anyway. It is awesome!

I love this game and for me there are only a few things missing one of the big ones is classes. I miss how FFTA made you put some thought into that type of thing. This game is great though and I dont mind thats its not a total FFTA rip off.

[quote name='BREVITY']I love this game and for me there are only a few things missing one of the big ones is classes. I miss how FFTA made you put some thought into that type of thing. This game is great though and I dont mind thats its not a total FFTA rip off.[/quote]
Hmm well you have slight classes, in the form of what weapon the characters can use right?

[quote name='NamPaehc']Hmm well you have slight classes, in the form of what weapon the characters can use right?[/QUOTE]

yup. certain characters can use certain weapons which will lock them into certain weapon skills. as for spells (ie. stat booster, and black and white magic) anyone can equip them.

[quote name='Kendal']For those past stage 15.

What stage do I get Jeanne back?
[/quote]

Anyone have an answer for this? Also, for those who beat the game, what was your level?

[quote name='Kendal']Anyone have an answer for this? Also, for those who beat the game, what was your level?[/quote]

I'm past there but I don't remember specifically at all. As for what level do you beat the game at? I have like two battles left and am level
55'ish
. I haven't done any side leveling really.

I really should just finish up the game... lol.

I got it this week. It's pretty fun. Everything plays smoothly and it's definitely nice to have a good RPG in the PSP library

Well, finished up the game. Ending was pretty decent. My party was around level
51-56
when I beat the game with no real side stuff done.

Sometimes when I play, the game just hangs there. For example, the last couple of times, it was waiting for someone to initiate an attack. The music still plays, and the screen automatically slowly rotates around the character over and over again, but nothing happens. I have turn the power on and off in order to get the game to progress and after that it's fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='nakedsushi']Sometimes when I play, the game just hangs there. For example, the last couple of times, it was waiting for someone to initiate an attack. The music still plays, and the screen automatically slowly rotates around the character over and over again, but nothing happens. I have turn the power on and off in order to get the game to progress and after that it's fine.

Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

I never had it stop to where I needed to do something like that but I have had it hang once or twice through the entire game.

[quote name='Kendal']I need help on stage 24. I am getting my ass handed to me. My levels are around 40-45. Help please![/quote]

Which stage is that? Need more details to refresh my memory since not even GameFAQs has anything about that stage yet.

I've been playing this for the last two weeks and I'm very impressed. Cutscenes are well done and the combat is solid. I'm glad I picked this up before I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics.

[quote name='Draekon']Which stage is that? Need more details to refresh my memory since not even GameFAQs has anything about that stage yet.[/quote]

It is the Burgandy house after Roger turns into a monster and leaves the party. This guy is fucking huge and a beast. He is behind a door that I can't open and I have to go around the back way. It chugs nuts.

[quote name='BREVITY']I suck. Some of these missions are very hard. How can I not have even one person die... geez.[/quote]

I learned you've pretty much have to keep everyone together and stomp through the levels as a team.

[quote name='Kendal']
It is the Burgandy house after Roger turns into a monster and leaves the party. This guy is fucking huge and a beast. He is behind a door that I can't open and I have to go around the back way. It chugs nuts.
[/quote]

Ah, that one. For that I did:

Since I didn't have Jeanne equipped with any type of healing gem, I would let her use items every turn she needed. Which used up most of my healing items but thankfully I didn't run out. I sent my party around the right side to the back then transformed with everyone and then pummeled away like crazy and eventually backed him into a wall in the final room which made it pretty easy. Took a few 'hit instead of heal' risks that seemed to work. Remember he's a caster, so try not to keep everyone in a formation his AoE magic will work well if he has any.

I remember I tried to kill him originally by placing mages by the unopenable door and horribly failed with that. It was definitely a tougher fight and about all the advice I can give as I didn't do anything special.

[quote name='BREVITY']I suck. Some of these missions are very hard. How can I not have even one person die... geez.[/quote]

Keep the team together like NamPaehc said or split up into 2 teams. I usually used 2 tanks and a healer/archer per team to keep things running smoothly.

The only thing I don't like about this game is the sheer number of teammates. Juggling a dozen people got to be a chore.

[quote name='depascal22']
The only thing I don't like about this game is the sheer number of teammates. Juggling a dozen people got to be a chore.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet but that sounds like one of the things you deal with in the two Fire Emblem titles on the GBA. You get to choose from characters that you pick up on the way. Each tends to have a particular strength. And yes, if you want everyone at somewhat equal levels, it could get tough juggling all of the available characters.

I'm about to beat the game today. It's a very good SRPG but also very easy. It's a good introduction to the genre before attempting Disgaea.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got this game for $15 plus taxes. Thanks to CC buy 1 get 1 50% off then return another for full refuned :)[/quote]

Nice move!

Just finished the game yesterday. The anime cutscenes are very well done and they progress the story nicely. The story was good and it had it's fair amount of twists. The combat is very good. The burning aura and unified defense systems bring some extra strategy into it. Unfortunately, most of the enemies you face are easy enough to beat without the extra damage done by burning aura attacks. It's too bad there isn't another difficulty level to make combat really top-notch. I'd score the game 9 or higher if it was harder but it was a cake walk and that gives it an 8.5. It did make the wait for FF Tactics and Disgaea a little easier though.

bread's done
Back