Jimmy Snuka's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JaytheGamefan']That's the show where Russo did a "shoot" on Hogan, then Booker faced Jarrett to win his first world title.[/quote]

o ok.. yea i think i have that somewhere.. i definitely didnt attend that one though.. i think i went to the one where mach won the title.

Downloaded and watching Raw.. was funny to see the replay of Mercury getting fucked up, when he was on the ground and slung his hair back and you could see the blood literally shooting out, the crowd popped.. it was weird hearing "OHHHHHH!!!!!!!" to a replay.

It's kinda sad that Kevin Federline has better mic and acting skills than some of the other wrestlers out there.. either someone trained him a bit or he's been practicing in front of a mirror in his spare time because his acting and mic skills have imrpoved since his first appearance. I can't believe i'm not completely annoyed by his presence on Raw.. I am actually viewing him as a talent rather than a celebrity. He's been on WWE TV too much.

I think I just need more sleep.

[quote name='Scorch']It's kinda sad that Kevin Federline has better mic and acting skills than some of the other wrestlers out there.. either someone trained him a bit or he's been practicing in front of a mirror in his spare time because his acting and mic skills have imrpoved since his first appearance. I can't believe i'm not completely annoyed by his presence on Raw.. I am actually viewing him as a talent rather than a celebrity. He's been on WWE TV too much.

I think I just need more sleep.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, he's been made to be a heel by the media - people hated him before he was on Raw. He could read the fucking Wall Street Journal's front page as a promo, and people would still boo the shit out of him. He's a very public figure who happens to be both white trash and superficial - thus, the wrestling fans hate him because he's just like them, but wealthy.

It is sad that the WWE can't get their heels to be seen in that same way, but so much of what is scripted is so fucking hollow...why are we supposed to hate the Spirit Squad in the same way as Federline? The only person who comes close is Randy Orton, and he is very good at portraying himself as a cocky prick on TV. You believe that he truly is a cocky prick (and he probably is). Most of the other guys couldn't promo themselves out of a wet paper bag. To an extent, you're right, it is about their skill on the mic, but to some degree you have to question why it is that Federline is hated, yet cartoonish gimmicks like Samoan monsters, male cheerleaders, and cowpokes can't get the same kind of heat.

In the end, the kind of scripting the WWE does has to stop. Let guys succeed or fail on their own out there - Steve Austin would have *never* happened if he started 5 years later, because he wouldn't have been given a chance at having a nonscripted interview. That's the most easily fixable aspect of it, IMO.

[quote name='mykevermin']The only person who comes close is Randy Orton, and he is very good at portraying himself as a cocky prick on TV. You believe that he truly is a cocky prick (and he probably is). [/QUOTE]
There's something about Randy Orton that hearkens back to the simplistic heels of the past.

I like him a lot.

[quote name='Brak']There's something about Randy Orton that hearkens back to the simplistic heels of the past.

I like him a lot.[/QUOTE]

Like him, or want to see him get bashed in the face with a Buick?

[quote name='mykevermin']Like him, or want to see him get bashed in the face with a Buick?[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah. "I love to hate him."

I think he's a great heel.

[quote name='mykevermin']Like him, or want to see him get bashed in the face with a Buick?[/QUOTE]

Remember that time he RKO'ed Hulk Hogan onto the car?

"DAD!?! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? RANDY DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED???"

[quote name='Roufuss']Remember that time he RKO'ed Hulk Hogan onto the car?

"DAD!?! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? RANDY DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED???"[/quote]

I was laughing at the absurdity of that. Brooke CANNOT act. I think she went to the Lita School of Acting :lol:

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I was laughing at the absurdity of that. Brooke CANNOT act. I think she went to the Lita School of Acting :lol:[/quote]

And the Barry Manilow School of Singing.

King Booker's new wrestling academyQUOTE (WWE.com)King Booker is especially excited this holiday season as he is ready to launch his wrestling academy into the spotlight. Pro Wrestling Alliance, PWA as it is known, has been gearing up for two years in anticipation of this moment. “This show is hopefully going to bring wrestling back to the Houston area, and breed new stars for the wrestling business. Never in a million years would I have imagined doing this, but here I am with my own company, my own organization. Maybe I can be the Vince McMahon of the Houston area.”

Booker has high expectations for the PWA, and for the past two years he has been making this dream come true. He’s looking forward to elevating wrestling back in the Houston area and he has a lot of help in doing so.

“I’ve been the head-and-only trainer for the past year, but I just hired a trainer, and Sharmell has helped this whole venture immensely. Christmas Chaos is going to be great because of all that help. This Thursday, at 7 p.m., King Booker is going to run the PWA kingdom, and I won’t be alone. Boogeyman, Sly and Charlie Haas are all going to make appearances at the show, so come on out and enjoy the show.”
Christmas Chaos
Thursday December 21, 7pm, Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena, Tx.
PWA

RandySavage.jpg

I found that to be very amusing :lol:

Edit-

hbkwtcvh5.png
that too

Oh fuck YEAH!!!!!!!

The near full card for TNA Final Resolution based upon the spoilers:

30 Minute Iron Man Match
Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle
:drool:

3 Way Elimination Match for the NWA Title
Abyss vs Sting vs Christian Cage

3 Way X Division Title Match
Christopher Daniels vs Chris Sabin vs Jerry Lynn

NWA Tag Team Title Match
LAX vs Team 3D

Street Fight
Rhino vs AJ Styles

James Storm vs Petey Williams

Hey TNA... here's $30....... you got my order already! :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Hey TNA... here's $30....... you got my order already! :D :D :D :D :D[/spoiler][/quote]

A far cry from where you stood regarding TNA less than 2 weeks ago, fickle fickle.

Although any 3-way match that is an elimination match is excellent in my book, I hate that ego shit that keeps one guy from *losing* a match so he has another guy in there to do the job, while he just isn't involved in the decision.

[quote name='Demolition Man']No no no... its not "Justice".... its Abyss without the mask. :lol:[/quote]

yea i know.. putting the mask on him was the best move ever

Now there are DQ's in ECW when no interference even happens in the ring? Dreamer never went near the ring and the bell wrong.

WTF?

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I was laughing at the absurdity of that. Brooke CANNOT act. I think she went to the Lita School of Acting :lol:[/QUOTE]

I laughed for like 10 minutes straight, no joke.

I couldn't believe they made her seem so stupid, like she couldn't put the pieces of this 2 piece puzzle together.

"My Dad and Randy were outside the car, now my Dad is on the ground and Randy is smiling?!? RANDY WHAT HAPPENED??!?!"

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Now there are DQ's in ECW when no interference even happens in the ring? Dreamer never went near the ring and the bell wrong.

WTF?[/QUOTE]

What's ECW?

I'm pretty sure that Khali got the pin, but it was hard to tell, since one note of a theme played, and it was either his or Dreamer's, and I don't care enough to hit rewind and check. Logically, there's no reason to DQ anyone in the match because Dreamer attacked Daivari, who wasn't a legal participant.
Joe-Angle III will be even deader than the second one was.

Yea that might have been what happened, but the way they cut away with the camera to what was going on and the ref calling for the bell made it seem like it was a DQ.

Was reading the Observer the other day - someone (Russo probably) actually has Dixie Carter thinking that there will be a match worked out with WWE for the VKM storyline :rofl: . Dixie gave an interview saying they expected a match to be worked out soon.

The term "money mark" has never been more appropriate.

Done finals... did OK. Worried about my statistics final though.. all I needed was a 75% to keep my A but I'm not even sure I got that high... damn test took too long! Anyway, gonna watch a little RAW and catch up. I definitely marked out for Vladimir Kolkoz or whatever his name is... for once they let a guy speak the actual language he's supposed to be familiar with :p

So far Impact has been good. Storylines have slowed down immensely and the focus so far as basically been on the wrestling even though the matches haven't been too long.

After last week's good show, I thought this one was horrid. At least it had "THAT MUST MEAN HE WAS IN JAIL!" and Runta Claus getting border tossed. Oh, and Mike Tenay BEING STERN! is always good for a laugh. There was too little wrestling and too many bad non-wrestling parts this week. I loved that Santa delivered gifts in a garbage bag, oh, and Hoyt dancing. That ruled. A lot.

[quote name='Sporadic']Today's turning out to be a great day.

I just recieved this in the mail from my SomethingAwful Secret Santa.

11001xvy0.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice.

I was actually looking into buying one of those for myself a few minutes ago.

[quote name='Brak']Nice.

I was actually looking into buying one of those for myself a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

It actually pretty nice, I don't know about 25 dollar nice but it's good quality.

One of the nicer things about it is that it doesn't have the WWE logo anywhere on it besides the tag.

I always enjoy having a wrestling shirt that only fans can recognize.

[quote name='Sporadic']It actually pretty nice, I don't know about 25 dollar nice but it's good quality.

One of the nicer things about it is that it doesn't have the WWE logo anywhere on it besides the tag.

I always enjoy having a wrestling shirt that only fans can recognize.[/QUOTE]
The no WWE logo in sight is always a good thing -- they're real tyrants with that shit.

The only wrestling shirts / relics I still have are:

- A Norman Smiley football Jersey, from his hard-core days (lol)
- Tie-dye nWo shirt, with NO PEACE on the back

I used to have a Monday Night Jericho shirt, but I lost that in gym class back in 12th grade.

[quote name='Brak']The no WWE logo in sight is always a good thing -- they're real tyrants with that shit.[/QUOTE]

Yep, which is why I will mention this here (sorry if I did before, but it's worth repeating):

The Ron Simmons "DAMN" shirt you get when you order it is different from the one he has on TV. There is a WWE logo in the upper right corner, and it fuckING SUCKS.

However, I'll find a way to either black it out or remove it, so in the end it should be fine.

Coolest wrestling hat ever: Undertaker's "Big Evil" hat from a few years back. Has the red devil face logo on the front, "Big Evil" on the back, and nary a WWE logo to be found anywhere, except on the removeable tag.

Can I see a pic of that Simmons shirt? I think the shopzone picture is the same one as he wears on TV.

There is something about wearing a pro wrestling shirt that just screams "I am a loveless douchebag" that can be reduced or eliminated if it doesn't have "WWE" or "ROH" all over it. Of couse, I do own a few (rarely wear any, except a generic ROH shirt, or the first WWE Christian Cage shirt to the gym from time to time - but never in public). I think there are a handful of exceptions - worn right, a Hulkamania shirt, or perhaps a Hot Rod! shirt, could be pulled off both without irony and without embarrassment. Anything with Bret Hart on it, however...nope.

There are some that could be worn in that tragically/ironically hip sort of way...like the Ravishing Rick Rude shirt, or the Wild Samoans. I'm still waiting for them to release a grey/black sleeve baseball style shirt with Demolition on it. It may happen. It may.

EDIT:
W00625X.JPG

You only see this pic if you click on the "See larger image" link, as the pic on the page is of Simmons from Raw. fuckers. I don't know if their web people suck, or if they're trying to sucker people into branding themselves.

[quote name='guyver2077']i think one of the people for my raw lunch is candice michelle and im getting some sort of vip tour[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.

Maybe if she dosen't speak it will be ok.

IMO, she's not really much to look at either, since I'm not a fan of plastic women. If I had a choice, I'd take Mickie James out... maybe Victoria.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm sorry.

Maybe if she dosen't speak it will be ok.

IMO, she's not really much to look at either, since I'm not a fan of plastic women. If I had a choice, I'd take Mickie James out... maybe Victoria.[/quote]

yea mickie woulda been good but cant complain

[quote name='guyver2077']o shit mercurys coming out next[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was going to post that... he looks like shit too.

And wow, I haven't watched Smackdown in over a year, but good to see Boogeyman still has the same shit gimmick as he always did.

I laughed when he put worms in the announcers mouth though.

[quote name='guyver2077']o shit here comes hardy

yes nitro on smackdown!!![/QUOTE]

Yea that's fucking crazy... I wonder if Jeff is going to come out too.

When the hell did Smackdown get better than Raw?

And did they tell JBL to tone down his commentary? It's still good, but he's not quite the racist, lets make jokes at everyone expense commentator he was awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back